We all downplayed this Virus

Ah, the venerable South China Morning Post (Hongkong, formerly Murdoch, nowadays Alibaba-owned), reporting on a closure no one else seems to have noticed (I couldn't find another report), but trying to sell their $400, 60-page, "AI Report" to me. Trying to suppress the publication of the genome after they've already published the fact that the novel coronavirus was raging through Wuhan, would be a benighted move. That doesn't mean it hasn't happened - eff-ups in a country the size of China happen more likely every second than every minute - but...

Anyway, the article does not say what you claimed, that is, the genome was published "without the Chinese government’s approval". Admittedly, I resent the implication you raised, and the play on easily stirred-up resentments and beliefs in the worst about others.

Ah, the venerable South China Morning Post (Hongkong, formerly Murdoch, nowadays Alibaba-owned), reporting on a closure no one else seems to have noticed (I couldn't find another report), but trying to sell their $400, 60-page, "AI Report" to me. Trying to suppress the publication of the genome after they've already published the fact that the novel coronavirus was raging through Wuhan, would be a benighted move. That doesn't mean it hasn't happened - eff-ups in a country the size of China happen more likely every second than every minute - but...

Anyway, the article does not say what you claimed, that is, the genome was published "without the Chinese government’s approval". Admittedly, I resent the implication you raised, and the play on easily stirred-up resentments and beliefs in the worst about others.

it’s not the China disapproved. The lab didn’t wait for the Chinese government’s approval to publish and did so on their own volition

it’s not the China disapproved. The lab didn’t wait for the Chinese government’s approval to publish and did so on their own volition

So you keep saying. And then you keep failing to demonstrate that is what happened, and neither that the Chinese government’s approval was required. For if it wasn't, your claim is pointless.

So you keep saying. And then you keep failing to demonstrate that is what happened, and neither that the Chinese government’s approval was required. For if it wasn't, your claim is pointless.

Whatever, everybody understands the Chinese government would have suppressed the information

You act like China has been dealing with the world in good faith since they knew about the virus

Stop blaming only Trump. Look in the mirror and I got this damn virus (cured and immune now). It sucked but I have has worse. Especially you Leftists, watch and then shut your damn mouths. The NYC Health Commissioner on Feb 6th said the risk of the disease in NYC is low and preparedness is high. So you want Trump to play doctor here but not play doctor now? Which is it? You people are a damn scourge.

Bull Fucking Shit

I was taking precautions in early January. You couldn't find an N95 mask by mid january.

Trump was downplaying it in March. Quit lying to protect Trump.

Democrasts were concerned & your fat asssed orange piece of shit called their concern a hoax. Fuck you & your bullshit lying.

Think about the phrase coined by a high profile democrat, "never let a crisis go to waste", and you realize that the democrat party (together with the mainstream media) has managed to turn a health issue into a political cause. Democrats fought against shutting down transportation in and out of China as early as January and the democrat governor of NY called citizens "racist" as late as March if they expressed fear about the virus and yet the mainstream media and the democrat party tries desperately to blame the President. It's an election year and the best the democrats can hope for is keeping the U.S. in chaos in order to make a brain damaged candidate look good.

Ignored ? Two 87 year olds died the first week or two and one asshole CR" star" had to go to JewYakk for a "show" He showed.... back home and died a few days ago @ 45 y.o.. 3 total now.67 cleared as of 1 AM. under 440 ongoing(depends where the data comes from)
I "think" NZ is still 1 death. @ 1300 or so cases.500 or so "cleared". Don't group a corporatacracy as "everyone"

You will not that Leftists will avoid this like the plague. Truth hurts them deeply.
Both sides need to quit the blame until this is over. Then we can analyze. What could we have been done better? What can we improve on for next time? I have been thinking a good bit on this. The political blame game reminds me of Benghazi. Instead of focusing on preventing future situations like it, politicals focused on partisan blame.

And for every Leftist blaming Trump there are Rightists blaming Dems and even Obama.

I make no secret about disliking Trump and his policies, but this time, for the first time in his presidency, he is faced with a crisis not of his own making. I think it’s comparable to 9/11 and will be a defining moment for his presidency. The combination of a worldwide pandemic and a worldwide recession is not something we’ve experienced in living memory. And the world is vastly different now than the when the Spanish flu hit.

