USMB Coffee Shop IV

Sometimes football is about rising talent and heroes.

I suppose. Rothlisberger for instance is my highest rated quarterback, but since his injury he has been out and was pretty limited when he came back. So all the experts advised to sit him and play somebody else yesterday. So Carson Palmer turned in a mediocre performance for me yesterday while Rothlisberger, who I had sitting on the bench, passed for well over 400 yards. If I had played him I could have beaten the #1 team in our league. Sigh.

I benched Brady in favor of Palmer this week in the USMB league I'm in. Woops! Luckily it didn't matter. I'm dominating that league. :)
I wish you all would speak English........ :eusa_whistle:

:D

Oh sorry. Here's a translator for you:

Fantasy Football Glossary

:)

Third Servile War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Then scroll down to Capuan revolt ^

Maybe I should have put this in History forum, but...I prefer to hang in here, so.....there ya are. Info about Spartacus and what it all led to.
If anyone has NOT seen it on Starz...I recommend watching it.
However, you need to know the order in which to watch it.

Season 2 first. It leads up to Crixus and eventually Spartacus as new gladiators. (The writers and producers had to do it this way because the actor that played Spartacus, Andy Whitfield, was in chemo for cancer and all thought he would be back for Season 3 and 4. He died, so they had to fill in season 2 with a back story of Batiatus (owner of gladiators) and how he started as such.)

Then Season 1, where Spartcas is now in the picture and meets Crixus....and escape.

Seasons 4 and 5. The war they started against the romans and it's results.

Last edited:
12239953_937132819686130_2037061112859241295_n.jpg

There was a house in my home town where a tree had actually grown right through the roof of the garage and that is how they left it for a long time. I think it's been renovated since and the tree cut down. Maybe the tree died. Not sure. :) I looked to see if there was a picture of it, but I can't find one. I always thought that was so neat when I was a kid walking by though!

Just heard a pack of coyotes raising holy hell out in the back yard. Sounded really close. Maybe they took a deer down out there.
Just glad Hobbes was safely inside at the time.

Man, their shrieking was ringing all through these mountains -- from inside I thought some neighbors up the hill were bludgeoning each other. It was enough to wake the dead. :eek:

Oh my. As we sort of have helped Hobbes grow up over all these months, how terrible it would be to lose him that way. But when we lived up on the mountain, I chose to adopt a larger dog that would not be at risk from the golden eagles, owls, and foxes, but he would have been no match for a determined coyote. And it took a very smart cat to survive outside up there. We did have our entire acreage behind the house enclosed with coyote fence so there wasn't much danger when the dog was out there.
I lost a cat to foxes. Her name was CC and she was one of three daughters of Meemaw. But CC insisted on being outside and I could never recapture her. One night, I heard a godawful caterwauling and later determined that CC had finally been apprehended by the fox family living under my car-hauler trailer.

Busy day at Doc's Thursday night a loyal customer and valued frien was beaten by his drugged out nephew out in the parking lot. He has some facial fractures and lots of stitches but will be OK.
The nephew has been arrested and charged with assault 2nd degree.
Then we got word today, (Friday) that our security/barback's dad passed away today.
That, and I had a date tonight.
Holy Cow!! That sucks!!!

Just heard a pack of coyotes raising holy hell out in the back yard. Sounded really close. Maybe they took a deer down out there.

Man, their shrieking was ringing all through these mountains -- from inside I thought some neighbors up the hill were bludgeoning each other. It was enough to wake the dead. :eek:

Oh my. As we sort of have helped Hobbes grow up over all these months, how terrible it would be to lose him that way. But when we lived up on the mountain, I chose to adopt a larger dog that would not be at risk from the golden eagles, owls, and foxes, but he would have been no match for a determined coyote. And it took a very smart cat to survive outside up there. We did have our entire acreage behind the house enclosed with coyote fence so there wasn't much danger when the dog was out there.
I lost a cat to foxes. Her name was CC and she was one of three daughters of Meemaw. But CC insisted on being outside and I could never recapture her. One night, I heard a godawful caterwauling and later determined that CC had finally been apprehended by the fox family living under my car-hauler trailer.

Well I did my recon the next day, saw nothing out there in the woods at all, and let Hobbes out again. Have not heard the coyotes again.

He generally doesn't wander far from the house though, unless I do.

Busy day at Doc's Thursday night a loyal customer and valued frien was beaten by his drugged out nephew out in the parking lot. He has some facial fractures and lots of stitches but will be OK.
Then we got word today, (Friday) that our security/barback's dad passed away today.
Holy Cow!! That sucks!!!

I know, right? Imagine having to be on a date with .... Ernie.

:scared1:

Last part sounds the most dangerous...

If you are not in the dating pool, consider yourself lucky. There are a LOT of weirdos and liars out there. :)

Several of my closest friends and relatives who are single would agree with you. Most tell me it requires quite a few 'interesting' dates before they have one with a person they think could even possibly be a keeper, and most of those eventually don't work out. But if they have their own priorities and values straight, they usually do eventually find their soul mate and many have entered into successful long term relationships and/or marriages. That assumes they aren't among the wieidos themselves. :)

I really try not to be a weirdo. :lol:
I''ll confess to being a weirdo. I've been riveted to five seasons of "Downton Abbey".

Holy Cow!! That sucks!!!

Holy Cow!! That sucks!!!

Holy Cow!! That sucks!!!

A date with Ernie...or with you? Uh....yeah, kinda freaky...

That is terrible. :(

We have foxes around here too. I saw one once early in the morning. I've heard things screaming in the woods before too. I think it might have been rabbits though. :( Poor little bunnies.

At one time I saw three foxes meet up in my garden in broad daylight. Another time two of them were romping around doing what I imagine was foreplay, again in the middle of the afternoon.

We have foxes around here too. I saw one once early in the morning. I've heard things screaming in the woods before too. I think it might have been rabbits though. :( Poor little bunnies.
You'd hate nature shows about predators........ Bunnies are food for a lot of animals.

You'd hate nature shows about predators........ Bunnies are food for a lot of animals.

Well geez, I wasn't born yesterday. :D You are right though, I don't enjoy watching that or hearing animals screaming. I have and I do occasionally because the shows are interesting, but I don't like those parts at all.

Well geez, I wasn't born yesterday. :D You are right though, I don't enjoy watching that or hearing animals screaming. I have and I do occasionally because the shows are interesting, but I don't like those parts at all.
One of the wife's neighbors when she was growing up used to shoot squirrels and rabbits to feed the foxes and bald eagle that lived on his property.

Good morning everybody. All is as well as can be expected at the Foxfyre & Hombre household. Today is decorate the house for Christmas day and I'm looking forward to that for the first time in a long time. Even with this cursed frozen shoulder that continues to be painful and limiting, I am feeling better than I have in years and have so much more energy than I have had for years and can do things I haven't been able to do easily for years. Sometimes surgery is truly a miracle.

So hoping for a good Tuesday for everybody.

Forum List

Back