🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USA's "gun problem"

While you mean well you need to consider some things. The gun nuts won't all give up their guns. Some might need to be killed to get them. And criminals certainly won't give them up.

And if you look at other countries who have done what you want homicide rates haven't gone down.

We should do a few things but confiscation I don't think so.
We confiscated handguns in 1996, and everything worked out fine.

Australia confiscated guns in 1996 as well and everything worked out fine.

If Murica' can put a man on the moon, they can successfully get rid of handguns and assault rifles in private hands

Did homicide rates go down?
Gun crime did. And gun crime is preventable. You can;t ban kitchen knives or cricket bats, but guns serve no positive purpose in society, and therefore, gun crime is the most preventable type of crime

So you spend time, money and possibly lives banning guns, but the same number of people still are killed each year? Wouldn't the effort be better spent somewhere else?
Repeat after me:

guns have ZERO positive uses in society. ZERO. ZILCH.

Gun murders are the only type of murders that are really preventable. We can;t ban kitchen knives or cars. But we can ban guns.

We are cutting down the numbers of PREVENTABLE murders by banning guns, which is a very very good thing in my book
How would YOU propose to get the criminals to turn in THEIR illegal guns? you know, the guns that are responsible for the murders.
BTW, why do you wanna take away my ONLY defense against the armed criminals and the crimina;l elkement?
When the criminals come after me, who will protect me and mine?

To prevent the other one percent from being used to kill.
You want to ban more than 38000 guns because someone misused 1?
This, to you is a rational reasoned solution?

You also failed to answer this question:
99.99705% of guns are nott used to commit murder.
How does this support the claim that the number of guns in the US is a problem?

We have more guns than criminals have hands, how could they all be used for murder?
One gun used for murder is one gun too many.

If it saves one life, a complete confiscation is justified

While you mean well you need to consider some things. The gun nuts won't all give up their guns. Some might need to be killed to get them. And criminals certainly won't give them up.

And if you look at other countries who have done what you want homicide rates haven't gone down.

If Murica' can put a man on the moon, they can successfully get rid of handguns and assault rifles in private hands

you guys already had lower murder rates without taking all of your guns.....and your violent crime rate went up....

We only have 8-9,000 gun murders in a country of over 320 million people....and over 11.1 million people carry guns for self defense....and again...only 8-9,000 gun murders and those are concentrated in small, multi block areas in our democrat controlled cities.......so our gun murder rate is tiny compared to our population......and again 1.6 million violent crimes are stopped each year by law abiding citizens with guns......

Wouldn't you say that getting rid of something that has no beneficial use to society,
The beneficial uses of guns (warding off crime, defensing against criminals etc.) have been pointed out to this person at least three times by my count, in this thread alone.

He has yet to acknowledge any of them.

And yet he keeps repeating his lies over and over.

His mentor Herr Goebbels would be proud of him.

We have more guns than criminals have hands, how could they all be used for murder?

you guys already had lower murder rates without taking all of your guns.....and your violent crime rate went up....

We only have 8-9,000 gun murders in a country of over 320 million people....and over 11.1 million people carry guns for self defense....and again...only 8-9,000 gun murders and those are concentrated in small, multi block areas in our democrat controlled cities.......so our gun murder rate is tiny compared to our population......and again 1.6 million violent crimes are stopped each year by law abiding citizens with guns......

You seem to be wrong. We have determined many are not law abiding. Also who has claimed they are all violent crimes?

Yes. 99.99705% of guns are nout used to commit murder.
99.99705% of guns are not used to commit murder. How does it make sense to ban guns?

Rayne...do you realize that guns save lives and stop violent criminal attack 1.6 million times a year on average here in the states....so 1.6 million lives are saved in one way or another with guns...
1.6 million is a made up number. And I've seen no survey that says most defenses are against murder and violent crimes.

Given crime has come down a lot since your incorrect surveys, shouldn't you lower your imaginary number?

[

How would YOU propose to get the criminals to turn in THEIR illegal guns? you know, the guns that are responsible for the murders.
BTW, why do you wanna take away my ONLY defense against the armed criminals and the crimina;l elkement?
When the criminals come after me, who will protect me and mine?

The Moon Bats want you to trust the government to protect you and your family. They love the government and thinks that is the answer to everything. They want you to call 911 and wait until the police union comes by and saves you.

You seem to be wrong. We have determined many are not law abiding. Also who has claimed they are all violent crimes?

Any time someone threatens physical violence or creates the situation where they may use physical violence against you creates violent crime......if they are emptying your savings account from a computer....not violent...breaking into your home where they may encounter you and then create a situation where it may escalate...violent....

Rayne...do you realize that guns save lives and stop violent criminal attack 1.6 million times a year on average here in the states....so 1.6 million lives are saved in one way or another with guns...
1.6 million is a made up number. And I've seen no survey that says most defenses are against murder and violent crimes.

