Was John Wilkes Booth right to shoot Lincoln?

Lincoln wanted to make America Great Again.
Didn't work out too well did it? We are still divided north vs south. STILL
FORCE is NEVER the answer
And many on the right are still hoping for another civil war.

And the left socially assassinates and calls the govt because they cant wipe their own ass.
Either way...:dunno:
Who knows what that means?
:ack-1:

And the left socially assassinates and calls the govt because they cant wipe their own ass.
Looks like even you don't know what that means.
thumbsup.gif

thumbsup.gif
What? Socially assassinated? Calling the govt? Wiping your own ass? What kind of moron doesn't understand that?

thumbsup.gif
What? Socially assassinated? Calling the govt? Wiping your own ass? What kind of moron doesn't understand that?
I dunno, what kind of moron thinks it's only the left who does those things?

thumbsup.gif
I dunno, what kind of moron think its only the right that wants a race war?

The day is not far away when American children will see a confederate flag and ask, "what is that". Some already do, but that rag is going to become a nothing and barely a memory pretty soon.

The Civil War was not quite over when lincoln was shot and since L was commander in chief of the Union army, he was certainly a legitimate military target.

Lincoln started the war that killed 600,000 americans and if he had lived he'd have likely started another war, maybe with canada or england.

Both legally and ethically, JWB was in the right.

As a head of state and military commander he was indeed a legitimate military target. Dangerous subject matter though. Doubt anyone here thinks this is just about Lincoln.

The day is not far away when American children will see a confederate flag and ask, "what is that". Some already do, but that rag is going to become a nothing and barely a memory pretty soon.
Not in the South :thup:
Since you limp wrists started crying every time you saw it, there are flags EVERYWHERE here.

thumbsup.gif
You're delusional, I never said anything about a race war. :cuckoo:

thumbsup.gif
Civil war. Better?
My point was, since you are obviously a hack, is that neither side is helping.

thumbsup.gif
Civil war. Better?
My point was, since you are obviously a hack, is that neither side is helping.
Show me who on the left is pining for another civil war?

Lincoln had no authority or inclination prior to the war to free the slaves in slave states.

Which is why three years later he freed only the slaves he had the authority to free- the slaves in the rebellious slave states.

Just the opposite. The confederacy was a foreign country and lincoln had no authority to free their slaves and yet the EP said they were free!!! The EP was just a PR stunt to keep france and england out of the war.

The 'Confederacy' was nothing more than states in rebellion against the lawful authority of the United States.

While you mourn the end of slavery, the reality is that the actions of the rebels hastened the end of slavery. While they feared that the election of Lincoln would weaken slave laws- prevent additional slave states in the West, and ultimately lead to abolition- by rebelling, the slave states saw the end of slavery come 4 bloody years later. The Emancipation Proclamation was just the first step in ending slavery- freeing some 20,000 slaves at that moment- and ultimately responsible for freeing the majority of slaves in the United States- leading of course to the 13th Amendment you despise so much- which freed the remaining slaves.

The Civil War was not quite over when lincoln was shot and since L was commander in chief of the Union army, he was certainly a legitimate military target.

Lincoln started the war that killed 600,000 americans and if he had lived he'd have likely started another war, maybe with canada or england.

Both legally and ethically, JWB was in the right.

As a head of state and military commander he was indeed a legitimate military target. Dangerous subject matter though. Doubt anyone here thinks this is just about Lincoln.

Lincoln would have been a legitimate military target today- though frankly in that era targeting a head of state would not have been considered legitimate.

But regardless- Booth was no soldier- as a citizen of the United States he was nothing more than a murderer. Or he could be considered a traitor.

Booth was hunted down like a wild dog and killed. His crew of traitors were hung by the neck until they were dead. The were treated as common murders.

Yup - they were convicted by a military tribunal even though they were civilians and the civilian courts were operating just fine.!

LOL.......divided how?

Just because some idiots like yourself pine away for the grand old days of slavery the reality is compared to 1860, or even 1776, all of the United States is gloriously more united now than then.

The 'Confederacy' was nothing more than states in rebellion against the lawful authority of the United States.

Same can be said of the 13 colonies that seceded from england in 1776. America was founded on secession. THINK

It is AMAZING how people say Lincoln didn't shit on our COTUS. In his proclamation to call Congress together, he himself even said he needs Congress to OK his unconstitutional actions..
Revisionist bullshit is all this is.

Oh I agree that President Lincoln abused the Constitution as he worked to end the rebellion.

Of course the rebellious states abused the Constitution by the act of rebellion.

In the end, Lincoln's action kept the United States united- and that directly lead to the United States becoming the most powerful and affluent nation in the world 80 years later.

But regardless- Booth was no soldier- as a citizen of the United States he was nothing more than a murderer. Or he could be considered a traitor.

The civil war was not really a civil war (since the south did not want control of the country), but it was an internal war and that makes it very tough to say who was
a traitor. THINK

LOL.......divided how?

Just because some idiots like yourself pine away for the grand old days of slavery the reality is compared to 1860, or even 1776, all of the United States is gloriously more united now than then.
You know where you can shove your strawman :)

Same can be said of the 13 colonies that seceded from england in 1776. America was founded on secession. THINK

And if the colonies had failed, the leaders would have been hung by England.

The United States didn't hang Jeff Davis or others- though we could have.

The Confederacy was nothing more than states in rebellion against the lawful authority of the United States- a rebellion for the express purpose of protecting the institution of slavery.

You still are upset that the pro-slavery Confederate rebellion failed- and slavery ended.

You will continue to live in disappointment.

Forum List

Back