WaPo Makes New Appeal To End Presidential Term Limits

:lol:

There it is..

Conservative thinking on the topic.

If it was someone they like? No problem.

I don't remember...did anyone call for a third Bush term?
Even conservatives saw what a disaster Bush was.

However, some pubbies did want to repeal the 22nd for St. Ronnie.

Bush was not a conservative.
Even so, I'll bet almost every conservative on this site would have Bush back in a heartbeat over the stuttering clusterfuck in the White House now.
No one thought Reagan should get a 3rd term. Another canard.

:lol:

There it is..

Conservative thinking on the topic.

If it was someone they like? No problem.

Bush was/is a good person who loves his country--------two characterics lacking in Obama.

Bash Bush all you want, what we have today is 1000 times worse.

Even so, I'll bet almost every conservative on this site would have Bush back in a heartbeat over the stuttering clusterfuck in the White House now.
They most certainly did.

Even Reagan himself thought the 22nd Amendment was "a mistake."

They most certainly did.

Link?

They most certainly did.

Bullshit, Nancy ran the country during Reagan's last year. NO ONE thought he should get a 3rd term----------what a bunch of dem/lib crap.

They most certainly did.

Link?
1986:

"In an interview early this year with the Washington Post, [Reagan] identified a principal political defect of the amendment, saying that "the minute the '84 election is over, everybody starts saying what are we going to do in '88 and focusing a spotlight" on potential presidential candidates.

Subsequently, in an interview with Barbara Walters, Reagan said that "in thinking about it more and more, I have come to the conclusion that the 22nd Amendment was a mistake."

History Is Closing In Reagan: 22nd Amendment A Mistake - Philly.com

They most certainly did.

Link?

he has no link, like all libtardians, he just makes stuff up.

They most certainly did.

Link?
1986:

"In an interview early this year with the Washington Post, [Reagan] identified a principal political defect of the amendment, saying that "the minute the '84 election is over, everybody starts saying what are we going to do in '88 and focusing a spotlight" on potential presidential candidates.

Subsequently, in an interview with Barbara Walters, Reagan said that "in thinking about it more and more, I have come to the conclusion that the 22nd Amendment was a mistake."

History Is Closing In Reagan: 22nd Amendment A Mistake - Philly.com

out of context. I remember that interview-----he was joking.

They most certainly did.

Bullshit, Nancy ran the country during Reagan's last year. NO ONE thought he should get a 3rd term----------what a bunch of dem/lib crap.
Oh yeah?

Reagan Backers Rally for Allowing a 3rd Term

August 08, 1986|
WASHINGTON — Partisans of President Reagan rallied noisily Thursday in front of the White House in a campaign to change the Constitution to permit him to seek another term that he insists he does not want.

"Four more years!" about 300 Reagan supporters chanted, waving signs that urged repeal of the 22nd Amendment, which limits a president to no more than two terms or 10 years in office.

pixel.gif

Rep. Guy Vander Jagt (R-Mich.) introduced legislation last week that would repeal the amendment.

Reagan Backers Rally for Allowing a 3rd Term - Los Angeles Times

Who you gonna believe? Me or your lying eyes?

The Argus-Press - Google News Archive Search

Oh heavens above. PLEASE make it where a president can be UNvoted so they CAN't finish their term...not extend it! The one we have now? I am eagerly looking forward to 2016 so he GOES AWAY.

They most certainly did.

Oh yeah?

Reagan Backers Rally for Allowing a 3rd Term

August 08, 1986|
WASHINGTON — Partisans of President Reagan rallied noisily Thursday in front of the White House in a campaign to change the Constitution to permit him to seek another term that he insists he does not want.

"Four more years!" about 300 Reagan supporters chanted, waving signs that urged repeal of the 22nd Amendment, which limits a president to no more than two terms or 10 years in office.

pixel.gif

Rep. Guy Vander Jagt (R-Mich.) introduced legislation last week that would repeal the amendment.

Reagan Backers Rally for Allowing a 3rd Term - Los Angeles Times

Who you gonna believe? Me or your lying eyes?

The Argus-Press - Google News Archive Search

Holy shit, 300 people, sounds like a sharpton rally.

