USMB Coffee Shop IV

Happy Wednesday everybody

funny-animals-108.jpg
That sure looks like my cat... she bounces all over when I type, but it doesn't seem to bother her... :lol:

20131231_094649_zpsnd6fyz5m.jpg

Yes it does, :) that is why I posted it, because it reminded me of your cat.

Good morning all. Beautiful morning here. My shoulder hurts. I guess I'm going to have to break down and have it looked at by a doctor. Otherwise we are halfway through the week with daughter and SIL and have enjoyed the visit. Tonight we meet other family for bar-b-que at our local Quarters.

Another hump day. And hope it goes well for all.

Good morning all. Beautiful morning here. My shoulder hurts. I guess I'm going to have to break down and have it looked at by a doctor. Otherwise we are halfway through the week with daughter and SIL and have enjoyed the visit. Tonight we meet other family for bar-b-que at our local Quarters.

Another hump day. And hope it goes well for all.

You should definitely have it looked at, Foxy. Good luck. :)

Woke up this morning with almost frozen arm myself. When I put my tank top on and raised my arm, CRAAAAAAAAAACK POP. Ouch. Time to make a sarong sling for it I guess. Only way to make frozen arm go away is not use it. Thank goodness its my left arm. I need my right one.

Gotta love google earth!
There is an old Navy base just south of my property. It was a hopping place, training naval aviators during WW II and again, Korea. Now, the trainees drive over from Pensacola and 4 T-6A's practice touch and go landings 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.

The first photo is circa 1943, the second is the same area but current from Google Earth.View attachment 44482

View attachment 44483
Way cool! There are a couple of those T-6's owned and operated here. You can always tell when someone's running one, too...what a sound-of-power!!
I live within sight of Ft Worth Naval Air Station and it's connected to Lockheed-Martin. Lots of airplane noise but I never hear it unless 4 F-18s fly in formation 500 ft over my house. Vibrates the house so hard the Roomba starts running. But I love the sound of freedom.
The sound of Freedom...indeed! I work at the airport, on big commercial jets. I love the sound of commerce, as well.
Speaking of sound, occasionaly the Navy and Marine pilots practice carrier take-offs and landings. If you're in Sams or Walmart outside the base, and the pilots wind their engines to full power, people who've never been there before give us locals a little entertainment by diving and jumping under counters and shelves. Sounds like the world is ending. Sound of freedom.
The sound of freedom comes in many different tunes, too. Here's another favorite of mine:

Morning greetings, All-y'all!
Just taking a break, need a coffee infusion and to rest my back, let the ibuprofen kick in. I pulled my back when I laid my two goats to rest, pretty heavy work.
I was up a 4 am this morning, but intended it that way. It's quite light and cool enough to work outside, and by about 10 am, or so, it's too hot to work outside much longer. I decided to start cleaning up more of the mess out here. My partner never made a mess he would clean up so I'm usually on the hook. I'm actually clearing up loads of potential fuel, in the event of another fire coming through. Looks like another trailer load to the dump tomorrow. Another friend of mine has "homesteader" privileges and is welcome to use the place any time he likes. He considers clearing trees, including digging up the stumps, to be great therapy. Boy, I could use a few more friends like that!
We've been getting more rain lately, sometimes barely a sprinkle but the other day, just as I arrived here, the skies opened up like a faucet had been turned on! By the time I got the cats and dog carried up to the house, I was soaked through. Cats were none to happy about their showers, either.
Well, guess break time is over for now. I'll have more time later, after I get back to town. Pesky job! Looks like a bit of a breeze up now so it should stay cooler for a while yet.
Good to see BBD and 007 are still alive and kicking. I do indeed understand what busy means. Best wishes for everyone, hopefully the pains and other inconveniences of life abate for all my friends in the CS.

Just got back from the beach again. REALLY high tide this go round, so all of us got wet. Had to vacuum out the van cuz it is nothing but sand now. Oh, and dog hairs. But it is a gorgeous day and I intend to make full use of it in the yard.

Just got back from the beach again. REALLY high tide this go round, so all of us got wet. Had to vacuum out the van cuz it is nothing but sand now. Oh, and dog hairs. But it is a gorgeous day and I intend to make full use of it in the yard.
There are times I miss the beach, but not the sand. Of course, around Anchorage we have no real beaches. We have tidal flats fed by glacial rivers that can become death traps if one ventures out onto them at certain times. And when the tide comes in, it comes IN because we have bore tides here. People actually to out to surf the tide up the Turnagain Arm.

We are supposed to get some storms tonight. It's thundering now but no rain yet. It started off nice and sunny but then turned overcast during the latter part of the afternoon. I was going to make some chicken on the grill tonight, but that's probably out of the question, so I'm making General Tso's chicken on the stove top instead. :)

Be safe Peach. I need to get around and get myself ready to go out for Chinese tonight. Not looking forward to it really with this arm, but oh well. We'll get it done. (And I bet Chris's chicken is good.)

Forum List

Back