USMB Coffee Shop IV

Of course every situation is different, but....I am speaking of my own experience of not only being raised by bar owners, working in that bar when I was 21, having two small apparel businesses, managing small to large apartment complexes from Maui to Tahoe to LA to the valley surrounding Bakes and Fresno to here on the central coast.....a rep is hard to maintain once established. The property I had near Port Hueneme (Oxnard) had a really bad rep. Took me 1 year to clean it up where the Navy stopped black balling us due to the gangs and bad previous owners/managers. But clean it up, I did. I didn't fuck around doing it, either. Not saying Ernie is, just saying that sometimes, ya gotta SHOW patrons you mean business. Those screwing with the biz, those that want to continue going there without those that are screwing it up.
Dad and Ma both 86'd whores and lowlifes. It was a working mans/womans bar. Poker, pool table, cafe next door connected so they could eat while drinking while playing cards while playing pool or dart games after a hard day at work. Yes, whores tried to get clients there. Dad and Ma put a whoa to that right quick. No mercy, either. 86'd for life and all bartenders, waitresses, chip ladies and men...all knew WHO was 86'd and did what they were told to do. That Undercover Boss crap is exactly that. Crap. So is the show where they send in patrons and find the employees stealing and/or abusing their position. ALL of them should have been not only fired, but arrested for theft since most were doing exactly that. So I don't put much stock in that show.

Anyway..Ernie fought hard for that bar. Some skank flashing people and another skank getting customers to fuck..well....I'm like my Ma (shudder) and would 86 both as soon as I saw them come in the door. And if their pimps came in to get guys to go outside to meet the girls, they would be 86'd too. Period. No ands, ifs or butts about it. But, I ain't ernie, and I don't know the depth of what he is having to deal with. I'll just wish him good luck that he can get it all taken care of.:)

Problem is, drunks don't usually do what they are warned not to do. They go out of their way to be even more obnoxious. Just 86 her ass along with the other one plying her trade in your bar.
We do have many women who stop in who's butt I wouldn't mind seeing :D I'd hate to discourage the rare flash. Besides, she had a right to be a bit out of line. The other one has chased others from the bar and despite her daily $25 contribution to our coffers, is bad for business. She's gone and the other will be warned.

Ladies who come in for a good time and to find a one night stand are what bars are for. Same with men. But when it's their business........(cough).....and they charge a fee instead of justing wanting to dance all night, spend money AT the bar, dress to catch a guy, etc....vs being a whore..well. Big difference.

Personally, if I did the bar thing, I would not want to hang out at one that had hookers there looking for a client. But thats me.

Ladies who come in for a good time and to find a one night stand are what bars are for. Same with men. But when it's their business........(cough).....and they charge a fee instead of justing wanting to dance all night, spend money AT the bar, dress to catch a guy, etc....vs being a whore..well. Big difference.

Personally, if I did the bar thing, I would not want to hang out at one that had hookers there looking for a client. But thats me.
I used to hang out at bars that had hookers....... Olongapo, San Diego, Panama City........ home...... (when the wife wasn't working..... :eusa_whistle: )

Yer a guy, lol. Of course you did. :lol:
I hung out at my parents bar too....mostly just to play pool.

Thank goodness, professional football pre-season is almost over; however. . . .

11866292_1111101528908736_3073081273380655716_n.jpg

There was two ladies..twins...that hung out at ma and pa's bar, but they knew the rules. No client hunting. Nice ladies, both of them. Ma even hired one of them to work in the cafe during the day so she was free at night to do her "other job", which happened other than their bar.
I bartended for a short while, but I found I have no patience for drunks, so..ma fired me.:lol:

Hi Folks..........Foxfyre is leading me thru a test run so I will know how to get in here to keep you up to date on her surgery. So far, so good!
Hey Hombre!!! Nice to finally *meet* you!!
You take good care of her now, ya hear? We all here in the coffee shop will hold down the fort for her but we will most assuredly want updates on her progress!

last week when I made Maryland stuffed ham I burned the top of my foot when a hot piece of cabbage dropped on it after I took it out of the stock pot. Noticed a few days later that it was a serious (very small) burn then the next day it started looking green....... Okay, used my tried and true home remedy, applied a salt bandage before I went to bed and in the morning the infection was gone. :thup:

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ernie,
Foxfyre,
WQ's mom Dorothy and Aunt Bev,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

beautiful-living-space-14.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

So, mom is fine. We went out for lunch too, and then I didn't feel like going back to work, so I used more of my PTO time today. I know, I'm a bad girl. :oops: Whenever I have to do something that messes with my schedule, I have a difficult time motivating myself. I don't know why.

I don't think there is a 'why' but I think we all feel that way to a certain extent. I'm curious though. Working from home are you paid by the hour and are expected to keep a set schedule? Or are you paid by the pieces of work that you do and can do that at any point in a 24 hours period so long as you meet a deadline?

I get paid by lines typed. They have a "formula" to figure that all out, such as so many characters typed is equal to a line, so it's not really an ACTUAL line of text but what they define as a line of text. I think, though I'm not entirely sure, that 25 characters is equal to a line of text. However, spaces and returns do not count. :)

As far as my schedule goes, I can set my own hours and change them whenever I want, but I do have to stick to my agreed upon schedule. I can do split shifts though and I can also take someone else's schedule if they are going to be out. It's a little complicated and hard to explain. Lol.

Forum List

Back