USMB Sports Bar

Any dude that grabbed 30 boards in one game has to be a good defender in my book.

Ask any coach if Kevin Love is a good defender. See what they say.

He has the body and the size for it, and the quick hands. How can he suck at defense? :dunno:

Dude, it's a fact that Kevin Love can't play D. He has one of the worst defensive ratings out of any big man in the league. Again, defensive rebounds is not a defensive stat. David Lee, Zach Randolph, Pau Gasol, and Ama're Stoudemire are all good to great defensive rebounders, and they can't play D to save their lives.

As I told TGG, defense is played prodominately with your feet. Kevin Love has two left feet.

Ask any coach if Kevin Love is a good defender. See what they say.

He has the body and the size for it, and the quick hands. How can he suck at defense? :dunno:

Dude, it's a fact that Kevin Love can't play D. He has one of the worst defensive ratings out of any big man in the league. Again, defensive rebounds is not a defensive stat. David Lee, Zach Randolph, Pau Gasol, and Ama're Stoudemire are all good to great defensive rebounders, and they can't play D to save their lives.

As I told TGG, defense is played prodominately with your feet. Kevin Love has two left feet.

Its a shame, he definently has the body to be a good defender. Plus he cleans glass like Windex!

Its a shame, he definently has the body to be a good defender. Plus he cleans glass like Windex!

Defensive rebounding is most definitely a stat. I played a pick-up game just the other day. The guy I guarded was smaller, but he was powerful and probably could squat about 800 plus. He was getting under me and getting offensive rebounds all day long. It didn't matter that I was doing a good job defending on the perimeter b/c he still got them a ton of extra shots. Only an idiot believes defensive rebounding is not a defensive stat. And those guys you mentioned do add defensive value on the defensive boards. But defensive boards is just one stat. Zach and Amare have many other weaknesses in their games and nobody is calling them great just cos they do a decent job on the boards. You're perverting my arguments.

And feet is only a part of the equation. Like I said, defense is a mentality, hustle, instinct, eye hand coordination also. Being able to move your feet quick is a good start but it is notthe be-all of defense. Not even close.

And we went over your K-Love stat. That relates to how well his team performs with him in the line-up. Who on the T-Wolves is a great defender in the first place? That 107 could be 98 on other teams. Only idiots are using that stat as a be-all for rating a guy's defensive prowess.

Are you basing your bull shit on anything or just adhering to stereotypes? K-Love is no less coordinated or less quick than Kendrick Perkins and he is considered a solid defender also. Watch 3:10 - Watch Love pick KD in the open court.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDyMPXnstcQ]Kevin Love 51pts & J.J. Barea Triple-Double vs Thunder (2012.03.23) - YouTube[/ame]

I am absolutely disgusted from last night, I almost cussed out a friend of mine because he jumped on the Miami band wagon and was talking shit last night. I am taking a break from the NBA for a while this Heatlemania bullshit is going too far for my tastes.

When the C's got up 17, they had to play 5 on 8. When they got up 13, that was mostly them just choking.

I can relate. I would love to see if the Heat were even a 50 win team if they called games straight-up.

I am absolutely disgusted from last night, I almost cussed out a friend of mine because he jumped on the Miami band wagon and was talking shit last night. I am taking a break from the NBA for a while this Heatlemania bullshit is going too far for my tastes.

When the C's got up 17, they had to play 5 on 8. When they got up 13, that was mostly them just choking.

I can relate. I would love to see if the Heat were even a 50 win team if they called games straight-up.

The arrogance and faggotry from the Heat "fans" is what did it for me last night.

The arrogance and faggotry from the Heat "fans" is what did it for me last night.

What heat fans? On ESPN or something?

image.php

Don't worry about that faggot HG. He's just trolling (cos I owned his ass the other day). I just put him on block cos I got better shit to do then to regard him further.

What heat fans? On ESPN or something?

ESPN and on Facebook.

LOL. All of those fans are the same people who were riding Bryant's jock and the same people who rode Jordan's jock. And they'll be riding someone else's jock tomorrow. I don't worry about the lemmings too much.

Very true, the little cartoons and funny pics just pissed me off yesterday after the close game. I'm over it, but those "fans" are acting like Miami cruised. Miami barely beat a Celtics skeleton crew missing everyone but Pierce and Green.

ESPN and on Facebook.

LOL. All of those fans are the same people who were riding Bryant's jock and the same people who rode Jordan's jock. And they'll be riding someone else's jock tomorrow. I don't worry about the lemmings too much.

Very true, the little cartoons and funny pics just pissed me off yesterday after the close game. I'm over it, but those "fans" are acting like Miami cruised. Miami barely beat a Celtics skeleton crew missing everyone but Pierce and Green.

LOL - That sounds like it could be funny. You got to be able to laugh at yourself.

I'm happy with Green stepping up his game. That's more how he was playing at OKC. We need to be giving him 35 mins in the playoffs.

LOL - That sounds like it could be funny. You got to be able to laugh at yourself.

I'm happy with Green stepping up his game. That's more how he was playing at OKC. We need to be giving him 35 mins in the playoffs.

At this rate we won't have a choice, Green will definently be getting more minutes. I just hope he can give us at least 20 + consistantly.

At this rate we won't have a choice, Green will definently be getting more minutes. I just hope he can give us at least 20 + consistantly.

I'm happy with him getting 15 and swinging the ball if it's not there. Other guys will have to step up there games.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=JnNZ3lJlY4o]Kevin Garnett 3 point contest and Paul Pierce dunk contest (McDonalds All-American 1995) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
I lol'd when I saw Manu constantly blowing by the alleged great defender, Kobe.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8zhDrzorXs]Manu Ginobili 2003-04 vs Lakers - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back