USMB Coffee Shop IV

Been growing out my hair, going for the Ben Franklin look........ In the meantime my hair grows in every direction and it's at that stage where it's quite obvious...... The wife told me today I look like Dilbert's Pointy Haired boss........

latest

Do any of you thrift shop?

I find treasures and sell them...I sell old vintage chiffon and satin nightgowns of the 40's, 50's 60's all over the world.
I hunt for them, clean and sew them.
I love it!
Yup! It's how I make extra much needed money in this day and age. Do you sell what you find on ebay or do you have a shop?

Do any of you thrift shop?

I find treasures and sell them...I sell old vintage chiffon and satin nightgowns of the 40's, 50's 60's all over the world.
I hunt for them, clean and sew them.
I love it!
Yup! It's how I make extra much needed money in this day and age. Do you sell what you find on ebay or do you have a shop?
I have a store on Ebay,how about you?

I've been doing ebay since 1998, when they first started. Was a power seller for awhile until they pissed me off then I slowed down and opened another brick and mortar. Then closed that when they sold the building to someone from pakistan that was going to triple the rent. Went back to selling smalls on ebay, then got pissed off again at them. Now I just target other sellers. I get my profit, they get theirs. I guess I am the middleman?

I find my nightgowns to be an art, taking the pictures is.calming, I just do it because it is fun. I have a closet full that I need to list, and update. Being sick I just kept running the same stuff...I am ready to pick up the speed.
I tried selling on craiglist and almost got scammed. My bank caught it...scary

Are you afraid of strange people coming to your house?

I find my nightgowns to be an art, taking the pictures is.calming, I just do it because it is fun. I have a closet full that I need to list, and update. Being sick I just kept running the same stuff...I am ready to pick up the speed.
I tried selling on craiglist and almost got scammed. My bank caught it...scary

Are you afraid of strange people coming to your house?
Not really. I make sure someone is home with me when I do have something to sell on CL and I have rules. They can only come between certain hours, EXACT cash only for whatever it is I am selling. Otherwise, I just call the local dealers and let them know I got stuff. I know them all because we used to be in competition, lol. Or, they call me.

Learning more about Gracie and Eaglewings tonight and it's fascinating not to mention thinking of Ringel as Dilbert instead of Captain Jack Sparrow :) Has been a pretty busy Sunday for us and Hombre has a doctor's appointment in the morning, so I'm turning in early.

Was looking for a photo for the vigil list sign off tonight and coincidentally ran across the one posted. Does anybody remember the movie the scene is from?

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre's sore back and painful shoulder,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Gracie's fur friend Karma,
Mr. Kat
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Againsheila, Alan1, Noomi, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

27380-the-day-after-tomorrow-snow-in-new-york.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Good morning all. Finishing up my Budwig protocol shake for breakfast and then off to the shower and make myself presentable - early church service and then likely to brunch somewhere--I don't eat much brunch because the shake really fills you up for hours. Then two more football games today. Did I mention I am going to be soooooo glad when football season is done?

Noting dangerous sub zero temps in upper Midwest and maybe northeast. Those of you in those parts be careful. I just sort of heard it in passing, but minus 33 in Minneapolis overnight? That's serious cold.

We got some snow overnight, about 2 inches.

Learning more about Gracie and Eaglewings tonight and it's fascinating not to mention thinking of Ringel as Dilbert instead of Captain Jack Sparrow :) Has been a pretty busy Sunday for us and Hombre has a doctor's appointment in the morning, so I'm turning in early.

Was looking for a photo for the vigil list sign off tonight and coincidentally ran across the one posted. Does anybody remember the movie the scene is from?

TK, and TK's grandma,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Mr. Kat

And the light is left on for Againsheila, Alan1, Noomi, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

2012 is the name of the movie . . . I think? :)

Good morning all. Finishing up my Budwig protocol shake for breakfast and then off to the shower and make myself presentable - early church service and then likely to brunch somewhere--I don't eat much brunch because the shake really fills you up for hours. Then two more football games today. Did I mention I am going to be soooooo glad when football season is done?

Noting dangerous sub zero temps in upper Midwest and maybe northeast. Those of you in those parts be careful. I just sort of heard it in passing, but minus 33 in Minneapolis overnight? That's serious cold.

We got some snow overnight, about 2 inches.

You didn't really expect to be left out of all the joys of winter most of the rest of us enjoy did you? (Ducks and runs)

TK, and TK's grandma,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Mr. Kat

Good try but no. That's not the movie.

Good morning everybody. Up and at it but will need to run shortly to get ready to go with Hombre to his doctor's appointment with the orthopedic. I want to be there in case there is a discussion of surgery. (He has a bad hip.)

Among those things I learned this week. . .all my life I have been peeling bananas from the stem end. This week I saw somebody say this was all wrong and that you should peel the banana from the other end. So I've been trying it and they were absolutely right. Much easier and more efficient.

TK, and TK's grandma,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Mr. Kat

The Day After Tomorrow, with......oh, what's his name.....Dennis Quaid (I couldn't remember, had to look it up :lol:).

TK, and TK's grandma,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Mr. Kat

The Day After Tomorrow, with......oh, what's his name.....Dennis Quaid (I couldn't remember, had to look it up :lol:).

Oh yeah, I think you might be right.

TK, and TK's grandma,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Mr. Kat

I can't even remember which disaster movie 2012 was. Was that a bunch of earthquakes with John Cusack?

TK, and TK's grandma,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Mr. Kat

I can't even remember which disaster movie 2012 was. Was that a bunch of earthquakes with John Cusack?
Yeah, it was the Mayan Calendar end of the world thing.

Yup, it (the picture) was Day After Tomorrow, great fantasy, sci-fi movie, the effects were awesome.

The actual science left something to be desired, but I don't watch movies to be educated. The characters, story line, special effects, sound track--all were great. One of my favorite disaster movies ever.

Forum List

Back