Union Boss salaries- They have a lot in common with the people they represent

Sounds like a huge expansion of government power.
I wonder if it would cause any companies to move away?

You move out, you don't get to sell here, or if you do, you sell at a ridiculously high tariff.

Once again, I know this is hard for you to process, America is the only country that doesn't restrict what CEO's make.

A Japanese or German CEO only makes about 11 times what his line workers make.

I know, I mean, it's absolutely crazy, man, giving the money to the folks who actually did the work. How fucking nuts is that?
What does restrictive trade policies and salaries have to do with each other?
Answer..not a God damned thing.
You have been told on many occasions that with tariffs and trade wars nobody wins.
You people think tariffs and protectionist policies will bring back the days of unionism, smoke billowing factories and whatever else blows up your skirt.
We're past that now. No turning back the clock.

:eusa_whistle:

yes the 1%

Michael J. Sullivan, general president of the Sheet Metal Workers’ International Association
Salary: $1,043,023

Robert A. Scardelletti, international president of the Transportation Communications Union
Salary: $748,531

Newton B. Jones, president of the International Brotherhood of Boilermakers
Salary: $607,022

Terence M. O’Sullivan, general president of the Laborers’ International Union of North America
Salary: $589,124

John T. Niccollai, president of the United Food and Commercial Workers Union, Local 464A
Salary: $532,752

Gerald McEntee, international president of the American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees
Salary: $512,369

Compared to CEO salaries, you mean?

The Pay at the Top - The New York Times

Viacom Philippe P. Dauman $84,000,000

Occidental Petroleum Ray R. Irani $76,000,000

Oracle Lawrence J. Ellison $70.1 million.
No....You people are claiming 99% status. Of course you people keep the target moving so as to carefully keep people who you support within the 99% framework.
Your efforts have been futile.

yes the 1%

Michael J. Sullivan, general president of the Sheet Metal Workers’ International Association

Robert A. Scardelletti, international president of the Transportation Communications Union

Terence M. O’Sullivan, general president of the Laborers’ International Union of North America

John T. Niccollai, president of the United Food and Commercial Workers Union, Local 464A

Gerald McEntee, international president of the American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees

Compared to CEO salaries, you mean?

The Pay at the Top - The New York Times

Viacom Philippe P. Dauman $84,000,000

Occidental Petroleum Ray R. Irani $76,000,000

Oracle Lawrence J. Ellison $70.1 million.

That's funny, because the employees are paid by the buisness owner and can leave when they want, but with unions, you have to give money to the bosses. Viasom, isnt that an entertainment vehicle, I'm sure some of his employees are making pretty good money.

Funny how alot of that wealth is through those risky stocks that you dont want to invest in.

And lets see how poor those employees are:
Oracle 2010 salary survey
Hey I'd be happy to have a job at Oracle or with an Oracle certification.

Horseshit. They get the big ticket salaries when their companies Lose money.

Not even a nice try, to compare six figure salaries of union bosses to 8 figure salaries of CEO's.

Again, in Japan, the UK, Germany, this sort of insanity doesn't happen.

:lol:

Actually, you're wrong... again. I presume you're getting used to that by now.

No, actually, I'm not.

I work for a UK company, our CEO only gets high six figures.

CEO Compensation: US and other countries

Ratio of CEO Pay to Average Worker by Country | Creativeconflictwisdom's Blog

In Japan, the average CEO makes 11 times what a line worker makes, in Germany it's 12 to 1 and in the United Kingdom it's 22 to 1.

The United States? 475 to 1.

And incidently, it hasn't always been this way. In 1980, CEO compensation was only 44 times what line workers make.
So?...Stop bitching.

You move out, you don't get to sell here, or if you do, you sell at a ridiculously high tariff.

Once again, I know this is hard for you to process, America is the only country that doesn't restrict what CEO's make.

I know, I mean, it's absolutely crazy, man, giving the money to the folks who actually did the work. How fucking nuts is that?

Japan and Germany do not restrict what CEOs make.

Japan and Germany do not restrict what CEOs make.

