USMB Coffee Shop IV

Today's "man of the cloth" (no. 2) drinking coffee.

BREAD-articleLarge.jpg

Rev. Matt Malone, editor in chief of the Jesuit weekly magazine America.

Nice article here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/08/n...rigued-by-politics-and-motivated-by-love.html

This is not a plug for or against religion in any way, just a public figure drinking coffee. He seems to be a fascinating person to me!

Now, that was the serious photo. Here is the fun one:

blacknarcissus17.jpg

David Ferrar, in in "Black Narcissus" (1947)

Good morning and Happy Father's Day to all of you fathers out there. Today did not start off well. Woke up to the sounds of running water. One of our crazy cats, Mouse, has a habit of turning on the water in the upstairs bathroom sink to get a drink of water. Well, last week, Mrs. BBD started putting a couple of Walmart plastic bags in the sink and it had been keeping the damned cat from getting in the sink and turning the water on. Well, it didn't work at 0500 this morning. I woke up and heard water running and went into the bathroom to check it out. The cat had turned the water on and the plastic bags kept the water from going down the drain. The whole bathroom floor was flooded and water had even leaked into the kitchen downstairs. Clean up in progress... I'm thinking that after I finish this clean up chore and have another cup of coffee I might just skin a cat alive this morning.

Last edited:
Sorry that I didn't make a comment about Father's Day, but in Germany, it is always celebrated on Ascension Thursday - so, I already celebrated Daddy's day with my little princess. But with a kid as wonderful as my daughter (and she is a joy, a true joy, the apple of papa's eye), every day I get to see her is Papa's day for me!

Speaking of Dads and kids, my little one and I just got back from our usual Sunday swimming routine. A friend of hers overnighted at our place last night, so we took her home after breakfast and then went to an indoor pool we like.

Just looked in the mirror and am seeing gills forming in my ribcage area....

:lol:

Little Miss Statalicious is now watching Barbie whilst Papa is grilling Chicken/Turkey bratwursts. Today it's brats, potato salad, cole slaw and pickles!!
Hey, [MENTION=45739]Jughead[/MENTION], yer missing another great German meal, dude!!!

You should see how her eyes shine when she gets to go swimming and then gets to watch a Barbie film. What a sweety.

Good morning everybody. I'm up and dressed and ready for church an hour early. I wish I was happier about it but I'm sure another cup of coffee or two will accomplish a satisfactory attitude adjustment. :)

Happy-Fathers-Day.jpg

Good morning and Happy Father's Day to all of you fathers out there. Today did not start off well. Woke up to the sounds of running water. One of our crazy cats, Mouse, has a habit of turning on the water in the upstairs bathroom sink to get a drink of water. Well, last week, Mrs. BBD started putting a couple of Walmart plastic bags in the sink and it had been keeping the damned cat from getting in the sink and turning the water on. Well, it didn't work at 0500 this morning. I woke up and heard water running and went into the bathroom to check it out. The cat had turned the water on and the plastic bags kept the water from going down the drain. The whole bathroom floor was flooded and water had even leaked into the kitchen downstairs. Clean up in progress... I'm thinking that after I finish this clean up chore and have another cup of coffee I might just skin a cat alive this morning.

There is more than one way to skin a cat.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELWpSM-H-8c]The Many Ways To Skin A Cat - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back