USMB Coffee Shop IV

Been really busy again, this time working out plans for an addition to the house, a master bath with walk in closet. We only have the one bath with a huge shower so I wanted to work out what it would cost to add an addition........ For now we're renovating the existing bath, we're looking at about $2,500 and not $25,000. Today we went and looked at some tubs, found one the wife likes around $450 then picked out the trim, Moen, together around $1500...... I'm looking elsewhere for the trim package, try to keep it under $400. The tile will be around $800 - 900, just for the tile (floor and wall), she wants turquoise glass subway tile on the walls and either larger white subway tile or white hexagonal on the floor. Figure I'd grout the wall tile with white grout and the floor tile with turquoise grout. If I was 10 years younger I'd be able to do all of it myself.

Of course, cause men's idea of shopping is to get in & get out ASAP...….while a woman's idea of shopping is to search and find the item, take it thru all 5 senses, imagine it's purpose and it's effect, etc. etc. etc. Sometimes we buy & sometimes we don't...….but it's never a rushed ordeal.

Taking a man shopping is like taking kids on a road trip...…...and constantly hearing ''Are we done yet?"

Most guys don't shop, they hunt. Like me, they have a picture in mind of what they want, go right to the place where it's most likely to be. If it's there, it's tried on bought and out the door in 10 minutes.
Believe it or not, the above picture is of two circles that do not touch each other.
Interesting illusion! I noticed if you change the size of the image, you can see that they are two separate circles.

Most guys don't shop, they hunt. Like me, they have a picture in mind of what they want, go right to the place where it's most likely to be. If it's there, it's tried on bought and out the door in 10 minutes.
Believe it or not, the above picture is of two circles that do not touch each other.
Interesting illusion! I noticed if you change the size of the image, you can see that they are two separate circles.
Sorry for the mixed reply. I was replying to another post and got distracted by your pic!

What is shopping to women....is about the same as hunting is to men.

Men are shopping for just the right_______(fill in the blank) whether it's for the trophy or the number of steaks & burgers, the hide or pelt....etc

Women are hunting for just the right______(fill in the blank) whether it's a bargain, newest style or fad, best looking or tasting or?...etc

What is shopping to women....is about the same as hunting is to men.

Men are shopping for just the right_______(fill in the blank) whether it's for the trophy or the number of steaks & burgers, the hide or pelt....etc

Women are hunting for just the right______(fill in the blank) whether it's a bargain, newest style or fad, best looking or tasting or?...etc
It's kind of cliche but I think it's the hunter-gatherer thing. Like in primitive times women would gather anything of value that would help the family survive, it might be mushrooms, fruit, medicine plants etc. Men would be like "Ugh me get Mastadon".

The delusion I mean, illusion <giggle> is intensified as confusing by the placement of the light and dark values that contribute to the "what am I looking at?" confusion as you roll your eyeball around the inner or outer circle. It's tricky, tricky, tricky, tricky! What fun, though, to see everybody's reaction. I'd have to look at it 24/7 for a year to really get used to it being two circles. I have several books on optical art, (and four books on M.C. Escher) but I've never seen that particular object or anything even close to it, which was a little vexing at first as to how the two circles looked so involved with each other, and the shocker that they really weren't winding up together, but totally separate.

Last edited:
Sorry for the mixed reply. I was replying to another post and got distracted by your pic!

Not a problem since I could check agree to both. :)

The delusion I mean, illusion <giggle> is intensified as confusing by the placement of the light and dark values that contribute to the "what am I looking at?" confusion as you roll your eyeball around the inner or outer circle. It's tricky, tricky, tricky, tricky! What fun, though, to see everybody's reaction. I'd have to look at it 24/7 for a year to really get used to it being two circles. I have several books on optical art, (and four books on M.C. Escher) but I've never seen that particular object or anything even close to it, which was a little vexing at first as to how the two circles looked so involved with each other, and the shocker that they really weren't winding up together, but totally separate.

But all our brains are wired just a bit differently. I saw the two separate untouching circles immediately. But sometimes what you guys can easily see in one of these graphics I can't see so easily. No explanation for that.

70088582_10157630118853988_8318564307537231872_n.jpg

Last edited:
Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.
And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Montrovant for continued progress in his transition.
JustAnotherNut for strength and wisdom dealing with challenges.
Gracie & Mr. G in difficult transition and for positive trend to continue.
Seagal and Mr. Seagal.
Peach for healing
Beautress for wellness
Kat for wellness
Mindful and her shoulder for healing
Mrs. Ringel05 for good results and comfort with new meds.
Gallantwarrior for strength, patience, healing, comfort in his challenge with caring for Rod and Rod's healing.
All those we love and care about who aren't on the list.

And we keep the porch light on so that those who have been away can find their way back.

Sometimes we never know what we can handle until we have to.
70033316_698081774000810_8937525616660447232_n.jpg

But all our brains are wired just a bit differently. I saw the two separate untouching circles immediately. But sometimes what you guys can easily see in one of these graphics I can't see so easily. No explanation for that.
FoxFyre, try zooming the image larger and smaller. There seems to be a certain size where the light/dark pattern confuses our brain at least when I did it.

FoxFyre, try zooming the image larger and smaller. There seems to be a certain size where the light/dark pattern confuses our brain at least when I did it.

Nope. I still see two distinct circles, one inside the other, not touching. But again that is just me. On another graphic that most of you others see a certain way just won't look that way to me. The human brain really is an amazing thing, and is different for each and every one of us.

Nope. I still see two distinct circles, one inside the other, not touching. But again that is just me. On another graphic that most of you others see a certain way just won't look that way to me. The human brain really is an amazing thing, and is different for each and every one of us.

I had to follow the circles around with my mouse, before I could believe they did not cross each other.

Forum List

Back