VA looking into marijuana for PTSD treatment of vets....

The reason why I dislike pot so is because I too have learned from the experience of being around potheads.
Aha! Finally, the glimmer of cause.

Your example is not at all unusual. Your reformer's posture is the result of negative personal exposure. Some basic research into the Temperance mentality will reveal that the most vigorous prohibitionists were motivated by personal proximity to individuals who were damaged by beverage alcohol.

The question I have is why do you, and so many others of the anti-pot persuasion, ignore the valuable lesson learned from alcohol Prohibition? Can't you see that every effort made to eliminate marijuana use has been destructively and wastefully counter-productive?

The right efforts haven't been made. How come marijuana prohibition has been so successful in Singapore?

The reasons for Prohibition was excessive alcoholism resulting in more women and children looking for chairity than the charities could help. If left alone, the prohibitionists said, alcoholism would affect younger and younger people until children were suffering effects of alcoholism. The effects of alcohol would not affect hundreds, but thousands making many of them dangerous.

So far, the prohibitionists were proved right about every fear they ever had. Even Jerry Brown, who could never be called a reformer opined that a nation of stoners would not be successful but would cause the end of whatever struggled along as the societal culture.

I have seen literally thousands of destroyed lives because of pot. I have seen families so devastated by marijuana that it is a mercy when the addict has a pot induced stroke and dies leaving the survivors at the very least able to struggle forward without the anchor of drug use.

You know, there is a LOT of research and evidence of what marijuana does and does not do medically. We've got data going all the way back to when they first approved it for medical purposes, and now we have data for what happens when it is legalized for recreational purposes also.

Not only is it good for the treatment of PTSD, but there are many other medical benefits as well, one of which is pain relief, and the NFL players are pushing to be allowed to smoke marijuana rather than take opiates for pain.

And................if it works, and gets people off of a huge daily pill regimen, what is the harm?

There’s a lot of people that would argue there’s plenty of harm. The thing is is people like getting high, so they pretend pot is a wonder drug. I can almost respect the argument if I like getting high and leave me alone, but all this other shit is bs.

How much research have you actually done into marijuana? Not only does it help with PTSD, but there is Alzheimer's, epileptic seizures and cancer.

Currently, there is a treatment facility in the NE that is looking into using marijuana to treat heroin addiction instead of methadone. The reason they are trying it? Because of the way CO's opiate overdoses have dropped and continue to drop.

I’ve heard it cures every illness on the face of the earth, and I don’t believe any of it. I know for a fact it triggers psychosis in people with schizophrenia. I dunno maybe you really believe there are medical benefits to pot, but most of the pot advocates simply want to get high.
i dont see anyone saying it cures any thing,it helps alleviate certain conditions,usually better than the current prescribed drugs out there...it works with epileptics,that i have seen....

Pot makes a lot of people paranoid.
A lot of people? Really? Any hint of what percentage of pot users that would be? How much is "a lot?"

The medical opinion holds that ingesting too much (overdosing on) marijuana can induce paranoia (among other psychological aberrations) in those individuals who are predisposed to that disorder. Aside from that contingency, paranoid delusion does not commonly follow or accompany marijuana use by mentally stable persons.
Practically everyone I know who smoked pot had multiple paranoid reactions to it. I have no idea what % overall does. I just know from experience with potheads myself.

The reason why I dislike pot so is because I too have learned from the experience of being around potheads.
yea sure you have....thats why your "tales" are just so realistic.....

A lot of people? Really? Any hint of what percentage of pot users
A lot of people? Really? Any hint of what percentage of pot users that would be? How much is "a lot?"

The medical opinion holds that ingesting too much (overdosing on) marijuana can induce paranoia (among other psychological aberrations) in those individuals who are predisposed to that disorder. Aside from that contingency, paranoid delusion does not commonly follow or accompany marijuana use by mentally stable persons.
Practically everyone I know who smoked pot had multiple paranoid reactions to it. I have no idea what % overall does. I just know from experience with potheads myself.

I had a friend that was a big head. Nothing was more important to him than toking up. His career, his GF, his friends, etc.. He was one of those it’s not about getting high, it’s about getting well clowns.
a "head"?.....havent heard that since the 70's.....get up to date....

The VA may be looking into marijuana because if nothing else, it will shut up the injured vets and keep them away from medical care. Keep them high, they won't notice that broken leg.

Aha! Finally, the glimmer of cause.

Your example is not at all unusual. Your reformer's posture is the result of negative personal exposure. Some basic research into the Temperance mentality will reveal that the most vigorous prohibitionists were motivated by personal proximity to individuals who were damaged by beverage alcohol.

The question I have is why do you, and so many others of the anti-pot persuasion, ignore the valuable lesson learned from alcohol Prohibition? Can't you see that every effort made to eliminate marijuana use has been destructively and wastefully counter-productive?

