USMB Coffee Shop IV

Just returned from the Cancer Center, no chemo today. This latest treatment didn't work but we still have other options which is good cause the wife was afraid they were going to cut her loose with no other options available. One option is working with the insurance company to get an exception so she can go to MD Anderson, the insurance only covers New Mexico unless an exception is granted. There's also a phase one trial starting up here at UNM their trying to see if she can get into but we have to get her creatinine level up to normal range first and see if her estrogen markers match the test requirements. There's also one other drug that was recommended by the MD Anderson UNM consultant that is another option.
Thanks for your continued prayers and good wishes.

Just returned from the Cancer Center, no chemo today. This latest treatment didn't work but we still have other options which is good cause the wife was afraid they were going to cut her loose with no other options available. One option is working with the insurance company to get an exception so she can go to MD Anderson, the insurance only covers New Mexico unless an exception is granted. There's also a phase one trial starting up here at UNM their trying to see if she can get into but we have to get her creatinine level up to normal range first and see if her estrogen markers match the test requirements. There's also one other drug that was recommended by the MD Anderson UNM consultant that is another option.

You guys are on my permanent critical prayer list. :)

Hi yinz guys. Sorry for the absence. Everybody is fine except my sister-in-law's son from her previous marriage. In the ever evolving institution, rhe American family, there ought to be a term for my relationship to him. Step Uncle comes close. He suffers with a degenerative bone condition effectively destroying his hips. This time last year he had his left hip rebuilt with ceramics and titanium. On January 30th, he had his right hip hardware store installed. May I ask for some groovy Coffee Shop vibes for him?

He is also the father of my, okay here we go again, Step Nephew, Jhett. He's 9 and the world's sweetest kid. I've never seen him throw a fit or pout, just grin.

I've consulted Mimi (my sister-in-law) and we decided Jhett needs an Uncle Ducky of his own. Those of you who have lost minutes from your life reading my ramblings might recall my sainted Uncle Ducky. Uncle Ducky was adventurous, what we in this neck of the woods call 'ornery', a raconteur and general hero of my boyhood. That's not to say Pop wasn't my hero. He was my ideal of a gentleman. But Ducky told the best stories, gave the best birthday gifts, and could be relied on to take the boys out for hot dogs and root beer.

So I took Jhett out for breakfast Saturday morning. Jhett is small for his age, but plays point guard on his school basketball team. And they just won the county elementary school championship! He ordered a build your own omlet with all the available fillings, homefries, a bottle of Frank's Hot Sauce all washed down with chocolate milk.

He made a puddle of hot sauce on the side of his plate. Every forkful got dipped in that puddle. He's nine and could eat styrofoam. He eats like Cool Hand Luke.

So far, I've taught him how funny, and yet regrettable it is to pull my finger. I cut and pasted a Land 'o Lakes one pound butter box so the Indian girl appears to be cupping her lady bumps instead of yet another butter box. I gave him a set of hacky sack balls and taught him to juggle.

I hope I'm making a 'Ducky' impression. It has been fun!

Happy to see you Nosmo. You are a missed person/poet/anthologist or whatever when you are away for so long. :) And the step nephew goes on the list.

upload_2020-2-6_15-42-47.png

Finally got to see the endo/colon doc. Been a long assed wait, too! All is well. No more colitis but I do have diverticulosis. No polyps, no nothing. Said my throat was "stretched" and craped which is why it hurt so long. Other than that...no problems found. Said I MIGHT have celiac disease and wants a blood test..to which I semi declined. I don't really care, and have no problems eating breads and whatnot. So maybe later, I said. Over all...clean bill.

Meanwhile..I have held off announcing it because I STILL won't believe its happening until it actually does...but....Just before MrG went into the hospital..home called. We are now #3 on the wait list and had to get a buttload of info ready for the apartment. Manager called today to walk us thru the plethora of paperwork, and it was a 1 & 1/2 meeting via the phone. We got everything filled out and now..we wait some more. She said nobody has given notice yet, but will by spring which is usually when they give notice...and when that happens..be ready to pack up and finally go home. But like I said..I won't believe it until I get the call that says "you apartment will be ready on the first of the month...send the deposit". THEN I will believe it. :)
My meat hooks are double-crossed for you and Mr. G. How great would it be to finally get into some kind of stable, safe home. But what about the "dependents"? What will you do about your kitties?
Kitties going with us. BOTH of them. We just gotta get a doc note for both as companion animals. One for Mrg and Abby..one for me and Evie. :)
Good for you! They are companions but to you or are you companions to them? Any vet who would deny such a request would be a fool. Match made in heaven for all of yo.

Arggh! Catching up makes me feel like some kind of hog.
Well, the winter drags on, brutally. I lost another kid to the cold, I suspect her mamma smothered her. I have two severely frostbitten kids in the "maternity ward" and am hoping for the best. Fortunately, the two mommas are mother an daughter so they are not competing for space, food, and water. But the kids got bad frostbite on their hind feet and both are swollen with suppurating blisters. I'm using antibiotics and am hoping that gangrene does not become an issue. If that happens, well...the kids will have to be put down.
There is a series of issues that have made this a problem. I will not go into detail but it is disappointing. Not to mention, my house will be a goat barn until it warms up above freezing for the season.
This is all pretty petty stuff compared to folks like Gracie, Peach, Ringel, and Ollie, among others. Sorry.

