USMB Coffee Shop IV

I was browsing the aisles at the dollar store, waiting on the Mrs. to finish shopping. Thirsty, but all they had were sugar-added juices and pop. Then I spotted a 20 oz bottle of 100%.... prune juice. I haven't had that in years and like I said, I was thirsty. Took a few swigs (reminds me of Dr. Pepper) then stuck it in the fridge to cool down. Ended up drinking most all of it today when my innards started percolating. You can figure the rest of the story LOL.

TMI, Mr H! TMI! :lol:

I hope Mr Hs toilet has recovered from the assault committed on it not to mention the poor workers at the sewage treatment plant......... :lol:

Last edited:
Went up to Pueblo, sunshine and low 62s, went into an antique shop and came out a half hour later to a dust storm and the temps had dropped 15 degrees. Eventually stopped at Cracker Barrel for an early supper and by the time we left Pueblo temps were in the low 30s.......

CB is normally not my choice for dinining, but the CB on the north side of Pueblo just off the free way to the west has the finest customer service for a chain that i have ever experienced, and the food is decent.

Good Monday Morning, folks.

Our grey shade clouds continue, No rain expected. Light breeze. 34 low, about 40 right now, won't make 50.

Good morning everybody. Another bright blue day in Albuquerque. The storm stayed north and we didn't even get the wind from it for a change. We need moisture though so hope the 'nice' weather pattern eventually breaks. Hope everybody is having a good Monday.

For today's Christmas gift suggestion for the folks who have everything:

Adult-Size-Big-Wheel-Trike.jpg

This is an adult-size tricycle handling adult weights up to 300 pounds. Why give up riding a Big Wheel just because you’ve outgrown them? This trike makes it so you can relive the glory days of cruising down the sidewalks. It may not be the most practical of bikes, but it gets points for possibly being the most fun. It costs a reasonable $797.39 and you can buy it on Amazon. I don't think it qualifies for Amazon Prime however.

If you had one, would you use it? In public?

My virus protection has been going nuts on USMB for the last couple of days. Just now got a 'threat has been detected' warning on this page, but the only ads I see are three small ads for Xfinity, Chromecast, and Direct TV. I doubt any of those contain malware, but who knows? Or is it something new in the USMB software? Anyhow whatever it is has been blocked.

My virus protection has been going nuts on USMB for the last couple of days. Just now got a 'threat has been detected' warning on this page, but the only ads I see are three small ads for Xfinity, Chromecast, and Direct TV. I doubt any of those contain malware, but who knows? Or is it something new in the USMB software? Anyhow whatever it is has been blocked.
Depends on the virus protect software. Did yours just update the program itself? If so you're probably getting "false positives".
Norton and McAffee are notorious for that.

If anyone has a white ceramic stove top or glass top burner I just found a great way to clean off the burned on areas, especially around the burners. Use hydrogen peroxide and baking soda, make a wet paste, spread over the baked on areas, wait 10 minutes and most of it simply wipes off with very little scrubbing. Ya might need to do one or two more applications for the really tough areas.

If anyone has a white ceramic stove top or glass top burner I just found a great way to clean off the burned on areas, especially around the burners. Use hydrogen peroxide and baking soda, make a wet paste, spread over the baked on areas, wait 10 minutes and most of it simply wipes off with very little scrubbing. Ya might need to do one or two more applications for the really tough areas.

I wonder if that would work on a permanently stained white walk-in shower floor?

Depends on the virus protect software. Did yours just update the program itself? If so you're probably getting "false positives".

I use Avast, the premium version that you pay for. It has been wonderful without interfering with any of my other software as both McAfee and Norton sometimes do. Even the free Avast version is really good though. One premium subscription is good for three computers so we put that on the three that we use most often and use the free version on the older ones.

Edit: However, right after I got a series of warnings, I got the message that the software had updated. And I'm not getting the warnings now. So you're probably right and can add Avast to your notorious list. :)

Last edited:

I wonder if that would work on a permanently stained white walk-in shower floor?
Couldn't hurt to try.

I use Avast, the premium version that you pay for. It has been wonderful without interfering with any of my other software as both McAfee and Norton sometimes do. Even the free Avast version is really good though. One premium subscription is good for three computers so we put that on the three that we use most often and use the free version on the older ones.
I use the free Avast, no issues here and yes, Avast just released a program update (not to be confused with the virus definition updates. Most likely false positives until Avast "learns" what to recognize as legit.
Avast has deleted some of my older games .exe files claiming they're viruses, had to tell Avast the files were good, shut Avast off, restore the files and turn Avast back on then reboot.

For those of you just browsing this morning, if you have a couple of minutes, check out the photos here:
34 Photos That Will Satisfy All Perfectionists
Yes it is perfectly safe.
And oh so satisfying for the perfectionists among us.
Sooooo, obsessive compulsives are now perfectionists?
Okie dokie.........

1390328404153154.jpg

ldKFs3z.jpg

1405919176763766.jpg

:lol:

Too funny. Hombre is one of those people who insists on some things being perfectly smooth, symmetrical, mixed etc. I have told him for decades now that food is more appetizing if the icing on the cake is roughed up, or when the potatoes are stirred and fluffed or a spoonful of the casserole is turned up ready to take out of the dish. And you don't want to plate food symmetrically either. He isn't buying any of it though. :)

Forum List

Back