Utah school students denied lunch after parents refuse to pay school bills

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Article doesn't say so you can be sure most of these deadbeat parents are black or hispanic. They think whites should give them everything.

Utah school district apologizes for seizing kids' lunches for unpaid bills - U.S. News

Jan 30, 2014 6:17 AM EST

One of Utah's biggest school systems apologized Thursday and told angry parents it was investigating why dozens of elementary school children had their lunches seized and thrown away when they didn't have enough money in their accounts.

"This was a mistake," said Jason Olsen, a spokesman for the Salt Lake School District. "There shouldn't have been food taken away from these students once they went through that line."
The district came under national criticism after as many as 40 kids were given fruit and milk and their real lunches were thrown away Tuesday at Uintah Elementary in Salt Lake City.
"She took my lunch away and said, 'Go get a milk,'" fifth-grader Sophia Isom told NBC station KSL. "I came back and asked, 'What's going on?' Then she handed me an orange. She said, 'You don't have any money in your account, so you can't get lunch.'"

Olsen said that parents had been notified about negative balances Monday and that a child nutrition manager had decided to withhold lunches to deal with the issue. They were thrown away because once food is served to one student it can't be served to another, he said

Schools supplying lunches at all is a fucking joke. If you can't send your kid to school with a brown bag and milk money, you have no business procreating.

Article doesn't say so you can be sure most of these deadbeat parents are black or hispanic. They think whites should give them everything.

Not true. I saw the interviews with some parents and they were predominantly white. Some were different races, but that is not the point - the cafeteria workers have no right to grab children's lunches ( the ones they brought from home!!!!) - this is a theft per law and a criminal assault - the parents should file a lawsuit against the school and particular individuals.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0sioDbvqeU]Lunches seized from Utah schoolkids because of unpaid bills - YouTube[/ame]

• Banned

Not true. I saw the interviews with some parents and they were predominantly white.

You idiot. The media always does that. 90% of the deadbeat parents are minorities but we only see the interviews with whites.

Not true. I saw the interviews with some parents and they were predominantly white.

You idiot. The media always does that. 90% of the deadbeat parents are minorities but we only see the interviews with whites.

it is you who are an idiot. an exemplary one.

the issue here is not the 3-5$ people owe to the cafeteria and not the race of those in debt. The issue here is a criminal assault of the children and a power grab by the cafeteria workers and the school in general.

But the brainless assholes like you will never understand that.

the cafeteria workers have no right to grab children's lunches ( the ones they brought from home!!!!).
Thats not what happened

that is exactly what happened. In their rage the cafeteria workers were throwing lunches kids brought from home.

and to be clear, taking lunch to throw it away even from the kid whose parents are in debt, after the kid already has had the tray - is beyond the normal human dignity. It is a typical nazi or soviet style inhumane power overreach and I am appalled the supposed "conservatives" will approve this just becasue their assumption the "debt kids" can be a "wrong race".

Last edited:
It's amazing how easily low IQ, low paid workers will stand with the state, acting like some kind of authority figures, participating in this kind of stupidity.

the cafeteria workers have no right to grab children's lunches ( the ones they brought from home!!!!).
Thats not what happened

that is exactly what happened. In their rage the cafeteria workers were throwing lunches kids brought from home.

and to be clear, taking lunch to throw it away even from the kid whose parents are in debt, after the kid already has had the tray - is beyond the normal human dignity. It is a typical nazi or soviet style inhumane power overreach and I am appalled the supposed "conservatives" will approve this just becasue their assumption the "debt kids" can be a "wrong race".

Were does the story about the cafeteria workers rage come from? The storys I have seen say a bureaucrat from the finance department stationed herself at the cash register and the students were informed they could not have the lunchs they had selected in the cafeteria line. The food was dumped in the trash by the bureaurcrat and the student was given a carton of milk and piece of fruit. The cafeteria workers were horrified and upset. This appears to be the work and stupidity of one individual bureaucrat overstepping her authority with a stupid idea on how to get the word out that parents needed to pay more attention to their kids lunch accounts.

[

the issue here is not the 3-5$ people owe to the cafeteria and not the race of those in debt. The issue here is a criminal assault of the children and a power grab by the cafeteria workers and the school in general.

HAHA. So now if i refuse to give you a free meal, i'm guilty of criminal assault?

[
Were does the story about the cafeteria workers rage come from? The storys I have seen say a bureaucrat from the finance department stationed herself at the cash register and the students were informed they could not have the lunchs they had selected in the cafeteria line. The food was dumped in the trash by the bureaurcrat and the student was given a carton of milk and piece of fruit. The cafeteria workers were horrified and upset. This appears to be the work and stupidity of one individual bureaucrat overstepping her authority with a stupid idea on how to get the word out that parents needed to pay more attention to their kids lunch accounts.

Overstepping her authority. ??? Giving the kids the food they had NOT paid for would have been screwing the taxpayers and THAT would be overstepping her authority. THINK

None of this would have happened if the deadbeat minority parents had paid the money into their kids lunch account. But they CHOSE not to figuring the stupid whites would give the kids free food anyway. Cheating white people is a game they love to play.

[

Overstepping her authority. ??? Giving the kids the food they had NOT paid for would have been screwing the taxpayers and THAT would be overstepping her authority. THINK

None of this would have happened if the deadbeat minority parents had paid the money into their kids lunch account. But they CHOSE not to figuring the stupid whites would give the kids free food anyway. Cheating white people is a game they love to play.

The story included caucasians also, so take off your blinders.

Not only does the video show mostly white children, but Salt Lake City is a predominately white area. The facts mean nothing to you though. You are such a hopeless racist that you have already created a narrative in your head that can't be swayed by any evidence to the contrary. You are either the biggest retard on USMB, or a troll.

One of Utah's biggest school systems apologized Thursday and told angry parents it was investigating why dozens of elementary school children had their lunches seized and thrown away when they didn't have enough money in their accounts.
"This was a mistake," said Jason Olsen, a spokesman for the Salt Lake School District. "There shouldn't have been food taken away from these students once they went through that line."
The district came under national criticism after as many as 40 kids were given fruit and milk and their real lunches were thrown away Tuesday at Uintah Elementary in Salt Lake City.
"She took my lunch away and said, 'Go get a milk,'" fifth-grader Sophia Isom told NBC station KSL. "I came back and asked, 'What's going on?' Then she handed me an orange. She said, 'You don't have any money in your account, so you can't get lunch.'"

Nowhere in the story does it state that kids that brought their lunches from home were thrown away.

Thats not what happened

some of the kids who called the parents stated that their home brought lunches were grabbed and thrown away - and whoever did it was still the school worker, cafeteria or otherwise.
The bureaucrat was the school worker as well.

Forum List

Back