Wayne LaPierre goes batshit crazy

The rightwing nuts think that the NRA is getting stronger because the NRA is increasing its appeal to them. But in the process it's moving further and further away from normal America.

Remember how Glenn Beck's stock moved up with the rightwing nuts the nuttier he got?

That's what's happening with the NRA now. Why? Because the NRA is following the business plan that all the organizations in the conservative entertainment complex have followed,

in order to get rich.

NRA membership is increasing. No matter how you try to spin it you can't argue with the facts.

They argue with facts all the time! Of course, liberals have a fall back position. The NRA and gun makers are "getting rich". That should be enough to stop people from wanting to protect themselves. But it isn't.

65 million guns have been sold since obama took office. There are millions more on order because gun stores are sold out. Yet, the liberal media will not report facts, they are relying on lies and class warfare. Someone is getting "rich" and they need to be punished.

Well Over 65 Million Guns Sold Since Obama Took Office

According to cnsnews.com, since February 1, 2009 there have been over 65,000,000 background checks for gun purchases in the United States.

That number is probably a good bit lower than the actual number of guns sold though since many states allow purchasers to show their state carry permit to purchase a gun without a background check and one background check can be good for multiple guns.

To put that into perspective, that is enough guns to arm all of the of residents Alabama, South Carolina, Louisiana, Kentucky, Oregon, Oklahoma, Connecticut, Iowa, Mississippi, Arkansas, Kansas, Utah, Nevada, New Mexico, West Virginia, Nebraska, Idaho, Maine, New Hampshire, Hawaii, Rhode Island, Montana, Delaware, South Dakota, Alaska, North Dakota, Vermont, District of Columbia*, and Wyoming.

I co-own a gun shop, I just got my CHL instructor license and we have been booked solid in all our classes for the past few months. The major problem I have is getting ammunition.

Don't you just love liberals?

Now if you are to believe in the Second Amendment, you are a gun nut.

Liberals love labels.

Truth.

I've lived in Canada and the US.

So I know the "gun debate" quite well. When my husband was transferred to Chrysler, Bramalea the moving company that PPG had hired for us put our bows in with our guns.

This is the slippery slope that every gun grabber wants you not to see.

It had gotten so convoluted with their anti gun liberal agenda that the Customs wouldn't release our bows because they were packed with our rifles.

We both had to complete our firearms courses to get our guns and bows out of Customs.

And the SOB's had the nerve to charge PPG for the storage.

This is absolutely why you can't back down an inch. They'll tell you over and over and over "oh we only want to take away assault weapons".

Bull mother trucking shit. You give the anti gun lobby an inch and they will run the marathon to disarm the American public.

NRA membership is increasing. No matter how you try to spin it you can't argue with the facts.

They argue with facts all the time! Of course, liberals have a fall back position. The NRA and gun makers are "getting rich". That should be enough to stop people from wanting to protect themselves. But it isn't.

65 million guns have been sold since obama took office. There are millions more on order because gun stores are sold out. Yet, the liberal media will not report facts, they are relying on lies and class warfare. Someone is getting "rich" and they need to be punished.

Well Over 65 Million Guns Sold Since Obama Took Office

According to cnsnews.com, since February 1, 2009 there have been over 65,000,000 background checks for gun purchases in the United States.

That number is probably a good bit lower than the actual number of guns sold though since many states allow purchasers to show their state carry permit to purchase a gun without a background check and one background check can be good for multiple guns.

To put that into perspective, that is enough guns to arm all of the of residents Alabama, South Carolina, Louisiana, Kentucky, Oregon, Oklahoma, Connecticut, Iowa, Mississippi, Arkansas, Kansas, Utah, Nevada, New Mexico, West Virginia, Nebraska, Idaho, Maine, New Hampshire, Hawaii, Rhode Island, Montana, Delaware, South Dakota, Alaska, North Dakota, Vermont, District of Columbia*, and Wyoming.

I co-own a gun shop, I just got my CHL instructor license and we have been booked solid in all our classes for the past few months. The major problem I have is getting ammunition.

Last month when i bought my .40 cal, I overheard a customer asking about CCW classes. This gun shop was running classes 3 days a week and booked solid until March.

Liberals love labels.

Truth.

I've lived in Canada and the US.

So I know the "gun debate" quite well. When my husband was transferred to Chrysler, Bramalea the moving company that PPG had hired for us put our bows in with our guns.

This is the slippery slope that every gun grabber wants you not to see.

It had gotten so convoluted with their anti gun liberal agenda that the Customs wouldn't release our bows because they were packed with our rifles.

We both had to complete our firearms courses to get our guns and bows out of Customs.

And the SOB's had the nerve to charge PPG for the storage.

This is absolutely why you can't back down an inch. They'll tell you over and over and over "oh we only want to take away assault weapons".

Bull mother trucking shit. You give the anti gun lobby an inch and they will run the marathon to disarm the American public.

100% accurate.

the scotus has already said the people are allowed to have guns.

They have also said gun laws are perfectly constitutional.

That means they cant take all your guns.

stop lying people

If you believe in the 2nd, you also support the government conscripting you to fight in a war.

Honestly how do you come up with conscription?

The purpose of the 2nd was to ensure a well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State. This was crafted at a time when we were in danger of being invaded by Britain or another power.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Used to be that you had to fear a powerful government taking the guns away, depriving you of the power to resist tyranny. Now, you have to worry about the government collapsing, leaving you in a Mad Max universe with no gasoline.

