USMB Coffee Shop IV

Morning !

funny-animals-117.jpg

I wouldn't trust HR to be helpful if there are less than 100 employees.

Returning to a work in an environment you claim is hostile probably goes against your position. Stay away.
She doesn't have to go back to work there, just claim the work environment would be too hostile, and in this case it would so it's pretty much a "severance package" we'd be looking for.

We just woke up at 8:30....... Nice to sleep in...... :D
She's normally at work by 8, sent a text claiming she's sick..... :lol:

Dang, Ringel. I hope the attorney get a huge chunk for you guys. That's bullshit, what they are doing.

Meanwhile..I have my hair all glopped up with coconut oil. Been reading it is the best stuff for the scalp. I have small tiny bb size spots of psoriasis on it and when I sweat it itches like crazy. So...I am trying coconut oil to see if it does better than the RX shampoo the dermatologist gave me.

It started behind my ears. Small lines of it where my ear meets my head. Then it started at the base of my neck. Looks like a light rash but it is psoriasis. Right side of my head near the hairline, another little section started. Saw pics on google and am so glad my head does NOT look like what those poor folks suffer with. Mine is piddly. Like freckles, but flakey. I hope this coconut oil works. AND...I can cook with it too, lol.
I recommend not using the same oil to cook that you used on your hair...unless you need the fiber.

Gotta love google earth!
There is an old Navy base just south of my property. It was a hopping place, training naval aviators during WW II and again, Korea. Now, the trainees drive over from Pensacola and 4 T-6A's practice touch and go landings 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.

The first photo is circa 1943, the second is the same area but current from Google Earth.View attachment 44482

View attachment 44483
Way cool! There are a couple of those T-6's owned and operated here. You can always tell when someone's running one, too...what a sound-of-power!!
I live within sight of Ft Worth Naval Air Station and it's connected to Lockheed-Martin. Lots of airplane noise but I never hear it unless 4 F-18s fly in formation 500 ft over my house. Vibrates the house so hard the Roomba starts running. But I love the sound of freedom.
The sound of Freedom...indeed! I work at the airport, on big commercial jets. I love the sound of commerce, as well.
Speaking of sound, occasionaly the Navy and Marine pilots practice carrier take-offs and landings. If you're in Sams or Walmart outside the base, and the pilots wind their engines to full power, people who've never been there before give us locals a little entertainment by diving and jumping under counters and shelves. Sounds like the world is ending. Sound of freedom.
The sound of freedom comes in many different tunes, too. Here's another favorite of mine:

The coolest aircraft EVER!

My daughter left for home this morning. I has a sad.

Foley, AL
12:18 PM CDT on July 16, 2015 (GMT -0500)
Myrtle Court | Report | Change Station

Elev 65 ft 30.40 °N, 87.67 °W | Updated 20 sec ago
partlycloudy.svg

Partly Cloudy
90.4 °F
Feels Like 106 °F

N
Wind from NNW
Gusts 9.0 mph

Today is forecast to be Cooler than yesterday.

Today
High 91 | Low 78 °F
20% Chance of Precip.

Yesterday
High 95.8 | Low 81.2 °F
Precip. 0 in

Morning greetings, All-y'all!
Just taking a break, need a coffee infusion and to rest my back, let the ibuprofen kick in. I pulled my back when I laid my two goats to rest, pretty heavy work.
I was up a 4 am this morning, but intended it that way. It's quite light and cool enough to work outside, and by about 10 am, or so, it's too hot to work outside much longer. I decided to start cleaning up more of the mess out here. My partner never made a mess he would clean up so I'm usually on the hook. I'm actually clearing up loads of potential fuel, in the event of another fire coming through. Looks like another trailer load to the dump tomorrow. Another friend of mine has "homesteader" privileges and is welcome to use the place any time he likes. He considers clearing trees, including digging up the stumps, to be great therapy. Boy, I could use a few more friends like that!
We've been getting more rain lately, sometimes barely a sprinkle but the other day, just as I arrived here, the skies opened up like a faucet had been turned on! By the time I got the cats and dog carried up to the house, I was soaked through. Cats were none to happy about their showers, either.
Well, guess break time is over for now. I'll have more time later, after I get back to town. Pesky job! Looks like a bit of a breeze up now so it should stay cooler for a while yet.
Good to see BBD and 007 are still alive and kicking. I do indeed understand what busy means. Best wishes for everyone, hopefully the pains and other inconveniences of life abate for all my friends in the CS.
Just what do you consider too hot to work outside? It's just after noon here an 91 with a heat index of 106.
4 years ago, when I built the deck here, we had 5 days in a row of over 100. One I remember was 105 with a heat index of 114. Two guys in their 60's was tired at the end of the day