The Washington Post Op-Ed is a perfectly reasonable, well-considered review of the merits of the 22nd Amendment, how it came into existence for mostly partisan reasons, the nature of unintended consequences (Reagan), and in no way advocates for a ‘third term’ for Obama, to believe otherwise is ignorant partisan idiocy by the right.

Looks like you spoke too soon, RedSnapper.

I always back up what I say.

People have come to expect that from me.

an out-of-context quote does not count. You failed to cover your lie. now move on.
It's not out of context. Reagan supported repeal of the 22nd Amendment.

That's a fac, jack.

Nope, he was joking with Baba wawa. by the end of his 2nd term he hardly knew who he was. sad but true.

CS Monitor article - written 1987, a little after Iran Contra started biting St. Ronnies butt:

"UNTIL President Reagan's current travails, Reagan enthusiasts rushed around the country clamoring for repeal of the two-term limitation for presidents.

Ratified 36 years ago, the 22nd Amendment states that ``No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice.'' Only a few months ago Rep. Guy Vander Jagt, chairman of the House Republican Campaign Committee, declared that Mr. Reagan was one of ``the greatest American Presidents of all time and I want to keep him on the job.'' ``The Democrats had FDR for four terms,'' he said. ``We deserve to have Ronald Reagan for at least three.'' Saying ``the 22nd Amendment be damned,'' a Portland, Ore., gentleman launched a committee to repeal the Constitution's prohibition against third-term presidents. And a New Hampshire Republican formed a national organization to mobilize repeal of the 22nd.

Reagan came to the White House supporting the 22nd.

Sometime early in his second term, however, he changed his mind. He repeatedly now says he believes the 22nd violates the people's democratic rights. The people ought to have a right to decide who their leaders will be, he says: ``If they want to vote for someone, we shouldn't have a rule that tells them they can't.''

Reagan isn't alone. A third of the general public, according to a Gallup poll (last October), say they would like to see this amendment repealed so presidents could run for more than two terms. A spring 1986 Wall Street Journal poll found even stronger support for repeal. (Not surprisingly, twice as many Republicans as Democrats favored repeal.

Two cheers for the 22nd Amendment. The two-term limit for presidents helps prevent political stagnation - CSMonitor.com

Do connies ever tire of so many times being wrong?

CS Monitor article - written 1987, a little after Iran Contra started biting St. Ronnies butt:

"UNTIL President Reagan's current travails, Reagan enthusiasts rushed around the country clamoring for repeal of the two-term limitation for presidents.

Ratified 36 years ago, the 22nd Amendment states that ``No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice.'' Only a few months ago Rep. Guy Vander Jagt, chairman of the House Republican Campaign Committee, declared that Mr. Reagan was one of ``the greatest American Presidents of all time and I want to keep him on the job.'' ``The Democrats had FDR for four terms,'' he said. ``We deserve to have Ronald Reagan for at least three.'' Saying ``the 22nd Amendment be damned,'' a Portland, Ore., gentleman launched a committee to repeal the Constitution's prohibition against third-term presidents. And a New Hampshire Republican formed a national organization to mobilize repeal of the 22nd.

Reagan came to the White House supporting the 22nd.

Sometime early in his second term, however, he changed his mind. He repeatedly now says he believes the 22nd violates the people's democratic rights. The people ought to have a right to decide who their leaders will be, he says: ``If they want to vote for someone, we shouldn't have a rule that tells them they can't.''

Reagan isn't alone. A third of the general public, according to a Gallup poll (last October), say they would like to see this amendment repealed so presidents could run for more than two terms. A spring 1986 Wall Street Journal poll found even stronger support for repeal. (Not surprisingly, twice as many Republicans as Democrats favored repeal.

Two cheers for the 22nd Amendment. The two-term limit for presidents helps prevent political stagnation - CSMonitor.com

Do connies ever tire of so many times being wrong?

Ever tire of calling him an alzheimers person and then turn around again douche bag and say whoa geeze he's got all his faculties?

You lying pieces of shit. What is it? Give it to me douche bag...................

Forum List

Back