USMB Coffee Shop IV

Isn't Arizona a good place to live, for joint and bones problems?

Yes it is.

The Canary Isles is also a great climate. I felt well there.
If you like the ocean (water)that's a good place.
People who like water are not very happy in a dry desert climate. :)

Also people who enjoy a lot of green, water running under the bridges, etc. often find the landscape out here to be too harsh. It takes awhile to understand it I think, to feel it, to appreciate it, and see the beauty of the high desert.

Been busy with medical appointments for the pard. He got a shock and disappointment when the neurologist told him he cannot legally drive. He was so counting on her just bowing to his wishes and signing off on his request. Hell, he can barely walk! I found out he's sandbagged a set of keys for the Dodge. I'll have to get those off of him because he refuses to accept that he is not capable of driving safely. Two bad bits of news, too. Neurologist says the damage from the stroke is chronic and probably won't heal. That means he'll have to work around his disabilities and work hard to build up strength and dexterity. He's still hoping for some magic pill to cure him. Then, she gave us a referral to a neurosurgeon to find out about some kind of brain infection he's got. I'll have to google all the gobbled-gook to try and understand the details. She wrote a scrip for 20 tests to help figure out what's causing the inflammation and determine whether it's treatable, or not. He's not worried about the brain inflammation, claims they're just trying to make as much money as they can. He also told me he will drive when and where he damned will pleases. The neurologist was just covering her own ass.
I am less alone and more lonely than I can ever remember being.
Well, gotta go feed the beasts. I was waiting to see if the rain would let up. No luck. But I do need to grab a nap and load the truck. I'm going to another buddy's place tomorrow after work to cut up some downed trees for firewood. I'll need all I can get because the partner is here 24/7 and burns a LOT of wood.
I'll check back when I can.
Love y'all and thank everyone for your wishes and prayers.
Bless your heart, gallantwarrior. I had a similar problem, except my husband was so secretive about his illnesses because he didn't want me to worry. But even so, in dementia nature took him over, and he, too, would try to get away with leaving and driving anywhere from around the town and back, or to timbuktu (anywhere) running out of gas over 100 miles away. I finally found all 3 sets of keys, put them in my jeans pockets, and slept in bluejeans with 3 sets of keys that had car keys in them in my pockets all night long every night for a year. At first it wasn't comfortable, but I got used to it because the constables/sheriffs in 3 counties here told me to not let him drive in their counties/areas. I didn't count on being my dear husband's jailer, but that's what it rounded out being. Our children lived too far away to be of assistance, so I carried out this frustrating task because I had to do it, in keeping our agreement to live as free people as long as we could. I respected the agreement and my vows, because I had no choice. I loved him from the top of his head to the longest toenail on his foot. He had been the sweetest guy in the world for the majority of the 44 years of our marriage. I buried him 3.5 years ago. That was hard, because I loved him even when he did stupid stuff that you can expect from a guy who's got a case of dementia hanging over his head. I clung to memories for a long, long time. I've been back to USMB for a little over a year now. I can say, I'm over the most of my initial shock when I woke up from a nap one day to find him not breathing any more. Denial is not just a river in Egypt. I kept thinking we'd wake up one morning, and the phone would ring with a cure for dementia. That call never happened. Now, I am grateful that God took him into his loving arms from this world of heartache and pain. I bless you and pray for what you are going through with, because he's going through much worse with the loses he has, and he probably has a slight amount of guilt in his lucid times for putting you through unthinkable agony. We love you here, GW. Hang in there, ok? :eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray:
I am sorry for your loss, beautress. I cannot imagine losing someone I loved for so long and so deeply. Even worse, watching that vital person deteriorate and sink into the darkness of dementia. But you soldier on and offer solace to others.
I thank you all for every fine thought and wish for wellness you send. P.S. I got the keys!
I have to go. I have another appointment to attend to. Fortunately, I have been legally assigned the partner's agent and am officially a caretaker for him. I am allowed to sit in on almost all his consults, which is good because he doesn't even pay attention to what is being said, or done, to him.

