USMB Coffee Shop IV

I have a set of Rod Velarde Skinwalker mugs we bought 30 years ago (four different designs), last night I was doing dishes, put the Wolf one in the rack to dry and it found an opening in the front of the rack to escape from and committed Seppuku on the tile floor......... talk about being pissed..........

Here's a picture of bear skinwalker I found on the webz;

3915e8cfb3f8b575f9d7c5b02ab113fe--coffee-gifts-mug-cup.jpg

As the warrior dances around the mug he turns into to the animal who's skin he's wearing.

We bought them way back when the wife and I were first married and she first visited my parents in Colorado, two of the mugs we had picked up at Garden of the Gods and two at Mesa Verde.

Stuff happens but I understand when a favorite thing gets lost or broken. Hopefully you can replace it?
So far, no, haven't found that one for sale and the one's I have found (that I already have) are going for $30 each. Really it's just a nice looking coffee mug that has spent more time in storage than in use so no big deal, it's more that a complete set like I had could have been sold for $150 +.

I have a set of Rod Velarde Skinwalker mugs we bought 30 years ago (four different designs), last night I was doing dishes, put the Wolf one in the rack to dry and it found an opening in the front of the rack to escape from and committed Seppuku on the tile floor......... talk about being pissed..........

As the warrior dances around the mug he turns into to the animal who's skin he's wearing.

We bought them way back when the wife and I were first married and she first visited my parents in Colorado, two of the mugs we had picked up at Garden of the Gods and two at Mesa Verde.

Stuff happens but I understand when a favorite thing gets lost or broken. Hopefully you can replace it?
So far, no, haven't found that one for sale and the one's I have found (that I already have) are going for $30 each. Really it's just a nice looking coffee mug that has spent more time in storage than in use so no big deal, it's more that a complete set like I had could have been sold for $150 +.
My recommendation is to look into locally made Homer Laughlin Fiestaware. Make East Liverpool Great Again!

Still we all probably have one or two or so possessions that have no great monetary value or maybe even any strong emotional connection for us, but that we just like maybe for reasons we don't fully understand or can articulate. And if one of those is lost or broken, there is a sense of loss. I have a favorite Rachel Ray coffee cup that I probably would not replace even if I could, but I will hate the day it breaks

What with all the food and desserts and festive whatnot lately, I thought I'd have a light breakfast this morning. What did I eat? An apple? Toast? Nope. A large handful of holiday colored peanut:redface: M&M's.

Turns out M&M's are very good with coffee.

Hombre got a haircut yesterday and the barber he uses is near our local Krispy Kreme place. It is the only time we ever get Krispy Kreme's so he brought home a box full yesterday morning. We are having the last two with our coffee this morning. :)

I meant to ask yesterday, is that your bunny Chris?

No, just a picture of a bunny I thought was cute. :)

Here is my bunny . . .

View attachment 166544

Good looking bunny. :) My daughter and her husband had two of those french lop bunnies. He got one and he was so adorable that she went and got one on the theory their huge rabbit cage could easily hold two. Wrong. The bunnies fought so viciously they had to be kept separated so they had two enormous rabbit cages that took up most of the space in their front room.

I meant to ask yesterday, is that your bunny Chris?

No, just a picture of a bunny I thought was cute. :)

Here is my bunny . . .

View attachment 166544

Good looking bunny. :) My daughter and her husband had two of those french lop bunnies. He got one and he was so adorable that she went and got one on the theory their huge rabbit cage could easily hold two. Wrong. The bunnies fought so viciously they had to be kept separated so they had two enormous rabbit cages that took up most of the space in their front room.

My bunny is a mutt. He has some angora in him, I know that. He is really fluffy. He doesn't look nearly as big when he's wet. When I first found him, I gave him a bath, and I just used a cup to wash off his body because he was filthy and all clumped up. I left his head dry, and he looked SO funny with a skinny little body and a big fat head! I should've taken some pictures. :lol:

Been busy working on projects, mainly the wife's dresser I'm refinishing plus a few other projects I have going not to mention all the house husband stuff to do. We did finally take a long road trip yesterday down to Ruidoso, Tularosa and Alamogordo, that was tiring. Matter of fact on the return trip the wife took over on Rt 380 from Carrizozo to Socorro while I took a nap, got back home around 5:30.

It's a cold rainy day here.
We're both glad we don't have to go anywhere today. :)

Mr. P's leg wounds are looking good and is finally healing faster. He has been walking with 2 canes for the last 2 weeks and walks with only one inside the house.
He has appointments for the skin doc on Wed. and the heart doc on Thursday .
Then doc free till after Christmas. YEAH!

We are both getting over this flu and are starting to get better.
Looks like we are all set here for our Christmas. :)
I cheated this year and put up one of those starlight laser lights. It looks surprising nice for being so easy to set up.

It's a cold rainy day here.
We're both glad we don't have to go anywhere today. :)

Mr. P's leg wounds are looking good and is finally healing faster. He has been walking with 2 canes for the last 2 weeks and walks with only one inside the house.
He has appointments for the skin doc on Wed. and the heart doc on Thursday .
Then doc free till after Christmas. YEAH!

We are both getting over this flu and are starting to get better.
Looks like we are all set here for our Christmas. :)
I cheated this year and put up one of those starlight laser lights. It looks surprising nice for being so easy to set up.

Glad to hear on all fronts. Those laser light thingees don't need special protection from the rain?

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Saveliberty for positive resolution for difficult transition,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Drifter in difficult transition,
Boedicca's dad and family,
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, AgainSheila, Esthermoon, Sixfoot, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

We see the coming of the winter storms more often now as the winter solstice approaches. Just remember that there are blue skies and sunshine on the other side.
clouds-copy.jpg

Forum List

Back