We all downplayed this Virus

MK,
You will not that Leftists will avoid this like the plague. Truth hurts them deeply.
Both sides need to quit the blame until this is over. Then we can analyze. What could we have been done better? What can we improve on for next time? I have been thinking a good bit on this. The political blame game reminds me of Benghazi. Instead of focusing on preventing future situations like it, politicals focused on partisan blame.

And for every Leftist blaming Trump there are Rightists blaming Dems and even Obama.

I make no secret about disliking Trump and his policies, but this time, for the first time in his presidency, he is faced with a crisis not of his own making. I think it’s comparable to 9/11 and will be a defining moment for his presidency. The combination of a worldwide pandemic and a worldwide recession is not something we’ve experienced in living memory. And the world is vastly different now than the when the Spanish flu hit.

No one person or agency or country is responsible for this. It is not a red state or blue state issue. No one is wanting the economy to crash or people to die.

Today’s reality is that new contagious virus‘ usually have already traveled far and wide before anyone even realizes what has happened. I just saw an article that stated it might have been in California as early as December.

So...quit blaming Trump, the Dems, China, WHO etc. No one could have fully anticipated this reality.

I do think Trump is doing his best and now takes it seriously, but I think the tools he has - his personality and management style make it difficult, because almost all of this is out of his control.

So, I will support his efforts to bring us through this, and likewise that of Pelosi, to ensure no one is left out. Let there be no forgotten man.

As soon as Donald takes TESTING seriously and stops hyping unproven drugs. As soon as he listens to REAL doctors and scientists and stops listening to Giuliani, Ingraham, Navarro and Doctor "Quack" Oz instead of the experts. As soon as he stops blaming everybody in the universe for his lame initial response and takes a bit of personal responsibility and shows a little actual LEADERSHIP - - - THEN I'll believe he's taking the problem seriously.

I think he is out of his depth here and doing the best he can. Until this is over, I don’t think we can fairly analyze it (and no, I don’t like the constant need to cast blame as opposed to just carry on, but it is who he is). And keep in mind, he is getting blamed unfairly as well.
Why can’t we all blame China?

It is convenient, but inaccurate. China screwed up and mislead, but I do not believe that would have changed the spread of something so contagious and asymptotic in it’s early stages or when people only have a mild case.
Maybe but if they contained it in Wuhan and told the rest of the world how contagious it was we would have had a 2 month head start on remedies, research, lockdowns and travel bans.

Possibly, but I am not sure they knew exactly what they were dealing with in those early days and more than likely it was already outside of Wuhan by the time they did. Keep in mind, the majority of people who get it, only get a mild case, like a flu or a cold. That said they could have been more cooperative earlier.

What would have helped is if trump had not reduced the United States CDC department in China from around 50 to 14.

Those people were put there to do exactly what wasn't done. Work with China to identify the virus, contain the virus and stop it. Report honestly to the rest of the world what is happening and work with the rest of the world on the problem.

We had that put in place but trump tore it apart.

We also had a pandemic department in the CDC here. Their only job was to prevent what is happening now.

We also had what Susan Rice called "Pandemic Response For Dummies" manual left for trump on what to do in case this happened.

Notice I said had. Past tense. trump fired that pandemic department and has totally ignored the plans to deal with this situation.

No trump isn't responsible for creating that virus and unleashing it on the world.

trump is responsible for his response, his lies, removing the people who are experts on this problem and not using the plan left for him to deal with this problem. Even though Obama and his team briefed trump and his team on all of it.

People are angry with China lying. So am I. But I'm not a hypocrite. I'm angry with trump for lying too. On top of all he has done to make this so much worse than it should have been.

MK,
You will not that Leftists will avoid this like the plague. Truth hurts them deeply.
Both sides need to quit the blame until this is over. Then we can analyze. What could we have been done better? What can we improve on for next time? I have been thinking a good bit on this. The political blame game reminds me of Benghazi. Instead of focusing on preventing future situations like it, politicals focused on partisan blame.

And for every Leftist blaming Trump there are Rightists blaming Dems and even Obama.

I make no secret about disliking Trump and his policies, but this time, for the first time in his presidency, he is faced with a crisis not of his own making. I think it’s comparable to 9/11 and will be a defining moment for his presidency. The combination of a worldwide pandemic and a worldwide recession is not something we’ve experienced in living memory. And the world is vastly different now than the when the Spanish flu hit.

No one person or agency or country is responsible for this. It is not a red state or blue state issue. No one is wanting the economy to crash or people to die.

Today’s reality is that new contagious virus‘ usually have already traveled far and wide before anyone even realizes what has happened. I just saw an article that stated it might have been in California as early as December.

So...quit blaming Trump, the Dems, China, WHO etc. No one could have fully anticipated this reality.

I do think Trump is doing his best and now takes it seriously, but I think the tools he has - his personality and management style make it difficult, because almost all of this is out of his control.

