Understanding Christianity

You have nothing except personal fantasies. The bible is a load of made up stuff, otherwise, how did Noah get kangaroos from Australia and back again afterwards?
I, unlike you, are on an actual quest to find god. And personal delusions aren't valid, just the real thing. Good luck in your fantasy world, if I ever find the real thing I'll be happy to let you know what god actually is about.

No need to go into the micro-aggression mode. (Fantasies and delusions)

Where, in the Bible, does it say Noah got kangaroos from Australia? This is what I mean about only being able to see ancient writings through the lens of modern English and a 21st century American mind set. Truly, if ancient man thought we modern descendants were going to be such idiots, they would have been easier on their own culture and despaired of ours.

Thanks. I already know (a minuscule amount) what God is about. And, (speaking of delusions and fantasies) He isn't about putting Australian animals on a Middle Eastern ark. Study Noah's culture, study the language and learn that the language did not say the planet was covered, it said earth (dirt) was covered.

And, I wish you well on your quest. Maybe someday you will be thinking, "Ah this is what that thread was talking about." In the meantime, I hope the rest of your day is a good one.
So you have to move the goalposts to make Noah's story work for you. So what about the 40 days and nights that the flood lasted? If it was a regional flood it couldn't have had high water covering all the mountains, and for 40 days no less!
So 2 of every animal is bullshit, and here I was being constantly told that the bible is inspired by god. So I guess god didn't know about kangaroos... Is that your position?
And is calling me an idiot passive aggressive or just an outright schoolyard insult?
Dude, give up on the tidbits of garbage hearsay you have accepted as fact and educate yourself and go read what it says.

The flood didn't last 40 days, the rising waters did. Most species had more than two, we all know the land masses of the earth were once one, we all know when the land broke up it caused mountains to rise, we all know those mountains have Dead Sea creatures, we all know the species would have fitted in the ark, we all know the earth was once always covered in mist, etc etc.

Was every species on the Ark? No. Species is a term used in the modern classification system. The Bible uses the term “kind.” The created kind was a much broader category than the modern term of classification, species.

Recent studies estimate the total number of living and extinct kinds of land animals and flying creatures to be about 1,500. With our “worst-case” scenario approach to calculating the number of animals on the Ark, this would mean that Noah cared for approximately 7,000 animals.

If you want to know, ask. Don't go making mocking statements and act like they're Fact.
It rained 40 days and forty nights. And the fountains of the deep opened up. This is important because these underground fountains actually exist. There are vast resovoirs under the Earths crust. They are under immense pressure. The people of Noah's time had no way of knowing about these fountains. Once released it is theorised that the velocity would exceed the sound barrier, sending the water into low Earth orbit to fall as rain. Some of it even achieved escape velocity and formed comets.
Can you point to a scientific paper or study that backs up this claim? Or is this simply something that was made up?

You have nothing except personal fantasies. The bible is a load of made up stuff, otherwise, how did Noah get kangaroos from Australia and back again afterwards?
I, unlike you, are on an actual quest to find god. And personal delusions aren't valid, just the real thing. Good luck in your fantasy world, if I ever find the real thing I'll be happy to let you know what god actually is about.

Where, in the Bible, does it say Noah got kangaroos from Australia? This is what I mean about only being able to see ancient writings through the lens of modern English and a 21st century American mind set. Truly, if ancient man thought we modern descendants were going to be such idiots, they would have been easier on their own culture and despaired of ours.

Thanks. I already know (a minuscule amount) what God is about. And, (speaking of delusions and fantasies) He isn't about putting Australian animals on a Middle Eastern ark. Study Noah's culture, study the language and learn that the language did not say the planet was covered, it said earth (dirt) was covered.

