USMB Coffee Shop IV

IMG_20151021_145554271_HDR.jpg

IMG_20151021_151014558.jpg

IMG_20151021_145241056_HDR.jpg

In this picture the tan section is the river, the grey thing is someone's city trash bin that was washed down. I'll post some more once I've wiped a couple of identifying items out of the pictures.

The side street is a literal river and out back where the roof runoff is there's a pile of hail 2 feet deep.

It has been raining here fairly steadily since mid afternoon yesterday--there have been a couple of short lulls so that Hombre has been able to take Sally out for her constitutional, but those lulls have been far and few between. We got one heavy burst with hail yesterday afternoon, but otherwise it has been a slow soaker. But we really needed that. But its COLD. . . .brrrr. They're predicting snow over the higher terrain tonight.

What's the temp there?

Right now, at 3:34 mountain time, it is 49 degrees but the rain feels like ice hitting the skin.

It seems like you are getting the weather I should be having right now! ;)

In this picture the tan section is the river, the grey thing is someone's city trash bin that was washed down. I'll post some more once I've wiped a couple of identifying items out of the pictures.

Wow!

Nice pool, BTW! :D
Pool.....yeah...... The storm added an inch of water to the pool, have to drain it down some and with the wind I now have a major clean up job to do, all those leaves and debris I have to net out but I'll wait till the storms are long gone. Metal pole with the scoop net attached to it....... :eusa_whistle:
The mulberry tree is shredded.

IMG_20151021_145602955.jpg

It was much more "full" before the storm.

Wow!

Pool.....yeah...... The storm added an inch of water to the pool, have to drain it down some and with the wind I now have a major clean up job to do, all those leaves and debris I have to net out but I'll wait till the storms are long gone. Metal pole with the scoop net attached to it....... :eusa_whistle:

Is it normally warm enough there to use it all year round?

Oh, I forgot to mention that my physical for my hospital job is on Friday. I start on November 3. :) So, as long as I'm healthy and stuff, I'm good to go. They asked for my immunization records. I was like, geez, I'm 37 years old! I don't have that! I wouldn't have any idea about how to find those records. I'm sure the pediatrician my mom took me too is no longer in practice. Anyways, they just said they would draw some blood and check. I don't know how they would go about telling if I had immunizations as an infant or baby, but whatever. :dunno:

Wow!

Is it normally warm enough there to use it all year round?
No, over the last month it's been steadily dropping in temp so I take my "Eskimo" swims (very quick laps). Right now if i was to dive in I'd want a heater near by, very near by........ :lol:

We've acclimated to the summer temps down here, upper 90s to low 100s, it's currently 65 degrees and breezy (plus it's still raining) so it's chilly for us. As for the pool during the summer the pool temp will get to around 89 degrees and that's pretty comfortable but when it drops down to 85 and lower the water starts feeling chilly, lower than 70 degrees and it feels cold. It's probably down in the lower 60s right this minute.

Frozen-frozen-freeze-winter-smiley-emoticon-000590-large.gif

We've acclimated to the summer temps down here, upper 90s to low 100s, it's currently 65 degrees and breezy (plus it's still raining) so it's chilly for us. As for the pool during the summer the pool temp will get to around 89 degrees and that's pretty comfortable but when it drops down to 85 and lower the water starts feeling chilly, lower than 70 degrees and it feels cold. It's probably down in the lower 60s right this minute.

You need one of these!

Solar Covers - Leslie's Poolapedia

You need one of these!

That's one option another is to run black hose from a submersed pump, coil the hose on an open space then feed it back into the pool, the sun heats the water in the hose. Great down here with all the sun we get.

pool-solar-collectors.jpg

First day in many that we've had sunshine. It's still not freezing although we had a frost this morning. It didn't last very long. The HR lady at the university finished proof-reading my attachments for my job application. She left the resume alone but had some minor suggestions for my cover letter and a major re-write for my "Philosophy of Teaching". She said it was a little wordy and she tried to tighten up the writing style a bit. I'll have to take a closer look and see whether I like the changes. More likely, I'll cobble together a compromise between her suggestions and my original. I really don't see why I would not get this job. I have been doing it part-time for 15 years. But you never know.
I've been working on a catalog of my DVD collection. I've done it before but when I changed over to Windows 8, I couldn't open the old database. Seems like I own mostly comedy, scify, and horror flicks. Lots of other stuff mixed in, like TV costume dramas (The Tudors, Outlander).
Well, guess I should go secure the milk for my Thursday morning delivery. I made some pepper-jack cheese to trade for moose meat. I admit I didn't really hunt that hard because I could just not face the prospect of processing 800-900 lbs of meat.

You need one of these!

That's one option another is to run black hose from a submersed pump, coil the hose on an open space then feed it back into the pool, the sun heats the water in the hose. Great down here with all the sun we get.

pool-solar-collectors.jpg

How much does a system like that cost?

First day in many that we've had sunshine. It's still not freezing although we had a frost this morning. It didn't last very long. The HR lady at the university finished proof-reading my attachments for my job application. She left the resume alone but had some minor suggestions for my cover letter and a major re-write for my "Philosophy of Teaching". She said it was a little wordy and she tried to tighten up the writing style a bit. I'll have to take a closer look and see whether I like the changes. More likely, I'll cobble together a compromise between her suggestions and my original. I really don't see why I would not get this job. I have been doing it part-time for 15 years. But you never know.
I've been working on a catalog of my DVD collection. I've done it before but when I changed over to Windows 8, I couldn't open the old database. Seems like I own mostly comedy, scify, and horror flicks. Lots of other stuff mixed in, like TV costume dramas (The Tudors, Outlander).
Well, guess I should go secure the milk for my Thursday morning delivery. I made some pepper-jack cheese to trade for moose meat. I admit I didn't really hunt that hard because I could just not face the prospect of processing 800-900 lbs of meat.

Good luck to you, GW! :) Hope you get it!

The side street is a literal river and out back where the roof runoff is there's a pile of hail 2 feet deep.

Two feet deep ! that is a number I can understand. I see that America has not gone metric like Britain.
In Britain they talk of millimetres and metres and I never relate to anything metric, because I was brought up and educated before metric was introduced. I just cannot adjust my mind to visualise any kind of metric measures or weights.

This morning I woke up so early I found there were no mods online. I thought about posting something outrageous but then realized the mods would turn up and censor me. Ha!

Two feet deep ! that is a number I can understand. I see that America has not gone metric like Britain.
In Britain they talk of millimetres and metres and I never relate to anything metric, because I was brought up and educated before metric was introduced. I just cannot adjust my mind to visualise any kind of metric measures or weights.

Although I would probably have the same problems, I have long wished the US would switch to the metric system. It just makes more sense. :p

Although I would probably have the same problems, I have long wished the US would switch to the metric system. It just makes more sense. :p

Metric may make more sense if you were brought up with it, but it still means nothing to me. I am just too old to learn new tricks.

Last edited:

Metric may make more sense if you were brought up with it, but it still means nothing to me. I am just to old to learn new tricks.

Heh, I mean it makes more sense in that it runs off of a base-10 system, not the seemingly random conglomeration of numbers the US measuring systems do. :)

Forum List

Back