Universal Healthcare - will not work in the US

premiums go up when

government, not free markets, controls the cost....

The only stealing being done in this country is

LOL!!!

That's like listening to Hillary about honesty....
A free market includes transparency and competition which had nothing to do with the old GOP scam system. And we need more of it. Hillary is honest until she is found guilty of something, brainwashed functional moron. Everything you know is a lie, try a real news someday....and spare me the conspiracy theories and garbage misinformation.

Arab countries don't have alcoholics or drug abusers. Since both are prohibited and punishable by death.
More modern Arab countries like turkey and Morocco do. Dictatorships like Saudi Arabia not so much... GOP just loves them.
KSA is awful but even there families stay together and there is no drug or alcohol abuse. One of the few positives.
I don't see that as necessarily a positive. May change some now that women can drive and go out in public LOL.
How will it change when drug use and drinking is against the law?
When they get a democracy and freedom, drinking won't be against the law and drug abuse will not be a death penalty. Fundamentalists in charge of government is a catastrophe. Any fundamentalists....
When or If? Remember there is no separation of church and state in any mostly Muslim country. Sharia Law says divorce (maybe not), intoxication, homosexuality and drug abuse are punishable by death. As is apostasy. Fun place....

But that keeps families together and there is no intoxication or drug abuse.

A free market includes transparency and competition

Excellent, so our health care solution is to

100% ban GOVERNMENT from HEALTH CARE and make it completely a private sector industry.

YEAH!!!

Now, let's do that all across the board, starting with education, and really make America GREAT.

The smaller the government, the greater is AMERICA!!!

More modern Arab countries like turkey and Morocco do. Dictatorships like Saudi Arabia not so much... GOP just loves them.
KSA is awful but even there families stay together and there is no drug or alcohol abuse. One of the few positives.
I don't see that as necessarily a positive. May change some now that women can drive and go out in public LOL.
When they get a democracy and freedom, drinking won't be against the law and drug abuse will not be a death penalty. Fundamentalists in charge of government is a catastrophe. Any fundamentalists....
When or If? Remember there is no separation of church and state in any mostly Muslim country. Sharia Law says divorce (maybe not), intoxication, homosexuality and drug abuse are punishable by death. As is apostasy. Fun place....

Turkey is very proud of being a secular country. So is Morocco and Tunisia. The more democratic they are, more secular they are. They are coming along and out of third world status very quickly. Despite the GOP. You would make a good fundamentalist Nazi LOL.

1. Too many people are ingrained with private insurance.
  2. Education is not free. Becoming a doctor is expensive, they want to get paid and pay off potential student loans. Working for the Gov't does not do that.
  3. Private pay provides better care. Even in Europe, the wealthy go that route.
  4. Most logical people (on both sides of the aisle) agree with #1 and #2 and #3.
Candidates Who Attacked Warren Over 'Medicare For All' Draw Massive Fundraising Boost

Bullshit:

1. Private insurance has lied to the American people for generations. It has lead to a 33% administration cost to American consumers. Once Americans learn about "hassle free healthcare" - with no copays, no pre-approvals, and no paperwork, they'll love it as much as the rest of the world does. Everything that Americans fear about publically funded healthcare, is a lie.

2. Doctors won't have to deal with insurance companies, either for pre-approvals or payment. They can spend more time with patients. Instead of having to bill 1000 different insurance companies, and having to hire a third party billing and collections company to do his paperwork, his receptionist can handle all of that. The doctor sends out one bill a month and the cheques come like clockwork. As a doctor who has practiced in both countries said, "I made more money in the USA, but I kept more of what I made in Canada. Doctors still make a tremendous amount of money.

3. You can still buy private or semi-private rooms, and full time private nursing, if you can afford it. The wealthy still get better care. My very wealthy friend's family hired 24 hour round the clock nurses when their father was in hospice, and kept him at home, where he died peacefully. No one is concerned about what the wealthy do - they'll always be able to get care. We care about the 99% of people who aren't wealthy and can't otherwise afford care.

4. Every other first world nation in the world manages to do this. What you're saying is that Americans are too stupid to see the sanity and cost savings in single payer. I happen to think Americans are smarter that you do.

1) You are simply misinformed. The wait times are a real issue and would be exponentially worse in the US, particularly if the Democrats continue to decide to provide healthcare to whoever decides to walk across our border. That is pure idiocy.

2) Doctors don't worry about the administrative cost anyway unless they work for themselves, which is the minority. Doctors will not keep more of what they make because, on top of getting rid of private healthcare, they also want to raise taxes on the wealthy. Guess who falls into that category.

3) Do you think it is fair that those who pay into healthcare via tax don't deserve to get more out of it in terms of frills(private rooms, etc? It is ok with you for a person who has not paid much if any into the system gets the same luxuries as a person who makes 500k/yr? Forget the quality of care, I am ok with all having the same, but the frills should be reserved for those that paid for them. I have a serious problem with paying a large portion of my taxes towards healthcare and sharing my room with, for example, an illegal immigrant(or a US citizen) who has paid none or MUCH less. I should be in a private room with a TV and they should be sharing a room with no frills. The same care, no-frills for those who haven't paid.

