USMB Coffee Shop IV

I miss you too, mon cher Lumpikins. I hope life is treating you and Mrs. Lumpikins faboo these days! Are you still in Bend?
It’s a good life Lady Boe .. I’ve never lived in Bend, way too liberal and arm pity for me, especially now .. it’s like a mini Portland. I bet it was a beautiful place to be years ago.

We live north of Bend on what used to be farm land but then got swallowed by Redmond.

So how’s life treating you Darlin?

Last edited:
This would have been my beloved sister’s birthday today. It’s fitting that this is national coffee day given that no coffee has tasted as sweet as the ones she lovingly created for me. I sure miss her kicking my butt for being such a putz in the younger years but I’m believing we’ll share hugs again.. 😀

It’s a good life Lady Boe .. I’ve never lived in Bend, way too liberal and arm pity for me, especially now .. it’s like a mini Portland. I bet it was a beautiful place to be years ago.

We live north of Bend on what used to be farm land but then got swallowed by Redmond.

So how’s life treating you Darlin?

Life is good. mr. boe and I have finally determined we are retiring early next year. We have some 'splorin' to do to figure out where we want to go. Right now, we plan to travel quite a bit to make up for some lost time. After a few years of care-giving and losing parents, and then the inane government abuse of power lockdowns, we're going to hit the road. We have a few friends who moved to Bend area, so will head to OR at some point - but next year we're going to focus on Europe. Thinking of Portugal to start - I just bought the newest Rick Steve's book (he has good, affordable recommendations). We won't do his full iternary - too programmed for us. We mostly want to be sans-schedule after years of corporate life!

Life is good. mr. boe and I have finally determined we are retiring early next year. We have some 'splorin' to do to figure out where we want to go. Right now, we plan to travel quite a bit to make up for some lost time. After a few years of care-giving and losing parents, and then the inane government abuse of power lockdowns, we're going to hit the road. We have a few friends who moved to Bend area, so will head to OR at some point - but next year we're going to focus on Europe. Thinking of Portugal to start - I just bought the newest Rick Steve's book (he has good, affordable recommendations). We won't do his full iternary - too programmed for us. We mostly want to be sans-schedule after years of corporate life!
It might be too structured for folks who resist being 'programmed' :), but one of my Texas cousins and her husband recently took one of those world cruises beginning in Australia/New Zealand, many many Asian ports and points of interest, many many Mediterranean ports and points of interest. I think they were gone for I want to say three months? But they enjoyed it immensely. Pretty pricey though. Hombre and I could never afford it. But if we could I sure would consider it.

Today's Our Day Coffee Shop IV Peeps!

NATIONAL COFFEE DAY | SEPTEMBER 29

Whether getting one to go or lingering over a second cup, on September 29th be sure to observe National Coffee Day!

Thank you for this public service announcement Boe!!! Certainly it should not pass without a bit of ceremony in a place called The USMB Coffee Shop :)
1696038763758.png

This is but one of the many mysteries of marriage. Both my wife and I are professed homebodies yet somehow she offers us up for dinner and visits with friends, such is the dilemma of this evening.

Bottom line, catch you later and “the look” 😒won…😄

This is but one of the many mysteries of marriage. Both my wife and I are professed homebodies yet somehow she offers us up for dinner and visits with friends, such is the dilemma of this evening.

Well Lumpy my dear, just accept that we women are not going to be entirely predictable, and even the hermits and homebodies sometimes just simply want a break from the usual routine. :)

Well Lumpy my dear, just accept that we women are not going to be entirely predictable, and even the hermits and homebodies sometimes just simply want a break from the usual routine. :)
Well as long as it’s not shopping I generally don’t put up much resistance especially if it’s going out for dinner.

It might be too structured for folks who resist being 'programmed' :), but one of my Texas cousins and her husband recently took one of those world cruises beginning in Australia/New Zealand, many many Asian ports and points of interest, many many Mediterranean ports and points of interest. I think they were gone for I want to say three months? But they enjoyed it immensely. Pretty pricey though. Hombre and I could never afford it. But if we could I sure would consider it.

The one cruise we really wan to do is through the Fjords of Norway. It makes some of DNA to carthwheels to think of it!

Look on the brightside - getting out of the house makes coming home extra nice!

The one cruise we really wan to do is through the Fjords of Norway. It makes some of DNA to carthwheels to think of it!
We did a week's cruise in Alaska that was wonderful, especially with a long layover in Vancouver on the way home, and would love to do it again. Also did the western Caribbean--Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel that was also great but had some rough seas. A few others we've thought about but never got to it.

I love cruising. I feel pampered and cared for, good food, good entertainment and always something to do on board ship when there is no scenery to photograph and there are always interesting things in the port cities. And you unpack once and that's it as your lovely stateroom goes with you everywhere you go. We've let our passports expire now though so would have to renew. But that's doable.

We did a week's cruise in Alaska that was wonderful, especially with a long layover in Vancouver on the way home, and would love to do it again. Also did the western Caribbean--Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel that was also great but had some rough seas. A few others we've thought about but never got to it.

I love cruising. I feel pampered and cared for, good food, good entertainment and always something to do on board ship when there is no scenery to photograph and there are always interesting things in the port cities. And you unpack once and that's it as your lovely stateroom goes with you everywhere you go. We've let our passports expire now though so would have to renew. But that's doable.

We'd like to do Alaska too!

My passport is good for another 4 years, but I realized my Global Entry pass expired last year, so I'm started the renewal process. Definitely want that in place before flying again.

We'd like to do Alaska too!

My passport is good for another 4 years, but I realized my Global Entry pass expired last year, so I'm started the renewal process. Definitely want that in place before flying again.
I wonder if that would have saved my cuticle scissors? You know how tiny they are, the blade part less than 1 inch long? But when we were packing in Vancouver to come home I forgot to pack my cosmetic kit in the checked suitcase so tossed it into my carry on backpack. Going through security the camera picked up those cuticle scissors and they confiscated them and a set of tweezers.

Now honestly. How seriously would you take a terrorist who said, "Stand back! I've got tweezers!"?

I wonder if that would have saved my cuticle scissors? You know how tiny they are, the blade part less than 1 inch long? But when we were packing in Vancouver to come home I forgot to pack my cosmetic kit in the checked suitcase so tossed it into my carry on backpack. Going through security the camera picked up those cuticle scissors and they confiscated them and a set of tweezers.

Now honestly. How seriously would you take a terrorist who said, "Stand back! I've got tweezers!"?

Perhaps, I haven't tried bringing a manicure in my carryon. I generally way overpack a largish checked bag, and tuck things like that into it.

It's all BW anyway. This TSA security theater is all show and intended to force obedience. When one gets used to seeing little girls and old ladies in wheelchairs patted down at the gate, we're doomed.

Eventually they’ll just put people on conveyor belts and broadcasting live stream for the home viewing audience, extra charges for the intimate viewing belt and backside flip. (Wait is this Coffee Shop material)

Forum List

Back