University of NC won't remove Confederate statue

"Despite what you might have seen in movies, the American West was settled by a large portion of freed slaves. In the 1870s and 1880s, as many as 25 percent of the 35,000 cowboys in the Old West were black cowboys."

"In 1875, Bass Reeves became a U.S. Marshal overseeing the vast expanse of Oklahoma Territory before it became a state. His job was a tough one. Of the 200 marshals killed in the line of duty, 130 met their untimely ends in Oklahoma.

"That didn’t deter the former slave from Arkansas. He was an expert marksman with the rifle and pistol, attributed to his time fighting in Oklahoma Territory during the Civil War.

"Reeves served as a U.S. Marshal for 27 years and is widely regarded as the first true lawman of the Wild West."

"Bob Lemmons grew up a slave before moving to West Texas. This territory contained huge herds of wild mustangs, which were valuable commodities to ranchers settling the Wild West.

"His unique approach started with earning the trust of the herd. He did this by working alone rather than in a group, because a large group of men would spook the herd.

"Lemmons infiltrated the herd of wild mustangs and then broke the lead horse. The rest of the horses would follow the leader to back to his ranch. Lemmons’ lucrative work allowed him to earn enough money to buy his own ranch and built up large herds of horses and cattle. He died in 1947 at the age of 99."

The Forgotten Black Cowboys Of The Wild West

Though racist leftists don't like to give minorities any credit for their contributions to the culture and society and culture of the Western US, those of us who actually live here have always respected them.

Racist dumbshits like to marginalize the minorities who are an intrinsic part of Western culture...because they think minorities are irrelevant...and they believe it's okay to marginalize them if it helps them push their racist world vision.

^^ Klustergrl obsessed with trying to derail the thread onto "cowboys" and "the West".
Understandable seeing as how the original thread premise went down in flames.
When people say stupid, untrue shit, I like to set them straight.

In order to stop the false narrative. Racists should keep their stupid mouths shut when it comes to shit they don't understand.

"Despite what you might have seen in movies, the American West was settled by a large portion of freed slaves. In the 1870s and 1880s, as many as 25 percent of the 35,000 cowboys in the Old West were black cowboys."

"In 1875, Bass Reeves became a U.S. Marshal overseeing the vast expanse of Oklahoma Territory before it became a state. His job was a tough one. Of the 200 marshals killed in the line of duty, 130 met their untimely ends in Oklahoma.

"That didn’t deter the former slave from Arkansas. He was an expert marksman with the rifle and pistol, attributed to his time fighting in Oklahoma Territory during the Civil War.

"Reeves served as a U.S. Marshal for 27 years and is widely regarded as the first true lawman of the Wild West."

"Bob Lemmons grew up a slave before moving to West Texas. This territory contained huge herds of wild mustangs, which were valuable commodities to ranchers settling the Wild West.

"His unique approach started with earning the trust of the herd. He did this by working alone rather than in a group, because a large group of men would spook the herd.

"Lemmons infiltrated the herd of wild mustangs and then broke the lead horse. The rest of the horses would follow the leader to back to his ranch. Lemmons’ lucrative work allowed him to earn enough money to buy his own ranch and built up large herds of horses and cattle. He died in 1947 at the age of 99."

The Forgotten Black Cowboys Of The Wild West

Though racist leftists don't like to give minorities any credit for their contributions to the culture and society and culture of the Western US, those of us who actually live here have always respected them.

:lmao:

"B- but... but ... cowboys! :B- but... but "the West!" B-but ... but horses!! Forget the UDC and the Lost Cause and the propaganda transmitters and the Klan and the race riots, look at these HORSES!!"

Pogo's Law is raking it in here. Gonna need an armored truck to carry all these royalties.

In a way, the left's denial of minority presence in the culture of the west is another form of statue elimination.
OK...enough of the bullshit

Show where the left ever claimed blacks were not cowboys. It has been common knowledge for years

Look Allie

Some blacks even became Sheriff of Rock Ridge

4849720efe3902bfaf8dd11af9d0e476.jpg

Silent Sam represents students of UNC that served in the confederate army
Even more reason to tear it down.

