USMB Coffee Shop IV

Still on my way to bed but just ran across this. Ringel05 is your current yacht anything like this one?

a30868fb0b7e185698897f625919d65a

It hasn't actually been built yet but is on the drawing board. Speculated price tag 1.1 billion making it the world's most expensive yacht.
Take A Tour Of The Biggest, Most Expensive Superyacht Ever Designed

I dunno. There's something about it that bugs me. I think I prefer a more tradition design:

Top-5-Worlds-Most-Expensive-Yachts-8.jpg

Thought I thought the Immaculata in the 1987 movie "Overboard" with Kirk Russell and Goldie Hawn was gorgeous and still do:
large_2978_ac2df.jpg

Still on my way to bed but just ran across this. Ringel05 is your current yacht anything like this one?

a30868fb0b7e185698897f625919d65a

It hasn't actually been built yet but is on the drawing board. Speculated price tag 1.1 billion making it the world's most expensive yacht.
Take A Tour Of The Biggest, Most Expensive Superyacht Ever Designed

I dunno. There's something about it that bugs me. I think I prefer a more tradition design:

Top-5-Worlds-Most-Expensive-Yachts-8.jpg

Thought I thought the Immaculata in the 1987 movie "Overboard" with Kirk Russell and Goldie Hawn was gorgeous and still do:
large_2978_ac2df.jpg
Nope nothing like mine, mine is much more practical...... and cheaper to boot.......

Redneck4.gif

Quiet night, one flight at 0330 and another at 0800. Guess I'll get some screen time.
We're back to more normal winter weather, clear and cold as hell, overcast and warmer, or blowing ice fog.
One of my hens started laying again, proving my contention that it's the amount of daylight that inspires them and not necessarily how cold or warm it is.
It's been so cold at my place, double digits with a minus in front, that getting my little place warm is a challenge.
It took me an hour to get the wood stove to draw properly and even after that, by the time I got up to come to work, it was still chilly. But the days are getting longer and lighter.

Good morning everybody though it is already afternoon for some of you. High wind warnings for us today, and more snow predicted by Monday or so, but all is well for how. Planning my menu for our luncheon & movie day with Aunt Betty and Dana tomorrow and then will need to make a grocery run. Otherwise plan a relatively unproductive day. We all need one of those now and then. :)

I still have my old Nikon EM (film camera), still works but is all manual lens focus.

Nikon-EM-1.jpg

Second hand Nikon film cameras are still pretty expensive. But you can pick up a Pentax spotmatic and telephoto lenses cheaply now days. I have a digital Nikon coolpix L340 with a 28 times zoom lens. It was only £100 but does a very good job.
You can get a good Nikon EM body here for $30, with a standard 50mm lens probably around $75 to $100 (US dollars).
Don't know what shipping would cost you.

The Nikon D40 (not the D40x) would average around $100 and it's digital, what really gets ya with digital is autofocus lenses, they tend to be much more expensive than manual focus but still not that much to buy used. A used D40x would run an extra $30 - $50, a matching 55mm - 200m autofocus lens around $70 used.

Wow ! that's cheap. In England I saw a second hand Nikon film camera selling for £400

I still have my old Nikon EM (film camera), still works but is all manual lens focus.

Nikon-EM-1.jpg

Second hand Nikon film cameras are still pretty expensive. But you can pick up a Pentax spotmatic and telephoto lenses cheaply now days. I have a digital Nikon coolpix L340 with a 28 times zoom lens. It was only £100 but does a very good job.
You can get a good Nikon EM body here for $30, with a standard 50mm lens probably around $75 to $100 (US dollars).

The Nikon D40 (not the D40x) would average around $100 and it's digital, what really gets ya with digital is autofocus lenses, they tend to be much more expensive than manual focus but still not that much to buy used. A used D40x would run an extra $30 - $50, a matching 55mm - 200m autofocus lens around $70 used.

