USMB Coffee Shop IV

duZs-1sL

Nite Ollie.

I love Brussels sprouts! Loved them all of my life. They are yummy and good for your tummy. That is all.

I love Brussels sprouts! Loved them all of my life. They are yummy and good for your tummy. That is all.

Really? I love brussel sprouts, properly prepared, too. Can't get Hombre to touch them though. He delights in pointing out data (he found somewhere) that brussell sprouts are America's most hated vegetable.

Tonight we had lightly breaded porkchops fried just right, roasting ears on the cob, home made cole slaw, and stove top dressing for the starch. It was good.

And for the heck of it:

10402617_10152390677227808_1284901444246039603_n.jpg

Left-overs? Mrs. BBD fixed me a hamburger.

Good night BBD!

Last night I went to the corner store and brought home the biggest, juiciest hamburger you ever did see. I devoured it. This morning, 1.30am, I was up, feeling like I wanted to curl into a ball and die. I was so pale, and my face was turning this sickly shade of grey. I was in such pain. I suspect it may have been a touch of food poisoning, which is horrible to even think of, as our mates at the corner store are wonderful people. But I was the only person who ate a burger last night, and the only person to fall ill.

I was awake until 5am when I called work to say I wasn't coming in for my 6am shift. My boss answered the second time I called and asked for a medical certificate. As I am casual, I don't need to provide her with one. I find it rather insulting that she would want me to waste my time driving into town to a doctor (its a Sunday, too) who bulk bills (I cannot afford to pay right now) and risk exposing myself to other people's sickness. I should be at home resting - which is what I am doing.

Hope all is well with everyone here!

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Marg’s mom,
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Blackhawk’s mom,
Newby's mom,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Meister and his mom,
Testarosa
Drake's injured friend,
PixieStix's sister,
Hollie's stepdad,
Coyote's father-in-law,
Spoonie, Ringel, Sheila, and 007's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Avg-Joe & furry companion Boo
Pix,
Becki!!! and Becki’s hubby,
Smilebong for his brother-in-law and family,
Sheila and Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana and cousin,
Ringel and his family in transition and post surgery healing for Mrs. Ringel
Grandma and family dealing with death of extended family member,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Ollie's daughter Angie and his youngest brother,
Stat's aunt,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, and Sunshine.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Marg’s mom,
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Blackhawk’s mom,
Newby's mom,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Meister and his mom,
Testarosa
Drake's injured friend,
PixieStix's sister,
Hollie's stepdad,
Coyote's father-in-law,
Spoonie, Ringel, Sheila, and 007's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Avg-Joe & furry companion Boo
Pix,
Becki!!! and Becki’s hubby,
Smilebong for his brother-in-law and family,
Sheila and Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana and cousin,
Ringel and his family in transition and post surgery healing for Mrs. Ringel
Grandma and family dealing with death of extended family member,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Ollie's daughter Angie and his youngest brother,
Stat's aunt,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, and Sunshine.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

"Good Night".. the sun isn't even down yet...oh, I get it..Saturday Night.. :wink_2: .. :wink_2:

It was unsliced bread.

That was what I said!

My first thought was "sex" but that would mean sliced bread is better than sex, so that can't be right...

Can anybody tell me what the "best" thing was before sliced bread?
WONDER what was the best thing before sliced bread?

- beer
Toilet paper.

There it is. Sliced bread is better than toilet paper.

Gonna have to take your word for that Hoss.

Last edited:
Aw man... so busy all week. On Monday I had to have a tooth pulled, with one to go middle ways in July. Tonight I've been at work in this house for the past 7 hours doing some major redecorating to my room. I put in a new shelf and a new set of drawers. I packed two boxes worth of 120 VHS Cassette Tapes, which weighed nearly 50 lbs each, and disassembled an old shelf... I still need to sweep up and throw away some things. But my room is officially clean. With the 13 pounds I've lost in the past 6 weeks, I've had more stamina to do menial labor around the house, my strength is as it was when I was in high school. I was 282 as of April 30th. I am 269 as of yesterday.

I like where this is going.

Ah yes, and happy Fathers Day to all the dads out there.

Last edited:
Tonight we had lightly breaded porkchops fried just right, roasting ears on the cob, home made cole slaw, and stove top dressing for the starch. It was good.

And for the heck of it:

10402617_10152390677227808_1284901444246039603_n.jpg

Harumphhhhh! My cats didn't think that was funny........:D

Really? I love brussel sprouts, properly prepared, too. Can't get Hombre to touch them though. He delights in pointing out data (he found somewhere) that brussell sprouts are America's most hated vegetable.

Brussels sprouts are pretty much my favorite vegetable, but I love eggplant also.

Forum List

Back