Unpatriotic Dems In Virginia Erases Confederate Holiday

Pay attention simpleton, the atrocities that they inflicted on other human beings were the same. The atrocities that Southerners inflicted on slaves was no different than the atrocities the Nazis inflicted on the Jewish people.

So just like Nazis should never be honored neither should Confederates.

Slavery is not genocide. There is a reason they are different words.

Your position is delusional.
Very true

Slaves were being bred for profit. Doesn’t make it more desirable

Superbrother was arguing that they are the same thing.. He is delusional.

If you admit that they are not the same thing, then you are agreeing with me, and disagreeing with him.

Neither of us were claiming it was desirable, so, thanks for... stating the obvious I guess. Just in case some one reading this was very confused.
The forced labor of Nazi Germany and our beloved Confederacy are the same

Nazi Germany is not remembered for it's forced labor.

Vastly different situations had vastly different outcomes. No reasonable person is surprised by that.

Superbrother's position is utterly senseless.

Fool do you not realize what was being done to these folks. They were beaten, raped, maimed, castrated, branded, etc., the atrocities that was done to slaves was in alot of ways no different than what was done to Jewish folks in the Holocaust.

Very true

If you admit that they are not the same thing, then you are agreeing with me, and disagreeing with him.

Neither of us were claiming it was desirable, so, thanks for... stating the obvious I guess. Just in case some one reading this was very confused.

Vastly different situations had vastly different outcomes. No reasonable person is surprised by that.

Virginia should dump it’s Lee/Jackson holiday and just get on to honoring Adolph Hitler

And you move to hide that fact that even you cannot defend Superbrothers absurd claim that genocide and slavery are the same thing.

Liberals such as yourselfs, are motivated by racism and bigotry, in your refusal to allow Southern Whites the Right to celebrate their heritage and culture.

You know this, which is why you are so dishonest.
Has nothing to do with the topic of this thread

The topic is that Virginia wants to end a holiday honoring men who led Armies to ensure the continuation of slavery

Slave owners sought to have work done while harming and hurting their workers. Should we admire them? Ummm I don't think so. They wanted to take advantage of people they thought were less intelligent.

Slave owners sought to have work done while harming and hurting their workers. Should we admire them? Ummm I don't think so. They wanted to take advantage of people they thought were less intelligent.
They thought they were no better than animals

Why should they be admired

Slave owners were beyond low lives. I do not recognize them as having one iota of redeemable traits.

Virginia should dump it’s Lee/Jackson holiday and just get on to honoring Adolph Hitler

And you move to hide that fact that even you cannot defend Superbrothers absurd claim that genocide and slavery are the same thing.

Liberals such as yourselfs, are motivated by racism and bigotry, in your refusal to allow Southern Whites the Right to celebrate their heritage and culture.

The topic is that Virginia wants to end a holiday honoring men who led Armies to ensure the continuation of slavery

EXACTLY.

Who in their right minds would want a holiday commemorating men who attacked the union, fought for the right own humans, and then lost the war. You don't commemorate losers. You don't commemorate traitors. And you don't commemorate slavers.

EXACTLY.

Who in their right minds would want a holiday commemorating men who attacked the union, fought for the right own humans, and then lost the war. You don't commemorate losers. You don't commemorate traitors. And you don't commemorate slavers.

I can't seem to recall a statue of Hirohito in Hawaii. Or of Mussolini in Macedonia. Or Hitler in Holland. :eusa_think:

Slavery is not genocide. There is a reason they are different words.

Your position is delusional.
Very true

Fool do you not realize what was being done to these folks. They were beaten, raped, maimed, castrated, branded, etc., the atrocities that was done to slaves was in alot of ways no different than what was done to Jewish folks in the Holocaust.

Sure, "no different".

That is why the Jewish minority is a vibrant and dynamic part of the German culture, just like Blacks here in America.

Your position is absurd.

Two completely different situations had completely different outcomes and you are pretending to not understand why, so that you can smear your enemies with a Godwin.

Because you are utterly unable to make the case for your position, with any honest argument.

Because your position is based on anti-white racism.

i'm not the one that brought it up. Superbrother did. So, why are you attacking me? I AGREE WITH YOU, that it has nothing to do with this thread.