What you are dealing with is more than most of us could handle GW. You all are on my prayer list.
I have ordered some injectable antibiotics. If these little ones' feet go septic, I'll need everything I can muster to fight the infection. With frostbite, the infection of ruined tissues is the biggest issue. Topical antibiotics for now, less damaging and invasive to their young systems. I don't mind the barn-like atmosphere because these babies can't go outside until we are safely past their freezing again. Poor little things, beginning their lives with such pain...

Dayum gallantwarrior ...you are going thru some major shit! I sure wish things would go easier on you. Wish you were out of that fridge you call Alaska too, and in warmer tolerable wather and closer to someone that could help. Are you determined to stay there or as you get older, do you think it may be too hard to survive in such harsh conditions and being alone doing it all? Seriously...what are you going to do when you are 75 and 80? This is why I want our own forever home because MrG and I are falling apart faster now. Each day that passes, something else goes wrong with our bodies. I have weird scarey dreams when I do sleep, and when awake, all I want to do is sleep even though I dread it. And ache? Hip is now worse than my wrists. If I had a choice, I'd take the wrist pain over the hip pain. I can't imagine what you are going thru with your hip plus having to deal with all the crap you are dealing with.:(
Truth, Gracie...I have been thinking I might see whether my bachelor brother might not want a roommate. We get along really well and he wants to travel. I could take care of his place while he was away. I love Alaska, though. I don't know what I would do with the fur-fam. Like you, I just cannot abandon everyone to their own devices. I'll see how things develop over the next year, or so. Nevada does have its charms...like having family nearby.

Dayum gallantwarrior ...you are going thru some major shit! I sure wish things would go easier on you. Wish you were out of that fridge you call Alaska too, and in warmer tolerable wather and closer to someone that could help. Are you determined to stay there or as you get older, do you think it may be too hard to survive in such harsh conditions and being alone doing it all? Seriously...what are you going to do when you are 75 and 80? This is why I want our own forever home because MrG and I are falling apart faster now. Each day that passes, something else goes wrong with our bodies. I have weird scarey dreams when I do sleep, and when awake, all I want to do is sleep even though I dread it. And ache? Hip is now worse than my wrists. If I had a choice, I'd take the wrist pain over the hip pain. I can't imagine what you are going thru with your hip plus having to deal with all the crap you are dealing with.:(

Gracie have you tried this? Since the doc told me I can't have any more Nsaids (Advil, Motrin, et al), and I refuse to take opioids other than for a very short period, pain management required some other measures. I have found this helps with chronic pain a good deal. Anti-inflammatory, non addictive, no really measurable THC, zero CBD and pretty cheap. I order it from Amazon.

Manitoba Harvest Hemp Oil Softgels, 1000mg, 10g Omega 3&6 per serving, 120 Count (Pack of 1) - Zero CBD
4.2 out of 5 stars
It's supposed to be good. I still distrust their claims about not leaving any traces and I am still in a DOD job subject to random testing. I have been pretty diligent about my turmeric the last few weeks and have been experiencing lots less pain than usual.

Hi everybody.
Mr. P is home, fed and settled in his man cave playing his computer game.
He was surprised and like the new look.

The Doc said he could be up and about driving and riding his Can Am again in 4 to 6 weeks.
Meanwhile I'm his taxi.
Lot's of doctor appointments coming up.
Glad he is home and doing well. Riding his CanAm will serve as a rewarding goal. How are you holding up?

Hi yinz guys. Sorry for the absence. Everybody is fine except my sister-in-law's son from her previous marriage. In the ever evolving institution, rhe American family, there ought to be a term for my relationship to him. Step Uncle comes close. He suffers with a degenerative bone condition effectively destroying his hips. This time last year he had his left hip rebuilt with ceramics and titanium. On January 30th, he had his right hip hardware store installed. May I ask for some groovy Coffee Shop vibes for him?

He is also the father of my, okay here we go again, Step Nephew, Jhett. He's 9 and the world's sweetest kid. I've never seen him throw a fit or pout, just grin.

I've consulted Mimi (my sister-in-law) and we decided Jhett needs an Uncle Ducky of his own. Those of you who have lost minutes from your life reading my ramblings might recall my sainted Uncle Ducky. Uncle Ducky was adventurous, what we in this neck of the woods call 'ornery', a raconteur and general hero of my boyhood. That's not to say Pop wasn't my hero. He was my ideal of a gentleman. But Ducky told the best stories, gave the best birthday gifts, and could be relied on to take the boys out for hot dogs and root beer.

So I took Jhett out for breakfast Saturday morning. Jhett is small for his age, but plays point guard on his school basketball team. And they just won the county elementary school championship! He ordered a build your own omlet with all the available fillings, homefries, a bottle of Frank's Hot Sauce all washed down with chocolate milk.

He made a puddle of hot sauce on the side of his plate. Every forkful got dipped in that puddle. He's nine and could eat styrofoam. He eats like Cool Hand Luke.