4) America has the best healthcare in the world in terms of quality. Don't buy into the hype about other countries. That is a huge load of crap. There is a reason the US is at the forefront of medical and pharmaceutical innovations and it has everything to do with Capitalism and competition. This will be severaly hampered by single payer.

Turkey is very proud of being a secular country. So is Morocco and Tunisia. The more democratic they are, more secular they are. They are coming along and out of third world status very quickly. Despite the GOP. You would make a good fundamentalist Nazi LOL.

Actually, that's not true. Taking it in the ass is illegal in Tunisia and Morocco. Homos in those countries have to go to Spain or Italy for sodomitic action.

A free market includes transparency and competition

Excellent, so our health care solution is to

100% ban GOVERNMENT from HEALTH CARE and make it completely a private sector industry.

YEAH!!!

Now, let's do that all across the board, starting with education, and really make America GREAT.

The smaller the government, the greater is AMERICA!!!
The total secrecy no competition no government regulation Health non-system was what we had until Obamacare and it was a total disgrace. Too bad you don't get any of the actual news, super duper, just garbage propaganda from the greedy idiot GOP rich. You are outvoted 50 to 1. Absolute idiocy. Letting business and industry run wild only works in dupe world.

Actually, that's not true. Taking it in the ass is illegal in Tunisia and Morocco. Homos in those countries have to go to Spain or Italy for sodomitic action.
Yikes. United States is a secular country and we outlawed that and still do in many ways and places.

Yikes. United States is a secular country and we outlawed that and still do in many ways and places.

Not true, Franco. The Lawrence decision of the Supreme Court recognizes Butt Sex as a constitutional right.

Not true, Franco. The Lawrence decision of the Supreme Court recognizes Butt Sex as a constitutional right.
It is still legal to discriminate against gays in employment and housing many places. Homosexuality used to be illegal just as I said.

It is still legal to discriminate against gays in employment and housing many places. Homosexuality used to be illegal just as I said.

As well it should be, BTW.

If an employer is interviewing someone for a job, they want to know how good the applicant is at sweeping the floor or pumping gas. Someone sharing the fact with a prospective employer that they like to take it in the caboose is TMI, too much information, and is disqualifying. Unless a prospective employee tells the employer that they are partial to Sodomy, the employer would never know and couldn't discriminate.

Turkey is a dictatorship and Neither Morocco not Tunisia treat women as equals.

2. Education is not free. Becoming a doctor is expensive, they want to get paid and pay off potential student loans. Working for the Gov't does not do that.
  4. Most logical people (on both sides of the aisle) agree with #1 and #2 and #3.
Candidates Who Attacked Warren Over 'Medicare For All' Draw Massive Fundraising Boost

Bullshit:

1. Private insurance has lied to the American people for generations. It has lead to a 33% administration cost to American consumers. Once Americans learn about "hassle free healthcare" - with no copays, no pre-approvals, and no paperwork, they'll love it as much as the rest of the world does. Everything that Americans fear about publically funded healthcare, is a lie.

2. Doctors won't have to deal with insurance companies, either for pre-approvals or payment. They can spend more time with patients. Instead of having to bill 1000 different insurance companies, and having to hire a third party billing and collections company to do his paperwork, his receptionist can handle all of that. The doctor sends out one bill a month and the cheques come like clockwork. As a doctor who has practiced in both countries said, "I made more money in the USA, but I kept more of what I made in Canada. Doctors still make a tremendous amount of money.

3. You can still buy private or semi-private rooms, and full time private nursing, if you can afford it. The wealthy still get better care. My very wealthy friend's family hired 24 hour round the clock nurses when their father was in hospice, and kept him at home, where he died peacefully. No one is concerned about what the wealthy do - they'll always be able to get care. We care about the 99% of people who aren't wealthy and can't otherwise afford care.

4. Every other first world nation in the world manages to do this. What you're saying is that Americans are too stupid to see the sanity and cost savings in single payer. I happen to think Americans are smarter that you do.

1) You are simply misinformed. The wait times are a real issue and would be exponentially worse in the US, particularly if the Democrats continue to decide to provide healthcare to whoever decides to walk across our border. That is pure idiocy.

2) Doctors don't worry about the administrative cost anyway unless they work for themselves, which is the minority. Doctors will not keep more of what they make because, on top of getting rid of private healthcare, they also want to raise taxes on the wealthy. Guess who falls into that category.

3) Do you think it is fair that those who pay into healthcare via tax don't deserve to get more out of it in terms of frills(private rooms, etc? It is ok with you for a person who has not paid much if any into the system gets the same luxuries as a person who makes 500k/yr? Forget the quality of care, I am ok with all having the same, but the frills should be reserved for those that paid for them. I have a serious problem with paying a large portion of my taxes towards healthcare and sharing my room with, for example, an illegal immigrant(or a US citizen) who has paid none or MUCH less. I should be in a private room with a TV and they should be sharing a room with no frills. The same care, no-frills for those who haven't paid.