When exactly did the government change to where you don't have to fear it any longer ?

Now you only have to fear the government leaving and providing for you ?

There's a difference between legitimate concern for the misuse of power and paranoia.

The entire foundation of the conservative fringe is build on a faux reality; is it one framed by lies or mental illness? I suppose the answer depends on a case by case examination. Some, like OODA_Loop seem to be a result of both.

Actually the foundation for the argument is based on history and facts.

Death by "Gun Control"

Gun-Control Ignorance
How many times do the same arguments need to be refuted?

Gun Control Facts.

* Roughly 16,272 murders were committed in the United States during 2008. Of these, about 10,886 or 67% were committed with firearms.[11]

* A 1993 nationwide survey of 4,977 households found that over the previous five years, at least 0.5% of households had members who had used a gun for defense during a situation in which they thought someone "almost certainly would have been killed" if they "had not used a gun for protection." Applied to the U.S. population, this amounts to 162,000 such incidents per year. This figure excludes all "military service, police work, or work as a security guard."[12]

* Based on survey data from the U.S. Department of Justice, roughly 5,340,000 violent crimes were committed in the United States during 2008. These include simple/aggravated assaults, robberies, sexual assaults, rapes, and murders.[13] [14] [15] Of these, about 436,000 or 8% were committed by offenders visibly armed with a gun.[16]

* Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18]

* A 1993 nationwide survey of 4,977 households found that over the previous five years, at least 3.5% of households had members who had used a gun "for self-protection or for the protection of property at home, work, or elsewhere." Applied to the U.S. population, this amounts to 1,029,615 such incidents per year. This figure excludes all "military service, police work, or work as a security guard."[19]

* A 1994 survey conducted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that Americans use guns to frighten away intruders who are breaking into their homes about 498,000 times per year.[20]

* A 1982 survey of male felons in 11 state prisons dispersed across the U.S. found:[21]

• 34% had been "scared off, shot at, wounded, or captured by an armed victim"

• 40% had decided not to commit a crime because they "knew or believed that the victim was carrying a gun"

• 69% personally knew other criminals who had been "scared off, shot at, wounded, or captured by an armed victim"[22]

* At the current homicide rate, roughly one in every 240 Americans will be murdered.[23]

* A U.S. Justice Department study based on crime data from 1974-1985 found:

• 42% of Americans will be the victim of a completed violent crime (assault, robbery, rape) in the course of their lives

• 83% of Americans will be the victim of an attempted or completed violent crime

• 52% of Americans will be the victim of an attempted or completed violent crime more than once[24]

* A 1997 survey of more than 18,000 prison inmates found that among those serving time for a violent crime, "30% of State offenders and 35% of Federal offenders carried a firearm when committing the crime."[25]

The best argument for gun control is a five minute conversation with a gun nut!

The best argument for continuing to support the second amendment of the USC is reading the postings of the left-wing moonbat brigade and their brethren in the state-run media.

If you believe in the 2nd, you also support the government conscripting you to fight in a war.

Honestly how do you come up with conscription?

The purpose of the 2nd was to ensure a well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State. This was crafted at a time when we were in danger of being invaded by Britain or another power.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Ah but you have to look at the Second thru the lens of the Fourteenth. You missed my fabulous debate with Dante didn't you?

:eusa_angel:

Heller vs DC was a tad vague but McDonald vs Chicago clearly tied the Fourteenth to the Second.

The 2nd amendment prevents the 'disarmament' of America and the 2nd amendment is not going to be repealed.

Paranoia is the fear of something imaginary. The disarmament of America is imaginary.

[
* A 1997 survey of more than 18,000 prison inmates found that among those serving time for a violent crime, "30% of State offenders and 35% of Federal offenders carried a firearm when committing the crime."[25]

And the latest NRA position is to oppose background checks that would prevent the above mentioned from legally buying a gun the day they walk out of prison.

stop lying people

Truth is they can't take ANY of our guns.

The scotus disagrees with you.

Wrong.

See Heller vs DC and most importantly see McDonald vs Chicago. Cripes I'm up here and I know this shit.

TM Both DC and Chicago found unlawful by your Supreme Court.

And read up on the 14th will you? The 14th came into play specifically to not allow States to deprive freed men rights to own a weapon.

[

And the latest NRA position is to oppose background checks that would prevent the above mentioned from legally buying a gun the day they walk out of prison.

We oppose registration, not background checks.

Registration leads to confiscation. Just ask the Canadians.

Joe Scarborough: "Nobody should be stupid enough to support what LaPierre said in this article, so why does Lindsey Graham [forehead slap]..."

lol, little joey Scarborough wetting himself on national tv....say it ain't so..he should get a clue no one cares what he has to say anymore..

Scarborough is on a crusade against the gun lobby. Everytime LaPierre opens his stupid mouth, people hate him and Republicans more. You all need to understand how much these mass murders are affecting normal people.

^ You all need to understand how much these mass murders are affecting normal people? :confused: Really... I don't know anybody who has been killed in a mass shooting. The day you allow events that don't have anything to do with you affect you, is the day is the day you need to get going and seek professional help, because you are obviously not acting rationally.

stop lying people

Truth is they can't take ANY of our guns.

Then when LaPierre et al keep ranting about how they're going to take your guns,

they're not telling the truth.

You're catching on.

Forum List

Back