Seriously RW. What is wrong with you?

EXACTLY.

Just America, for the last 5 generations.

Obama sent a wreath to the Confederate Memorial at Arlington. He was right to do so.

Your confusion about why, is something wrong with you, not US.

EXACTLY.

I can't seem to recall a statue of Hirohito in Hawaii. Or of Mussolini in Macedonia. Or Hitler in Holland. :eusa_think:

Hard to believe that different situations, would have different outcomes. Shocking really.

All Confederate monuments need to be replaced with monuments to Gen Sherman

Very true

Sure, "no different".

That is why the Jewish minority is a vibrant and dynamic part of the German culture, just like Blacks here in America.

There are still Jewish folks in Germany.
Your position is absurd.

Two completely different situations had completely different outcomes and you are pretending to not understand why, so that you can smear your enemies with a Godwin.

Because you are utterly unable to make the case for your position, with any honest argument.

Because your position is based on anti-white racism.

Anti-white racism, Smfh. Both were evil and disgraceful, both received harsh unimaginable treatment. Many were murdered, maimed, tortured, raped, etc. I can't understand what you don't comprehend about the 2 situations being alike.

EXACTLY.

Hard to believe that different situations, would have different outcomes. Shocking really.

I think you're starting to get it. Yes, the Confederate/Lost Cause obsession is indeed an outlier in the history of warfare, that's kind of the point here.

When a nation erupts into internal warfare it's called a "civil war". Can you think of any other country that had such a war but then had a gaggle of revisionists running around rewriting history books to rebrand that war as "the war between the provinces" to polish up the reputation of the losing side?

And that's why lots of various municipalities and states (Virginia in this example) have been taking a long look instead of taking for granted and asking the question, "wait -- WHY are we doing this?"

Last edited:

EXACTLY.

Obama sent a wreath to the Confederate Memorial at Arlington. He was right to do so.

No. It isn't me.

Here is a question: why did so many of these confederate monuments spring up during times of increased racial tensions like the 50's and 60's??

Confederate Statues Were Built To Further A 'White Supremacist Future'

EXACTLY.

No. It isn't me.

Here is a question: why did so many of these confederate monuments spring up during times of increased racial tensions like the 50's and 60's??

Confederate Statues Were Built To Further A 'White Supremacist Future'

The building blocks are really a few decades before that though, in the period of the late nineteenth-early twentieth century that was the absolute nadir of racial relations in this country, concurrent with the revisionism of the Lost Cause Cult and its army the UDC that erected hundreds of monuments.

The Context:

1866 - the year after the War ended -- Edward Pollard publishes The Lost Cause: A New Southern History of the War of the Confederates.[14]
>> Pollard promotes many of the aforementioned themes of the Lost Cause. In particular, he dismisses the role of slavery in starting the war and understates the cruelty of American slavery, even promoting it as a way of improving the lives of Africans:<< (Wiki) This is the origin of the term "Lost Cause"

1867-1874: More than two dozen vigilante groups such as the Knights of the White Camellia (Louisiana 1867-69) the White Brotherhood (North Carolina 1868-70) and the White League (Louisiana 1874) form for the purpose of preserving the antebellum way of life, often using violence against freed slaves, Northern Reconstruction interlopers and local sympathizers. These same elements also take over a street theater social club formed 1865 called the Ku Klux Klan and start committing violence under its banner.

1874: the aforementioned White League stages a municipal coup d'êtat in New Orleans overthrowing an elected biracial government in the "Battle of Liberty Place" -- a monument glorifying this white supremacist insurrection stood at the foot of Canal Street, the busiest spot in the city, for decades and was the first one to be permanently removed by the city in 2015

1877: with the end of federal Reconstruction the first local "Jim Crow" laws are passed, segregation becomes codified, separate public facilities were designated and striated segregation both official and unofficial began. especially but not exclusively in the South

1884: Moses "Fleetwood" Walker plays his last game in Major League Baseball, and would be the last black player in MLB until Jackie Robinson "broke the color line" in 1947 (meaning broke the "gentlemen's agreement" that kept blacks out of baseball for 63 years)