4) America has the best healthcare in the world in terms of quality. Don't buy into the hype about other countries. That is a huge load of crap. There is a reason the US is at the forefront of medical and pharmaceutical innovations and it has everything to do with Capitalism and competition. This will be severaly hampered by single payer.

Yes, there are waiting lists and they are on a triage basis. My friend and I both need knee replacement surgery. I started the process 6 months ago, and I'm on the waiting list for surgery. I can walk unassisted, and my pain is easily managed. My friend started the process 1 month ago, and is getting her surgery date this week. She can't walk without a walker, and is on opiods for the pain. She isn't on any waiting list.

There are frills for those who pay for them. Rich people in Canada have a much higher level of service available to them. Private and semi-private rooms are an additional charge, unless medically mandated. When my daughter was born, I had supplemental health insurance which paid for a semi-private room. OHIP pays for a ward, only. TV's are extra - for everyone, unless you're ambulatory and can go to the common room. There's also a charge for WIFI, although you can generally sweet talk some staff into giving you the password.

America does NOT have anywhere close to the best healthcare in the world. I'm not buying into the hype from other countries, I'm living the hype in other countries. If you have the best healthcare in the world, why is your life expectancy declining while all of the countries with government funded universal health care are seeing our life expectancy increasing?

Bullshit:

Yes, there are waiting lists and they are on a triage basis. My friend and I both need knee replacement surgery. I started the process 6 months ago, and I'm on the waiting list for surgery. I can walk unassisted, and my pain is easily managed. My friend started the process 1 month ago, and is getting her surgery date this week. She can't walk without a walker, and is on opiods for the pain. She isn't on any waiting list.

There are frills for those who pay for them. Rich people in Canada have a much higher level of service available to them. Private and semi-private rooms are an additional charge, unless medically mandated. When my daughter was born, I had supplemental health insurance which paid for a semi-private room. OHIP pays for a ward, only. TV's are extra - for everyone, unless you're ambulatory and can go to the common room. There's also a charge for WIFI, although you can generally sweet talk some staff into giving you the password.

America does NOT have anywhere close to the best healthcare in the world. I'm not buying into the hype from other countries, I'm living the hype in other countries. If you have the best healthcare in the world, why is your life expectancy declining while all of the countries with government funded universal health care are seeing our life expectancy increasing?
Personal responsibility dictates life expectancy not some some fucked up socialist entitlement program. Lol

Healthcare isn't the only factor in determining life expectancy. Remember, America has a large number of violent gangs, often whacking people at young ages. Averaging in people who died at 19 or 22 at the hands of MS13, really knocks down the average. I have a lot of relatives in their 90's here in America. But they don't deal with cripz and bloodz.

Bullshit:

Just how do they triage old(er) people?

YOu didn't answer the question. Why should a person who pays FAR more in taxes not get an extra benefit?

Life expectancy has a lot to do with diet and lifestyle. Americans clearly don't have the best diets and tend to be fairly lazy overall. It is not the fault of the healthcare system. If you are deathly ill, you better hope you are in an American hospital vs most around the world.

Bullshit:

You also have dementia. I have Answered you several times. Our life expectancy is lower because we are the fattest country, drive the most and there are those pesky opioids.

Bullshit:

Just how do they triage old(er) people?

YOu didn't answer the question. Why should a person who pays FAR more in taxes not get an extra benefit?

Life expectancy has a lot to do with diet and lifestyle. Americans clearly don't have the best diets and tend to be fairly lazy overall. It is not the fault of the healthcare system. If you are deathly ill, you better hope you are in an American hospital vs most around the world.
We also drove the most. Take auto accidents out of the mix and see what you got and yes we are far as hell. Fast food all around.

Bullshit:

Personal responsibility dictates life expectancy not some some fucked up socialist entitlement program. Lol

Well then I guess those of us who live in countries with government funded healthcare aren't nearly the apathetic socialist parasites that you claim all socialists are by nature. Not only are we doing healthcare BETTER than the USA, but we're doing it cheaper - much, much cheaper - just over half the cost of American healthcare. And by "we", I'm talking about the entire first world. 35 first world countries have better, cheaper healthcare. And that's universal health care.

You're prepared to pay twice as much as the rest of the world in perpetuity, just to ensure someone who didn't pay into the system, never gets free treatment. Picking up the peanuts while being trampled by the elephants is a way of life for Republicans.

those of us who live in countries with government funded healthcare

and WHICH COUNTRY would that be, foreigner???

35 first world countries have better, cheaper healthcare. And that's universal health care.

LOL!!!

And those who really need actual medical care.... come here to get it.... from all over the "first world..."

LOL!!!!

So let's get this straight.... YOU live in a foreign country, but spend your time in that foreign country advocating SOCIALIZING HEALTH CARE in the US....

because????

Yeah, you are a fucking liar....

Forum List

Back