Given crime has come down a lot since your incorrect surveys, shouldn't you lower your imaginary number?

no, the 1.6'million is the average of 13 or more studies on the topic over 40 years....it isn't made,up.....and when another real study is done....sure....I'll change my numbers......unless it is by the violence policy center, handgun control inc. or any number of other anti gun nut groups .....in particular anything coming from doors or Bloomberg....known liars....

Any time someone threatens physical violence or creates the situation where they may use physical violence against you creates violent crime......if they are emptying your savings account from a computer....not violent...breaking into your home where they may encounter you and then create a situation where it may escalate...violent....

What survey says that most defenses are against violent crime and murder? Link?

Again we have discussed and clearly most aren't law abiding.

no, the 1.6'million is the average of 13 or more studies on the topic over 40 years....it isn't made,up.....and when another real study is done....sure....I'll change my numbers......unless it is by the violence policy center, handgun control inc. or any number of other anti gun nut groups .....in particular anything coming from doors or Bloomberg....known liars....

Ok so you are using surveys that have been debunked several times over. The newest of which are over 20 years old and crime has come down dramatically since then. So your 1.6 million imaginary number is even more wrong than it was 20 years ago. I don't see how you can use it knowing all of this.

When are you going to propose something that will take the guns away from the criminals and leave the honest, law.abiding and responsible citizens alone?

Weapons bans only prevent law-abidding citizens from defending themselves against criminals who don't abide by those bans in the first place.
>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<
IF..., we can only get this thru the thick heads of the gun hating leftards, BUT !!, what pisses me off most is :asshole:S like this:

A prominent civil-rights attorney pleaded not guilty to a felony gun charge Tuesday after authorities found an unloaded concealed handgun in his carry-on bag at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport Saturday.
Read more at Anti-gun attorney busted for gun in airport

a gun HATER carrying a gun !! will he be punished like a "forgetful" conservative who forgot his/her gun was in his/her baggage.

what do you people with common sense (libs, of course are exempted) think will be the outcome ??

Weapons bans only prevent law-abidding citizens from defending themselves against criminals who don't abide by those bans in the first place.
>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<
IF..., we can only get this thru the thick heads of the gun hating leftards, BUT !!, what pisses me off most is :asshole:S like this:

A prominent civil-rights attorney pleaded not guilty to a felony gun charge Tuesday after authorities found an unloaded concealed handgun in his carry-on bag at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport Saturday.
Read more at Anti-gun attorney busted for gun in airport

a gun HATER carrying a gun !! will he be punished like a "forgetful" conservative who forgot his/her gun was in his/her baggage.

what do you people with common sense (libs, of course are exempted) think will be the outcome ??

There's a lot of hypocrisy in the vocal (on tv and otherwise in-public) anti-gun people. Concealed Carry permits, armed security, etc.

I don't much like guns either, especially when pointed at me, but I understand they're not the problem. People who'd point them at other people is the problem.

When are you going to propose something that will take the guns away from the criminals and leave the honest, law.abiding and responsible citizens alone?

I don't think anything will do that. Background checks on all sales would make it harder for criminals.

I don't think anything will do that. Background checks on all sales would make it harder for criminals.
They ALREADY make background checks on people buying guns. Ever hear of federal form 4473?
Ever hear of NICS?
BOTH are done before you can buy a gun, LEGALLY.
???Any MORE proposels to keep/take guns outta the hands of criminals???

They ALREADY make background checks on people buying guns. Ever hear of federal form 4473?
Ever hear of NICS?

Private sales do not require background checks.

Ever hear of NICS?

Nor should they.......felons cannot buy, own or carry guns...if you catch a felon with a gun....lock them up....if you have a private seller knowingly selling to a felon....lock them up....

Ok so you are using surveys that have been debunked several times over. The newest of which are over 20 years old and crime has come down dramatically since then. So your 1.6 million imaginary number is even more wrong than it was 20 years ago. I don't see how you can use it knowing all of this.

Crime has gone down....as you say....dramatically......and during that time more and more Americans own and carry guns for protection........is that the cause.....not completely but the real point.....Americans owning and carrying gun for self defense did not increase the gun murder rate, the other murder rate or the accidental gun death rate......the exact opposite of what the irrational anti gunners said would happen....they predicted blood running in the streets, and every traffic altercation turning into a shooting....it...did...not...happen.......

So guns are not the problem....again.....

Ever hear of NICS?

Nor should they.......felons cannot buy, own or carry guns...if you catch a felon with a gun....lock them up....if you have a private seller knowingly selling to a felon....lock them up....

Yes a slight inconvenience just to save lives.

Actually, no it wouldn't, there is nothing to show that it would....they steal their guns or get people who can pass background checks to buy their guns for them.....again....if you catch a felon with a gun....lock them up for a long time...the only gun control that works......

Forum List

Back