Walz says abolish the Electoral College

Democratic Vice Presidential candidate Tim Walz said on Tuesday that the “Electoral College needs to go,”

I bet it does. Without the EC, every election would look like this:

WithoutElecoralCollege.jpg

Democrats would probably win every election. That is why the Founders created the EC--- so that all 50 states would have a voice in their governance.

Last edited:
How about just one vote per person? Why are you clowns obsessed with anthropomorphalizing land mass as it cares who the President is? :dunno: :lol:
How about just one vote per person?
that would work to decide who the state votes for.

why should NYC, Chicago, or LA have more right to name the president than entire states?

would candidates even bother to campaign in Rhode Island, Delaware, much of the midwest, considering the number of votes there would unlikely impact an election?

There is a difference between knowing history and being shackled to it.
There's a difference between making an argument and suggesting at one. Keeping the electoral college is what shackles us to it and it's deplorable history of disenfranchisement you Clown. :lol:

that would work to decide who the state votes for.

why should NYC, Chicago, or LA have more right to name the president than entire states?

would candidates even bother to campaign in Rhode Island, Delaware, much of the midwest, considering the number of votes there would unlikely impact an election?
There you go anthropomorphalizing land again. NYC, Chicago and LA aren't deciding anything. Voters decide by voting and then we count who gets the most votes.

The issue is not the Electoral College. The issue is how the States allocate their Electoral votes. There is no Constitutional requirement that all of a State's Electoral votes go to the one who got the most popular votes in that State. Each State decides that on their own.

The people who are virtually disenfranchised are, the Republicans in California (of which there are more than ten million), New York, Massachusetts, and Illinois. Their votes mean nothing. If Walz wants the Presidential voting to be more democratic, he should be encouraging those States to allocate their Electoral votes proportionately.

I'm not holding my breath...

disenfranchising 75% of the country.
How does that work exactly? Do you even understand what the word means Bingo? How does counting everyone's vote as one vote disenfranchize anyone? Right now the electoral college disenfranchises everyone in a State who votes for a candidate who doesn't win that States electoral college votes.

Because the founders knew that given the right amount of free stuff votes could be bought IE welfare
The Founders who were taking the wealth produced by their slaves who did the actual work on their plantations? Those guys? You are some of the dumbest mother fuckers on the planet..... :lol:

disenfranchising 75% of the country.

That sounds about right as the Hard Left, the true democrat radicals only really comprise about a quarter of the country, in a few big cities, LA, SF, Denver, Chicago, Phili, Baltimore, DC, and Boston.

That is why they say no one lives in red states and call America "flyover country," because to them, the rest of America is unimportant and empty to them.

The Founders who were taking the wealth produced by their slaves who did the actual work on their plantations? Those guys? You are some of the dumbest mother fuckers on the planet..... :lol:
Yes slavery sucked quit being a victim, it doesn't change the fact that you are still a slave to rich white guys in the democrat leadership

How does that work exactly? Do you even understand what the word means Bingo? How does counting everyone's vote as one vote disenfranchize anyone? Right now the electoral college disenfranchises everyone in a State who votes for a candidate who doesn't win that States electoral college votes.

leaving the decision on who the president is to NYC, Chicago, or LA

the people in 75% of the country could just stay home.

By Zach Jewell Oct 9, 2024 DailyWire.com

Democratic Vice Presidential candidate Tim Walz said on Tuesday that the “Electoral College needs to go,” forcing the Kamala Harris campaign to release a statement saying it does not support abolishing the Constitutional mechanism for presidential elections.

At two campaign fundraisers on the West Coast, Walz called for abolishing the Electoral College, arguing that it forces candidates to focus too much attention on a handful of battleground states, The New York Times reported.

“I think all of us know, the Electoral College needs to go. We need a national popular vote,” Walz told donors at California Gov. Gavin Newsom’s home in Sacramento. “So we need to win Beaver County, Pennsylvania. We need to be able to go into York, Pennsylvania, and win. We need to be in western Wisconsin and win. We need to be in Reno, Nevada, and win.”

At an event earlier on Tuesday, Walz told supporters that he is “a national popular vote guy, but that’s not the world we live in.”

Following the Minnesota governor’s call for the Electoral College to be abolished, the Harris campaign said in a statement, “Governor Walz believes that every vote matters in the Electoral College and he is honored to be traveling the country and battleground states working to earn support for the Harris-Walz ticket.”

Comment:
The Democrats claim that they are saving our "democracy".
But at the same time, they are attacking the foundations of our country.
The Electoral College strengthens our pluralistic election system.
I agree with Gov Walz. The Electoral College was only put into place to balance the slaveholding states against the non slaveholding states. We don't need that system anymore. The President should get rid of it with an Executive Order. :yes_text12:

I agree with Gov Walz. The Electoral College was only put into place to balance the slaveholding states against the non slaveholding states. We don't need that system anymore. The President should get rid of it with an Executive Order. :yes_text12:
I doubt he can.

Yes slavery sucked quit being a victim, it doesn't change the fact that you are still a slave to rich white guys in the democrat leadership
Who said I was a victim of anything? If anything you Morons are my victims. :lol:

Also that's not a fact. How stupid do you have to be to not be able to tell the difference between your opinion and facts? :dunno: :lmao:

Forum List

Back