No one person or agency or country is responsible for this. It is not a red state or blue state issue. No one is wanting the economy to crash or people to die.

Today’s reality is that new contagious virus‘ usually have already traveled far and wide before anyone even realizes what has happened. I just saw an article that stated it might have been in California as early as December.

So...quit blaming Trump, the Dems, China, WHO etc. No one could have fully anticipated this reality.

I do think Trump is doing his best and now takes it seriously, but I think the tools he has - his personality and management style make it difficult, because almost all of this is out of his control.

So, I will support his efforts to bring us through this, and likewise that of Pelosi, to ensure no one is left out. Let there be no forgotten man.

As soon as Donald takes TESTING seriously and stops hyping unproven drugs. As soon as he listens to REAL doctors and scientists and stops listening to Giuliani, Ingraham, Navarro and Doctor "Quack" Oz instead of the experts. As soon as he stops blaming everybody in the universe for his lame initial response and takes a bit of personal responsibility and shows a little actual LEADERSHIP - - - THEN I'll believe he's taking the problem seriously.

I think he is out of his depth here and doing the best he can. Until this is over, I don’t think we can fairly analyze it (and no, I don’t like the constant need to cast blame as opposed to just carry on, but it is who he is). And keep in mind, he is getting blamed unfairly as well.
Why can’t we all blame China?

We can and we do blame China for failure to be forthcoming. Blame the entire thing on China? Please!
If they were forthcoming there would not be anything else to blame them for.

True. So you can blame them for their lack of transparency. Bit not the pandemic. I think doing that feeds into our need to find a scapegoat. Sometimes there just isn’t one. Just like Trump isn’t to blame for it. Crap happens.

And, other than winning or losing elections, what does blaming accomplish? Better to focus on individual acts, policies, procedures...learn what to do differently for the next time. We are all in this mess together.
That is what I blame them for. Lack of transparency or to simplify, blatant lies. They are lying about the deaths in China to this day.
China keeps bad things on the down low. Always have. Like mining deaths, earthquake deaths, etc. The Govt. does this to their own. Order and control of the people. Ring a bell?
That is true but when it impacts the rest of the world they are obliged to inform other countries. They didn’t and now people are dying. There will be hell to pay. I am never letting them off the hook.

Your Donald got the warning before he took office. Then he IGNORED his own intel, his own war games, dithered and downplayed for 70+ days. It would have gotten here anyway. We live on a planet, NOT in a vacuum. Blaming the whole thing on the Chinese is simplistic and you know better!
Hmmmm....saw many debates of the Democrats. Saw many investigations into Trump. Saw an impeachment. Not once did I see a Democrat run on a pandemic response. If anything they ran on more inclusion and the environment and globalism. Spare me that intel was ignored. If this were truly a threat then Democrats would have ran on it during the primaries. Yet not one did. How do you explain that?

Dems were not privy to the intel Donnie had in November.
So only one person had that intel? Would you mind sending that link please?

Not one person - But congress was not involved. Navarro warned him as well. Donnie dismissed it out of hand of course, because he cares more about the market than he does the health of the American people. And as we know, he doesn't read his daily briefings. Too busy tweeting and watching Fox-n-Friends. Sad

As far back as late November, U.S. intelligence officials were warning that a contagion was sweeping through China’s Wuhan region, changing the patterns of life and business and posing a threat to the population, according to four sources briefed on the secret reporting.​
Concerns about what is now known to be the novel coronavirus pandemic were detailed in a November intelligence report by the military's National Center for Medical Intelligence (NCMI), according to two officials familiar with the document’s contents.​
The report was the result of analysis of wire and computer intercepts, coupled with satellite images. It raised alarms because an out-of-control disease would pose a serious threat to U.S. forces in Asia -- forces that depend on the NCMI’s work. And it paints a picture of an American government that could have ramped up mitigation and containment efforts far earlier to prepare for a crisis poised to come home.​
"Analysts concluded it could be a cataclysmic event," one of the sources said of the NCMI’s report. "It was then briefed multiple times to" the Defense Intelligence Agency, the Pentagon’s Joint Staff and the White House.

Stop blaming only Trump. Look in the mirror and I got this damn virus (cured and immune now). It sucked but I have has worse. Especially you Leftists, watch and then shut your damn mouths. The NYC Health Commissioner on Feb 6th said the risk of the disease in NYC is low and preparedness is high. So you want Trump to play doctor here but not play doctor now? Which is it? You people are a damn scourge.

