USMB Coffee Shop IV

Probably Jorja Fox.

latest
Yeah. Her. Can't stand her. I also won't watch anything Margo Kidder plays in. Can't stand her either. There are some celebs I just refuse to watch.

I agree re Margot Kidder. She literally makes my skin crawl.

I'm not very familiar with her work.

She was Princess Leiah in Star Wars and Lois Lane in the Superman movies of the 80's.

Well thanks. :) I googled her, and I saw that she was Lois Lane but I think Princess Leia was played by someone else.
Carrie Fisher played Princess Leia.

Agree with others though that there are just some actors I don't care for and usually don't check out anything they are in. Chevy Chase, Steve Martin, Will Ferrell fall into that category. Don't have a thing against any one of them but they just grate on my nerves so I don't check anything out that they are in. Jim Carrey and Danny DeVito and some others I like in some things, not in others. As I said DeVito was perfect for his roles in Rennaissance Man and The Rainmaker, but I won't watch "Throw Momma from the Train" or other more slapstick stuff he is in.

I can separate the actor from his or her personal life though and don't avoid them just because I don't like their personal life or politics or weird religion or whatever.

It wouldn't be the holidays without Chevy Chase and Christmas vacation. I love Steve Martin...Planes, Trains and Automobiles is one of my favorite comedies. Will Ferrell cracks me up...he's such a goofball. My favorite comedian in movies is Vince Vaughn...love him in everything, but my favorite is Wedding Crashers.:D

I can appreciate that. I just can't appreciate the actors, though I don't hate any of those movies. They just aren't the kind of movie I seek out for whatever aesthetic appeal. I guess I deal with enough frustrations in real life to enjoy people having them in the movies. :)

My favorite kinds of comedies are the dramadies like Down Periscope or Moonstruck or My Cousin Vinny or Armageddon or Dave or Guarding Tess.
Those are all great. Adam Sandler is one I cannot abide. Most of his stuff is immature and pretty moronic.

I liked Happy Gilmore and Big Daddy. Big Daddy was pretty funny. :lol:
Nah, I'll take a pass. Little Nicky was OK with some of my friends, though.

In Big Daddy, I loved that he called the little boy "Frankenstein" because that's what he wanted to be called! :lol: I thought that movie was a riot.

Yeah. Her. Can't stand her. I also won't watch anything Margo Kidder plays in. Can't stand her either. There are some celebs I just refuse to watch.

I agree re Margot Kidder. She literally makes my skin crawl.

I'm not very familiar with her work.

She was Princess Leiah in Star Wars and Lois Lane in the Superman movies of the 80's.

Well thanks. :) I googled her, and I saw that she was Lois Lane but I think Princess Leia was played by someone else.
Carrie Fisher played Princess Leia.

Yeah, we already figured all that out. :wink_2: Thanks though!

This is the pm room. All nice and private. And cozy. Some use it to flirt. Some just nap. And some want a little slice of heaven to rub some bagbalm on sore joints. :)

beautiful-bohemian-patio-designs-4.jpg

I am very much hippy-fied. Nowadays, it's called Bohemian. In my day, it was bitchin or groovy. :lol:

Ya know, the TV is on in the morning for the news, it goes off when the wife leaves for work. It comes back on when she gets home for the news then she'll watch her shows, true crime stuff, home remodel shows, Animal planet, etc. When she's done watching it we turn it off. Never does a prime time show dare show it's face on my TV.............

A lot of them may be crap, but there are still good shows on TV. It's a question of if you're willing to take the time to find them by watching a lot of terrible pilots. :p
I usually only watch TV on Sunday evening, and I usually fall asleep doing that. I have a couple of shows I follow, but end up buying the DVDs when they come out. I think the last show I stayed awake for was some show called "River Monsters".

I have seen River Monsters but it isn't really my cuppa. Thursday nights are the slowest for me. Nothing decent on. So I head for netflix.

Ha ha ha!! I just got back from the thrift store and scored 1 hippie skirt and 3 tops...all for the low low price of 5 bucks. I be a happy camper!
My kind of gal! A plus that you like critters, too.
I'd rather be around critters than people, to be honest. But this convo is usually one sided, hence me coming here to usmb when I want to socialize...out there when I want to go slumming. :lol:
A convo about critters, or that you prefer them? While I do have a few good friends, and I get along OK at work, I spend most of my waking hours caring for the furfam. Like you, I enjoy the CS and all the great folks here but "outside" is fun sometimes.
Convos WITH critters. But they just waggle with tongues lolling out and I don't much feedback, lol. However, ask me if I want to go to a party or help feed the cows and I'll have my knee high boots on and a pitchfork in my hands faster than you can say Cow Shit. :lol:
Yeah..."out there" is fun sometimes. In here, its like a safe haven. I visualize it as a big bohemian room with people lounging around and just murmuring with convos. Oh, and dogs and cats lounging too, on big fluffy pillows. Out there...that's the manure pasture. Gotta watch where ya step...or just wear the hip waders just to be safe. ;)

I used to have a cat that said "out." I swear to God that cat could speak!
I read an article not long ago that mentioned that dogs have a pretty much standard means of communication but that cats, not being naturally very vocal or demonstrative, developed a very specific way of communicating with their persons. Kitty vocalizations were often recognized and accurately interpreted by their persons, but not necessarily by others.

Okay, speaking of movies, we're off to watch AGT probably to be followed by a good movie, so I'm probably out for the night. Everybody have a good one.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Save and Mrs. L in adversity,
Chris in transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Becki, R.D., and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

DSC02438-e1337629096832.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.
An update on Sachenda...she's pretty much left the house. There's not much of the person she once was, although her corporal vessel yet exists. Her husband is devastated and my daughter is at a total loss to be able to help him. I think they've reached that point where euthanasia would be a blessing. My daughter is worried about what will happen when Sachenda finally passes away. Brain cancer, and subsequent treatment, has pretty much already erased her as a person.

That's really sad. So sorry to hear that.
It is particularly tragic when the essence of what makes a person has long departed before the flesh vessel that contained that essence dies. So, so very difficult for those who loved the person who once dwelt within...

I've had my last cat. I have my last two dogs. When these go over rainbow bridge...no more. Too old to handle the pain when they pass. The only way I would ever have another pet is if they find ME. Like, one just shows up out of the blue. I would consider it that it was meant to be. But I ain't going looking.

I have had dogs all my life. And only 3 cats. One when I was a kid. Second one was Fattycat that lived 23 years. Last one was..well...the last one. I won't mention her again on this board. Or any pet, actually.
But, for now, I have two left. One is mine completely, the other belongs to Daddy.

I have seen River Monsters but it isn't really my cuppa. Thursday nights are the slowest for me. Nothing decent on. So I head for netflix.
Guess you gotta have an interest in fishing.
Love fishin'. Used to go out to the pier and fish off that but I prefer lakes and rivers. Haven't been in years and years and years, unfortunately.
Have you ever been "tubing"? That's the best. You are suspended from an inner-tube type of device and you generally use a fly fishing rod to cast. It's too neat. There have been times when I've felt like the last Cheerio in the bowl.

Forum List

Back