Just taking a break, need a coffee infusion and to rest my back, let the ibuprofen kick in. I pulled my back when I laid my two goats to rest, pretty heavy work.
I was up a 4 am this morning, but intended it that way. It's quite light and cool enough to work outside, and by about 10 am, or so, it's too hot to work outside much longer. I decided to start cleaning up more of the mess out here. My partner never made a mess he would clean up so I'm usually on the hook. I'm actually clearing up loads of potential fuel, in the event of another fire coming through. Looks like another trailer load to the dump tomorrow. Another friend of mine has "homesteader" privileges and is welcome to use the place any time he likes. He considers clearing trees, including digging up the stumps, to be great therapy. Boy, I could use a few more friends like that!
We've been getting more rain lately, sometimes barely a sprinkle but the other day, just as I arrived here, the skies opened up like a faucet had been turned on! By the time I got the cats and dog carried up to the house, I was soaked through. Cats were none to happy about their showers, either.
Well, guess break time is over for now. I'll have more time later, after I get back to town. Pesky job! Looks like a bit of a breeze up now so it should stay cooler for a while yet.
Good to see BBD and 007 are still alive and kicking. I do indeed understand what busy means. Best wishes for everyone, hopefully the pains and other inconveniences of life abate for all my friends in the CS.
Just what do you consider too hot to work outside? It's just after noon here an 91 with a heat index of 106.
4 years ago, when I built the deck here, we had 5 days in a row of over 100. One I remember was 105 with a heat index of 114. Two guys in their 60's was tired at the end of the day

My ex worked outside doing construction work. I don't know how you guys can do it. I would be throwing up. :lol:

Well, I had my interview. Meh, it doesn't sound any better than my current job, and I would have to go through the trouble of obtaining a business license, doing my own taxes and no benefits because I would be an independent contractor, so if they call me back, I will not be taking this job.

My ex worked outside doing construction work. I don't know how you guys can do it. I would be throwing up. :lol:
We were each drinking 2 gallons of water /day and minimum a quart of Gator Aide.
You just do it because you have to.

We were each drinking 2 gallons of water /day and minimum a quart of Gator Aide.

I would be so sick. My ex told me that every year several people would end up going home sick from working in the heat. I guess you get used to it like anything else, but it would not be my choice, that's for sure.

Well, I had my interview. Meh, it doesn't sound any better than my current job, and I would have to go through the trouble of obtaining a business license, doing my own taxes and no benefits because I would be an independent contractor, so if they call me back, I will not be taking this job.

That is actually how Hombre and I have preferred to work--as independent contractor or on straight commission w/no benefits, or self-employed. But it definitely isn't for everybody and I'm not sure I would be comfortable going out on that limb alone.

I would be so sick. My ex told me that every year several people would end up going home sick from working in the heat. I guess you get used to it like anything else, but it would not be my choice, that's for sure.
Time for a story...
Before I moved to Alabama, I installed and serviced water purification equipment in South Florida. While it never got over 100 there with the sea breeze, it was usually in the 90's 9 months of the year.
I was installing a system one day at a house where the occupants were away.
The AC in my truck was broken and I had no access to the house. I had my typical 2 gallons of water and some Gator Aide in a cooler.
It was in the mid 90's and raining on and off. I knew I was in trouble, but kept going, not wanting to leave before getting the water to the house back on.
The job involved some pick and shovel work and, hell, I passed out for probably 10 minutes.
I called my boss and told him what was going on. He offered to come finish up, but as I had maybe 20 minutes left on the job and was 45 minutes from the office, I told him to call me in 15 minutes and if I don't answer, call an ambulance. He agreed and I went back to work.
Another thunderstorm came through and I had to put my phone in the truck to keep it dry. I got the pipes connected and went to the back of the house to flush the system. Joel called. I was too far from the truck to hear the phone.
Ambulance showed up as I was returning his call. We all had a good laugh and I got a couple free Gator Aides from the Paramedics and a "thanks for your dedication, asshole" from Joel.

Time for a story...
Before I moved to Alabama, I installed and serviced water purification equipment in South Florida. While it never got over 100 there with the sea breeze, it was usually in the 90's 9 months of the year.
The AC in my truck was broken and I had no access to the house. I had my typical 2 gallons of water and some Gator Aide in a cooler.
It was in the mid 90's and raining on and off. I knew I was in trouble, but kept going, not wanting to leave before getting the water to the house back on.
The job involved some pick and shovel work and, hell, I passed out for probably 10 minutes.
I called my boss and told him what was going on. He offered to come finish up, but as I had maybe 20 minutes left on the job and was 45 minutes from the office, I told him to call me in 15 minutes and if I don't answer, call an ambulance. He agreed and I went back to work.
Another thunderstorm came through and I had to put my phone in the truck to keep it dry. I got the pipes connected and went to the back of the house to flush the system. Joel called. I was too far from the truck to hear the phone.
Ambulance showed up as I was returning his call. We all had a good laugh and I got a couple free Gator Aides from the Paramedics and a "thanks for your dedication, asshole" from Joel.

You are a very motivated person, Ernie! :D

That is actually how Hombre and I have preferred to work--as independent contractor or on straight commission w/no benefits, or self-employed. But it definitely isn't for everybody and I'm not sure I would be comfortable going out on that limb alone.
I have done it a number of times. I never could handle the feast and famine of thos arrangements. I would make 25 grand one month and spend like I made 300 grand a year.

Time for a story...

You are a very motivated person, Ernie! :D
I take responsibility pretty seriously.

I have done it a number of times. I never could handle the feast and famine of thos arrangements. I would make 25 grand one month and spend like I made 300 grand a year.

We adjusted to that pretty well by putting ourselves on a budget so that we spent about the same amount for necessities and fun each month. So in the feast months we would be putting money back and in the famine periods we would draw from those reserves.

We fucked up. Didn't think about saving at all until it came time to wish we had. It has taken me almost 11 years, but I finally got almost 10k saved and that is from me alone. Mr Gracie says let the chips fall where they may. I say Oh Hayell No.
But, it's enough for gas for the van and his truck if we ever wind up having to live in our cars.

Forum List

Back