So, I will support his efforts to bring us through this, and likewise that of Pelosi, to ensure no one is left out. Let there be no forgotten man.

As soon as Donald takes TESTING seriously and stops hyping unproven drugs. As soon as he listens to REAL doctors and scientists and stops listening to Giuliani, Ingraham, Navarro and Doctor "Quack" Oz instead of the experts. As soon as he stops blaming everybody in the universe for his lame initial response and takes a bit of personal responsibility and shows a little actual LEADERSHIP - - - THEN I'll believe he's taking the problem seriously.

I think he is out of his depth here and doing the best he can. Until this is over, I don’t think we can fairly analyze it (and no, I don’t like the constant need to cast blame as opposed to just carry on, but it is who he is). And keep in mind, he is getting blamed unfairly as well.

It is convenient, but inaccurate. China screwed up and mislead, but I do not believe that would have changed the spread of something so contagious and asymptotic in it’s early stages or when people only have a mild case.
Maybe but if they contained it in Wuhan and told the rest of the world how contagious it was we would have had a 2 month head start on remedies, research, lockdowns and travel bans.

Possibly, but I am not sure they knew exactly what they were dealing with in those early days and more than likely it was already outside of Wuhan by the time they did. Keep in mind, the majority of people who get it, only get a mild case, like a flu or a cold. That said they could have been more cooperative earlier.

What would have helped is if trump had not reduced the United States CDC department in China from around 50 to 14.

Those people were put there to do exactly what wasn't done. Work with China to identify the virus, contain the virus and stop it. Report honestly to the rest of the world what is happening and work with the rest of the world on the problem.

We also had a pandemic department in the CDC here. Their only job was to prevent what is happening now.

We also had what Susan Rice called "Pandemic Response For Dummies" manual left for trump on what to do in case this happened.

Notice I said had. Past tense. trump fired that pandemic department and has totally ignored the plans to deal with this situation.

No trump isn't responsible for creating that virus and unleashing it on the world.

trump is responsible for his response, his lies, removing the people who are experts on this problem and not using the plan left for him to deal with this problem. Even though Obama and his team briefed trump and his team on all of it.

People are angry with China lying. So am I. But I'm not a hypocrite. I'm angry with trump for lying too. On top of all he has done to make this so much worse than it should have been.
You are hopeless

MK,

Yep, our friend Azog isn't gonna get away with blaming the entire thing on China.

MK,

Yep, our friend Azog isn't gonna get away with blaming the entire thing on China.
If China didn’t start this then Europe and the US would not have this shit show to deal with. Yes or no?

Stop blaming only Trump. Look in the mirror and I got this damn virus (cured and immune now). It sucked but I have has worse. Especially you Leftists, watch and then shut your damn mouths. The NYC Health Commissioner on Feb 6th said the risk of the disease in NYC is low and preparedness is high. So you want Trump to play doctor here but not play doctor now? Which is it? You people are a damn scourge.

No way. Is this Trump supporters next desperate attempt to deflect blame for their savior's inaction? If so, this is a new low and that downplayed the virus. makes me think that the average Trump supporter is beyond any reason.

The efforts of Trump, Mulvaney, McCarthy, and the rightwing message machine to blame the media for stoking panic didn't weather well. Now they're picking cherries to provide cover for Trump downplaying the virus.

Did you miss the OP, Jose? WE ALL downplayed the virus. Including you. Did you not click on the links?

I did click on the links, but even had I not, I would have known from the Navarro memo and the Red Dawn email chain that they couldn't show 'We all' downplayed it. The tightly edited snippets linked eliminate any mention of sources or context for their info. Local television stations had nothing comparable to the information available to government officials in January and early February.

There was a person in position to access all the information available at the time, and he downplayed it. Deflecting to Morning Joe doesn't make that any better.

Stop blaming only Trump. Look in the mirror and I got this damn virus (cured and immune now). It sucked but I have has worse. Especially you Leftists, watch and then shut your damn mouths. The NYC Health Commissioner on Feb 6th said the risk of the disease in NYC is low and preparedness is high. So you want Trump to play doctor here but not play doctor now? Which is it? You people are a damn scourge.

3354458E-B2D0-4CEE-8E01-3BFB35E0A1A6.jpeg

he only missed by 600,000.

Do you think the predictions of zero cases and a miracle was irresponsible?

MK,

If China didn’t start this then Europe and the US would not have this shit show to deal with. Yes or no?

Doesn't particularly matter where a virus originates or how great the response is (China's internal response was WAY better then ours BTW) They ALWAYS make it out of the country. Did you blame Kansas pig farmers for the Spanish Flu?

No way. Is this Trump supporters next desperate attempt to deflect blame for their savior's inaction? If so, this is a new low and that downplayed the virus. makes me think that the average Trump supporter is beyond any reason.