1890s to 1820s: The spate of racial lynchings, begun after the War's end, peaks with the Equal Justice Institute having documented some 4075 such incidents in the years 1877-1950 but peaking in these three decades. These lynchings become social events for whites, sometimes advertised in advance, in one case even a special train designated for spectators, who then take home souvenirs of postcards depicting the event and even body parts of the victims

1899: the UDC begins to ramp up its construction of propaganda-transmitter statues and monuments, placing them not in cemeteries, museums or battlefields but at courthouses, public squares, anywhere maximum traffic will be achieved, in its effort to whitewash the Confederate history

1905: Thomas Dixon's novel "The Clansman: A Historical Romance of the Ku Klux Klan" is published, the second in a trilogy of books glorifying the Ku Klux Klan which had died out in 1872. The book was adapted into a play and caused uproar in both the North and the South

1906: Race riots in Arkansas, Georgia and Mississippi begin a spate of racial terror riots that would peak thirteen years later

1910: the victory of black heavyweight fighter Jack Johnson over his white opponent spurs race riots by angry whites across the nation

1913-1914: new President Woodrow Wilson reneges on his campaign promises and segregates his administration, even ejecting a black civil rights leader who was a supporter.

1915: The D.W. Griffith film "Birth of a Nation" based on the Dixon 1905 novel sweeps across the nation creating mass controversy. Like the novel, the film glorifies the memory of the old Ku Klux Klan, a group formed before Reconstruction in 1865 but taken over by the same vigilante elements that spurred the other vigilante groups (see 1867-1874). The film creates an even bigger uproar than the book for its rationalization of violence and for bringing up old national wounds.

1915: a failed Methodist minister named William Simmons rents a bus, takes followers up Stone Mountain Georgia outside Atlanta and founds the "Knights of the Ku Klux Klan", making the KKK of the notorious film into a real thing people could join, with membership fees of course going into his pocket

1916: the "Great Migration" of six million African-Americans begins, bringing blacks seeking work and fleeing unbearable conditions in the South, populating northern cities such as Chicago, Detroit, St. Louis, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York and many others, where both factories busy with Great War (WWI) activity and segregation await them

1916: the UDC commissions Gutzon Borglum (who would later carve Mount Rushmore) to sculpt a bas-relief depiction on the side of Stone Mountain, site of the re-founding of the Klan

1917: The UDC affixes a plaque on a building at 205 W. Madison Street in Pulaski Tennessee honoring the six founders of the original Ku Klux Klan. This plaque stood until 1989 when the building's new owner turned it backward as a symbol of the town "turning its back on the Klan". Nobody protested except Klan stragglers who had come to pay homage.

1917: Race riots in East St. Louis, Chester and Philadelphia PA, Lexington Kentucky and Houston

1919: the "Red Summer" of race riots in 36 US cities

1920: Three black circus workers are lynched in Duluth Minnesota, as usual on the basis of a rumor about a white woman. A young boy named Abraham Zimmerman, among the witnesses to the event, recounts it to his son years later, who integrates the story into his song "Desolation Row", writing under the name Bob Dylan

1921: Tulsa Race Riot killed and displaced hundreds, burned out an entire section of the city called "Black Wall Street" for its affluence and destroyed 1250 homes in violence against the black community including bombing from the air.

This is about the point where the UDC's funding gets depleted -- you can see where the activity tails off here:

southern-poverty-law-center_wide-8dd59c84cdf1835e87d11d69ad98e7c1dc119a02-s800-c85.png

As can be seen here, the propaganda transmitter movement peaks beginning in 1899 and extends twenty years before they started running short of funds. There is then another spike in the 1960s mirroring the Civil Rights Era, but the main foundation is laid about a century ago. During and before this time they were also rewriting school history books, literally:

Last edited:
Should we also ban the USA flag? The USA had slavery for 89 years.

Does it have a Lost Cause Cult?

Oops, sorry, that's what we call "relevant".

It's a supreme irony that the apologists for a Cult dedicated to rewriting history pretending it went down differently than it did, now want to defend that same Cult by pretending the whole issue is about something else. Kind of rewriting the history of their own rewriting of history.

So go ahead and ban the US flag if you like, but don't do it for phony reasons.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back