And, I wish you well on your quest. Maybe someday you will be thinking, "Ah this is what that thread was talking about." In the meantime, I hope the rest of your day is a good one.
So you have to move the goalposts to make Noah's story work for you. So what about the 40 days and nights that the flood lasted? If it was a regional flood it couldn't have had high water covering all the mountains, and for 40 days no less!
So 2 of every animal is bullshit, and here I was being constantly told that the bible is inspired by god. So I guess god didn't know about kangaroos... Is that your position?
And is calling me an idiot passive aggressive or just an outright schoolyard insult?
Dude, give up on the tidbits of garbage hearsay you have accepted as fact and educate yourself and go read what it says.

The flood didn't last 40 days, the rising waters did. Most species had more than two, we all know the land masses of the earth were once one, we all know when the land broke up it caused mountains to rise, we all know those mountains have Dead Sea creatures, we all know the species would have fitted in the ark, we all know the earth was once always covered in mist, etc etc.

Was every species on the Ark? No. Species is a term used in the modern classification system. The Bible uses the term “kind.” The created kind was a much broader category than the modern term of classification, species.

Recent studies estimate the total number of living and extinct kinds of land animals and flying creatures to be about 1,500. With our “worst-case” scenario approach to calculating the number of animals on the Ark, this would mean that Noah cared for approximately 7,000 animals.

If you want to know, ask. Don't go making mocking statements and act like they're Fact.
Ok, I'll ask, do kangaroos come from?

How did Noah get food on a boat for and with 7000 animals? And he didn't lose one? Cann a handfull of people feed and shovel the shit of 7000 animals for 40 days? How did the ark land on top of a mountain if the flood was only regional?

Where the land masses all one during Noah's day? If not, why bring it up?

When did dinosaurs live? And how old is the earth?
1. Animals spread out. Sea level was lower, ice age was starting due to the water going back into the earth.

2. The ark was 2.21 million cubic feet, plenty of room for animals and feed. In addition baby animals were probably used.

3. It was 150 days. Yes, they could be taken care of.

4. The flood was global, thus it's on s mountain.

You missed my big question. How'd a 600 year old guy build an ark without a Home Depot? Just more evidence the ancients were a lot smarter than we are today.

After the flood they saw a rainbow for the first time. Why? Because the earth was covered in a mist, like Venus is. All that water came down and sunlight first appeared. It also allowed radiation to reach the surface, and when you look at the chronology you see lifespans start to decrease to what we have today. Noah built his ark at 600, and people 3,000 years ago would see 80 if they were lucky.

It all fits. Jim Irwin, who walked on the moon, dedicated his life searching for the ark. The instructions said to put tar on both sides of the hull, not just the normal one side. Which means it probably has not rotted away. But political issues keeps research away. Go figure. I think it will be found at a time God wants it to be found.

"Where, in the Bible, does it say Noah got kangaroos from Australia?"

Nowhere, of course, because the illiterate goat herders who made up that fantasy had no idea kangaroos even existed. What a silly question.
"Where, in the Bible, does it say Noah got kangaroos from Australia?"

Nowhere, of course, because the illiterate goat herders who made up that fantasy had no idea kangaroos even existed. What a silly question.

it is disingenuous to focus a recusal on what is proven already to be a corrupt document, the parable itself through the spoken religion remains the fundamental religion of that time - The Triumph of Good vs Evil prescribed by the Almighty - irregardless the obvious corruption of all three desert religions by their adherents.
"Good vs evil prescribed by the almighty"

Ah, the common theme. Therefore, spirituality? No, therefore sentience, value of self, desperation, and ignorance.
"Good vs evil prescribed by the almighty"

Ah, the common theme. Therefore, spirituality? No, therefore sentience, value of self, desperation, and ignorance.

in Triumph however you care to refer your goal is the difference between failure and success. wandering forever in diversion is nothing new just try not to become bitter. the christians rely on it being acceptable.

I'm Agnostic, a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God.

It is my opinion (and experience) that "nothing" is too extreme. I would agree that we know (and perhaps can know) only a very small percent of what there is to know about God. And by small, I'm thinking in the one percent range, more or less. Even so, I believe even that much knowledge is worth pursuing.

