🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Was Obama as a gun-banner happy to see Newtown killings???

And I also harbor no doubt that -- although he is using that tragedy to go after the guns -- he believes he is doing the right thing.
If that were the case, He would not have waited until He was re-elected to push for such things.

I disagree. He may lack political nadz, but that doesn't mean that he doubts that he is "doing right."

I doubt that he is doing right. But let's give the devil his due. He's a lib and libs by and large look for simplistic solutions to complex problems. Gunfire kills people Therefore guns are bad. In the Newton case, the guns killed lots of innocent kids and some teachers and staff. Therefore guns are REAL bad.

Simplistic? Sure. But malicious intent on the President's part? I don't buy that.

And I also harbor no doubt that -- although he is using that tragedy to go after the guns -- he believes he is doing the right thing.
If that were the case, He would not have waited until He was re-elected to push for such things.

I disagree. He may lack political nadz, but that doesn't mean that he doubts that he is "doing right."

I doubt that he is doing right. But let's give the devil his due. He's a lib and libs by and large look for simplistic solutions to complex problems. Gunfire kills people Therefore guns are bad. In the Newton case, the guns killed lots of innocent kids and some teachers and staff. Therefore guns are REAL bad.

Simplistic? Sure. But malicious intent on the President's part? I don't buy that.

How would "malicious intent" be possible? Obama had NOTHING to do with actual shooting.

The question was after the shooting did Obama's goal of banning guns made easier because of the shootings i.e. was he happy to have this event trigger more news then
the 500+ deaths occurring in Chicago a city with the most strict gun laws??

and you guys want us to accept dead babies as just collateral damage of your desire to have semis so you can kill me when you dont win elections

Why is it that dead babies ONLY matter to liberals when they can use them to promote oppressive agendas like gun control? The ones in the dumpsters at abortion clinics don't seem to bother them at all.

How would "malicious intent" be possible? Obama had NOTHING to do with actual shooting.

The question was after the shooting did Obama's goal of banning guns made easier because of the shootings i.e. was he happy to have this event trigger more news then
the 500+ deaths occurring in Chicago a city with the most strict gun laws??

The malicious intent would have been to go after guns in his second term (when there is no third term) and THEN electing to cynically use the Newton tragedy as a tool to achieve tht purpose. Of course he had nothing to do with the shootings. Nobody suggested he did.

And I also don't think he cares about the bad-face of Chicago and it's ongoing slaughter problem other than caring about any person getting killed, that is.

Again, I have NO DOUBT that the President does see the Newton tragedy as an "opportunity" to push his anti-gun agenda. But even so, the main reason I posted in this thread is to challenge the claim of the OP. It is kind of sick to think ANYBODY would be "happy" over the murders in Newton. And there is no valid basis to suggest that the President was "happy" about it either.

No, the President and the Gun Grabbers are using the Deaths at Sandy Hook to their full advantage. For comparison, In one year 1991 in LA alone, A total of 677 adolescents and children were shot at, among whom 429 (63 percent) had gunshot wounds and 36 (5.3 percent) died from their injuries. That is way more than the Tragedy at Sandy Hook, but yet nothing is said about that. Is that because 303 of those with gunshot wounds (71 percent) were gang members. Handguns were the most frequently used type of firearm. All the homicide victims were African American or Hispanic, and 97 percent were boys.
I guess those stats to not play as well in the media.

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199402033300506

Background checks and limits on number would help in Dem cities. Guns are trucked in from Gun shows and Red states.

Free Birth control will cut abortions and save everyone money.

No, the President and the Gun Grabbers are using the Deaths at Sandy Hook to their full advantage. For comparison, In one year 1991 in LA alone, A total of 677 adolescents and children were shot at, among whom 429 (63 percent) had gunshot wounds and 36 (5.3 percent) died from their injuries. That is way more than the Tragedy at Sandy Hook, but yet nothing is said about that. Is that because 303 of those with gunshot wounds (71 percent) were gang members. Handguns were the most frequently used type of firearm. All the homicide victims were African American or Hispanic, and 97 percent were boys.

MMS: Error

I heard recently that hammers (I think this includes hammers and assorted other blunt instruments) were the weapons in many times more homicides per year than guns. I have not verified that alleged "stat" yet however.

Ban the Hammer.

and you guys want us to accept dead babies as just collateral damage of your desire to have semis so you can kill me when you dont win elections

why not, you all accept dead babies from when you act irresponsible and abort them when you don't want to be, as Obama put it, SADDLED with a kid

just ran a cross this and posted it elsewhere

people better wake up

[ame=http://youtu.be/blXkl9YVoHo]Dianne Feinstein Gun ban in 1995 - She wanted to Ban all guns, Force turn in - YouTube[/ame]

MMS: Error

I heard recently that hammers (I think this includes hammers and assorted other blunt instruments) were the weapons in many times more homicides per year than guns. I have not verified that alleged "stat" yet however.