Been busy with medical appointments for the pard. He got a shock and disappointment when the neurologist told him he cannot legally drive. He was so counting on her just bowing to his wishes and signing off on his request. Hell, he can barely walk! I found out he's sandbagged a set of keys for the Dodge. I'll have to get those off of him because he refuses to accept that he is not capable of driving safely. Two bad bits of news, too. Neurologist says the damage from the stroke is chronic and probably won't heal. That means he'll have to work around his disabilities and work hard to build up strength and dexterity. He's still hoping for some magic pill to cure him. Then, she gave us a referral to a neurosurgeon to find out about some kind of brain infection he's got. I'll have to google all the gobbled-gook to try and understand the details. She wrote a scrip for 20 tests to help figure out what's causing the inflammation and determine whether it's treatable, or not. He's not worried about the brain inflammation, claims they're just trying to make as much money as they can. He also told me he will drive when and where he damned will pleases. The neurologist was just covering her own ass.
I am less alone and more lonely than I can ever remember being.
Well, gotta go feed the beasts. I was waiting to see if the rain would let up. No luck. But I do need to grab a nap and load the truck. I'm going to another buddy's place tomorrow after work to cut up some downed trees for firewood. I'll need all I can get because the partner is here 24/7 and burns a LOT of wood.
I'll check back when I can.
Love y'all and thank everyone for your wishes and prayers.
Bless your heart, gallantwarrior. I had a similar problem, except my husband was so secretive about his illnesses because he didn't want me to worry. But even so, in dementia nature took him over, and he, too, would try to get away with leaving and driving anywhere from around the town and back, or to timbuktu (anywhere) running out of gas over 100 miles away. I finally found all 3 sets of keys, put them in my jeans pockets, and slept in bluejeans with 3 sets of keys that had car keys in them in my pockets all night long every night for a year. At first it wasn't comfortable, but I got used to it because the constables/sheriffs in 3 counties here told me to not let him drive in their counties/areas. I didn't count on being my dear husband's jailer, but that's what it rounded out being. Our children lived too far away to be of assistance, so I carried out this frustrating task because I had to do it, in keeping our agreement to live as free people as long as we could. I respected the agreement and my vows, because I had no choice. I loved him from the top of his head to the longest toenail on his foot. He had been the sweetest guy in the world for the majority of the 44 years of our marriage. I buried him 3.5 years ago. That was hard, because I loved him even when he did stupid stuff that you can expect from a guy who's got a case of dementia hanging over his head. I clung to memories for a long, long time. I've been back to USMB for a little over a year now. I can say, I'm over the most of my initial shock when I woke up from a nap one day to find him not breathing any more. Denial is not just a river in Egypt. I kept thinking we'd wake up one morning, and the phone would ring with a cure for dementia. That call never happened. Now, I am grateful that God took him into his loving arms from this world of heartache and pain. I bless you and pray for what you are going through with, because he's going through much worse with the loses he has, and he probably has a slight amount of guilt in his lucid times for putting you through unthinkable agony. We love you here, GW. Hang in there, ok? :eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray:
I am sorry for your loss, beautress. I cannot imagine losing someone I loved for so long and so deeply. Even worse, watching that vital person deteriorate and sink into the darkness of dementia. But you soldier on and offer solace to others.
I thank you all for every fine thought and wish for wellness you send. P.S. I got the keys!
I have to go. I have another appointment to attend to. Fortunately, I have been legally assigned the partner's agent and am officially a caretaker for him. I am allowed to sit in on almost all his consults, which is good because he doesn't even pay attention to what is being said, or done, to him.

As of yesterday, I became the most hated human being on the planet. Gave both dogs and the cat a bath.

Dogs got over it with a treat...…..the cat still scowls at me when I pet her.

She's just lucky I didn't use the hair dryer or shop vac on her :badgrin:

I always used the hair dryer when I gave the dogs or cat a bath when I was a nanny. The cat, in particular, simply didn't get dry enough with just a toweling. She didn't like it, and it could get very frustrating, but she wasn't TOO bad about it. :)

Yes it is.