So far, I've taught him how funny, and yet regrettable it is to pull my finger. I cut and pasted a Land 'o Lakes one pound butter box so the Indian girl appears to be cupping her lady bumps instead of yet another butter box. I gave him a set of hacky sack balls and taught him to juggle.

You know you have my CS vibes for him. I'm sure if you do anything vaguely "Uncle Ducky" for him that you do for us you will ace it. Hopefully Jhett will gain strength and become his own "NoSmo" in time.

Damn, Ringel! Prayers up that this latest treatment will be the magic cure for Mrs. Ringel.

Apologies for being too rare here. I have been dealing with a lot. Two critically injured kids. A seminar on the B777 that means an extra $1200 bonus if I can complete it. Trying to get the partner trained to do his own computer work. I also have to come up with and extra $550 to buy wood that I couldn't get myself due to lack of time. I'm also carrying several of the pard's bills, utilities for the house in Anchorage mostly. My youngest granddaughter has had a major meltdown and the oldest is getting ready to go off to college on her own. Arrgghhh!!!
At least I am still healthy and am looking forward to my hip surgery and an extended visit by one brother and another two brothers coming up to help out. I wish the others here had as much to look forward to.
Y'all are the best! Thanks for everything.
Temps are above freezing today and the snow is melting quickly. Of course, it is still too early but it is a break from the brutal temps we've had the last few months.

Truth, Gracie...I have been thinking I might see whether my bachelor brother might not want a roommate. We get along really well and he wants to travel. I could take care of his place while he was away. I love Alaska, though. I don't know what I would do with the fur-fam. Like you, I just cannot abandon everyone to their own devices. I'll see how things develop over the next year, or so. Nevada does have its charms...like having family nearby.
Take the fur fam with you. Just for funzies, I was browsing small ranchettes in Montana. Cold, but not as cold as Alaska. And on acreage. Maybe sell your property/land, buy somewhere else you can survive winters and still have your furkids AND be closer to folks. Get a place with a small caretaker cottage, we would come. But...we are pretty decrepit now so....not much we can do. Except be there for ya. Company, ya know. :)

Well Mr. P is back at the hospital.
He came home Tue. afternoon and had a rough night all night long.
He was taken by ambulance on early Wed. morning to the Benson Hospital and they said he has water in his lungs and around his heart.
They transported him back to TMC and he is resting and doing fairly well.
He has to sleep sitting up.
They said they might have to go in surgically to drain it if he still hasn't gotten rid of most of the water tomorrow.

It's been very busy for the last 2 days.
At least I got to catch up on badly needed sleep Tuesday night.
We both are doing ok though. :)

Last edited:

Gracie have you tried this? Since the doc told me I can't have any more Nsaids (Advil, Motrin, et al), and I refuse to take opioids other than for a very short period, pain management required some other measures. I have found this helps with chronic pain a good deal. Anti-inflammatory, non addictive, no really measurable THC, zero CBD and pretty cheap. I order it from Amazon.

Manitoba Harvest Hemp Oil Softgels, 1000mg, 10g Omega 3&6 per serving, 120 Count (Pack of 1) - Zero CBD
4.2 out of 5 stars
It's supposed to be good. I still distrust their claims about not leaving any traces and I am still in a DOD job subject to random testing. I have been pretty diligent about my turmeric the last few weeks and have been experiencing lots less pain than usual.

Yes, I would not recommend it for anybody working in a zero tolerance environment. Most if they got the kind of positive this product might possibly produce would do a second test that would clear the matter up. But not all. It's kind of like knowing not to eat poppy seeds if you're subject to random drug tests.

Well Mr. P is back at the hospital.
He came home Tue. afternoon and had a rough night all night long.
He was taken by ambulance on early Wed. morning to the Benson Hospital and they said he has water in his lungs and around his heart.
They transported him back to TMC and he is resting and doing fairly well.
He has to sleep sitting up.
They said they might have to go in surgically to drain it if he still hasn't gotten rid of most of the water tomorrow.

It's been very busy for the last 2 days.
At least I got to catch up on badly needed sleep Tuesday night.
We both are doing ok though. :)

Oh wow Peach. Not good news. I mean it's good you're both doing okay, but not good news he had this set back. Hard on him. And you.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Montrovant for continued progress in his transition.
Seagal and Mr. Seagal.
Kat for wellness
JustAnotherNut for wellness
Jackson for wellness.
Mindful and healing for her shoulder.
Beautress for wellness.
Gracie and Mr. G. for continued progress for solutions.
Extra prayers/positive vibes for gallantwarrior dealing with his own health issues as well as a terribly difficult situation with Rod and stresses of caring for the animals.
Peach's Mr. P for continued progress, healing, and recovery.
Ringel and Ms Ringel - comfort, wellness, solutions for both.
Good results for Nosmo's step nephew dealing with difficult surgeries.

And we leave a light on so that those who have been away can find their way back, and we rejoice when they do.

at-the-end-of-the-day-all-you-need-is-hope-and-strength-hope-that-it-will-get-better-and-s.jpg

Forum List

Back