The efforts of Trump, Mulvaney, McCarthy, and the rightwing message machine to blame the media for stoking panic didn't weather well. Now they're picking cherries to provide cover for Trump downplaying the virus.

Did you miss the OP, Jose? WE ALL downplayed the virus. Including you. Did you not click on the links?

I did click on the links, but even had I not, I would have known from the Navarro memo and the Red Dawn email chain that they couldn't show 'We all' downplayed it. The tightly edited snippets linked eliminate any mention of sources or context for their info. Local television stations had nothing comparable to the information available to government officials in January and early February.

There was a person in position to access all the information available at the time, and he downplayed it. Deflecting to Morning Joe doesn't make that any better.

It was not only morning Joe so you didn’t click the links. Show me one of your posts where you said we should shut down the country and cancel the NFL playoffs

MK,

China had absolutely nothing to do with the response to the virus here in America.

That is all on trump.

Even now, the trump supporters are making the same bad choices. They aren't choosing to comply with the lockdowns. They insist on having large gatherings at their churches. Even though they can worship with their church on line or other ways without putting anyone's life at risk and without spreading the virus more.

They point fingers of blame because they know who is honestly to blame for the response to this virus and how it's been totally bungled.

They will never honestly admit what a total mess up this has become, how it got this bad and who is responsible for the mess we're in now.

They voted for a totally incompetent narcissist who has no skills in running an animal shelter much less a nation.

MK,

China had absolutely nothing to do with the response to the virus here in America.

That is all on trump.

Even now, the trump supporters making the same bad choices. They aren't choosing to comply with the lockdowns. They insist on having large gatherings at their churches. Even though they can worship with their church on line or other ways without putting anyone's life at risk and without spreading the virus more.

They point fingers of blame because they know who is honestly to blame for the response to this virus and how it's been totally bungled.

They will never honestly admit what a total mess up this has become, how it got this bad and who is responsible for the mess we're in now.

They voted for a totally incompetent narcissist who has no skills in running an animal shelter much less a nation.
Bullshit. Can we please ban this lunatic from this thread? If China was honest day 1 we would have shut the country down on Feb 1

MK,

That is all on trump.

Even now, the trump supporters are making the same bad choices. They aren't choosing to comply with the lockdowns. They insist on having large gatherings at their churches. Even though they can worship with their church on line or other ways without putting anyone's life at risk and without spreading the virus more.

If the Dithering Dotard hadn't been handed half a billion in today's dollars from Daddy Fred, he'd be pumping gas in Poughkeepsie.

MK,

That is all on trump.

If the Dithering Dotard hadn't been handed half a billion in today's dollars from Daddy Fred, he'd be pumping gas in Poughkeepsie.
Maybe but if the virus is reported accurately by China and they are still lying btw then we have a lot fewer deaths

MK,

That is all on trump.

Maybe but if the virus is reported accurately by China and they are still lying btw then we have a lot fewer deaths

Okay, I won't argue with that. I'm not pleased with China. But at some point you're gonna have to admit that Donald's 70+ days of Dithering and Downplaying created more death as well.

MK,

That is all on trump.

Okay, I won't argue with that. I'm not pleased with China. But at some point you're gonna have to admit that Donald's 70+ days of Dithering and Downplaying created more death as well.
But when China lies he downplays it. Several here still believe it is overblown. Biggest issue is that we no longer trust the media

My complaint is not that "China lied" about Covid-19. There is lots of recognition of local cover-ups and errors (even in public media in China). Of course there was confusion, delay, and lack of transparency by central authorities before the hard decisions were made to shut down Wuhan and much of the economy just before the Lunar New Year travel holiday (Jan.24). These "lies," or whatever you want to call them, are undoubted.

But what bugs me most is that XiJinping is trying to use the crisis to make himself out as the indispensable "Great Leader," while he arrests dissidents. Most of these dissidents point out correctly that his policies were responsable for the local bureaucratic repression and criminal negligence that sabotaged epidemic health and reporting procedures previously established in Wuhan.

There are dissident factions and voices both inside and outside the CP which have been silenced. Xi seems to be taking the party back to the bad old days. Destroying the separation between government and party, destroying the independence of health institutions, the judiciary, strengthening censorship and repression -- all this will only guarantee future disaster for China and the world.

XiJinping may not have "downplayed this virus," but he is certainly not taking responsibility for his own role in destroying the freedom and initiative in society that might have earlier revealed it.

Last edited:

That's a lie. No we didn't, because we weren't privy to the same information Trump had. He is 100% to blame for this, and his jerk off responses for the last three months proves it.

Okay, I won't argue with that. I'm not pleased with China.

Please list the reasons for your displeasure. And be specific, please.

I have many times. The wet markets should have been shuttered years ago even though the origin of this monster is still uncertain. And they were less than transparent and truthful about their early experience with C19. Lots of other reasons I'm not happy with China. Their human rights record is abysmal.

• Thanks
Reactions: BWK

Forum List

Back