War on The Rich: Dumbest Idea in History of Man

Hey Mike K.. Try a comparison between Costco and Sams Club. Sams Club is the members only/bulk buy division of Walmart.

No capitalist is in business out of the goodness of their heart to help the masses..

wrong wrong wrong. If you get an MBA or read the big business best sellers like Good to Great you learn the oppposite. If someone is doing it just for money or greed he won't do it nearly as well as someone who really cares about serving his customers. This is why they go on long after they have made millions. They love what they do.

Perhaps you misconstrued what I am saying. A capitalist is not in business to break even and not realize a profit from his efforts. Yes, most successful capitalists are doing what they love and genuinely want to serve their customers. And they want their customers to be happy as well. They are not greedy, they are not doing it "just for money" and I didn't say that. However, a "capitalist" who sets out to simply provide something without realizing any profit financially, is called a "philanthropist" and not a "capitalist."
No capitalist is in business out of the goodness of their heart to help the masses..

wrong wrong wrong. If you get an MBA or read the big business best sellers like Good to Great you learn the oppposite. If someone is doing it just for money or greed he won't do it nearly as well as someone who really cares about serving his customers. This is why they go on long after they have made millions. They love what they do.

Perhaps you misconstrued what I am saying. A capitalist is not in business to break even and not realize a profit from his efforts. Yes, most successful capitalists are doing what they love and genuinely want to serve their customers. And they want their customers to be happy as well. They are not greedy, they are not doing it "just for money" and I didn't say that. However, a "capitalist" who sets out to simply provide something without realizing any profit financially, is called a "philanthropist" and not a "capitalist."

great points!

Yes sir, the economic professors at Harvard Business School must be proud of you two. Or was that Wharton that you two attended? LMAO.

Yes, you will see a substantial difference in pay and conditions if McDonalds becomes unionized.... McDonalds will go out of business and those who work for them will be unemployed former hamburger flippers.
Why do you imagine McDonalds will go out of business if its employees become unionized? As I've already told you, McDonald's employees in Denmark are paid $20/hour and the burgers keep on flipping.

Perhaps you are not aware the first task of competent union executives prior to wage negotiations is to carefully investigate an employer's financial status to be sure they are proceeding on sustainable ground.

Hey Mike K.. Try a comparison between Costco and Sams Club. Sams Club is the members only/bulk buy division of Walmart.
I think the factor Boss conveniently ignores in his attempt to classify CostCo as a wholesaler is the fact that wholesalers distribute to retailers, not to ordinary consumers -- regardless of any "club" membership requirement.

Yes, you will see a substantial difference in pay and conditions if McDonalds becomes unionized.... McDonalds will go out of business and those who work for them will be unemployed former hamburger flippers.
Why do you imagine McDonalds will go out of business if its employees become unionized? As I've already told you, McDonald's employees in Denmark are paid $20/hour and the burgers keep on flipping.

Perhaps you are not aware the first task of competent union executives prior to wage negotiations is to carefully investigate an employer's financial status to be sure they are proceeding on sustainable ground.

McDonald's employees in Denmark are paid $20/hour...
Last time I checked, we're not in Denmark.

Is that what they did in Detroit with the auto industry?
0.jpg

I think the factor Boss conveniently ignores in his attempt to classify CostCo as a wholesaler is the fact that wholesalers distribute to retailers, not to ordinary consumers -- regardless of any "club" membership requirement.

I didn't ignore anything. I said they were a "wholesale buyers club" because that's what they are. I did not say they were wholesale distributors. Customers do not simply walk into Costco and start buying stuff. You have to pay a $100 club membership fee before you can buy anything. So it's simply not a retail outlet and not comparable to Walmart.

Walmart is a successful business, I think they will continue to pay low wages and that's ok, I also see it ok that their workers get gov't assistance. So do most other people

Walmart is a successful business, I think they will continue to pay low wages and that's ok, I also see it ok that their workers get gov't assistance. So do most other people

That's an interesting take on you spending MY tax dollars. SO, what government assistance are you on? You a Walmart employee?