AH yes, from Indiana no less. The land established, not to be free of slavery, but to be free from ALL BLACK PEOPLE. Indiana, then, and now, one of the most racist states in the Union. Home of a white supremacist militia TODAY. Thanks for proving my point so eloquently. No need to worry about your own home's racist past AND PRESENT when you can divert everyone's attention to the racist past of another region of the country.
They are literally the most racist people on the planet.

Likewise the people who pretend that rural Americans are *ignorant* are typically PAINFULLY ignorant themselves.

Actually I'm the rural American who posted that entire Lost Cause history. I'm as rural as it gets. My neighbors are deer and black bear.

So again another wackball theory hit out of the park. You hang 'em, I'll bang 'em.

It's worth noting that the poster you just quoted just tried to hang "ignorant" and "racist" on a poster's name based on the name of a state. And that "Winston" is a city.

I know Winston. I go through there a lot. I have my breakfast there on the way to point east. Perhaps the poster would join me next time for a meal and get hisself a edumacation. But I doubt he has the ballage.

Salem is way cooler though.

It's also worth noting that you just tried to level an accusation of people using a broad generalization fallacy ----- by using a broad generalization fallacy. But you're probably too dense to see that. Aren't you.

I noticed where you live. North Carolina. Get the fawk out. You do not deserve to live in MY state. You do not deserve to live in the state that gave the most to the confederacy, in both blood and resources. I mean how could you live in the state that gave the most to defend the institution of slavery? I am pretty sure you were not born and bred here where my family has lived since well before the American Revolution.

And Winston Salem? Seriously, Forsyth County? You mean where the individual ownership of slaves was PROHIBITED BY LAW? You mean that place? You want to meet me there and discuss history? What a joke.

The whole narrative that the Civil War was about slavery and nothing else, or that it was mostly about slavery, and ignoring the rest, is the real historical revisionism. Nothing, not a damn thing, about the "Lost Cause" movement was false. Even the part about some slaves being well treated. What happened to forty acres and a mule? Do you even know what I am referencing? And if you do, do you know that one famous black person claimed that blacks were better off under slavery than under the thumb of those damn yankee carpet baggers. The carpet baggers that more than doubled the property tax collected from North Carolina citizens after destroying the property value through a war replete with atrocities against citizens and property. Hell it was not that long ago that the descendant of some damn yankee looter attempted to sell North Carolina's copy of the constitution, stolen during the occupation. We got it back, he didn't get a red cent, and he was lucky his ass wasn't locked up.

Honestly, your narrative is insulting. Instead of talking about the civil war let's talk about what happened afterwards. When the war ended blacks owned damn near all the land east of present day I-95 from the northern South Carolina line into Florida, including Hilton Head Island. Before we start tearing down confederate monuments why don't we return all that land to the descendants of those previous owners? And your narrative rings kind of hollow when contrasted with the fact that, in 1920 925,000 blacks owned their own farm while today you might be lucky to come up with 15,000, But that is a yankee for you, or perhaps you are a scalawag. Cry about confederate monuments out of one side of your mouth while swindling land from the black people you pretend to support.

AH yes, from Indiana no less. The land established, not to be free of slavery, but to be free from ALL BLACK PEOPLE. Indiana, then, and now, one of the most racist states in the Union. Home of a white supremacist militia TODAY. Thanks for proving my point so eloquently. No need to worry about your own home's racist past AND PRESENT when you can divert everyone's attention to the racist past of another region of the country.

Likewise the people who pretend that rural Americans are *ignorant* are typically PAINFULLY ignorant themselves.

Actually I'm the rural American who posted that entire Lost Cause history. I'm as rural as it gets. My neighbors are deer and black bear.

So again another wackball theory hit out of the park. You hang 'em, I'll bang 'em.

It's worth noting that the poster you just quoted just tried to hang "ignorant" and "racist" on a poster's name based on the name of a state. And that "Winston" is a city.

I know Winston. I go through there a lot. I have my breakfast there on the way to point east. Perhaps the poster would join me next time for a meal and get hisself a edumacation. But I doubt he has the ballage.