That's what makes religion the greatest scam of all time, the fact that the subject of the scam will NEVER be proven or disproved.

I'm Agnostic, a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God.

It is my opinion (and experience) that "nothing" is too extreme. I would agree that we know (and perhaps can know) only a very small percent of what there is to know about God. And by small, I'm thinking in the one percent range, more or less. Even so, I believe even that much knowledge is worth pursuing.

That's what makes religion the greatest scam of all time, the fact that the subject of the scam will NEVER be proven or disproved.
Do tell me the motives of the 13 people, 12 of whom were murdered for saying what they believed, the other imprisoned on an island.
Do tell me what is lost when someone says they believe?

Can you answer those two questions?
Without fabricating lies that is.

Among all the floods in human records, none of them can bury a mountain as high as mount Ararat. It says that the 'flood' Noah saw may not be flood at all but a kind of catastrophe unknown to humans.

There is an impact crater on the bottom of the indian ocean that is 25 times larger than meteor crater in Arizona that dates to the approximate time of the many hundred worldwide flood stories. This would have instantly vaporized billions of metric tons of water into the atmosphere, causing a mega tsunami and a worldwide deluge of torrential rain and superstorms that would have lasted weeks and washed away every city near the shore and every inland settlement situated near rivers, streams and even dry washes in the deserts all over the earth.

Water covering the tops of mountains is just a little hyperbole that tries to convey the magnitude of the partial extinction event. In scripture "the mountains of Israel" also refers to the big shots of the community. Therefore, water covering their highest mountain could also indicate that all the well heeled big shots drowned. 10 feet of water would have done the trick, especially among desert dwellers who probably couldn't swim for a minute much less a month.. They really didn't need to exaggerate much.

Another possible explanation is that, God actually asked Noah to keep as many pairs of animals as possible such that they will be repopulated in the future world.
In the bible people are compared to lower beasts from the very first book to the very last.

If Noah took along a few pairs of lowlifes that would explain why there are still so may out there that weren't killed off in the flood.

Kangaroos are irrelevant. No one calls another person a kangaroo in any language , but they did call each other snakes, pigs, dogs, wolves, sheep, goats, rats, vultures, worms, maggots, etc., before the flood and after the flood in every language to this day..

And the book of Revelation says that there will be no sea in the future earth, perhaps that's why God never asked Noah to keep the fishes. The story has prophetic meanings which may be beyond us to understand for the moment.

The prophecy, " and there was no longer any sea" indicates that in the future world people will learn all the truth, nothing will be hidden by the mysterious deep.

This relates to the verse in Genesis that says that before there was light, the earth was without form and void, and darkness covered the face of the deep, meaning that no one knew anything about right or wrong much less the mysteries of life.

In the fullness of time, all will be revealed.
I love how the deniers always try to come up with wild lame reasons for denying Biblical accounts.

The Burckle impact crater would have had no impact (pun?) on the story given.
Don't be silly. It is a rational explanation for the biblical account that satisfies not only the descriptions given but in a way that conforms to and is confirmed by reality.

Why don't you try to explain how water covered the tops of the mountains any other way or how civilizations were completely swept away or how it rained for more than a month by any means other than a large celestial object hitting a large body of water?

Whats so hard to believe that the survivors felt favored by whatever force in the sky was behind such a mind boggling event and used the story, an actual catastrophe, as a basis for a moral teaching that the people who died must have been bad and there was a powerful being up there somewhere that needed to be appeased lest the people incur his wrath and bring upon themselves the destruction of the world again.....

Among all the floods in human records, none of them can bury a mountain as high as mount Ararat. It says that the 'flood' Noah saw may not be flood at all but a kind of catastrophe unknown to humans.

