USMB Coffee Shop IV

HEADS UP everybody. Hombre and I will be headed to Texas sometime in the morning and will return on Tuesday. With the itinerary we have planned, internet service may be iffy at times, especially Monday and Monday night. So if I'm not posting, don't worry, I'm fine. And please hold the fort here. I'll be back to my normal bossy self by Tuesday afternoon.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre's sore back and painful shoulder,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Gracie's fur friend Karma,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan, Spoonman, 007, BBD and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

GaudisHouse.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Never knew looking for specific type of ribbon would be so difficult....... Spent an hour searching for 1 1/2 to 2 inch pure silk or silk/cotton blend grosgrain ribbon in a dark/chocolate brown.... Doesn't anyone use natural fabric any more......??!!

My mom used to buy ribbon all the time. My hair was always up when I was a child with matching ribbons for every one of my outfits. I have no idea where she got them though. What about Michael's? Do you have those in your area?

Good suggestion. Michaels or Hobby Lobby or a fabric store would probably have it.
Yes they do in pure poly or cotton rayon blends........ Polyester and rayon did not exist in the 1870s...........

But will anybody really look closely enough to discern the 'modern' aspects of the ribbon?
I will......... Besides, it's a safety issue also, man made fabrics are instant torches if they catch on fire and they stick to the skin and continue to burn, natural fabrics burn much slower, they tend to smolder and don't stick to the skin when on fire. In reenacting/living history one spends a lot of time around open fires........

5 AM Thursday morning, I can't sleep. I have been awake for two hours already. What to do?

That is a problem Dajjal and I've had to deal with that a lot too since my bad shoulder has pretty well disrupted my sleep cycle. There's always reruns on TV or computer games.
I was really tired today for some reason. No pain except for a hitch in my lower back, but fatiqued mostly. I laid down at 3pm and slept til 7pm. Looks like I will be up all night playing games or on netflix. Or Pinterest.

HEADS UP everybody. Hombre and I will be headed to Texas sometime in the morning and will return on Tuesday. With the itinerary we have planned, internet service may be iffy at times, especially Monday and Monday night. So if I'm not posting, don't worry, I'm fine. And please hold the fort here. I'll be back to my normal bossy self by Tuesday afternoon.

Pretty sure your bossy button is broken.

5 AM Thursday morning, I can't sleep. I have been awake for two hours already. What to do?

That is a problem Dajjal and I've had to deal with that a lot too since my bad shoulder has pretty well disrupted my sleep cycle. There's always reruns on TV or computer games.
I was really tired today for some reason. No pain except for a hitch in my lower back, but fatiqued mostly. I laid down at 3pm and slept til 7pm. Looks like I will be up all night playing games or on netflix. Or Pinterest.
I got about 5 hours sleep last night, ran a couple of errands this morning, ate lunch and that was it, couldn't keep my eyes open, Slept for 3 hours but woke up severely sinusy and feeling like I didn't get much rest at all.

Happy Wednesday !

Today we are getting a new bathroom floor put in.
It is really going to look nice, I can hardly wait till it's finished. :biggrin:
The tiles look like this one
floor-design-beautiful-picture-of-square-light-brown-vinyl-forbo-linoleum-tile-flooring-for-home-interior-floor-design-and-decoration-ideas-lovely-pictures-of-home-interior-decoration-with-forbo-linol.jpg

animals-33.jpg

Beautiful color. Of course we'll need pics when it is done. :)

Lol! I think we pretty much posted the same thing at the same time! :D Owe me a coke! Or do I owe you one? :eusa_think:

Let's just share a couple of cokes in unity. (I would prefer a rootbeer though.) :)

Hey, I like root beer too! Barq's is my favorite. I find Mugg to be a little too sweet, which is strange because normally I prefer sweet. :D
Try Virgil's Root Beer. It's the real deal all natural stuff.

I've never seen that kind before.

Have a nice trip, Foxy! Don't worry about a thing. We'll be good. :eusa_shifty:

I got about 5 hours sleep last night, ran a couple of errands this morning, ate lunch and that was it, couldn't keep my eyes open, Slept for 3 hours but woke up severely sinusy and feeling like I didn't get much rest at all.
I finally got to bed at around 4am and slept til 11am. If it keeps raining like it is, I might head to bed early tonight. I do NOT like sleeping that late so I want to get back to the 7-10am wake up times again. Which means going to bed earlier.

Morning!
Hope you all have a great weekend.
Our new bathroom floor has been put on hold for a little bit because the guy doing has a bad head cold.
I will see when it does get finished if I can get pics for you all to see. :)

animals-34.jpg

Another night where I didn't get to sleep till after 3 AM, for some reason I can't seem to shut my mind off.
Well I'm up, the "kids" are fed and I'm on my first cup of coffee, normally by this time I've gone out and fed the birds at least an hour ago. I'm sitting here waking the laptop up and hear a loud thud behind me, the pigeons have taken to flying into the glass slider on purpose if they aren't fed on time........ kind of a "here we are" reminder........ :lol:

Another night where I didn't get to sleep till after 3 AM, for some reason I can't seem to shut my mind off.
Well I'm up, the "kids" are fed and I'm on my first cup of coffee, normally by this time I've gone out and fed the birds at least an hour ago. I'm sitting here waking the laptop up and hear a loud thud behind me, the pigeons have taken to flying into the glass slider on purpose if they aren't fed on time........ kind of a "here we are" reminder........ :lol:

Ugh. I hear you. I had a difficult time sleeping last night too. I think my schedule is still a little messed up from my third shift training period, but it's a lot better thankfully.

Forum List

Back