War on men continues. College Baseball player booted from team for calling Mo'ne Davis a "slut"

There is no disputing that the offender wrote something disgusting, inappropriate, and offensive to just about any human. Indeed, the comment constitutes "slander per se" (impugning the morality of a single woman) under the law and if the jackass had any assets he could be sued for the comment itself.

The question is whether throwing him off the team was an appropriate response. Most people are assholes at one time or another. If we get caught being an asshole we are punished in some appropriate and proportionate way, we learn our lesson (hopefully) and move on.

But we seem to have created a form of "capital punishment" for some forms of being an asshole in this country. This kid's life could be seriously affected by this incident. For being an asshole one time? Suspend him for a few games, and be done with it.

You ever coach any girls high school sports?
This is purely a left/non-left issue. This is feminist double standard politics fucking with children. Resorting to insults suggests that you're stymied by the logic.

It's none of your fucking business, especially since it's not relevant.

And since you're incapable of any manner of sound logic and reasoning, making light of your mental handicap with insults is the only thing keeping this thread worth bothering with.

Now tell me again how Mo'ne Davis playing little league baseball fills you with such uncontrollable rage. :lol:
You're the one who sounds outraged with your insults. How about you stick to the topic and respond to the logic?
If you haven't coached any girls high school sports then you don't have the level of perspective on this topic that I do.
Explain how a girl can compete in a boys sport but boys can't compete in girls sports.

They let you around HS students? What sport?
More left wing disparagement. Just deal with the topic, OK, democrat?
Track and field, outdoor and indoor.

This is purely a left/non-left issue. This is feminist double standard politics fucking with children. Resorting to insults suggests that you're stymied by the logic.

And since you're incapable of any manner of sound logic and reasoning, making light of your mental handicap with insults is the only thing keeping this thread worth bothering with.

Now tell me again how Mo'ne Davis playing little league baseball fills you with such uncontrollable rage. :lol:
You're the one who sounds outraged with your insults. How about you stick to the topic and respond to the logic?
If you haven't coached any girls high school sports then you don't have the level of perspective on this topic that I do.
Explain how a girl can compete in a boys sport but boys can't compete in girls sports.

I would say it's because boys are most often going to be stronger and more athletic than most girls. Therefore, having a boy on a girls' team would give that team an unfair advantage over a team that is ALL girls. If a girl is participating on a boys' team, that is not a concern. It is a biological fact that boys are stronger than girls.
A girl participating on a boys team is not an issue so long as she doesn't force anyone from participating by taking a spot that is limited by roster numbers. If the number is unlimited then it's moot. But if there is a roster limit then a boy is getting shorted and that is way wrong. Especially if a girls alternative is available.

There is no girls Little League baseball. There is no girls HS baseball. There is is no girls collegiate baseball. If a girl wants to play baseball, she needs to join a boys league.

I'd like you to point out some examples of girls taking roster spots from boys who ARE BETTER AT PLAYING BASEBALL.

It's about adolescent sports, gender and perspective. Have you ever coached any girls high schools sports?

Wrong.

It's about a girl playing little league baseball and how much that pisses you off.
I've had girls who achieved full scholarships to college as a result of participating in girls sports. They wouldn't have had that opportunity had they not tried out for the sport. If boys were allowed to try out for the girls team those girls would not have made the team and would not have achieved those scholarships.
If the door is opened for girls to compete on boys teams then the same opportunity must be made for boys on girls teams. Look at what the consequences could be. If a girl takes a boys spot then greater opportunities could be deprived. In the case of the LL WS these boys get just this one opportunity and a boy was robbed. But no one will mention it because the PC police with the grace of feminist nazi shakedown artists will castigate them for it.

There is no disputing that the offender wrote something disgusting, inappropriate, and offensive to just about any human. Indeed, the comment constitutes "slander per se" (impugning the morality of a single woman) under the law and if the jackass had any assets he could be sued for the comment itself.

The question is whether throwing him off the team was an appropriate response. Most people are assholes at one time or another. If we get caught being an asshole we are punished in some appropriate and proportionate way, we learn our lesson (hopefully) and move on.

But we seem to have created a form of "capital punishment" for some forms of being an asshole in this country. This kid's life could be seriously affected by this incident. For being an asshole one time? Suspend him for a few games, and be done with it.

Totally agree. Great points. :)

It's about adolescent sports, gender and perspective. Have you ever coached any girls high schools sports?

Wrong.

It's about a girl playing little league baseball and how much that pisses you off.
I've had girls who achieved full scholarships to college as a result of participating in girls sports. They wouldn't have had that opportunity had they not tried out for the sport. If boys were allowed to try out for the girls team those girls would not have made the team and would not have achieved those scholarships.
If the door is opened for girls to compete on boys teams then the same opportunity must be made for boys on girls teams. Look at what the consequences could be. If a girl takes a boys spot then greater opportunities could be deprived. In the case of the LL WS these boys get just this one opportunity and a boy was robbed. But no one will mention it because the PC police with the grace of feminist nazi shakedown artists will castigate them for it.

Maybe people shouldn't get scholarships because they are good at sports, but instead based upon their academic achievements?

Dude....you are disparaging yourself here. Your take on this demonstrates below average intelligence. I wonder how you are permitted to work with young people.

I'm not a Democrat.

Track and field? Cool. Did you ever have an issue with a girl wanting to compete on the boys team?

I would say it's because boys are most often going to be stronger and more athletic than most girls. Therefore, having a boy on a girls' team would give that team an unfair advantage over a team that is ALL girls. If a girl is participating on a boys' team, that is not a concern. It is a biological fact that boys are stronger than girls.
A girl participating on a boys team is not an issue so long as she doesn't force anyone from participating by taking a spot that is limited by roster numbers. If the number is unlimited then it's moot. But if there is a roster limit then a boy is getting shorted and that is way wrong. Especially if a girls alternative is available.

There is no girls Little League baseball. There is no girls HS baseball. There is is no girls collegiate baseball. If a girl wants to play baseball, she needs to join a boys league.

I'd like you to point out some examples of girls taking roster spots from boys who ARE BETTER AT PLAYING BASEBALL.
Girls have softball at those levels. Boys don't have softball. So should boys try out for the girls softball teams or should they create their own softball teams? The same way girls can create their own baseball teams just as they have created girls opportunities for virtually every other sport.

Wrong.

Maybe people shouldn't get scholarships because they are good at sports, but instead based upon their academic achievements?
Why not both as it is?

I went to college on a full academic scholarship.

I assure you, they do exist. :thup:

Oh I know that. I'm saying that maybe people should not be able to get scholarships to college based on their athletic abilities?

Wrong.

Why not both as it is?

Because of issues such as what is being discussed right now.

Besides, I never thought athletic scholarships were such a good idea. College is supposed to be about continuing education, not sports. I don't mind that they have sports, but they really shouldn't be recruiting people for college based on their athleticism, IMO.

Dude....you are disparaging yourself here. Your take on this demonstrates below average intelligence. I wonder how you are permitted to work with young people.

I'm not a Democrat.

Track and field? Cool. Did you ever have an issue with a girl wanting to compete on the boys team?

I'm not a Democrat.

You reason like a democrat.
No need for a girl to compete on the boys team because there is already a girls team.
I have used the boys distance team to help prepare the girls for sprint competition.

I went to college on a full academic scholarship.

I assure you, they do exist. :thup:

Oh I know that. I'm saying that maybe people should not be able to get scholarships to college based on their athletic abilities?
If it creates more opportunity then it should be. There are grants and scholarships available for way more reasons than sports and academics.

Forum List

Back