Wow ! that's cheap. In England I saw a second hand Nikon film camera selling for £400
Depends on the camera, the EM was basically a budget Nikon, very good but not high end.
Here's a Nikon EM with a Sigma 35-70mm zoom for $40 and $30 shipping to the UK. Remember it's not a digital, takes regular film.
Ebay, USA.
NIKON EM 35MM FILM CAMERA w/ SIGMA F35-70 ZOOM LENS CLEAN WORKING | eBay

Nikon-EM-1.jpg

Depends on the camera, the EM was basically a budget Nikon, very good but not high end.
Here's a Nikon EM with a Sigma 35-70mm zoom for $40 and $30 shipping to the UK. Remember it's not a digital, takes regular film.
Ebay, USA.
NIKON EM 35MM FILM CAMERA w/ SIGMA F35-70 ZOOM LENS CLEAN WORKING | eBay
Here's a great deal on a Nikon D40 with standard lens and charger, check the shipping to the UK........
Nikon D40 Digital SLR Camera w/ 18-55mm lens & charger | eBay

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys. No change in the vigil list.

Here we have folks walking down the stairs at Machu Picchu. I don't think I could do that. Could you?

51847140_2174679679490431_6871893836184944640_n.jpg

Here we have folks walking down the stairs at Machu Picchu. I don't think I could do that. Could you?

Heck Foxfyre I could handle the down part on a very slow basis... What has me puzzled is how in the hell I got to the top to even worry about walking down...

Ok! after careful review of the picture again I have reclassified my answer to a firm 'NFW'...

Last edited:

Heck Foxfyre I could handle the down part on a very slow basis... What has me puzzled is how in the hell I got to the top to even worry about walking down...

Ok! after careful review of the picture again I have reclassified my answer to a firm 'NFW'...

I am not squeamish of heights except in situations of walking across high bridges or standing on the edge of a cliff and looking down. I have a terrible sensation of something pulling me out and over, and no amount of mental exercise can soothe it however irrational that seems to me and/or others. So I just don't put myself in those situations. On that stairway I would be holding onto that rock wall with both arms and nobody would be able to pry me loose. :)

Actually going up would be easier for me so long as I didn't look to the left.

I am not squeamish of heights except in situations of walking across high bridges or standing on the edge of a cliff and looking down. I have a terrible sensation of something pulling me out and over, and no amount of mental exercise can soothe it however irrational that seems to me and/or others. So I just don't put myself in those situations. On that stairway I would be holding onto that rock wall with both arms and nobody would be able to pry me loose. :)

Actually going up would be easier for me so long as I didn't look to the left.

I am not overly afraid of heights, but I would be afraid of falling. I think it extremely dangerous to descend the staircase in the picture. If someone tripped and fell down they could cause a lot of people to be knocked down and fall down the stairs. In the second world war there was an incident where someone fell over on an escalator down the tube tunnels, and a lot of people were killed.

I just found my hiking/survival kit while looking for bags or pouches to use with my camera kit. Thing's been boxed in storage since 2012.......... Forgot all about it. Molle butt bag, Army squad medical bag and a two quart army canteen all attached to an Army tactical belt supported with 'Y' style equipment suspenders. Quite a bit of the contents are now in the trash......
Back when I used to do a lot of hiking this is what I wore just in case something went wrong.

Okay boys and girls, for our periodic math test:

52863973_1433788556793039_3502080255433113600_n.jpg
I got 17 because 3x10= 30; 10 +2x=20; 10 - 2x = 5; = 10, 2x=10, therefore x has to be 5: and 5 + 2y=9, there fore, y=2
Finally, 5 + 2 + 10 = 17.

I accidentally answered a post by Ernie S on Wild Side Ornithology Club, and even more accidentally answered it. Wild Side Ornithology Club Then I saw the date his post was made in 2012 Went to his profile page and found his last post was made at least a year ago, maybe more. What happened to Ernie S? Anybody know?

Forum List

Back