USMB Coffee Shop IV

Last time I went to the local library I found it has shut down. That's a bloody nuisance because I used to do photocopying there, and refer to their extensive collection of law books. I know the laws of England are all online now, but there were a lot of other useful books I no longer have access to.

On the home front, I am totally bloody fed up with the new downstairs neighbour. He has a giggling girlfriend and they stay up talking all night. I now have to use ear plugs to get to sleep.

I would suggest buying one of the air horns that officials use in sports functions in order to neutralize the giggling GF. Sporting goods store sell them and they use compressed air bottles. Those horns have been known to wake the dead.

lol.gif

Last time I went to the local library I found it has shut down. That's a bloody nuisance because I used to do photocopying there, and refer to their extensive collection of law books. I know the laws of England are all online now, but there were a lot of other useful books I no longer have access to.

On the home front, I am totally bloody fed up with the new downstairs neighbour. He has a giggling girlfriend and they stay up talking all night. I now have to use ear plugs to get to sleep.

I would suggest buying one of the air horns that officials use in sports functions in order to neutralize the giggling GF. Sporting goods store sell them and they use compressed air bottles. Those horns have been known to wake the dead.

lol.gif
Either that, or three rounds thru the floor with a 12 gauge shotgun .... that usually quiets them down. It's worked every time for me. Also gives you a great place to sweep the stuff on the floor -- saves the cost of a dustpan.

Me, I'm a Chock full o' Nuts man where home brewed coffee is concerned. Was it that Arab sheik lifting a cup to his lips or the jingle? Chock Full o' Nuts is that heavenly Coffee. A better coffee a millionaire's money can't buy.
Just where coffee is concerned? :dunno:

:D
Hardy har har! I'm also fond of the USMB Coffee Shop IV. It happens to be chock full o' nuts too.

I get a picture every day from [email protected] from somewhere in the world. Pictures are taken by drones and other aircraft and even from ISS.You can sign up to get a daily photo. Today's picture is from a drone over Northern NJ of fall foliage.
ColorFall_2.jpg
Multi colored broccoli? :eusa_whistle:

:) I thought the very same thing when I first saw it though the muted color motif is just gorgeous.

Is caller ID automatic in Great Britain like it is here? If not, call them and hand up after a ring or two. Then do it again the next time they get loud.

lol.gif
Either that, or three rounds thru the floor with a 12 gauge shotgun .... that usually quiets them down. It's worked every time for me. Also gives you a great place to sweep the stuff on the floor -- saves the cost of a dustpan.

True but it makes a frightful mess of one's own floor so I suggest a less violent means of getting the point across. :)

Now that I'm well over my long term funk and have been getting tons of things done I have to slow it down for a while, especially after trying to seriously damage myself........
Early Monday evening I was unpacking some more items in the crowded garage, took up a large pile of shipping paper to toss in the recycle bin outside. As I was exiting the garage my right foot hooked an extension cord carrier that had slipped down onto the floor, my left foot hooked my right foot and I went airborne landing on the concrete driveway on my right shoulder and nearly bouncing under the truck. I laid there in agony for a few minutes realizing I couldn't move my arm and wondering how long I would have to lay there before someone would discover me. I finally pulled myself upright using the truck bumper and the wife drove me to the VA ER. The ER docs claim it's not broken, severe bone contusion and soft tissue damage. Still very, very, very sore and painful to use so this right hander is learning how to be a lefty.

Oh my. :( We have you on the vigil list for an injured wing/shoulder problem. Was this the same one?

lol.gif

True but it makes a frightful mess of one's own floor so I suggest a less violent means of getting the point across. :)

How about letting the sink run over and go to a movie?

lol.gif

My grandma would clear her throat. 'Nuff said. We kids got the message.

I miss SFC Ollie. He was indeed a fine fellow. A veteran never had a better friend. I miss his wit and the way we would badger each other - especially when it was time for the annual Army Navy game to be played. I miss the barbs we would toss at each other whenever the Cowboys would play the Redskins. I miss reading about what his American Legion Post was doing to promote their brand of good will and how he proved his leadership qualities by leading them along to success. He had a great sense of humor and I’ve never known a more on-line gentleman. I know his life has changed with the loss of his wife and dog who should have been promoted to General. I wish he could find the time to make his way back to us. I truly miss him.