Ban the Hammer.

You can't compare hammers to guns because a gun's purpose is to kill and hammer's is something else entirely.

This is about half whacky gun nuts snapping and killing 30 people with assault rifles and giant magazines... They should be banned but won't be.

The gangs in cities are about background checks (86% in favor) and stopping guns from being trucked in from Red states and gunshows.

Yeah, that's what I though. He supports banning those designated as assault weapons. He does not support banning all guns.
So, you agree:
Since the Newtown shooting, The Obama openly supports banning rifles, shotguns and handguns.
Of the assault weapon variety.
It doesnt matter what qualifier you want to assign:

Does He want to ban rifles?
Does He want to ban shotguns?
Does He wantt o ban handguns?

As shotguns, rifles and handguns are on the list of guns He wants to ban, the only sound answer to these three questions is "yes".

As happy as a pig in shit. "Never let a legitimate crisis go to waste" Obama was ecstatic getting this chance at putting that Rahmism in play in order to aggrandize his power. What better chance to disarm the people. After all he was intimately familiar with the quotation from the late Chinese Communist Party Chairman, Mao Tse Tung, "All power emanates from the barrel of a gun" due to his having employed at least two fans of Chairman Mao in his administration, Regulatory Czar Cass Sunstein and the Director Of WhiteHouse Communications Anita Dunn.
Wow. Anyone who thinks the President or any rational human being....
Your words speak quite loudly, and clearly illistrate the truth of the matter.

Support for gun control is based on nothing but raw emotion; more raw the emotion, the greater the support. Hard to imagine something more raw that the bruital shooting death of 20 kids in their classrooms.

Never let a good crisis go to waste.

Brietbart is lying.

The latest available data from the Justice Department show that during FY 2012 the government reported 9,027 new prosecutions for these matters. Those cases were referred by the Department of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms. According to the case-by-case information analyzed by the Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse (TRAC), this number is up 1.9% over the past fiscal year when the number of prosecutions totaled 8,861.

The comparisons of the number of defendants charged with offenses are based on case-by-case information obtained by TRAC under the Freedom of Information Act from the Executive Office for United States Attorneys (see Table 1).

Compared to five years ago when there were 10,065, the number of FY 2012 prosecutions of this type is down 10.3 percent. Prosecutions over the past year are still higher than they were ten years ago. Overall, the data show that prosecutions of this type are up 21 percent from the level of 7,463 reported in 2002 and up 45.9 percent from the level of 6,187 reported in 1992.

Clink on the links until you get to the actual TRAC report and you'll see you've been lied to.

This is about half whacky gun nuts snapping and killing 30 people with assault rifles and giant magazines... They should be banned but won't be.

The gangs in cities are about background checks (86% in favor) and stopping guns from being trucked in from Red states and gunshows.

You realize that is a super super super super super small fraction of the total number of dead people from guns, right?

You also realize of course that we kill more children than that measly number on a regular basis in Brown Town, right?

Finally, clearly, you realize that Connecticut already had an assault weapons ban when the massacre took place, right?

Brietbart is lying.

The latest available data from the Justice Department show that during FY 2012 the government reported 9,027 new prosecutions for these matters. Those cases were referred by the Department of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms. According to the case-by-case information analyzed by the Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse (TRAC), this number is up 1.9% over the past fiscal year when the number of prosecutions totaled 8,861.

The comparisons of the number of defendants charged with offenses are based on case-by-case information obtained by TRAC under the Freedom of Information Act from the Executive Office for United States Attorneys (see Table 1).

Compared to five years ago when there were 10,065, the number of FY 2012 prosecutions of this type is down 10.3 percent. Prosecutions over the past year are still higher than they were ten years ago. Overall, the data show that prosecutions of this type are up 21 percent from the level of 7,463 reported in 2002 and up 45.9 percent from the level of 6,187 reported in 1992.

Clink on the links until you get to the actual TRAC report and you'll see you've been lied to.

Yeah, these don't match up with the government's numbers on what they're doing...

People who are truely convnced that what they want to do is "the right thing" attept to do so regardless of the political consequnces.

People who are truely convnced that what they want to do is "the right thing" attept to do so regardless of the political consequnces.

The fact that he kills children would make me question his distaste for dead children.

Forum List

Back