Nope but if one works full time and can't afford to eat then I have zero problem with gov't help I have a hard time believing others would want to deny a full time worker something to eat. Those are low paying jobs and frankly nobody can say one is able to support themselves on something like that

0.jpg
Detroit's loss was not as much the wages as much as it was the Japanese...

Nope but if one works full time and can't afford to eat then I have zero problem with gov't help I have a hard time believing others would want to deny a full time worker something to eat. Those are low paying jobs and frankly nobody can say one is able to support themselves on something like that

WOW dude. Wouldn't it be better if the EMPLOYER paid their employees ENOUGH that they didn't qualify for food stamps. It's not like the companies aren't making record or close to record profits.

SO you are in favor of the employer passing on the costs of their employees to the general taxpayers? That's kinda fucked up.

If places like a Walmart were real serious about not taking advantage of the American taxpayer, they would take their employees by company bus to the local food banks. Then the cost to feed their employees is still on the general public but no one can complain that they receive food stamps from the government.

0.jpg

Hey moron, keep up with the conversation.

"Perhaps you are not aware the first task of competent union executives prior to wage negotiations is to carefully investigate an employer's financial status to be sure they are proceeding on sustainable ground."

Is that what happened in Detroit?

Obviously it wasn't.

0.jpg

Hey moron, keep up with the conversation.

"Perhaps you are not aware the first task of competent union executives prior to wage negotiations is to carefully investigate an employer's financial status to be sure they are proceeding on sustainable ground."

Is that what happened in Detroit?

Obviously it wasn't.
Had nothing to do with design and marketability of a product..

WOW dude. Wouldn't it be better if the EMPLOYER paid their employees ENOUGH that they didn't qualify for food stamps. t.

It is not the employers' responsibility to pay you enough.

They will pay what they think your skills are worth to them.

It is NOT the taxpayers responsibility to feed, etc, you and yours.

How can a little bit of gov't assistance bother people? Cheapskates.

It's not a little bit of gov't assistance, it's never a little bit of anything with liberals. It's as much as they can get, then when they get it, it's a push for as much as they can get again. There is never enough to satisfy the meme. Doesn't matter what it is, pick one. We spend massive amounts of money on an extraordinary number of government programs to help the poor and needy...is it enough? Nope. In fact, to hear a liberal tell it, we're doing nothing at all!

We go through this cycle with liberals where a problem is breathlessly whined about for several years until finally, some people cave in and give them what they want to fix the problem, then as soon as that is done, they start whining again as if the problem simply never was fixed. Healthcare is a prime example. Many years ago, we established Medicaid and Medicare to help the poor and old people get the medical care they needed because... oh me oh my, it's a huge problem! Today they continue the meme... still the same problem, even though we addressed it 50 years ago. So now we have Obamacare... will that fix the problem? Nope. In 20 years, the liberals will breathlessly act as if nothing was ever done and the problem still exists.

The environment... for years and years... oh the precious environment, something needs to be done! Finally, we get the EPA and Clean Air Act, all kinds of regulations and penalties to fix the problem... Today's liberal acts as if none of this ever happened. Big corporations are polluting the hell out of our water and air and something needs to be done!

Payscale, another huge problem in America... for years and years... oh the poor people can't make a decent living... we need to fix that... we pass the minimum wage... is it enough? Nope! It's NEVER enough! We never seem to be able to give liberals enough for them to shut the fuck up and be satisfied we've fixed the problem. NEVER! It is a constant never-ending cycle, and it is literally driving this country into bankruptcy.

0.jpg
That tells you just how well the dollar is doing in exchange rates, huh.

Well I believe if an adult is working 40 hours per week and is living in poverty then I don't care if they get gov't assistance. Who am I to deny someone enough money to eat? The last thing I want is what is happening in China. Most people working for low wages and unbeatable air. They need some massive regulations on their industry because when one cannot breathe the air something must be done.

Well I believe if an adult is working 40 hours per week and is living in poverty then I don't care if they get gov't assistance. Who am I to deny someone enough money to eat? The last thing I want is what is happening in China. Most people working for low wages and unbeatable air. They need some massive regulations on their industry because when one cannot breathe the air something must be done.
Yeah cause no one should have to work to carry their own weight... roll eyes...

Forum List

Back