USMB Coffee Shop IV

Too scary for me.
I can't even get on the third rung of a latter without shaking really bad. :lmao:

Me too. But I lie and claim that I can't use ladders because I get a nosebleed after the second rung. :)

But I have always had a phobia about bridges. I cannot walk out on a high bridge--low ones are okay--but like the one over the Rio Grande gorge near Taos NM?

th

Or the Royal Gorge bridge in Colorado:

th

If I walk out on a bridge like that, I have this indescribable feeling that an invisible force is pulling me over the edge--that I will jump. And I am not the least bit suicidal--ever. But the sensation is so overwhelming I just can't do it.

Now imagine having that sensation for all that huge long walkway in Spain? Uh uh. Not me. Not gonna do it. Not even if it didn't look like it could break almost anywhere along it.

I hate heights as well. I hire someone to put up Christmas lights and the one time I had to climb up on my roof, I was nauseous.

BUT... I LOVE roller coasters. I figure I get more for my money than any one else on the ride.

So, I think my interview went pretty well. There were a few other people there for interviews as well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but of course I don't know. They are going to email me if they want me. So we will see. :D If not, that's okay because there are a couple of other opportunities I have in mind.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you, too, Chris!

Though there is no way in heck you would EVER get me to do this, I wonder if any of you who have been to Spain have been on the Caminito del Rey walkway? Three feet wide it is billed as the world's deadliest walkway, but I was reading today that Spain has installed safety hand rails and made other improvements to make it safer. But I still don't want to go on it.

th

th

It just looks so frail. And if those supports break. . . .

th
Frightened of heights, too...you wouldn't catch me on that rig...ever!!!

Though there is no way in heck you would EVER get me to do this, I wonder if any of you who have been to Spain have been on the Caminito del Rey walkway? Three feet wide it is billed as the world's deadliest walkway, but I was reading today that Spain has installed safety hand rails and made other improvements to make it safer. But I still don't want to go on it.

th

th

th

Not for me.

It's funny, I never used to be scared of heights.
Then I started skydiving.
Each jump, I got more and more scared.
I don't jump anymore.
Now, even driving a high mountain road kind of scares me.

th

th

th
Frightened of heights, too...you wouldn't catch me on that rig...ever!!!

Thanks much! :)

Edit: oops, I meant to reply to your other post that was addressed to me. :D I'm tired from my interview, I guess. Lol.

th

th

th

Not for me.

It's funny, I never used to be scared of heights.
Then I started skydiving.
Each jump, I got more and more scared.
I don't jump anymore.
Now, even driving a high mountain road kind of scares me.

I am kind of terrified of heights myself. If I have something solid to hang on to, I'm okay though. I can go on cliffs and things like that, but I don't like being too close to the edge. I start feeling a little dizzy and I'm afraid I'll just fall off. :lol: That could be just all in mind though.

So, I think my interview went pretty well. There were a few other people there for interviews as well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but of course I don't know. They are going to email me if they want me. So we will see. :D If not, that's okay because there are a couple of other opportunities I have in mind.
Interviewing for a job is the worst. It's harder work than actually doing any job.
I'm not looking for a job but I had somebody reach out to me for one about a month ago, so I did a phone interview with them. By the end of the interview I knew I wasn't the person that they really needed and were looking for, so I told them so. Bonus points for my candor and honesty, maybe they'll contact me again if they have something I am a better fit for.

Even though I'm not looking, I know that long term I probably need a new job. The company I work for just recently got bought out by another company. It's probably going to take about two years+ to merge all of our systems and I am currently one of the IT resources merging our financial systems and I've been involved in early discusions about merging our supply chains. I'm guessing it's two to three years until they close our corp office and I don't want to be "the last man standing", but I've got time. They need us IT folk to handle the system merges.

Interviewing for a job is the worst. It's harder work than actually doing any job.
I'm not looking for a job but I had somebody reach out to me for one about a month ago, so I did a phone interview with them. By the end of the interview I knew I wasn't the person that they really needed and were looking for, so I told them so. Bonus points for my candor and honesty, maybe they'll contact me again if they have something I am a better fit for.

Even though I'm not looking, I know that long term I probably need a new job. The company I work for just recently got bought out by another company. It's probably going to take about two years+ to merge all of our systems and I am currently one of the IT resources merging our financial systems and I've been involved in early discusions about merging our supply chains. I'm guessing it's two to three years until they close our corp office and I don't want to be "the last man standing", but I've got time. They need us IT folk to handle the system merges.

Yeah, this particular job that I interviewed for today doesn't pay so well, and I don't know if they are going to call me back for another interview or even hire me. I'm going to keep looking though. I'm just so tired of working at home and being in the house for most of my time. I need a change, you know? :)

Another thing I hate is when they want you to fill out an application. Good GOD! Some of them are like 5 pages long. :ack-1: It's as if they want to know your entire life's history. Kind of ridiculous if you ask me. Sometimes, the ones you fill out online are the worst.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava

Another thing I hate is when they want you to fill out an application. Good GOD! Some of them are like 5 pages long. :ack-1: It's as if they want to know your entire life's history. Kind of ridiculous if you ask me. Sometimes, the ones you fill out online are the worst.
Does the job require a security clearance? Anything at the airport requires security/background check. What a horror that is!

Yeah, this particular job that I interviewed for today doesn't pay so well, and I don't know if they are going to call me back for another interview or even hire me. I'm going to keep looking though. I'm just so tired of working at home and being in the house for most of my time. I need a change, you know? :)

Get a tent in the yard and work from there...

Does the job require a security clearance? Anything at the airport requires security/background check. What a horror that is!

No, just a long and invasive application. Lol. I'm surprised they didn't ask me my favorite color. :lol:

Working remotely or from home has interesting nuances to it.
Extroverted people like the social contact they get at a work environment and being in the office is good for them. But a day now and then working from home can be beneficial.
Introverted people like the solitude of not being in an office with all it's distractions so working from home helps with productivety. But some days in the office are good.

One of the ladys I work with recently moved out of state so she is now working remotely 100% of the time. She is an extrovert/sociable person, working from home 100% of the time is not going to be good for her.

Working remotely or from home has interesting nuances to it.
Extroverted people like the social contact they get at a work environment and being in the office is good for them. But a day now and then working from home can be beneficial.
Introverted people like the solitude of not being in an office with all it's distractions so working from home helps with productivety. But some days in the office are good.

One of the ladys I work with recently moved out of state so she is now working remotely 100% of the time. She is an extrovert/sociable person, working from home 100% of the time is not going to be good for her.

I'm an extrovert too. That's why I am sick and tired of working from home! :) I managed it though. Time for a change now.

Forum List

Back