He's a liar?
Now that is shocking!

I'll tell ya what, I dont believe the 11 to ratio, but IF you can get Hollywood to sign on for it and a movie ticket does not go up in price,or if you get the American Bar Association I'll consider it.
BUT I really dont think Hollywood stars and lawyers that hate rich people, want to give up being rich, just call it a hunch, Liberals first!

yes the 1%

xkvqjdjpg.gif

yes the 1%

I keep asking the gung ho unions are to worshiped people if in their lives they had ever seen a poor or even middle class union boss.
They never acknowledge the question. Because if they do acknowledge it, they are fucked.

The question is immaterial but it relates to nothing important in condemning unions, but it does reflect the ridiculousness of CEO compensation.

yes the 1%

I keep asking the gung ho unions are to worshiped people if in their lives they had ever seen a poor or even middle class union boss.
They never acknowledge the question. Because if they do acknowledge it, they are fucked.

No, as I said earlier, comparing six figure salaries for union bosses compared to 8 figure salaries for CEO's, I'd much rather have the union guys get six figures if that means I get upper five figures intead of lower five figures.

I am always amused how conservatives vilify unions.

Let's be honest what happened here. Once upon a time, most private sector jobs were unionized or enjoyed good benefits because their employers didn't want them to join a union, start a union or go looking for a union job. The Wealthy paid a healthy share of the taxes, as they should. There were tariffs in place that protected our industries (vital to our national defense and economy) from unfair foreign competition. You had a vibrant middle class, Mom could stay home with the kids while Dad worked, people could enjoy vacations.

Then these idiots went along with the Plutocrats' oky-dokes.

"Give up your unions, and your right to collectively bargain. We’ll recognize you for your hard work and merit. We’ll use nice sounding terms like ‘right to work’ and ‘At Will employment’ to describe this."

"Dooooooy, Oky-doke!" said the middle class.

So they find themselves working harder for less money, and eventually get put out on the street at 50 because the company can always find someone younger who'll work cheaper.

“Give up your Union Medical Plans, and go with these company Medical Plans instead!”

“Dooooy, Oky-doke”

They find themselves paying more every year for plans that cover less and less. HMO stands for Horrible Medical Options. And if they got too sick, they found they were usually the first to be let go during a downsizing.

"Give up your pensions, we'll let you get in on the Wall Street fun with something called a 401K. Then you can borrow against the value of a home you already paid off! Trust us!"

"Dooooy, Oky-Doke"

Now they find themselves with a busted 401K, an underwater mortgage in foreclosure AND no hope of ever actually retiring. Meanwhile the fat cats on Wall Street and the banks got a government bailout they paid for, and paid themselves bonuses out of it.

"Hey, hey, you know, we can get more business opportunities if we sign this free trade bill with third world rat-holes that don't have the safety, environmental and work rules we have."

"Doooooy, Oky-Doke"

And they act all surprise when the manufacturing jobs go to China, and the Customer Service jobs go to India, and when their POS Chinese made computer breaks down, they can call to Pradip… er, “Bobby” about how to fix it, but he doesn't understand English.

"Hey, let's give tax cuts to rich people!"

"Doooy, Oky-Doke!"

Oh, that means we increase taxes on working people. SUCKERS!!!

And of course, if someone might actually figure out that they’ve been had, we can distract them by talking about gay marriage, abortion, guns or some other issue that gets their blood boiling for no good reason.

The ironic thing is that the GOP has engaged in this obscene transfer of wealth, but instead of being angry at the people who perpetrated it, we are angry at the people in the unions who DIDN'T FALL FOR IT.

In short, someone burns down your house, and instead of wanting to punish the arsonist, you want them to burn down your neighbor's house instead.

"DOOOOOY, Oky-doke"

yes the 1%

Indeed, a good question
Only the extreme left/ concerned trolls would think the question not relevant
because it goes against their template of pushing a "class envy".

Just like their policies, it is a failure. Just like Papa Obama's attack on Bain
it is not working. The US has real problems and pushing the extreme left's attempts at "class envy" is rejected by most Americans.