The Canary Isles is also a great climate. I felt well there.
If you like the ocean (water)that's a good place.
People who like water are not very happy in a dry desert climate. :)

Also people who enjoy a lot of green, water running under the bridges, etc. often find the landscape out here to be too harsh. It takes awhile to understand it I think, to feel it, to appreciate it, and see the beauty of the high desert.
I think I told you all of our first reactions to the desert years ago, now we couldn't see ourselves living anywhere else.

To Foxfyre and Gracie-- I'm so grateful you mentioned the RA protocol, Foxfyre. I looked it up, because as a person who lives in a major pecan-growing area, I was wondering why they mentioned walnuts (cousin of the pecan) as better for RA than almost any other vegetable food and looked up the protocol. It's true. Walnuts have ten times the right kind of Omega 3 that relieves arthritis and other aches. I couldn't believe my eyes, but that's what I found out. Also, there is a picture I found that shows the ten best foods that likely will relieve RA pain best due to this unique Omega 3 oil principle, and here it is:
10-Plant-Foods-High-in-Omega-3.jpg

I've been cued into groceries as preventative medicine since I found a book at Good Will that has a title something like Food that delivers Medicine (?) I can't remember the exact name of the book, and can't find it around here, either, as I used to read it all the time. I'm going to be reorganizing my kitchen for cooking purposes only and put all the fabrics into the sewing room again, so I will likely find the name of the book and publish it here when I locate it. I know it's around here somewhere.

And Miss Piccolo my naughty cat has outdone herself knocking papers, books, and fabrics that I can't reach directly to the floor, so I have to do a lot of laundry and dusting, too, so I have to persevere this task and may have to lay off the computer a few days.

Foxfyre, thanks again for creating a political-off limits at USMB to establish this coffee shop / lounge thread as a place we can meet and sympathize with everyone, whether we agree politically or not. You are the best. :huddle:
It is very nice to come here and chat like normal people. I love you guys and consider you like family. Thank you all!

To Foxfyre and Gracie-- I'm so grateful you mentioned the RA protocol, Foxfyre. I looked it up, because as a person who lives in a major pecan-growing area, I was wondering why they mentioned walnuts (cousin of the pecan) as better for RA than almost any other vegetable food and looked up the protocol. It's true. Walnuts have ten times the right kind of Omega 3 that relieves arthritis and other aches. I couldn't believe my eyes, but that's what I found out. Also, there is a picture I found that shows the ten best foods that likely will relieve RA pain best due to this unique Omega 3 oil principle, and here it is:
10-Plant-Foods-High-in-Omega-3.jpg

I've been cued into groceries as preventative medicine since I found a book at Good Will that has a title something like Food that delivers Medicine (?) I can't remember the exact name of the book, and can't find it around here, either, as I used to read it all the time. I'm going to be reorganizing my kitchen for cooking purposes only and put all the fabrics into the sewing room again, so I will likely find the name of the book and publish it here when I locate it. I know it's around here somewhere.

And Miss Piccolo my naughty cat has outdone herself knocking papers, books, and fabrics that I can't reach directly to the floor, so I have to do a lot of laundry and dusting, too, so I have to persevere this task and may have to lay off the computer a few days.

Foxfyre, thanks again for creating a political-off limits at USMB to establish this coffee shop / lounge thread as a place we can meet and sympathize with everyone, whether we agree politically or not. You are the best. :huddle:
It is very nice to come here and chat like normal people. I love you guys and consider you like family. Thank you all!
Up yours!!!

Oh wait.......

Never mind.

Bit the bullet this morning on getting done with that yellow and purple tall sailing ship quilt for a child. One of the horizontal rows is the sea water under the ship, and just right above the body of the ship (which isn't much of a big deal) you need one solitary row of skylight and an inch of mast showing under one of each of four rows of sails. The result was very pleasing, but not much of a tiny baby quilt. Fortunately, I made 40 solid yellow log cabin squares, 10 purple ones, and about 50 half yellow logs and half purple logs
The small quilts we make for infants -
make great baby quilts, small, but quite covering for newborns:
These are the half yellow, half (dark) squares:
th

