USMB Coffee Shop IV

OK I think I just set some kind of record.

Just now, today December 9th -- I ate the last tomato from my own plant. Fresh, not preserved.

Full disclosure: (a) there were a couple of nights last month when I brought plants inside so they wouldn't freeze, as they still had fruits; and (b) this one was green when finally picked and ripened in the kitchen.

Just had my last homegrown bell pepper on the weekend too :)

That is pretty awesome. We had an unusally long growing season this fall too, but a couple of really hard, prolonged freezes at the end of November brought it to a halt.

I'm back from driving myself to physical therapy, which I am very proud of, and I am now recovered from being bent and stretched and pummeled and gouged and poked and twisted unmercifully. And I'm okay. :)

this-ride-will-be-epic-funny-demotivational-posters.jpg

Never knew looking for specific type of ribbon would be so difficult....... Spent an hour searching for 1 1/2 to 2 inch pure silk or silk/cotton blend grosgrain ribbon in a dark/chocolate brown.... Doesn't anyone use natural fabric any more......??!!

Never knew looking for specific type of ribbon would be so difficult....... Spent an hour searching for 1 1/2 to 2 inch pure silk or silk/cotton blend grosgrain ribbon in a dark/chocolate brown.... Doesn't anyone use natural fabric any more......??!!

My mom used to buy ribbon all the time. My hair was always up when I was a child with matching ribbons for every one of my outfits. I have no idea where she got them though. What about Michael's? Do you have those in your area?

I wish ChrisL and Bonzi were here....

Probably not nearly as much motion between the two of us! :lol:

I was expecting a reference to the condition of the seat. :lol:

Well, this is the Coffee Shop. Have to behave. :D

Only up to a point. We consider this an adult coffee shop and while we refrain from politics, religion, or heavy controversy etc., and a certain degree of propriety is warranted, there is no rule against having fun. :)

My mom used to buy ribbon all the time. My hair was always up when I was a child with matching ribbons for every one of my outfits. I have no idea where she got them though. What about Michael's? Do you have those in your area?

Good suggestion. Michaels or Hobby Lobby or a fabric store would probably have it.

Good suggestion. Michaels or Hobby Lobby or a fabric store would probably have it.
Yes they do in pure poly or cotton rayon blends........ Polyester and rayon did not exist in the 1870s...........

5 AM Thursday morning, I can't sleep. I have been awake for two hours already. What to do?

That is a problem Dajjal and I've had to deal with that a lot too since my bad shoulder has pretty well disrupted my sleep cycle. There's always reruns on TV or computer games.

5 AM Thursday morning, I can't sleep. I have been awake for two hours already. What to do?

That is a problem Dajjal and I've had to deal with that a lot too since my bad shoulder has pretty well disrupted my sleep cycle. There's always reruns on TV or computer games.

Still here at 6AM, no point going back to bed now. I might watch some DVDs

Happy Wednesday !

Today we are getting a new bathroom floor put in.
It is really going to look nice, I can hardly wait till it's finished. :biggrin:
The tiles look like this one
floor-design-beautiful-picture-of-square-light-brown-vinyl-forbo-linoleum-tile-flooring-for-home-interior-floor-design-and-decoration-ideas-lovely-pictures-of-home-interior-decoration-with-forbo-linol.jpg

animals-33.jpg

Beautiful color. Of course we'll need pics when it is done. :)

Lol! I think we pretty much posted the same thing at the same time! :D Owe me a coke! Or do I owe you one? :eusa_think:

Let's just share a couple of cokes in unity. (I would prefer a rootbeer though.) :)

Hey, I like root beer too! Barq's is my favorite. I find Mugg to be a little too sweet, which is strange because normally I prefer sweet. :D
Try Virgil's Root Beer. It's the real deal all natural stuff.

Yes they do in pure poly or cotton rayon blends........ Polyester and rayon did not exist in the 1870s...........

But will anybody really look closely enough to discern the 'modern' aspects of the ribbon?

Forum List

Back