USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
NosmoKing for wellness,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, 007, Sixfoot and all others we hope will find their way back.

I will love the light because it shows me the way, but I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars.
Starry_Night_by_x_Icarus_x.jpg

Two sick days in a row this week. What did I expect? Days of temperatures in the sixties and even seventies followed by a weekend of thirties and twenties. Of course I caught cold. Runny nose, a voice as smooth as burlap, general fatigue has been my lot since late Sunday evening.

Slept until 10:00 am today. Drank a quart of orange juice, ate not much. Daisy the Mutt looks at me puzzled. When are we going for a walk she says in fluent poodlese.

Hopefully tomorrow will bring a new feeling of health and vigor. Between then and now, I'm laying around in a mound of Kleenex and Alka Seltzer packets.
It's 58 here right now. I woke up kind of clammy and just came out here and cracked open a few windows.

Did you get a flu shot, nosmo? I haven't been sick like that in years. Hope this crazy weather doesn't do it.
Jim did not get a flu shot this year. I got one last year though.

Important safety tip: beware of what you wear to get that shot. I had a long sleeved shirt on. I rolled up the right sleeve and got the shot. But as I rolled it back down, I realized I had created a de facto tourniquet around my arm. I watched as the flu serum rolled out of the injection site and down my arm! I pointed that out to the nurse who said that because we didn' know how much came back out, a new shot would be hazardous. Three weeks later, I got the flu.
Omg, I get one every year. Feel better anyway. :)
I haven't gotten a flu shot since I retired. Haven't gotten the flu in over 20 years. When I was forced to get the shots, I got sick every time.

Me too, but as I posted earlier, when my doctor sort of insisted, I agreed so as to keep our doctor/patient relationship on amicable terms. Okay, I didn't want to find myself sick with flu or pneumonia and have to go to her after refusing the shots. :)

But again, they were absolutely painless--tiny little needles--and they are apparently much better than they used to be because I had absolutely zero side effects.
Don't forget you need two pneumonia shots and the Shingles one too.

:)

I got my shingles shot. I don't want another case of those things again. Got my flu shot too. I think I will pass on a pneumonia shot, though.

Let me know how your shingles shot goes. My sister got it last year and it made her break out with shingles. :(

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
NosmoKing for wellness,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, 007, Sixfoot and all others we hope will find their way back.

I will love the light because it shows me the way, but I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars.
Starry_Night_by_x_Icarus_x.jpg

Love that one!

I got my shingles shot. I don't want another case of those things again. Got my flu shot too. I think I will pass on a pneumonia shot, though.
My sister kept bothering me to get the shingles shot so I finally did. It cost me like $36 bucks that day. I never had to pay for a shot oughtright lilke that. Lol, I told her she owes me $36.

20 degrees is warm compared to some of our weather lately.

It's more about the 50 degree temperature drop in like 12 hours!

Windy too.

I had a dream this night about wind and wind-breaked houses... What does it mean? :-\
God Morpheus is telling you something about Aeolus :biggrin:

b48f94cb2bb31a1e210a48e0341c4056.jpg
2fc41a6b51580bb3d642dcad81121cb5.jpg

Winds are a grandsons of Stribog (god of winds). Stribog is a brother of Svarog (heaven's Smith). And Svarog's son Dazhbog (god of day and light) is a grandfather of all Russians. So, this winds are just my relatives :)
:biggrin:

hqdefault.jpg

It's 58 here right now. I woke up kind of clammy and just came out here and cracked open a few windows.

Did you get a flu shot, nosmo? I haven't been sick like that in years. Hope this crazy weather doesn't do it.
Jim did not get a flu shot this year. I got one last year though.

Important safety tip: beware of what you wear to get that shot. I had a long sleeved shirt on. I rolled up the right sleeve and got the shot. But as I rolled it back down, I realized I had created a de facto tourniquet around my arm. I watched as the flu serum rolled out of the injection site and down my arm! I pointed that out to the nurse who said that because we didn' know how much came back out, a new shot would be hazardous. Three weeks later, I got the flu.
Omg, I get one every year. Feel better anyway. :)
I haven't gotten a flu shot since I retired. Haven't gotten the flu in over 20 years. When I was forced to get the shots, I got sick every time.

Me too, but as I posted earlier, when my doctor sort of insisted, I agreed so as to keep our doctor/patient relationship on amicable terms. Okay, I didn't want to find myself sick with flu or pneumonia and have to go to her after refusing the shots. :)

But again, they were absolutely painless--tiny little needles--and they are apparently much better than they used to be because I had absolutely zero side effects.
Don't forget you need two pneumonia shots and the Shingles one too.

:)

My doctor has not proposed a shingles shot and I haven't brought it up. I'm pretty sure she's giving me the standard pneumonia and flu shot program though.

March came in like a lion yesterday. Heavy winds, trees down and some power outages. Today is colder with snow blowing in the air. They are calling for a modest two to three inch accumulation tomorrow. The tulips are poking through the soil out on the North Lawn. Once they have done their thing later next month, I have to get out there and dig them up so I can redistribute them come autumn. Needless to say, no greenhouses are close to opening. Pop would plant his sweet peas 'by the light of the moon on St. Patrick's Day'. Soon enough, asparagus will be up and ready for harvest. I've heard that some asparagus beds here are better than one hundred years old.

My brother and sister-in-law gave me an automatic watering system for my birthday. In the optomistic spirit that it's never too early to get started, I bought a twenty five foot long section of garden hose that I will place in the conduit under the front walkway so I can get water on demand to the window boxes.

I did not do so well on this exam, I think. It was harder than the last one, and I did not remember many of the little bones of the skull or their positions. Hopefully I passed, but it will be nothing like the 96 I got on the first exam. :(

I did not do so well on this exam, I think. It was harder than the last one, and I did not remember many of the little bones of the skull or their positions. Hopefully I passed, but it will be nothing like the 96 I got on the first exam. :(

Well don't fret. I bet you did better than you think.

Let me know how your shingles shot goes. My sister got it last year and it made her break out with shingles. :(
There is an anti-viral prescription that is very effective if started very early after onset. Mine never got bigger than nickel size.

March came in like a lion yesterday. Heavy winds, trees down and some power outages. Today is colder with snow blowing in the air. They are calling for a modest two to three inch accumulation tomorrow. The tulips are poking through the soil out on the North Lawn. Once they have done their thing later next month, I have to get out there and dig them up so I can redistribute them come autumn. Needless to say, no greenhouses are close to opening. Pop would plant his sweet peas 'by the light of the moon on St. Patrick's Day'. Soon enough, asparagus will be up and ready for harvest. I've heard that some asparagus beds here are better than one hundred years old.

My brother and sister-in-law gave me an automatic watering system for my birthday. In the optomistic spirit that it's never too early to get started, I bought a twenty five foot long section of garden hose that I will place in the conduit under the front walkway so I can get water on demand to the window boxes.
March came in like June here yesterday. We hit 80 with a lot of sunshine early and a bit of rain after 10 PM. 64 and sunny right now.
I have roses in bloom and the azaleas are our in full force, but my wisteria hasn't even opened any new leaves. which disappoints me.
It's pantsless Thursday here at Cassa de Ernie. I had actually planned on getting dressed around 5 PM for a dinner date, but as fate had it, I needed to answer the door for a delivery.

Well don't fret. I bet you did better than you think.

If I'm lucky I'll get a B. A C is more likely. I had to guess too often.

Forum List

Back