There is an impact crater on the bottom of the indian ocean that is 25 times larger than meteor crater in Arizona that dates to the approximate time of the many hundred worldwide flood stories. This would have instantly vaporized billions of metric tons of water into the atmosphere, causing a mega tsunami and a worldwide deluge of torrential rain and superstorms that would have lasted weeks and washed away every city near the shore and every inland settlement situated near rivers, streams and even dry washes in the deserts all over the earth.

Water covering the tops of mountains is just a little hyperbole that tries to convey the magnitude of the partial extinction event. In scripture "the mountains of Israel" also refers to the big shots of the community. Therefore, water covering their highest mountain could also indicate that all the well heeled big shots drowned. 10 feet of water would have done the trick, especially among desert dwellers who probably couldn't swim for a minute much less a month.. They really didn't need to exaggerate much.

Another possible explanation is that, God actually asked Noah to keep as many pairs of animals as possible such that they will be repopulated in the future world.
In the bible people are compared to lower beasts from the very first book to the very last.

If Noah took along a few pairs of lowlifes that would explain why there are still so may out there that weren't killed off in the flood.

Kangaroos are irrelevant. No one calls another person a kangaroo in any language , but they did call each other snakes, pigs, dogs, wolves, sheep, goats, rats, vultures, worms, maggots, etc., before the flood and after the flood in every language to this day..

And the book of Revelation says that there will be no sea in the future earth, perhaps that's why God never asked Noah to keep the fishes. The story has prophetic meanings which may be beyond us to understand for the moment.

The prophecy, " and there was no longer any sea" indicates that in the future world people will learn all the truth, nothing will be hidden by the mysterious deep.

This relates to the verse in Genesis that says that before there was light, the earth was without form and void, and darkness covered the face of the deep, meaning that no one knew anything about right or wrong much less the mysteries of life.

In the fullness of time, all will be revealed.
I love how the deniers always try to come up with wild lame reasons for denying Biblical accounts.

The Burckle impact crater would have had no impact (pun?) on the story given.
Don't be silly. It is a rational explanation for the biblical account that satisfies not only the descriptions given but in a way that conforms to and is confirmed by reality.

Why don't you try to explain how water covered the tops of the mountains any other way or how civilizations were completely swept away or how it rained for more than a month by any means other than a large celestial object hitting a large body of water?

Whats so hard to believe that the survivors felt favored by whatever force in the sky was behind such a mind boggling event and used the story, an actual catastrophe, as a basis for a moral teaching that the people who died must have been bad and there was a powerful being up there somewhere that needed to be appeased lest the people incur his wrath and bring upon themselves the destruction of the world again.....
Uh, no it does not.
But if it makes you feel better you keep your fantasy going.

Do tell me the motives of the 13 people, 12 of whom were murdered for saying what they believed, the other imprisoned on an island.

I'll give you a hint. It wasn't because God loved the Romans so much.

"I have not come to bring peace but a sword."

"Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them." Jeremiah 25:15

"From his mouth there went a sharp sword with which to smite the nations."

"Take this cup of wine and drink it. This is my blood, the blood of the covenant."

Just art thou in these thy judgments, thou HolyOne who art and wast; for they shed the blood of thy people and of thy prophets and thou hast given them blood to drink."

:wine:

"Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them." Jeremiah 25:15

"Take this cup of wine and drink it. This is my blood, the blood of the covenant."

Just art thou in these thy judgments, thou HolyOne who art and wast; for they shed the blood of thy people and of thy prophets and thou hast given them blood to drink."

And what is your point? To display your ignorance? Success.

My point?

You are inebriated on Jesus juice, a curse under the appearance of a cup of wine.

That was the motive of the disciples. To follow the instructions of Jesus to smite the nations.

"When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them."

My point?

You are inebriated on Jesus juice, a curse under the appearance of a cup of wine.

That was the motive of the disciples. To follow the instructions of Jesus to smite the nations.

"When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them."
You are denser than a diamond.
Easy to hate when you are so ignorant.

