USMB Coffee Shop IV

Another good morning to everyone. I am sleeping better and more comfortably every night. I am able to move around tolerably well.
All in all, I am getting closer to ā€œnormalā€ feeling. When I think that itā€™s been 3 weeks, that seems slow. But it was a big surgery. So I try to remain thankful for the progress.

My big surgery was a little over two years ago and it took that two years to fully get back to normal. So just take it easy our friend, and give your body the chance to do its work to heal you. If I had taken that advice myself, it might not have taken the full two years. :)

Iā€™m trying. This is where I miss my husband a lot. We were each otherā€™s caretakers. We didnā€™t feel bad asking each other for help with things. Now I am relying on kids and friends, and everyone is fairly willing, but there are certain things that are too private to ask for help with.

Iā€™m trying. This is where I miss my husband a lot. We were each otherā€™s caretakers. We didnā€™t feel bad asking each other for help with things. Now I am relying on kids and friends, and everyone is fairly willing, but there are certain things that are too private to ask for help with.

I can hold the sheet music up by the shower door without peeking.

Another good morning to everyone. I am sleeping better and more comfortably every night. I am able to move around tolerably well.
All in all, I am getting closer to ā€œnormalā€ feeling. When I think that itā€™s been 3 weeks, that seems slow. But it was a big surgery. So I try to remain thankful for the progress.

My big surgery was a little over two years ago and it took that two years to fully get back to normal. So just take it easy our friend, and give your body the chance to do its work to heal you. If I had taken that advice myself, it might not have taken the full two years. :)

:smiliehug: It's a long process and you never really get over it, it just changes over time.

26383-13285-cm-morning-prayer-enlighten-mind-truth-inflame-heart-love-inspire-will-courage-life-service-pardon-social.630w.tn.png

I understand but there are services, sometimes free services to provide help with a lot of stuff. Don't do anything that you instinctively know isn't a good idea (i.e. that Mama Fox would disapprove of :) )or that doesn't absolutely have to be done.

:smiliehug: It's a long process and you never really get over it, it just changes over time.

Probably true, but it can and does get to the point that it is no longer an issue or problem for you.

People just don't appreciate how damn helpful I am around here. :lol:

I can wash delicates without blabbing too....

Also will not mention Pookie ricechickie.

81Q4wnp-3%2BL._SL1500_.jpg

Probably true, but it can and does get to the point that it is no longer an issue or problem for you.

This month is 5 years since my dad was found dead in a motel in las vegas and in June it will be 5 years since my sister committed suicide. I am much better than I was 5 years ago. But if I think about it too long I get real upset all over again.

I'm so happy. mr. boe agreed that I get to have the leftover scone.

Is it New Years Day today somewhere in the world?
I just read an article about a Japanese rice pounding ritual on New Years Day.
I know there are many cultures and New Years Day is different in many places in this big world.

This month is 5 years since my dad was found dead in a motel in las vegas and in June it will be 5 years since my sister committed suicide. I am much better than I was 5 years ago. But if I think about it too long I get real upset all over again.

Sadly there are some scars that just never quite fully heal. We can hope that as time passes the pain is less frequent, and less intense. It's ok to be sad and to mourn - it's also healing to then try to embrace happy memories.

I've not shared this on here - but my father died by his own hand a year ago this month. It is always hard to lose a loved one to accident or illness - yet to have a loved one take their own life is a special kind of agony for those left behind. None of us have yet gotten past the unanswerable 'why'...but the sharpness of the agony, and the bitterness of the anger, have mellowed some.

You are not alone...:)

Sadly there are some scars that just never quite fully heal. We can hope that as time passes the pain is less frequent, and less intense. It's ok to be sad and to mourn - it's also healing to then try to embrace happy memories.

I've not shared this on here - but my father died by his own hand a year ago this month. It is always hard to lose a loved one to accident or illness - yet to have a loved one take their own life is a special kind of agony for those left behind. None of us have yet gotten past the unanswerable 'why'...but the sharpness of the agony, and the bitterness of the anger, have mellowed some.

Thank you. :smiliehug: Suicide is so hard. It hurts a lot for those left behind. My sister I believe has sent out signs she is ok by the symbol of a heart. Spilled water forming a heart shape a bruise on me forming a heart shape and one of my dogs I got after her passing has a heart shape on his leg.

Here's one from her

fvwglc.jpg

:smiliehug:

Thank you for sharing that, drifter.

I do believe in the power of signs meant to bring comfort or ease heartache...especially those that just appear unexpectedly. I don't know the how or the why, but there have been too many in my life to be mere coincidence.

One dreary day, late last summer, all alone at our little house on the coast...feeling very sad and troubled, I decided to mow the backyard to just get out and breathe some fresh air. I believe in the power of prayer - and prayed as I pushed the mower. Not for anything specific, just for peace of mind.

When the mowing was done, I opened the door to the shed, turned back to the mower to put it away and saw this stuck on the handle...

IMGP0009 (623x640) - Copy.jpg

I don't know how it got there, or why...by coincidence or design...but seeing that flower stuck in an unlikely place brightened a dark day, and eased my troubled mind.

I am happy that your sister is letting you know she is ok. :)

Last edited:

That's a tough one Drifter and SeaGal and no, none of us who have had to deal with it are alone. We can tear ourselves apart asking why and maybe even feel guilty that we failed to read the signs and stop it, but ultimately there is no answer for the why and it is nobody's fault. We have sat beside best friends who have lost sons to suicide, my niece's ex-husband and father of her children ended his own life at a young age, a nephew who committed suicide by drinking himself to death fully knowing what he was doing. And there have been others. But the loved ones are free of whatever demons drove them and the best we can do for their legacy is love them.

I'm so happy. mr. boe agreed that I get to have the leftover scone.

Aw that's sweet. Did you make the scones? (In awe of anybody who bakes their own scones these days. In fact you may be the only person I know who eats scones? (Pondering that.)

Forum List

Back