USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning everybody. All is as well as can be expected at the Foxfyre & Hombre household. Today is decorate the house for Christmas day and I'm looking forward to that for the first time in a long time. Even with this cursed frozen shoulder that continues to be painful and limiting, I am feeling better than I have in years and have so much more energy than I have had for years and can do things I haven't been able to do easily for years. Sometimes surgery is truly a miracle.

So hoping for a good Tuesday for everybody.

Good news! :)

wish_you_congratulation_1084155384.jpg

We put up our Christmas tree a few days ago, and that means it is Elf on the Shelf time. A month of hiding Elfsa the elf doll each night for the little one. Sometimes I wonder if she really believes that the elf moves around by herself at night or if she's just playing along. :p

Merry Xmas to me, from me. I had to go to the doc today, and while I was at it, I stopped off at Best Buy, planning to get a 27" monitor for the pc since I have to still squint with my 22". They didn't have what I saw online at their website, so before I left, the guy asked me why not get a tv and use that as a monitor? I said ok....where are the tvs? So..he leads me to a 32" Insignia...priced at 149 bucks. I said ok. I'll take it. Brought it home and it would not hook up to the pc since its a spanking new tv with different ports than what my pc will take (the blue screw in thingies). So...I decided to use the new tv as my tv, and my regular tv for the monitor. Now I have a 40" monitor in front of me. Everything is so BIG! I CAN SEE! No more squinting!
And, I didn't even know it, but the 32" new tv has a built in dvd player to boot, in the side of it. Slide the disc in....voila!

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre's sore back and painful shoulder,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Gracie's fur friend Karma,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Spoonman, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

thumb2-forest-winter-cabin-night-snow.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

I had a rabbit that lived in the house, but it started eating the furniture, so it was banished to the shed.

Mine tries to on occasion, but he isn't out without supervision, and I just distract him and he usually stops. Of course he has made holes in my throw pillows that he likes to attack. He really attacks them too! I just ended up giving them them to him as toys. :lol: They have a ton of little holes in them now with all the stuffing falling out.

Merry Xmas to me, from me. I had to go to the doc today, and while I was at it, I stopped off at Best Buy, planning to get a 27" monitor for the pc since I have to still squint with my 22". They didn't have what I saw online at their website, so before I left, the guy asked me why not get a tv and use that as a monitor? I said ok....where are the tvs? So..he leads me to a 32" Insignia...priced at 149 bucks. I said ok. I'll take it. Brought it home and it would not hook up to the pc since its a spanking new tv with different ports than what my pc will take (the blue screw in thingies). So...I decided to use the new tv as my tv, and my regular tv for the monitor. Now I have a 40" monitor in front of me. Everything is so BIG! I CAN SEE! No more squinting!
And, I didn't even know it, but the 32" new tv has a built in dvd player to boot, in the side of it. Slide the disc in....voila!
You're still using a VGA cable??!!!! How friggin' old is you're computer??!!! Hell that thing belongs in the Smithsonian!!!!!

Gracie, look on the back of your computer, which do you see;

computer-video-cables.jpg

And these;

connectors.gif

I ask because VGA is very old, very slow technology, if you have DVI on both the computer and TV use it, if you have HDMI on both use it instead (HDMI being the best).

HDMI port and cable;

hdmi-port.jpg

HDMI-1.jpg

I had a rabbit that lived in the house, but it started eating the furniture, so it was banished to the shed.

Mine tries to on occasion, but he isn't out without supervision, and I just distract him and he usually stops. Of course he has made holes in my throw pillows that he likes to attack. He really attacks them too! I just ended up giving them them to him as toys. :lol: They have a ton of little holes in them now with all the stuffing falling out.

I had a coat that I used to wear to let my birdy bite it. She absolutely ripped it to shreds over the years. I think she thought she was preening me..

This one is for GW who I think said last year he couldn't have a Christmas tree because it was too tempting for his cats?

1524739_10151845354739013_259774304_n.jpg

It's been real cold here for several days. This morning it was 18.
Yet all of the humming birds are doing just fine. Seems that they have adapted by molting for winter, like all of the other year round birds here. :)

Went to get our monthly groceries this morning, it really helps with the senior citizen discount. We saved over 62.00.

Yet all of the humming birds are doing just fine. Seems that they have adapted by molting for winter, like all of the other year round birds here. :)

Went to get our monthly groceries this morning, it really helps with the senior citizen discount. We saved over 62.00.

First Wednesday of the month is senior citizens discount day at the grocery store too. And you're right, it can make a difference but we get a 10% discount and we never spend $600+ at a whack. :)

First Wednesday of the month is senior citizens discount day at the grocery store too. And you're right, it can make a difference but we get a 10% discount and we never spend $600+ at a whack. :)

Our monthly food bill is usually 200.00 to 300.00 each month.

Our monthly food bill is usually 200.00 to 300.00 each month.

I was just teasing you about your $62+ in savings. :) With all the loss leaders and coupons etc. available at our local Albertsons we usually have that much taken off our grocery bill too. We should, but we don't separate the actual food items from cleaning supplies and other non-food items that we buy at the local super market and that does distort the actual amount we pay for food.

Forum List

Back