It rained 40 days and forty nights. And the fountains of the deep opened up. This is important because these underground fountains actually exist. There are vast resovoirs under the Earths crust. They are under immense pressure. The people of Noah's time had no way of knowing about these fountains. Once released it is theorised that the velocity would exceed the sound barrier, sending the water into low Earth orbit to fall as rain. Some of it even achieved escape velocity and formed comets.
Can you point to a scientific paper or study that backs up this claim? Or is this simply something that was made up?
The guy who wrote it is a scientist.

About Walt Brown: Walt Brown received a Ph.D. in mechanical engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), where he was a National Science Foundation Fellow. He has taught college courses in physics, mathematics, and computer science. Brown is a retired Air Force full colonel, West Point graduate, and former Army Ranger and paratrooper. Assignments during his 21 years of military service included: Director of Benét Laboratories (a major research, development, and engineering facility); tenured associate professor at the U.S. Air Force Academy; and Chief of Science and Technology Studies at the Air War College. For much of his life Walt Brown was an evolutionist, but after years of study, he became convinced of the scientific validity of creation and a global flood. Since retiring from the military, Dr. Brown has been the Director of the Center for Scientific Creation and has worked full time in research, writing, and teaching on creation and the flood.

Religion is a way of life. It is voluntary. Contributions are voluntary. Anytime one wants to stop, they just stop. This in no way fits the definition of "scam". Can scam artists take advantage of people through religion? Yes, they can--just as they can take advantage of things like storms or property to work their con.

Christ's teachings work for me. He is not scamming me. If some of his teachings had fail me in their application, I would have sought another way.

Yes, various interpretations can be applied to almost any scripture story or passage. The interpretations I value most are those that fit the history, culture, and language of the time. Things can be lost in translations; more can be lost in modern day interpretations.

Religion is a way of life. It is voluntary. Contributions are voluntary. Anytime one wants to stop, they just stop. This in no way fits the definition of "scam". Can scam artists take advantage of people through religion? Yes, they can--just as they can take advantage of things like storms or property to work their con.

Christ's teachings work for me. He is not scamming me. If some of his teachings had fail me in their application, I would have sought another way.

Yes, various interpretations can be applied to almost any scripture story or passage. The interpretations I value most are those that fit the history, culture, and language of the time. Things can be lost in translations; more can be lost in modern day interpretations.
These are the same idiots saying you need to pay for their manmade Gorebal warming scam.

My point?

Hate? Don't be silly. I'm just being neighborly. Think of me as someone who was walking down your street and noticed your house was on fire and tried to alert you while you were oblivious to the danger because you were too busy wacking off in a drunken stupor to notice.

Here are the facts. Jesus said he came to bring a sword.

Revelation 19:15 says that the sword both comes out of his mouth and is intended to smite the nations.

Jeremiah 25:15 identifies the sword, sent through the nations, as a curse under the appearance of a cup of wine.

Jesus took a cup of wine,gave it to his disciples and said, "Take this cup of wine and drink it. This is a cup of my blood, the blood of the covenant."

Jesus knew the Romans were going to destroy Israel and said so according to scripture. The authors of scripture witnessed the destruction of Judea, the Temple, their way of life, and the enslavement, exile and slaughter of hundreds of thousands of Jews.

The gospels weren't sent throughout the Roman empire by Jesus through the disciples because God loved the Romans so much.

See what is there.

I will tell you something. Try to hear.

You have been a moron for your entire life because you are under a curse because you thought it was ok that Jesus should suffer and die a horrible death for your sins so that you wouldn't have to account for the stupid things that you say and do..

You love Jesus my ass.

Last edited:
In the Vatican and her Prot children, millions for centuries have seen perfect fulfillment of Rev 17&18 confirming truth of Jesus and NT.
It was a major battle cry of the Reformation which took the world out from under the thumb of the Vatican-Pope. At least for a while.

Along with millions, I see perfect fulfillment of OT prediction Israel would be dispersed and re-gathered.
+ AWAIT the Ezekiel 38-39, Zechariah 12-14, Joel 3, Psalms 83, Isaiah 17 predicted invasion of Israel.
Most on earth today will see [TV + internet] this invasion.