This is more or less a "courthouse steps" Log cabin
And I have starts for a couple of quilts like this for babies:
867ab8f9cca92b1f158f8f6dc5a99d92.jpg

I just gotta do one with the starts.
Below are the echo arrangement of log cabins,
And what a lovely piece of modern art this one
adds to the room it is used in ~
fe5e25cc47bc795509af007ffa30a1d5.jpg
I know the girls in the guild wonder why I love the log cabin. It's because after I did a charity show for my Squad Car (shock victims) quilts. I realized I could spend an entire lifetime enjoying the making of log cabins.
For that show, I worked a solid six months and produced the 24 log cabin quilts that made up the show.
All those quilts went to being bagged and placed in the squad cars back then to be used for
when a patrol car encountered a bad wreck in which the driver or passenger that survived it was
about to go into shock. One may have been diverted to be a give-away to show attendees who donated a dollar
for the Police annual victims' compensation fund to help a community victim of crime or accident. If their name was drawn, they got the quilt, as I recollect.
It's always fun to have something different about a quilt show, and I had 7 years in which I made up quilts to show at city hall, which added to people who had to go to city hall for one reason or another. Every month, except for the summer quilt show, the Casper city hall folks used their large gathering area around offices for an artist show. The city was so remote it was really good for the artists to have one place that showed their quilts. What a great deal all the way around for the entire city community--a simple trip to town to tend to a little item of business, and to get greeted with an art or a quilt show. Everyone enjoyed it. I hope they still do things like that, I retired 10 years ago and moved south to help alleviate fibromyalgia pain, because it couldn't be colder in the winter than it was up there.

As of yesterday, I became the most hated human being on the planet. Gave both dogs and the cat a bath.

She'll get over it after filling your shoes a couple of times.

She's fine now and I think it's because she was missing the attention in her self imposed exile. :badgrin:

For about a month (before the bath episode) I'd find a puddle on the kitchen floor nearly every morning but wasn't sure if it was her or the older dog that I thought couldn't hold it overnight anymore. It was getting frustrating trying to figure out who the culprit was to determine the best method how to stop it.....till I remembered how she would piddle on the bathroom rug. So I sat the spray bottle on the floor at night before bed, just as I'd done in the bathroom and it stopped.

My best guess of WHY she did it.....1. She doesn't like bathroom rugs :dunno: and 2. We hadn't been letting her outside as frequently. She does have not 1 but 2 litter boxes to choose from but I guess she likes going outside.

I always used the hair dryer when I gave the dogs or cat a bath when I was a nanny. The cat, in particular, simply didn't get dry enough with just a toweling. She didn't like it, and it could get very frustrating, but she wasn't TOO bad about it. :)

Cats are more difficult to dry than dogs and they can catch cold or get sick from it if not dried & warmed in a timely manner. I've used both a hair dryer and the shop vac in the past, but that day it just seemed like added 'punishment' and I was tired & didn't have the strength to hold her down any longer. I figured I was getting off lucky with no injuries thru the 3 baths, I wasn't going to push it thru a blow dry :21:

We never bathed our cats unless it was absolutely necessary--like the time our tom caught ringworm and we had to give him and mama cat a medicated bath every day for a few days which took care of it. But otherwise they kept themselves clean or if they did get into something stinky, a little dry shampoo took care of itl

We never bathed our cats unless it was absolutely necessary--like the time our tom caught ringworm and we had to give him and mama cat a medicated bath every day for a few days which took care of it. But otherwise they kept themselves clean or if they did get into something stinky, a little dry shampoo took care of itl

We had the animals get fleas on a few occasions. I ended up shaving and bathing the cat and bathing the dogs. The cat has very long fur, and it was hard to get the flea shampoo really thoroughly on her with all the fur. She didn't get shaved all the way to her skin, but I got her fur short before the bath. For a cat, she was pretty good about it. At first she was just a bit annoyed, but as the bath went on, she'd start whining at me. She didn't try to claw me or anything, though.

She comes to say hi and try to get petting whenever I pick up or drop of the little one now.

