USMB Coffee Shop IV

There should be one place in the USMB village where folks can just be themselves and get to know each other as we would if we lived next door or worked together or joined the same gym.

This is a place to just come in and say hi, let us know what's going on with you these days, celebrate joys, concerns, jokes, music, hobbies, interests, love and life.

So check your spurs, sidearms, politics, and religious fussing at the door, come in to enjoy an adult beverage or a hot cup of coffee and a piece of pie or whatever comforts your soul, and let's just enjoy each other.

04dKB.jpg
I bust my ass in the gym. You talk it up all u want
I have a gym in my back room, Frannie... bought it early last year and been hittin' it ever since. I LOVE IT... big universal gym.

We got a real frog strangler of a rain last night and it came down fast--2 inches in the rain guage this morning and for Albuquerque that is a LOT. Pretty well trashed our back yard and the water backed up into our enclosed back porch. And the roof has sprung a new leak. And I ask why us???? But I remind myself that it's us because we were here. Oh well. This too shall pass.
YIKES! That is a lot for y'all. We have finally gotten something close to normal weather. That means rain and cooler temps. I'll have to cut wood in the rain now, but it is welcome because the summer was so hot. They've lifted the burn bans and I have a lot of slash to burn off. It's going to be expensive and difficult to keep enough wood around this coming winter. The partner will be here 24/7 and there is no help with him to process enough wood. I'm thinking I'll need at least double the amount I needed last year. He does like it warmer than I do. I'm not even considering the cost of running the generator. As soon as it's too cold to spend time outside, he'll be in here watching his shows all day.
What a shit show. More expensive, less money; more resource intensive, less time to process those resources...

Well sending all kinds of positive vibes your way GW. The partner has no family anywhere who can help with this? At least financially?
Unfortunately, any family the pard has he alienated years ago. They wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire. I am more fortunate because my family is willing to help me out, at least for my sake. The partner is constantly spouting off about going back to his place in town. He knows, or course, that I cannot do that, as much as I'd like to. It's part of the passive-aggressive manipulation. As soon as the docs clear him to drive, he's going back to town and I don't care whether he ever shows up again. My brother did help me with some methods of dealing with abnormal behavior of this type. I have my brother's voice in my head telling me to "shut up, ignore him". It does help...
I think you've put up with more than a normal person should have had to put with already, brother. Cut ties with that worthless SOB and call it a day.

Ya know... there's a lot of other places to live other than Alaska. Where I live out here in Podunk, WI, there's no big town for miles and miles, just little towns, and I mean LITTLE. The population of the next town to the east is about 450. The next town to the west is about 300. The next town to the south is about the same, and the town to the north is biggest town, and it's about only about 5,000. They actually have STOP LIGHTS here and there. But we have modern conveniences and such, like I have high speed cable. So, you can still live relatively away from all the crap but have a nice life with some modern stuff. Move to Wisconsin, bro. The prices of land around here are DIRT CHEAP. I have an acre and a quarter, a nice little house, a two story three bay shop, heated and whatnot, and I got this for $79,500. And as far as sun, today is the Fall equinox here in SW WI. We have the same amount of day as night today. It's the first day of Fall. You wouldn't have to put with a month of NO SUN or a Summer night with MIDNIGHT SUN.

Last edited:
There should be one place in the USMB village where folks can just be themselves and get to know each other as we would if we lived next door or worked together or joined the same gym.

This is a place to just come in and say hi, let us know what's going on with you these days, celebrate joys, concerns, jokes, music, hobbies, interests, love and life.

So check your spurs, sidearms, politics, and religious fussing at the door, come in to enjoy an adult beverage or a hot cup of coffee and a piece of pie or whatever comforts your soul, and let's just enjoy each other.

04dKB.jpg
I have a gym in my back room, Frannie... bought it early last year and been hittin' it ever since. I LOVE IT... big universal gym.