------------------------------------
Here boy

Indeed, a good question

Just like their policies, it is a failure. Just like Papa Obama's attack on Bain
it is not working. The US has real problems and pushing the extreme left's attempts at "class envy" is rejected by most Americans.

It's not an issue of "class envy", it's an issue of what's fair and reasonable.

When I pay for a good or service, I think the majority of the money I paid for that should go to the person who provided the good or service, not to the person who invested in it or the person who oversaw it or someone who gambled on that company on wall street that week.

The only thing unions do, at their base, is make sure that people get a fair share for hard work... which used to be a principle the REpublican Party believed in until it fell asleep next to a bag of money left by the Koch Brothers.

Indeed, a good question Only the extreme left/ concerned trolls would think the question not relevant because it goes against their template of pushing a "class envy".

My stalker squeaker appears. Good Neo! The 'class evny' is being pushed by the uber-corporatists and the neo-libertarians who wish to make a fortune without regard for the social compact.

There is 'class warfare' at all. The rich won a long time ago.

The middle and poor classes are simply trying to survive.

Indeed, a good question

When I pay for a good or service, I think the majority of the money I paid for that should go to the person who provided the good or service, not to the person who invested in it or the person who oversaw it or someone who gambled on that company on wall street that week.

The only thing unions do, at their base, is make sure that people get a fair share for hard work... which used to be a principle the REpublican Party believed in until it fell asleep next to a bag of money left by the Koch Brothers.

Sure it is

The unions actually have to keep the labour supply constrained to keep the wages high
and form anti free market contracts/restrictions.

Really, with everything, crony capitalism is bad for everyone in the long run.
I am all for getting both sides out of crony capitalism. No matter how much
the Left/ concerned trolls loves to push it
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Here boy

Last edited:
Indeed, a good question

Sure it is

The unions actually have to keep the labour supply constrained to keep the wages high

Again, horseshit.

We enjoyed a far better standard of living- even non-union guys- when unions were bigger and more powerful.

Wages for working people have remained flat when adjusted for inflation since 1980. Wages for CEO's have increased 600 percent in the same time period.

The only greed is on those who run the companies, not those doing the actual work.

Sure it is

Again, horseshit.

We enjoyed a far better standard of living- even non-union guys- when unions were bigger and more powerful.

Wages for working people have remained flat when adjusted for inflation since 1980. Wages for CEO's have increased 600 percent in the same time period.

The only greed is on those who run the companies, not those doing the actual work.

Not really- Econ 101

Apples to Oranges
When it comes to unions and corporations
the left loves to live in the past.

Sorry, it is not going to happen...
Unless we have another "world war", where is the US is left as the remaining
productive super power, the US will never reach that point again under our current system
of crony capitalism.

If however, the US was to adopt a more free market approach
and drop the crony capitalism, wages would lift for all, in the long run.
------------------------------

Here boy....

Last edited:
Not really- Econ 101

Apples to Oranges

productive super power, the US will never reach that point again under our current system
of crony capitalism.

and drop the crony capitalism, wages would lift for all.

I get a little bored listening to economic lectures from teh people who've brought us three recessions in the last 20 years.

We did everything you guys said on trade, unions, regulations, taxes, and we are now thoroughly and completely screwed. I don't think we should put you guys behind the wheel again until you get off the sauce and learn to drive sober.

Not really- Econ 101

Apples to Oranges

of crony capitalism.

and drop the crony capitalism, wages would lift for all.

I get a little bored listening to economic lectures from teh people who've brought us three recessions in the last 20 years.

We did everything you guys said on trade, unions, regulations, taxes, and we are now thoroughly and completely screwed. I don't think we should put you guys behind the wheel again until you get off the sauce and learn to drive sober.

Attention deficit
Perhaps, if you paid better attention in school
you would not be at such a non-informed level
:eusa_angel:

Did everything, sure you did
What were those things that took us from crony capitalism
to a free market in the last 20 years?

No of course not, it is too late for us to drive
now that Papa Obama has driven us over the cliff
-------------------------------------------------------------

Here boy