Voters Oppose Removing Confederate Monuments

We have exactly the same form of government as did the former USSR

The difference was who could vote.

Well now they are even closer with a multi-party platform. I mean if you took all the countries in the World, Russia is probably in the top 10% most similar to the USA on paper. Granted as a democracy they are well behind in that regard.

Apparently, once the statue is taken down, every American forgets that Robert E. Lee ever existed.
It isn't theirs to take down, it belongs to the history of the country.
Confederate sympathizers can have their monuments. We have National Park Battlefields, cemeteries & museums. They don't have to be in the middle of downtown or on the steps of government.

America does not celebrate slavery
honoring those who suffered isn't celebrating, and you should learn that lessons not taught will repeat. Just saying, you are naive to think you can erase the past.
Honoring is celebrating.

No one is trying to erase the past. Slavery is America's birth defect. Some of us need to learn from it so as not to repeat it.
post that definition jack that claims honoring is celebrating. Honoring is showing respect with high esteem. We should never forget those families that suffered through slavery of the past and you should be concerned for the slavery that is maintained by the left still today. it's sad. Look at the south side of Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, all democratically governed and all in perils.

Are you being intentionally stupid?

The real question in all of this is when are the people of this country going to quit acquiescing to the childish tantrums of a small violent racist group of a race that is generally not the least interested in the racist actions they constantly exhibit and the leftist scum who drive their unacceptable behavior.

Good point! We in California are tired of carrying the red state slackers.

Get a job

I'm a sports guy, I've always considered it kinda like the NFL Since revenue sharing started. Would the Cowboys and GIants be better off without it? Sure. They could spend triple what they do under the cap currently to build their roster. Is it what's best for them financially in the long term? Nope, a league where everyone can be competitive is what makes EVERYONE richer.

... In this enlightened age, there are few I believe, but what will acknowledge, that slavery as an institution, is a moral & political evil in any Country. It is useless to expatiate on its disadvantages. I think it however a greater evil to the white man than to the black race, & while my feelings are strongly enlisted in behalf of the latter, my sympathies are more strong for the former. The blacks are immeasurably better off here than in Africa, morally, socially & physically. The painful discipline they are undergoing, is necessary for their instruction as a race, & I hope will prepare & lead them to better things. How long their subjugation may be necessary is known & ordered by a wise Merciful Providence.

— Robert E. Lee, to Mary Anna Lee, December 27, 1856

Are you advocating that we bring back enslavement of black Americans as 'necessary instruction'?

Confederate sympathizers can have their monuments. We have National Park Battlefields, cemeteries & museums. They don't have to be in the middle of downtown or on the steps of government.

honoring those who suffered isn't celebrating, and you should learn that lessons not taught will repeat. Just saying, you are naive to think you can erase the past.
Honoring is celebrating.

No one is trying to erase the past. Slavery is America's birth defect. Some of us need to learn from it so as not to repeat it.
post that definition jack that claims honoring is celebrating. Honoring is showing respect with high esteem. We should never forget those families that suffered through slavery of the past and you should be concerned for the slavery that is maintained by the left still today. it's sad. Look at the south side of Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, all democratically governed and all in perils.

someone honored to accept an award isn't someone celebrating. sorry, the two words are different for a reason.

Medal of Honor is not a Medal of Celebration. holy fk you all are trble.

Last edited:
No you claim you want to erase the racist history of the United states that also includes the civil rights ers. Affirmative action also since we are all created equal.
How is moving a statue from a public park to a museum "erasing history"?

Apparently, once the statue is taken down, every American forgets that Robert E. Lee ever existed.

So so you endorse honoring the suffering of those who gave their lives to bring down the twin towers?

Honoring is celebrating.

someone honored to accept an award isn't someone celebrating. sorry, the two words are different for a reason.

Metal of Honor is not a Metal of Celebration. holy fk you all are trble.

Do you get that the CSA was an enemy of the United States?

... In this enlightened age, there are few I believe, but what will acknowledge, that slavery as an institution, is a moral & political evil in any Country. It is useless to expatiate on its disadvantages. I think it however a greater evil to the white man than to the black race, & while my feelings are strongly enlisted in behalf of the latter, my sympathies are more strong for the former. The blacks are immeasurably better off here than in Africa, morally, socially & physically. The painful discipline they are undergoing, is necessary for their instruction as a race, & I hope will prepare & lead them to better things. How long their subjugation may be necessary is known & ordered by a wise Merciful Providence.

Are you advocating that we bring back enslavement of black Americans as 'necessary instruction'?

Yeah, that's what I'm advocating.... :cuckoo:

So so you endorse honoring the suffering of those who gave their lives to bring down the twin towers?
There is no comparison, none at all.

the democrats have already done that. you should read up on Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, LA. they much control the fate of the poor blacks. I feel bad for the blacks, I want them to evolve out of democrats hold, and yet, they keep voting for the slave owners.

Do you even realize that what Lee is saying there is textbook expression of white supremacy?

they don't understand what the medal of honor is.

The Myth of the Kindly General Lee
The legend of the Confederate leader’s heroism and decency is based in the fiction of a person who never existed.

The Myth of the Kindly General Lee

Sure there is. Enemies of the US who bravely died for their cause.

so you think there is honor in that act? wow. go for it traitor.

Sure there is. Enemies of the US who bravely died for their cause.
I honor those who died. you on the other hand went where you would to the bad guy rather than the victim.

Forum List

Back