I miss SFC Ollie. He was indeed a fine fellow. A veteran never had a better friend. I miss his wit and the way we would badger each other - especially when it was time for the annual Army Navy game to be played. I miss the barbs we would toss at each other whenever the Cowboys would play the Redskins. I miss reading about what his American Legion Post was doing to promote their brand of good will and how he proved his leadership qualities by leading them along to success. He had a great sense of humor and I’ve never known a more on-line gentleman. I know his life has changed with the loss of his wife and dog who should have been promoted to General. I wish he could find the time to make his way back to us. I truly miss him.
SFC Ollie lives less than forty miles north of me. We made the effort to meet up at a watering hole one Sunday as the Cowboys were on TV. We had a great time chatting and watching football together.

Everything he showed us about his character and wit online was just as true in real life. I miss him too. I miss the fuss he made over decorating his house for Halloween. I miss the photos he shared of his American Legion exploits. I still buy a new American flag from the Legion website every spring and encourage others to do the same.

Somewhere in USMB Coffee Shop lore is a photo of the two of us at that meeting. I wonder where it is now.

Last edited:
Now that I'm well over my long term funk and have been getting tons of things done I have to slow it down for a while, especially after trying to seriously damage myself........
Early Monday evening I was unpacking some more items in the crowded garage, took up a large pile of shipping paper to toss in the recycle bin outside. As I was exiting the garage my right foot hooked an extension cord carrier that had slipped down onto the floor, my left foot hooked my right foot and I went airborne landing on the concrete driveway on my right shoulder and nearly bouncing under the truck. I laid there in agony for a few minutes realizing I couldn't move my arm and wondering how long I would have to lay there before someone would discover me. I finally pulled myself upright using the truck bumper and the wife drove me to the VA ER. The ER docs claim it's not broken, severe bone contusion and soft tissue damage. Still very, very, very sore and painful to use so this right hander is learning how to be a lefty.

Oh my. :( We have you on the vigil list for an injured wing/shoulder problem. Was this the same one?
Nope, other side...... Learning to hold a fork with my feet.........

Could I uncover my troll essense? :) Thanks...

I'm still celebrating the great holiday of the world. Holiday, not remembered in western world (but defined a lot of people lives :)).. A holiday, officially ignored in Russia and tend to be forbidden. But a really great holiday for all we are, the common people of the world...
Named it, I'll violate the rules of topis, I don't want to do it.
But I want to raise a toast!
Cheese! :))))

Could I uncover my troll essense? :) Thanks...

I'm still celebrating the great holiday of the world. Holiday, not remembered in western world (but defined a lot of people lives :)).. A holiday, officially ignored in Russia and tend to be forbidden. But a really great holiday for all we are, the common people of the world...
Named it, I'll violate the rules of topis, I don't want to do it.
But I want to raise a toast!
Cheese! :))))

Cheese, huh? Hope the lines weren't too long. ;)

Go visit him where he hangs his hat. I do. :)
He has a new avie too. He looks really good. Nice hat as well. :lol:
You don't have to be married to one board, ya know.;)

So SFC Ollie, if you are reading in, you still have lots of friends here. :)

;

SFC Ollie lives less than forty miles north of me. We made the effort to meet up at a watering hole one Sunday as the Cowboys were on TV. We had a great time chatting and watching football together.

Everything he showed us about his character and wit online was just as true in real life. I miss him too. I miss the fuss he made over decorating his house for Halloween. I miss the photos he shared of his American Legion exploits. I still buy a new American flag from the Legion website every spring and encourage others to do the same.

Somewhere in USMB Coffee Shop lore is a photo of the two of us at that meeting. I wonder where it is now.

Yes. I will always regret losing that photo and so many great photos of coffee shoppers over the years. Apparently the first three Coffee Shop threads were purged when we moved to Xenforo from the old VBulletin forum. Like Gracie I pretty much have daily interaction with him a couple of other places, but miss him here.

Forum List

Back