The right efforts haven't been made. How come marijuana prohibition has been so successful in Singapore?

The reasons for Prohibition was excessive alcoholism resulting in more women and children looking for chairity than the charities could help. If left alone, the prohibitionists said, alcoholism would affect younger and younger people until children were suffering effects of alcoholism. The effects of alcohol would not affect hundreds, but thousands making many of them dangerous.

So far, the prohibitionists were proved right about every fear they ever had. Even Jerry Brown, who could never be called a reformer opined that a nation of stoners would not be successful but would cause the end of whatever struggled along as the societal culture.

I have seen literally thousands of destroyed lives because of pot. I have seen families so devastated by marijuana that it is a mercy when the addict has a pot induced stroke and dies leaving the survivors at the very least able to struggle forward without the anchor of drug use.
oh geezus....thousands all because of pot....what else were they doing?....

The VA may be looking into marijuana because if nothing else, it will shut up the injured vets and keep them away from medical care. Keep them high, they won't notice that broken leg.
id love to see you in the military....you would have been crying for mommy 2 weeks into boot camp....

They can extract the cannabinoids that get people high (THC) leaving only the medicinal cannabinoids (CBD and 111 others)

Any takers? No?
What you've said is quite true. But in spite of the fact that actual medical evidence of the effectiveness of CBD in treating seizures in children there are government officials and various corporate (lobbying) interests who strenuously object to supporting advanced research in this and many other medicinal benefits of cannabis.

That is just plain stupid.

You know, I had a conversation with a 420 shop worker one time while I was in his shop, and I asked them what kind of impact legalization had on them.

Know what the first thing he said? He said he noticed that the day after CO legalized it, he no longer felt paranoid about lighting up because it was now legal.

He said his paranoia came from it being illegal, but when it was legalized, all of it went away.
I walked to a dispensary and carried my child proof zip top bag proudly in the open and noticed no cops pulled over to ask me what's in the bag...Such a true feeling of freedom..

I'll do ya one better.................my cousin lives in Greeley CO, and every time I go up there, I buy a couple of pre rolled joints at the 420 store, and we would sit on her FRONT PORCH, and watch the sunset while the neighbors went by and waved.

Coolest time was when a police officer went by and we waved while we were smoking a joint, and he waved back.

Yep, I don't ever feel paranoid while smoking in CO.
In the mid 1970's cops would smoke with us at concerts.. I also sold to a deputy sheriff .. My aunt was married to a county sheriff and she sold doctor/lawyer bud in the 1990's...Unfortunately it was 2k a pound...

Dude...................unless you had to buy the whole pound, that's not a bad price. There are 16 ounces in a pound, and if you divide 2,000 by 16, it comes out to 125 and ounce, which is pretty decent price wise, if it was the high quality bud and not some Mexican pressed brick.
I was used to buying Columbian red or gold for $125 per qp...But i was getting Texas gold and red at that time for much less so I was still happy..

That is just plain stupid.
AG Sessions blocks progress on medical cannabis research

Marijuana has proven clinical uses — here’s why it’s still not available everywhere

Give some thought to the entities which will be negatively affected by legalized marijuana, beginning with the pharmaceutical industry. Then there's the liquor industry, the legal profession, the prison industrial complex, the police unions, the FOP, and more. All stand to lose big if marijuana is legalized. So people like Mitch McConnell, Jeff Sessions, et al, stand to become very rich by simply promoting the War on Drugs and blocking all progress to legalize marijuana -- regardless of how "stupid" their efforts may seem.

The keyword is not "stupid." It's corruption.

Last edited:
The Vietnam vets were just self medicating when they were smoking pot.
Any of them that were charged with a crime should be exonerated with this new information.

id love to see you in the military....you would have been crying for mommy 2 weeks into boot camp....
Sadly I would not last in the military two weeks. I am not a team player. When an idiot imagines I could be forced into a team, my first action is to sabotage the team.

PTSD is a scam. It's supposed to excuse every reprehensible act.
In my opinion, veteran's who were in WWll, Korean war, and Vietnam, have a valid case for some form of PTSD.

But I have trouble equating the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq as anywhere near the horrific level of stress the soldiers of the earlier wars had to endure.

Yet it seems like every other soldier today is using PTSD as a way to get money and benefits from the government. ..... :cool:
And you are a Muslim convert, so there you go, again.

"I know for a fact it triggers psychosis in people with schizophrenia," says Rocko.

And I says, "You know nothing, Rocko Snow."

The Vietnam vets were just self medicating when they were smoking pot.
Any of them that were charged with a crime should be exonerated with this new information.
They self medicated right into homelessness.
My old man and uncles served in Nam and they still have their homes...
Then it is not true that there is a homeless vet problem! I had a sneaking suspicion that it was all a hokum story.

Forum List

Back