Good news from Mr. P's heart specialist.
Well good and some bad.
Bad is ,he will need open-heart bypass surgery of maybe 4 to 5 Synthetic veins.
Good news he has an 80% survival rate, compared to less than 40% with all of his conditions factored in.
This is based on the vast majority in his same condition who need oxygen when he never has.
In other words, his capillaries are in very good condition which is giving him the oxygen he needs.
Without this surgery doc says he has maybe 4 to 5 years left.
He is 73.
With it he could live into his late 80's or 90's.
In a couple more weeks Mr. P will have open heart surgery for sure.
He has one more appointment with another Doc. who is a specialist in vein surgery.
Then the surgery.

I also had change of plans today, because of the wind I can't finish the garage door trim.
So I have some rest of down time.
Really needed for me right now. :)
I think this afternoon I'm going to watch something on Netflix.

Bit the bullet this morning on getting done with that yellow and purple tall sailing ship quilt for a child. One of the horizontal rows is the sea water under the ship, and just right above the body of the ship (which isn't much of a big deal) you need one solitary row of skylight and an inch of mast showing under one of each of four rows of sails. The result was very pleasing, but not much of a tiny baby quilt. Fortunately, I made 40 solid yellow log cabin squares, 10 purple ones, and about 50 half yellow logs and half purple logs
The small quilts we make for infants -
make great baby quilts, small, but quite covering for newborns:
These are the half yellow, half (dark) squares:
th

This is more or less a "courthouse steps" Log cabin
And I have starts for a couple of quilts like this for babies:
867ab8f9cca92b1f158f8f6dc5a99d92.jpg

I just gotta do one with the starts.
Below are the echo arrangement of log cabins,
And what a lovely piece of modern art this one
adds to the room it is used in ~
fe5e25cc47bc795509af007ffa30a1d5.jpg
I know the girls in the guild wonder why I love the log cabin. It's because after I did a charity show for my Squad Car (shock victims) quilts. I realized I could spend an entire lifetime enjoying the making of log cabins.
For that show, I worked a solid six months and produced the 24 log cabin quilts that made up the show.
All those quilts went to being bagged and placed in the squad cars back then to be used for
when a patrol car encountered a bad wreck in which the driver or passenger that survived it was
about to go into shock. One may have been diverted to be a give-away to show attendees who donated a dollar
for the Police annual victims' compensation fund to help a community victim of crime or accident. If their name was drawn, they got the quilt, as I recollect.
It's always fun to have something different about a quilt show, and I had 7 years in which I made up quilts to show at city hall, which added to people who had to go to city hall for one reason or another. Every month, except for the summer quilt show, the Casper city hall folks used their large gathering area around offices for an artist show. The city was so remote it was really good for the artists to have one place that showed their quilts. What a great deal all the way around for the entire city community--a simple trip to town to tend to a little item of business, and to get greeted with an art or a quilt show. Everyone enjoyed it. I hope they still do things like that, I retired 10 years ago and moved south to help alleviate fibromyalgia pain, because it couldn't be colder in the winter than it was up there.

Holy COW! Those quilts are just amazing. I hope someday to have time to devote to my projects. You know, those laying about in boxes and bags, gathering dust or just moldering into dust?

She'll get over it after filling your shoes a couple of times.

She's fine now and I think it's because she was missing the attention in her self imposed exile. :badgrin:

For about a month (before the bath episode) I'd find a puddle on the kitchen floor nearly every morning but wasn't sure if it was her or the older dog that I thought couldn't hold it overnight anymore. It was getting frustrating trying to figure out who the culprit was to determine the best method how to stop it.....till I remembered how she would piddle on the bathroom rug. So I sat the spray bottle on the floor at night before bed, just as I'd done in the bathroom and it stopped.

My best guess of WHY she did it.....1. She doesn't like bathroom rugs :dunno: and 2. We hadn't been letting her outside as frequently. She does have not 1 but 2 litter boxes to choose from but I guess she likes going outside.
Cats are individuals and can definitely have their preferences. I had a Sphinx cat who would use his box...unless someone else had used it first. I had to clean the box after each use or be prepared to clean up the mess in front of the box. The worst was a cat who would protest by peeing on the electric stove top. Pee-eeww!

Forum List

Back