[invaders will be annihilated, btw]

Along with millions for centuries, I see the awesome pro-GodoftheBible impact Jesus had+has on the world.
We see that Jesus perfectly fulfilled OT Messiah prediction [like Isaiah 53].

I AWAIT the Revelation 13 revealed world amazing reappearance of the final "beast". [will be JFK, btw, with Kissinger as his "head cheerleader"]
This will occur after the invasion of Israel. Most living on earth today will see this world amazing reappearance.

Only my contention of specifically JFK and HK is not shared by millions.

Along with millions for centuries, I see life around us is far too complex and organized to have come into being by sheer time and chance.

Preceding are some reasons that along with millions for centuries, I know Jesus Christ is alive with power.

But the above did not cause me to come to believe in Jesus.
I initially came to believe [in Nov 1973] when I finally realized I needed help and asked Him “if you are alive, please help me” And He helped me.

SLINGING SEEDS

My point?

Hate? Don't be silly. I'm just being neighborly. Think of me as someone who was walking down your street and noticed your house was on fire and tried to alert you while you were oblivious to the danger because you were too busy wacking off in a drunken stupor to notice.

Revelation 19:15 says that the sword both comes out of his mouth and is intended to smite the nations.

Jeremiah 25:15 identifies the sword, sent through the nations, as a curse under the appearance of a cup of wine.

Jesus took a cup of wine,gave it to his disciples and said, "Take this cup of wine and drink it. This is a cup of my blood, the blood of the covenant."

Jesus knew the Romans were going to destroy Israel and said so according to scripture. The authors of scripture witnessed the destruction of Judea, the Temple, their way of life, and the enslavement, exile and slaughter of hundreds of thousands of Jews.

The gospels weren't sent throughout the Roman empire by Jesus through the disciples because God loved the Romans so much.

See what is there.

You have been a moron for your entire life because you are under a curse because you thought it was ok that Jesus should suffer and die a horrible death for your sins so that you wouldn't have to account for the stupid things that you say and do..

You love Jesus my ass.
Understandable why you refuse to answer my questions. You find some blather on the internet to cut and paste that you think will justify your hate and present it as fact. You simply display your ignorance. I pity you.

About Walt Brown: Walt Brown received a Ph.D. in mechanical engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), where he was a National Science Foundation Fellow. He has taught college courses in physics, mathematics, and computer science. Brown is a retired Air Force full colonel, West Point graduate, and former Army Ranger and paratrooper. Assignments during his 21 years of military service included: Director of Benét Laboratories (a major research, development, and engineering facility); tenured associate professor at the U.S. Air Force Academy; and Chief of Science and Technology Studies at the Air War College. For much of his life Walt Brown was an evolutionist, but after years of study, he became convinced of the scientific validity of creation and a global flood. Since retiring from the military, Dr. Brown has been the Director of the Center for Scientific Creation and has worked full time in research, writing, and teaching on creation and the flood.
That's not a scientific paper or study, just some creationist guy.

That's not a scientific paper or study, just some creationist guy.
So you toss out what PhD researchers say because they think God did it and only accept anti God views?

My point?

See what is there.

You love Jesus my ass.
Understandable why you refuse to answer my questions. You find some blather on the internet to cut and paste that you think will justify your hate and present it as fact. You simply display your ignorance. I pity you.
Copy and pasted?

Uh,no.

You will not find any other source on the entire internet or from any time over the past 2000 years that shows as irrefutably or as clearly as I have that the sword that Jesus said he came to bring was a curse under the appearance of a cup of wine.

You are an actor and lying fraud. Your madness and obstinate rejection of reality is evidence that only confirms what I have said...

I woke you up to tell you that your house is on fire. You would rather accuse me of hatred and then go back to sleep doing absolutely nothing to save your own soul. Very well then.

I will not pity you.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back