It's also worth noting that you just tried to level an accusation of people using a broad generalization fallacy ----- by using a broad generalization fallacy. But you're probably too dense to see that. Aren't you.

I noticed where you live. North Carolina. Get the fawk out. You do not deserve to live in MY state.

Umm.... YOUR state?

Chuck you Farley. :fu:

And Winston Salem? Seriously, Forsyth County? You mean where the individual ownership of slaves was PROHIBITED BY LAW? You mean that place? You want to meet me there and discuss history? What a joke.

As I predicted --- you don't have the ballage.

Instead of talking about the civil war let's talk about what happened afterwards.

QED. Can't handle it. Hey, let's talk about black cowboys in the West. Or cement mixers. Or the average speed of a swallow. Because the actual topic, you can't handle.

"Your" state. Holy SHIT. :laugh2:

Just as a side note my ancestors have been here since the 17th century. One of these counties literally has my name on it. So bite me.

Last edited:
In a way, the left's denial of minority presence in the culture of the west is another form of statue elimination.
OK...enough of the bullshit

Show where the left ever claimed blacks were not cowboys. It has been common knowledge for years

This is how I know you're a bode sock.

I never said that. So shut the fuck up, you racist sock.

Such a tirade about black cowboys
Nobody ever denied

Off your meds today?

I noticed where you live. North Carolina. Get the fawk out. You do not deserve to live in MY state.

Umm.... YOUR state?

Chuck you Farley. :fu:

As I predicted --- you don't have the ballage.

Instead of talking about the civil war let's talk about what happened afterwards.

QED. Can't handle it. Hey, let's talk about black cowboys in the West. Or cement mixers. Or the average speed of a swallow. Because the actual topic, you can't handle.

"Your" state. Holy SHIT. :laugh2:

Just as a side note my ancestors have been here since the 17th century. One of these counties literally has my name on it. So bite me.

Just as a side note my ancestors have been here since the 17th century. One of these counties literally has my name on it. So bite me

Then why insult them with this bullshit revisionistic crap that the Civil War was all about maintaining slavery? Why dishonor their service in the Confederacy by demanding the removal of statues? Why in the hell would you stand for this yankee superiority bullshit? Why would you allow them to hide their own racist past behind the transgressions of the South? I got a damn good idea who that ancestor was and he served in the North Carolina militia, the same militia that became the North Carolina 26th infantry regiment. Hell, if it is who I think it is he died just a few miles away from where the Hibriten Guard mustered. You absolute insult their legacy and should be hanging your head in shame.

What does any of that have to do with anything, freak?

I’m not whining, you are.
Of course you are. You are whining that statues of genocidal traitors are rightfully being taken down.

And what kind of fool thinks that anyone is only thinking about this, and nothing else? That don't make no sense, Ricky Bobby.

I’m not whining, you are.
Of course you are. You are whining that statues of genocidal traitors are rightfully being taken down.

And what kind of fool thinks that anyone is only thinking about this, and nothing else? That don't make no sense, Ricky Bobby.
I’m not whining about anything.who gives a shit about a statue other than whiney little people like you. It’s a statue no big deal. There are bigger issues that concern us as a society that require much more thought and rational that the revisionists are capable of. “ that don’t make no sense” ? Get an education and stop whining about ignorant crap that doesn’t matter. Your ilk are hilarious you moan about this, but you don’t try to help anyone in the inner city to pull themselves out,you don’t try to teach responsibility. You only want to cry about how you have been treated badly. Life’s a bitch, stone up and make something of yourself and tell the miserable lowlifes that only want to place blame on someone else to stand up and be a responsible member of society. Statues are not the issue ignorant victimhood is.

UNC won’t act on statue of Confederate soldier target of repeated vandalism

Get ready for a snowflake meltdown and more violence,vandalism etc....

Thank god, one place with a little common sense. A nondescript historical statue from a time in our history and now a bunch of idiot fools throwing blood and vandalism at it. Ah, yes, higher education! Just when and what causes kids to become raving idiots between high-school and college? They should simply round these people up, put a cattle captive bolt to their heads and end their suffering. Grind them up for dog food.

Forum List

Back