USMB Coffee Shop IV

2 officers from the Gulf Shores Police Department carried the Gulf Shores Marching Band's banner in the parade in Orange Beach (next town to the east) parade which they would have participated in.

Two sick days in a row this week. What did I expect? Days of temperatures in the sixties and even seventies followed by a weekend of thirties and twenties. Of course I caught cold. Runny nose, a voice as smooth as burlap, general fatigue has been my lot since late Sunday evening.

Slept until 10:00 am today. Drank a quart of orange juice, ate not much. Daisy the Mutt looks at me puzzled. When are we going for a walk she says in fluent poodlese.

Hopefully tomorrow will bring a new feeling of health and vigor. Between then and now, I'm laying around in a mound of Kleenex and Alka Seltzer packets.

Well that's no fun. Feel better soon Nosmo. I live in a part of the world where 30 to 40 degree fluctuations in temperature over 24 hours, let alone over a period of days, are normal so I guess we are immune to biological reactions to that.

Two sick days in a row this week. What did I expect? Days of temperatures in the sixties and even seventies followed by a weekend of thirties and twenties. Of course I caught cold. Runny nose, a voice as smooth as burlap, general fatigue has been my lot since late Sunday evening.

Slept until 10:00 am today. Drank a quart of orange juice, ate not much. Daisy the Mutt looks at me puzzled. When are we going for a walk she says in fluent poodlese.

Hopefully tomorrow will bring a new feeling of health and vigor. Between then and now, I'm laying around in a mound of Kleenex and Alka Seltzer packets.
It's 58 here right now. I woke up kind of clammy and just came out here and cracked open a few windows.

Did you get a flu shot, nosmo? I haven't been sick like that in years. Hope this crazy weather doesn't do it.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, 007, Sixfoot and all others we hope will find their way back.

aesop109734.jpg

As usual, I'm way behind.
Mardi Gras is a big deal down here with multiple parades and parties some formal balls and such. You may not know this, but Mobile, not New Orleans is the oldest Mardi Gras celebration in the States.
Unfortunately, the Gulf Shores parade has been cancelled today. An SUV driven by an elderly man has plowed into the Gulf Shores High School Band, injuring 11, 3 critically
This happened about 1/2 hour ago. There will be a full press conference at 11:45 CST.

:( That's awful. Exactly where was it Ernie S.

It's 58 here right now. I woke up kind of clammy and just came out here and cracked open a few windows.

Did you get a flu shot, nosmo? I haven't been sick like that in years. Hope this crazy weather doesn't do it.
Jim did not get a flu shot this year. I got one last year though.

Important safety tip: beware of what you wear to get that shot. I had a long sleeved shirt on. I rolled up the right sleeve and got the shot. But as I rolled it back down, I realized I had created a de facto tourniquet around my arm. I watched as the flu serum rolled out of the injection site and down my arm! I pointed that out to the nurse who said that because we didn' know how much came back out, a new shot would be hazardous. Three weeks later, I got the flu.

Important safety tip: beware of what you wear to get that shot. I had a long sleeved shirt on. I rolled up the right sleeve and got the shot. But as I rolled it back down, I realized I had created a de facto tourniquet around my arm. I watched as the flu serum rolled out of the injection site and down my arm! I pointed that out to the nurse who said that because we didn' know how much came back out, a new shot would be hazardous. Three weeks later, I got the flu.
Omg, I get one every year. Feel better anyway. :)

Do you have the flu now? And dang, I meant to add you to the list last night and flat forgot. Well, tonight. . .

Do you have the flu now? And dang, I meant to add you to the list last night and flat forgot. Well, tonight. . .
I think I'm getting over a bad cold. But I'm very tired. As I turned off the alarm this morning, I thought that the only way I could be more comfortable than lying in my own warm, soft bed would to be in the morgue.

I think I'm getting over a bad cold. But I'm very tired. As I turned off the alarm this morning, I thought that the only way I could be more comfortable than lying in my own warm, soft bed would to be in the morgue.
Oh my gosh. You take care of yourself, woman.

Press conference seems to leave a lot up in the air. no specifics on injuries or cause at this time. Now they're saying 12 injured and 4 critical. About all they're saying about the driver is he is 73 and lives in Fairhope. Fairhope is about 15 miles west of here on the eastern shore of Mobile Bay.

What a shame. I wonder if the man driving had a medical issue?

It can certainly drain you. Sometimes it is wise just to take some sick leave and get back to normal rather than take a risk of exposure to something that will make you more sick while you are in a weakened state.

I truly appreciate the sentiment, even as a man.

:) Nosmo is very much a guy. :)

It can certainly drain you. Sometimes it is wise just to take some sick leave and get back to normal rather than take a risk of exposure to something that will make you more sick while you are in a weakened state.

Or get others sick too! :)

Forum List

Back