Waffle House shooting, at least 4 killed

Since there are a gazillion messages here I am not going to see if anyone else has made this observation.
An unarmed black man disarmed an armed white man who had an AR15. So why can't white cops arrest black men who are unarmed without killing them first?
Each situation is different. Check this video out for your answer. Color doesn't matter by the way.

Since there are a gazillion messages here I am not going to see if anyone else has made this observation.
An unarmed black man disarmed an armed white man who had an AR15. So why can't white cops arrest black men who are unarmed without killing them first?
Good point, except if the unarmed black man had a gun and had been trained to use it, he probably would have. Like a cop.
And there would have probably been less than 4 victims.

Good point, except if the unarmed black man had a gun and had been trained to use it, he probably would have. Like a cop.
So you mean he would have emptied his clip into the man even after he fell lifeless to the ground after the 2nd round landed?
I don't try to defend stuff like that. I am just saying that if you are trained in it and are armed, you will probably use it. Do you remember that great scene with Harrison Ford in the Kasbah in Raiders of the Last Ark? These guys were coming at him with scrimtars and he remembered he had a handgun in his pocket.

I`m sure the shooter had a reason to carry too. Gun pussy cowardice is my guess.

People who carry guns are pussies and cowards? I have a family and I have a responsibility to them to come home every day.
You are a scared pussy & more likely to harm your family than protect them with guns in the house.

^^^* a public service announcement from your local rapists association.

Disarming citizens makes rape far easier.

I`m sure the shooter had a reason to carry too. Gun pussy cowardice is my guess.

People who carry guns are pussies and cowards? I have a family and I have a responsibility to them to come home every day.
You are a scared pussy & more likely to harm your family than protect them with guns in the house.

100,000 US citizens shot every year just so 333 criminals get killed.

Another AR-15 situation.

Other than the killing power, one needs to consider the boost they give to their mentally deficient owners.

With this gun, would this dipstick have had the guts to attack these people at all?

Here in PA, when they confiscate guns, they can give the,m to relatives to hold. They are trying to change that law to be kept by law enforcement & the moronic gun owners are fighting it.
Yeah that's why the Ar is used in less than 2% of all murders
Wow, what a great stastic. Well golly gee I guess we should just allow mass shooters to keep buying them & using them especially in schools.

Romaine lettuce is probably eaten by less than 2% of the population every day so , fuck it, if some have e coli, so what.

If the AR was such a machismo inducing implement of destruction as you say it is then it would be used in far more murders than it is

So tell me why do you insist that a criminal get killed in a defensive gun use?

How many crimes are prevented by a person with a firearm where not one shot is fired or where the piece of shit criminal doesn't die?

That is why we need a Federal background check!

Thanks for that.
we have federal background checks......do you people ever do any basic research?

Then explain why he was allowed to get his guns back in Tenn.
Because the cops in DC gave them to the kids father and the kid's father gave them back to his schizo son

So they all failed. Where was the Federal background check? If it was in place he should have never had a gun again.

There is no background check required for private sales in Tennessee.

So.....it is still illegal for a felon to buy or carry a gun.

What is your fantasy about background checks for private sales? Criminals who can't legally buy guns use straw buyers to circumvent current, federal background checks at gun stores....they get friends and family to buy the guns for them.....so....they would simply use a straw buyer for a private sale if they wanted a gun from a private seller...

What is your fixation on background checks for private sales?

I know why the anti gun leadership wants them, they want universal gun registration.....why do you want them?

You know, instead of arguing about race why don't you guys actually discuss something that is pertinent to this event?

One of the things that disturbs me about this is that he got enough attention from the police that they took away his guns.

A while later, authorities gave the guns back to the shooter's father, who then gave the guns to the shooter.

So much for gun regulations being followed.

No laws were broken. The shooter had his IL gun ownership card revoked, there were no charges ever filed in relation to that. When they guy left the State he had every right to get his guns back. TN, not being a commie State like IL, doesn't require a license to just own a firearm.

So, you believe that it was right for the police to return his guns to him, even though he had already been in trouble?

He was never charged, so he was never a prohibited person. Rights can only be taken away through due process. The guys fathers judgment could be questioned, but bad judgment isn't illegal either.

His judgement should be questioned! Aiding and abetting?

You might want to get out your dictionary, you're obviously using words you don't understand.

Here ya go.......................

Tennessee Waffle House shooting suspect may be armed, police say - CNN

Suspect was once arrested near White House
In July 2017, the United States Secret Service arrested Reinking for being in a restricted area near the White House in Washington, police said.
Authorities in Tazewell County, Illinois, and the FBI interviewed Reinking, Aaron said. At the FBI's request, Reinking's Illinois firearms authorization was revoked, and four weapons -- including the AR-15 used in the Sunday's shooting -- were seized, Aaron said.
Tazwell County authorities later returned the guns to Reinking's father, who acknowledged giving them back to his son, Aaron said.

Thanks for that.

we have federal background checks......do you people ever do any basic research?

Because the cops in DC gave them to the kids father and the kid's father gave them back to his schizo son

So they all failed. Where was the Federal background check? If it was in place he should have never had a gun again.

The father had the guns, no background check was needed for illegally giving the shooter his guns...he couldn't have the guns...and had the Secret Service arrested him and the FBI arrested him or the local cops arrested him, he would have been flagged......

Another AR-15 situation.