I have a gym in my garage, never use it, as it is hooter free. LA Fitness is hoppin bopping stretchin my eyeballs to the point of poppin boinga boinga boinga and in any direction I look.

tumblr_n54wbdQlVj1rb46qno1_500.jpg

5c1830307386b95d93ff9609_Woman-Holding-Plank-In-Gym.jpg

We got a real frog strangler of a rain last night and it came down fast--2 inches in the rain guage this morning and for Albuquerque that is a LOT. Pretty well trashed our back yard and the water backed up into our enclosed back porch. And the roof has sprung a new leak. And I ask why us???? But I remind myself that it's us because we were here. Oh well. This too shall pass.
YIKES! That is a lot for y'all. We have finally gotten something close to normal weather. That means rain and cooler temps. I'll have to cut wood in the rain now, but it is welcome because the summer was so hot. They've lifted the burn bans and I have a lot of slash to burn off. It's going to be expensive and difficult to keep enough wood around this coming winter. The partner will be here 24/7 and there is no help with him to process enough wood. I'm thinking I'll need at least double the amount I needed last year. He does like it warmer than I do. I'm not even considering the cost of running the generator. As soon as it's too cold to spend time outside, he'll be in here watching his shows all day.
What a shit show. More expensive, less money; more resource intensive, less time to process those resources...

Well sending all kinds of positive vibes your way GW. The partner has no family anywhere who can help with this? At least financially?
Unfortunately, any family the pard has he alienated years ago. They wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire. I am more fortunate because my family is willing to help me out, at least for my sake. The partner is constantly spouting off about going back to his place in town. He knows, or course, that I cannot do that, as much as I'd like to. It's part of the passive-aggressive manipulation. As soon as the docs clear him to drive, he's going back to town and I don't care whether he ever shows up again. My brother did help me with some methods of dealing with abnormal behavior of this type. I have my brother's voice in my head telling me to "shut up, ignore him". It does help...
I think you've put up with more than a normal person should have had to put with already, brother. Cut ties with that worthless SOB and call it a day.

Ya know... there's a lot of other places to live other than Alaska. Where I live out here in Podunk, WI, there's no big town for miles and miles, just little towns, and I mean LITTLE. The population of the next town to the east is about 450. The next town to the west is about 300. The next town to the south is about the same, and the town to the north is biggest town, and it's about only about 5,000. They actually have STOP LIGHTS here and there. But we have modern conveniences and such, like I have high speed cable. So, you can still live relatively away from all the crap but have a nice life with some modern stuff. Move to Wisconsin, bro. The prices of land around here are DIRT CHEAP. I have an acre and a quarter, a nice little house, a two story three bay shop, heated and whatnot, and I got this for $79,500.

Alaska is the best, how much fun is it to hike to the outhouse at 3 in the morning when it's 10 below on a warm night and there are 29 foot snowdrifts....

That rocks

04dKB.jpg

I have a gym in my garage, never use it, as it is hooter free. LA Fitness is hoppin bopping stretchin my eyeballs to the point of poppin boinga boinga boinga and in any direction I look.

Well I started working out when I was in the military, and just got used to it. I moved around a lot in different apartments and couldn't have my own gym. Used the apartment gym but still, I never had a sit down job in my life. I always worked, physically. retired a Master Harley Davidson Tech and after a couple years of moving back to Wisconsin, finally bought another home of my own. Had to have a gym. Nothing like the great feeling of getting PUMPED.

04dKB.jpg

Well I started working out when I was in the military, and just got used to it. I moved around a lot in different apartments and couldn't have my own gym. Used the apartment gym but still, I never had a sit down job in my life. I always worked, physically. retired a Master Harley Davidson Tech and after a couple years of moving back to Wisconsin, finally bought another home of my own. Had to have a gym. Nothing like the great feeling of getting PUMPED.

I have always had a home gym but it's easier to rent a million or more dollars of modern equipment then to work out in the past. Then there are the squats

sports-women-sport-long-hair-brunette-ass-room-shorts-gyms-fitness-model-dumbbells-black-tops-sports-bra-belly-Person-bodybuilding-gym-clothes-structure-barbell-Natalia-Serbinova-gym-muscle-arm-chest-sport-venue-physical-fitness-human-action-physical-exercise-bodypump-squat-weight-training-biceps-curl-strength-training-overhead-press-pull-up-303160.jpg

I know it's hard. But yes, just ignoring bullies does help whether you are dealing with them in your real life or here at USMB or whatever. And he is an emotional bully.
Indeed he is. Thanks to my brother, I am developing methods of dealing with him, too. I am also learning to include all those things the partner did in my own repertoire. Next weekend, I have to change the oil in at least on of the vehicles. All three need it, but I'll deal with them one at a time. Up until now, the partner did the vehicle maintenance. I am also overcoming my fear of chainsaws! You do what you have to, I guess.
I am forever thankful for all the encouragement and support I receiver here. Thanks to all of you!!

