USMB Coffee Shop IV

I remember the classic frozen mixed vegetables had lima beans, that never bothered me because the were mixed with other vegetables. One vegetable I hated was brussels sprouts until I discovered malt vinegar, cook the sprouts then soak in malt vinegar. :thup:

In truth, there's not a lot of foods that I won't eat. Except Kimchi, I don't even be in the same room as that nasty crap *shudder*…...or weird stuff like bugs or worms or things like that.

And that ketchup on fries??? Homemade fries with real potatoes and lots of salt, with a glob of ketchup on the side for dipping YUM
Nope not even ketchup on home fries. I won't put ketchup on baked or mashed potatoes so why would I put ketchup on fried potatoes? As for fries give me boardwalk fries with malted vinegar..... absolute heaven!!
Pretty much the only things I put ketchup on are meatloaf and hamburgers.

And you call me strange????? Are you a Canuck, hey?

Salt & vinegar on fries is great if you don't overdo the malt vinegar right away (acquired taste) but ketchup or ketchup & mayo is usually my preference.

Also dipping fries in a shake, or tartar sauce is pretty good too. That's how my husband liked to eat them

I'll pass on the shake dippin but tartar sauce, fries and in my case a wimpy cold beer, we're talking good times.

In my opinion everybody should draw the line at lima beans. And their sister butter beans. I hated them as a kid and I still do. I was told as a child I had to eat them and could not leave the table until I did. I hid a lot of them under the dining room rug. :)

I don't think I've ever had butter beans, but my parents were much the same about food. You have to eat what's provided and not leave the table until you do. I didn't like lima's, but Dad suggested adding ketchup to change the flavor. He didn't understand I wasn't a big fan of ketchup either, but it did help to improve the flavor of the lima's. But I've never eaten them since and hubs never liked them either, yet we both enjoy other types of beans. And anytime we have ham, it's assured ham & bean soup with cornbread will be in the near future.

IMO, ketchup only belongs on French fries and meatloaf.

What's a cheeseburger without ketchup and "meatloaf" should be smothered in mushroom gravy.

(okay sure, it could be barbequed)

.. but .. we can still be friends... :)

Cheeseburger with mayo, mustard, lettuce and onions. No gravy on meatloaf, but Salisbury Steak with mushroom gravy is great

Oh, as for me, I prefer hamburger with venison. Really tasty

Venison burger??? Yep, that's even better, or elk burger

About elk I know only, my friend have a tin of elk meat and stil promise, we'll eat with him together, Offcourse, with a bottle of vodka :) Vodka is a really good drink, when you intend to taste some new food.... how it was with Icelands rotten shark - like your tongue just was at heart of rural toilet... only vodka could help you to carry this feeling :)

I don't think I've ever had butter beans, but my parents were much the same about food. You have to eat what's provided and not leave the table until you do. I didn't like lima's, but Dad suggested adding ketchup to change the flavor. He didn't understand I wasn't a big fan of ketchup either, but it did help to improve the flavor of the lima's. But I've never eaten them since and hubs never liked them either, yet we both enjoy other types of beans. And anytime we have ham, it's assured ham & bean soup with cornbread will be in the near future.

What's a cheeseburger without ketchup and "meatloaf" should be smothered in mushroom gravy.

Cheeseburger with mayo, mustard, lettuce and onions. No gravy on meatloaf, but Salisbury Steak with mushroom gravy is great

About elk I know only, my friend have a tin of elk meat and stil promise, we'll eat with him together, Offcourse, with a bottle of vodka :) Vodka is a really good drink, when you intend to taste some new food.... how it was with Icelands rotten shark - like your tongue just was at heart of rural toilet... only vodka could help you to carry this feeling :)

I don't know how elk tastes in your area, but around here they're not as gamey as venison & more like beef.