Other than the killing power, one needs to consider the boost they give to their mentally deficient owners.

With this gun, would this dipstick have had the guts to attack these people at all?

Here in PA, when they confiscate guns, they can give the,m to relatives to hold. They are trying to change that law to be kept by law enforcement & the moronic gun owners are fighting it.
Yeah that's why the Ar is used in less than 2% of all murders
Wow, what a great stastic. Well golly gee I guess we should just allow mass shooters to keep buying them & using them especially in schools.

Romaine lettuce is probably eaten by less than 2% of the population every day so , fuck it, if some have e coli, so what.
Yup! over 100,000 US citizens get shot every year because Repubtards believe unstable people should have guns!

Wow...another lie. the people doing those shootings can't legally buy, own or carry those guns...but thanks for playing.

"The Waffle House shooter illustrates the (many) problems with removing guns from people who can't legally own them

This is a big deal in the domestic violence community. Abusers subject to a protective order or convicted of a domestic violence misdemeanor can't legally own guns. But unless someone physically removes them, they remain in their custody.

But to remove guns, police departments need somewhere to put them. Where are they stored? Who pays for it? For how long?" - President Trump
My neighbor lost his only sister & her entire family 3 weeks ago because her depressed husband was allowed to keep his guns.

And families are murdered without guns all the time.....guns aren't the issue, the mentally unstable killer is the issue...

You know, instead of arguing about race why don't you guys actually discuss something that is pertinent to this event?

One of the things that disturbs me about this is that he got enough attention from the police that they took away his guns.

A while later, authorities gave the guns back to the shooter's father, who then gave the guns to the shooter.

So much for gun regulations being followed.
You got a link? Not that I don't believe you, but I haven't seen any details at all.

Here ya go.......................

Tennessee Waffle House shooting suspect may be armed, police say - CNN

Suspect was once arrested near White House
In July 2017, the United States Secret Service arrested Reinking for being in a restricted area near the White House in Washington, police said.
Authorities in Tazewell County, Illinois, and the FBI interviewed Reinking, Aaron said. At the FBI's request, Reinking's Illinois firearms authorization was revoked, and four weapons -- including the AR-15 used in the Sunday's shooting -- were seized, Aaron said.
Tazwell County authorities later returned the guns to Reinking's father, who acknowledged giving them back to his son, Aaron said.

Thanks for that.

He wasn't...the father knew he wasn't allowed to have those guns from being told so by the FBI...he violated the law......

How many crimes are prevented by a person with a firearm where not one shot is fired or where the piece of shit criminal doesn't die?
A fictitious poll is not reality! Gun Nuts lie to pollsters claiming their gun saved them (~0.06% of those polled), but no one who actually used a gun to prevent an attack will claim they didn't. There were not over 200,000 to 500,000 killed per year when guns were restricted.

That is a lie..... no research supports that.... the thing that is the issue in family violence? Criminals living in the home, drug and alcohol abusers living in the home, and the violent mentally ill living in the home...

Normal homes without guns are not shooting each other.....

A fictitious poll is not reality! Gun Nuts lie to pollsters claiming their gun saved them (~0.06% of those polled), but no one who actually used a gun to prevent an attack will claim they didn't.
What poll did I quote?

I asked you a question so please answer it.

A fictitious poll is not reality! Gun Nuts lie to pollsters claiming their gun saved them (~0.06% of those polled), but no one who actually used a gun to prevent an attack will claim they didn't.

Yeah...except no...42 years of research by both private and government researchers, with the most famous studies conducted by anti gun researchers say you don't know what you are talking about...

Another day and another mass shooting. What happens regularly here is very rare where there is strong gun control.

At least four people were killed and several others were injured early Sunday when a gunman opened fire at a Waffle House in Nashville, Tenn., police said.

The alleged gunman, Travis Reinking, 29, began shooting at patrons around 3:25 a.m. Sunday at the Waffle House, located about 16 miles southeast of downtown Nashville, before fleeing the scene, Metro Nashville police said. Authorities had initially said Reinking was a person of interest, but later said he has been identified as a suspect.

"If you see a nude guy walking around this morning call the police department," Don Aaron of the Metro Police Department told WTVF.

A person at the restaurant had wrestled away the alleged shooter's rifle.

Waffle House shooting leaves 4 dead, several injured; gunman sought
Another gun free zone.

Waffle House has a policy of not allowing guns in their restaurants. Unlikely a factor in the site selection.

But a pretty big fucking factor in stopping the shooter before he killed 4 people...... until his weapon jammed...

Yeah...except no...42 years of research by both private and government researchers, with the most famous studies conducted by anti gun researchers say you don't know what you are talking about...
There were not over 500,000 killed per year when guns were restricted, So guns do not save that many! In reality guns save / killed 333 criminals while shooting 100,000 innocent

There were not over 500,000 killed per year when guns were restricted, So guns do not save that many! In reality guns save 333 while shooting 100,000

What are you even talking about.......here is the research of over 42 years....most recently analyzed by the CDC in 2013 under orders from obama....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

The name of the group doing the study, the year of the study, the number of defensive gun uses and if police and military defensive gun uses are included.....notice the bill clinton and obama defensive gun use research is highlighted.....

GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, no military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, no military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, no military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, no military)

CDC...1996-1998... 2.46 million ( no cops, no military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, no military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, no military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops,no military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, no military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, no military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

Forum List

Back