Ya know... there's a lot of other places to live other than Alaska. Where I live out here in Podunk, WI, there's no big town for miles and miles, just little towns, and I mean LITTLE. The population of the next town to the east is about 450. The next town to the west is about 300. The next town to the south is about the same, and the town to the north is biggest town, and it's about only about 5,000. They actually have STOP LIGHTS here and there. But we have modern conveniences and such, like I have high speed cable. So, you can still live relatively away from all the crap but have a nice life with some modern stuff. Move to Wisconsin, bro. The prices of land around here are DIRT CHEAP. I have an acre and a quarter, a nice little house, a two story three bay shop, heated and whatnot, and I got this for $79,500. And as far as sun, today is the Fall equinox here in SW WI. We have the same amount of day as night today. It's the first day of Fall. You wouldn't have to put with a month of NO SUN or a Summer night with MIDNIGHT SUN.
Sounds tempting, 007. Another buddy of mine is from WI but he still chooses AK. Of course, I never know what life will dump on my plate. I would be nice to have a neighbor like you, though.

Finally got around to finishing the red squares quilt blocks are sewn together and waiting for a border.

I was zapped today due to stomach trouble. The only thing I could think of to blame was eating a peach this morning, and was so hungry it never occurred to me to wash it first. I ate it on the way home, and didn't taste strange, but was sick a couple of hours later. I overworked at the gym this morning, too, but at least that's behind me now, and I took some lacticum acidum, which gets rid of muscle pain. I've been working on walking longer distances on the walk/run machines, but like to keep my blood pressure under 120 bpms.

Gallantwarrior, you're on my prayer list. Your houseguest may have early onset dementia, which can truly change a person into something he never was before or exacerbate a negative streak a hundredfold (usually Alzheimer's) if that is the case. You're on my prayer list for a peaceful resolution. Your guest may already feel threatened by discovery of his disability, whatever is causing him irrational behavior swings. You may need county help if they deal with people who wake up angry at what trick their body played on them. Prayers up. :thup:

Good night, everyone.

04dKB.jpg

I have always had a home gym but it's easier to rent a million or more dollars of modern equipment then to work out in the past. Then there are the squats

sports-women-sport-long-hair-brunette-ass-room-shorts-gyms-fitness-model-dumbbells-black-tops-sports-bra-belly-Person-bodybuilding-gym-clothes-structure-barbell-Natalia-Serbinova-gym-muscle-arm-chest-sport-venue-physical-fitness-human-action-physical-exercise-bodypump-squat-weight-training-biceps-curl-strength-training-overhead-press-pull-up-303160.jpg

Sounds tempting, 007. Another buddy of mine is from WI but he still chooses AK. Of course, I never know what life will dump on my plate. I would be nice to have a neighbor like you, though.
Hey... and there's a lot more people like me around here, pard. You'd be surprised how CONSERVATIVE WI is outside the leftist cess pools like Madison and Milwaukee. We're just farmers and country folk, and we like our guns and hunting and fishing, and those traditions haven't waned one bit. It's what we do, and it's beautiful here. Lots of lakes and streams and hills and everything is green, I'm tellin' ya bro, Wisconsin is a beautiful state. I've traveled almost ALL of America, and I came back here, but not just because of family, but because of how dang beautiful it is here. We have the Mississippi River on our western border, we have Lake Michigan on the eastern border, and the little peninsula that juts out into Lake Michigan, Door County, Door County Visitor Bureau | Door County, Wisconsin is one of the prettiest places in the entire United States of America, and Lake Superior on our northern border, and millions of acres of public land in between that's just an outside person's paradise. Look at a map of America and find a state that's better situated. So many little lakes up north that are full of Bass, Northerns, Muskies, you name it, and we even reintroduced Elk up north and that herd is growing really nice. I don't know another state that can boast all that, and top that off with incredible buys on land, a low cost of living and still a great standard of living. But the best part is, we don't have a million people wanting to come here. We have winter. They don't like the cold... FINE... DON'T COME... WE WON'T MISS YOU... :lol:

That's my pitch, bro... ;)

Last edited:

I wish he would. He'd be closer than where he is now. Visit time! Maybe full time visit, lol.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Forum List

Back