I remember the classic frozen mixed vegetables had lima beans, that never bothered me because the were mixed with other vegetables. One vegetable I hated was brussels sprouts until I discovered malt vinegar, cook the sprouts then soak in malt vinegar. :thup:

In truth, there's not a lot of foods that I won't eat. Except Kimchi, I don't even be in the same room as that nasty crap *shudder*…...or weird stuff like bugs or worms or things like that.

And that ketchup on fries??? Homemade fries with real potatoes and lots of salt, with a glob of ketchup on the side for dipping YUM
Nope not even ketchup on home fries. I won't put ketchup on baked or mashed potatoes so why would I put ketchup on fried potatoes? As for fries give me boardwalk fries with malted vinegar..... absolute heaven!!

I have seen malted vinegar on fries..and I think fried fish before.

It's a thing, I suppose. :dunno:

I'd blame the British, the Canucks and people like me ... it seemed like my Mom pickled everything...:lol:

I may be strange, but that's where I draw the line, at lima beans..:04:

In my opinion everybody should draw the line at lima beans. And their sister butter beans. I hated them as a kid and I still do. I was told as a child I had to eat them and could not leave the table until I did. I hid a lot of them under the dining room rug. :)

I'd love to try that...

I don't know how elk tastes in your area, but around here they're not as gamey as venison & more like beef.

I suppose so, but we have to be prepared to every case! :) Especially to the case of friday evening :)

I'd love to try that...

Cmon here, I know one place in Moscow, near one of Stalin's skyscrapers :)

ACK......all this talk of food and now I'm hungry for elk burgers & home fries, with ketchup & tartar sauce

mmm .. Should I or Should I not make some homes fries ... that is the quandary for me as well.

lightly golden brown on the outside, and just a little bite (not quite cooked) on the inside....mmm, mmmm good

Bendy mushy fries ... What is wrong with You??? .... :lol:

Toasted, bubbled and crispy fried... but eh ...

I'd love to try that...

Russians make great venison burgers, who knew... :dunno:

ACK......all this talk of food and now I'm hungry for elk burgers & home fries, with ketchup & tartar sauce

mmm .. Should I or Should I not make some homes fries ... that is the quandary for me as well.

lightly golden brown on the outside, and just a little bite (not quite cooked) on the inside....mmm, mmmm good

Bendy mushy??? I don't want fried mashed taters......what's wrong with YOU????????

Bendy mushy??? I don't want fried mashed taters......what's wrong with YOU????????

:lol: ... No limpy fries for Lumpy... but .. if you've perfected the technique... ;)

Last edited:

I'd love to try that...

Russians make great venison burgers, who knew... :dunno:

Not all Russians, I know only one place with them... And Moscow is not a Russia, there are two different countries here, inside and outside Moscow Ring Road, lol :)

Escanaba MI, eh..... Any further north I would have been a Canuck, eh........

Heh, 45,7 - Crimean latitude :) A place for rest and drinkin' wine, eh? :)

Heh, 45,7 - Crimean latitude :) A place for rest and drinkin' wine, eh? :)
I don't live there I was born there, I live in the American southwest.

Back in elementary school they used to serve stewed prunes in the school lunch and I think I was probably the only kid that went back for seconds. I've always loved prunes. I even have my own tree now..
You probably like lima beans also...... I knew right off your were strange...... :D

Butter Beans are large dried Limas, usually served on top of cornbread and cooked with ham/salt pork in them.

I like them!

In my part of the world, we top cornbread sometimes with a good hearty soup or stew. If it is topped with beans it has to be pinto beans. My experience with lima and butter beans is that I sure don't want to schluck up my cornbread with them (and therefore render them inedible.) :)

You probably like lima beans also...... I knew right off your were strange...... :D

Butter Beans are large dried Limas, usually served on top of cornbread and cooked with ham/salt pork in them.

I like them!

In my part of the world, we top cornbread sometimes with a good hearty soup or stew. If it is topped with beans it has to be pinto beans. My experience with lima and butter beans is that I sure don't want to schluck up my cornbread with them (and therefore render them inedible.) :)
I always found cornbread to be inedible...... :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back