USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning everybody. So after I fired the electrician Lowe's sent out--the guy was totally incompetent--I consulted the neighbors and came up with Murray who came by to analyze our rather complicated situation late yesterday afternoon. So he determined that our circuits are all just fine--the other guy said they were dead--but we had a couple of fixtures shorted out likely due to the one frog strangler of a rainstorm we had last year. Replace those at a nominal cost and we're good to go. He figured out to fix our front porch light situation and will install the fan/light assembly that did require a new box, do some other repairs--total bill $315 plus tax. Can't complain about that. Plus we loved Murray. :)

Meanwhile, trying to get our installation contract with Lowes cancelled was an adventure and I was finally required to pitch a mild hissy fit after they tried to transfer me to somebody else for the fifth time. But got that done.

So I'm up way earlier than usual because Murray is coming to do the work and he gets started early.

And at the usual 4:30 am time when the birds of the forest outside my bedroom window begin chirping in unison, I awakened, but THIS day...surprise...closed the window and was able to go back to slumber and catch some serious Zs....though the accompanying dreams were not something I needed right before waking for the day. :eek: All I can say is I hope my pretty and sweet cat, Laci, doesn't really have cancer...:(

While not rare, cat cancer is uncommon. Let's hope she will be fine.

I don't quite follow -- is there a suspicion Laci has cancer ---- or was that just a dream?

My favorite Pierce Brosnan movie was "Dante's Peak" with Linda Hamilton. Last night I watched the much aged Linda Hamilton in a wierd sci-fi thing in which this monster was attacking our naval fleet--she was an admiral on an aircraft carrier. While still a fine actress, she has not aged well while he looks better than ever. It just isn't fair sometimes.

23LOVEPUNCH-master675-v2.jpg

You enjoy watching really bad B movies, huh? :lol:

I don't think Dante's Peak was a bad B movie though. It is among my favorites of my fairly large and growing collection of disaster movies. Now "Bermuda Tentacles", yeah, pretty bad though I don't know if it qualifies as a B movie--they appeared to be using a real aircraft carrier. I'll watch Dante's Peak again and again. I doubt I'll ever watch "Bermuda Tentacles" again and I sure won't be adding it to my private collection. :)

You're probably right that Dante's Peak wasn't a B movie. I do think it was pretty bad, though. :lol:

Bermuda Tentacles almost certainly qualifies as a B movie. If the name isn't enough, apparently it was a made for SyFy channel movie. That's just about automatically a B movie. :D

On my fourth bucket of coffee. It's safe to converse with me now.

(This has been a public service announcement.)

Converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse...

:D

Gus vs the Pool

Playing with his new pool inside; He thinks it's much better. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt7rXE9vhNY

Too funny. I didn't think he'd get it in but at least he dumped the water out first. LOL.

When we lived up on the mountain, our son and DIL would leave their Pomperanian and their Golden Retriever with us for extended periods when they were vacationing or moving or whatever. So during one of those periods, Hombre got a wild hair and bought them a wading pool for the back yard. Our dog--half Lhasa Apso and half Keeshound, and the Pom would have nothing to do with it other than attempt to drink out of it. They wanted no part of getting their feet wet in it. But the Golden Retriever was in it like a shot, pushing her nose all the way to the bottom and loving every minute of splashing and playing in it.

Caffeineloading_zpsaee613b1.png

Good morning, everyone, and TGIF!

Today's celeb no. 1 drinking coffee:

a5388d056f89980977d4d1b042087a93.jpg

Ok, I admit that I'm a big Gwyneth Paltrow fan, although I'm usually more for brunettes. She is just stunningly beautiful.

I would prefer sipping a cup with him... that would totally make my morning, my day, my week, my month, my year.... you get the idea... :lol:

Butler+sips+and+strolls+PHpvkohLckwl.jpg

I'll stick with the babe.

Caffeineloading_zpsaee613b1.png

Good morning, everyone, and TGIF!

Today's celeb no. 1 drinking coffee:

a5388d056f89980977d4d1b042087a93.jpg

Ok, I admit that I'm a big Gwyneth Paltrow fan, although I'm usually more for brunettes. She is just stunningly beautiful.

I would prefer sipping a cup with him... that would totally make my morning, my day, my week, my month, my year.... you get the idea... :lol:

Butler+sips+and+strolls+PHpvkohLckwl.jpg

I'll stick with the babe.

That's good, cause you weren't invited... :D

Converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse, converse...

Okay, okay. Here he is, drinking coffee.

moningon_522.jpg

I take it you have stock in said company......... :eusa_whistle:

Okay, okay. Here he is, drinking coffee.

moningon_522.jpg

Nah, this is me with coffee.

cafe3.png

I take it you have stock in said company......... :eusa_whistle:

Corporate Secrets!!! Psssshhhh!

Ok, the answer to the teenage movie star will be in the new avatar: who is it?

And the cancer on my shoulder was declared nebulous and removed with a frozen spray. I was in and out of the office in 53 minutes.

Good service, VA.

Last edited:
Ok, the answer to the teenage movie star will be in the new avatar: who is it?

And the cancer on my shoulder was declared nebulous and removed with a frozen spray. I was in and out of the office in 53 minutes.

Good service, VA.

I don't think I've ever heard a cancer referred to as "nebulous" but congratulations Jake :eusa_dance:

This opens up all kinds of possibilities though...
"we found your malaria to be 'vague'"....
"you have the bends, but it's an 'irrelevant' variety"....
"bad news: you have the measles. Good news: it's 'wishy-washy'".

Forum List

Back