No way. Is this Trump supporters next desperate attempt to deflect blame for their savior's inaction? If so, this is a new low and that makes me think that the average Trump supporter is beyond any reason.

Just now?

I knew the average trump supporter was beyond reason in 2015.

I watched the same people behave the same way with the bush boy, bush the first and reagan. I see them act that way with every politician who is a republican.

These people have never been able to even comprehend what reason even means.

These are the dregs of our society. They didn't do very well in school and thus didn't do very well in life. They blame everyone for their failures except those who are actually responsible.

Themselves.

You will not that Leftists will avoid this like the plague. Truth hurts them deeply.
Both sides need to quit the blame until this is over. Then we can analyze. What could we have been done better? What can we improve on for next time? I have been thinking a good bit on this. The political blame game reminds me of Benghazi. Instead of focusing on preventing future situations like it, politicals focused on partisan blame.

And for every Leftist blaming Trump there are Rightists blaming Dems and even Obama.

I make no secret about disliking Trump and his policies, but this time, for the first time in his presidency, he is faced with a crisis not of his own making. I think it’s comparable to 9/11 and will be a defining moment for his presidency. The combination of a worldwide pandemic and a worldwide recession is not something we’ve experienced in living memory. And the world is vastly different now than the when the Spanish flu hit.

No one person or agency or country is responsible for this. It is not a red state or blue state issue. No one is wanting the economy to crash or people to die.

Today’s reality is that new contagious virus‘ usually have already traveled far and wide before anyone even realizes what has happened. I just saw an article that stated it might have been in California as early as December.

So...quit blaming Trump, the Dems, China, WHO etc. No one could have fully anticipated this reality.

I do think Trump is doing his best and now takes it seriously, but I think the tools he has - his personality and management style make it difficult, because almost all of this is out of his control.

So, I will support his efforts to bring us through this, and likewise that of Pelosi, to ensure no one is left out. Let there be no forgotten man.

As soon as Donald takes TESTING seriously and stops hyping unproven drugs. As soon as he listens to REAL doctors and scientists and stops listening to Giuliani, Ingraham, Navarro and Doctor "Quack" Oz instead of the experts. As soon as he stops blaming everybody in the universe for his lame initial response and takes a bit of personal responsibility and shows a little actual LEADERSHIP - - - THEN I'll believe he's taking the problem seriously.

I think he is out of his depth here and doing the best he can. Until this is over, I don’t think we can fairly analyze it (and no, I don’t like the constant need to cast blame as opposed to just carry on, but it is who he is). And keep in mind, he is getting blamed unfairly as well.

I don't know of anyone who is blaming the virus on trump.

trump didn't create this virus. trump didn't unleash it on the world.

trump did spend two and a half months ignoring the virus, saying it was the new Democrat hoax, saying it would go away by itself in April and a very long list of things that we all heard. Along with a lot of lies about it.

What he didn't do was take the necessary steps at the proper time. He's still not taking the proper steps to combat this.

He is responsible for the response to the virus.

Which in my opinion, his response is to totally blunder the whole thing.

He was warned. Many times. Instead he attacked those who were trying to warn him and our nation.

All of that is on his shoulders.

Yes the virus would have come here no matter what. If we had proper response to it in the proper time, we wouldn't be where we are now.

This is a good point and if we're honest with ourselves, I think most of us did that. It's human nature in fact, at least in my experience. I distinctly remember hearing that Japan had closed schools for an entire month and thinking "wow, that's so extreme. How would I ever cope with that? That's terrible. I'm so glad that would never happen here."

Seriously.

Now here I sit, school has been closed for a month and will be closed through the beginning of June--the rest of the school year. I still tear up when I think of it. I'm tearing up NOW.

Dunderheaded liberals act like there's no digital trail of what everyone was saying in Jan/Feb. Well, there was.

Patience is a virtue but this disease is a middle class killer. Very difficult to recover from. Will take a decade.

What did we downplay ?

Seriously ?

We have 160,00 people a year die from lung cancer. Most of those related to smoking.

This virus will kill the very elderly and the very young.

The rest of us in between are not at risk (and spare me the bullshit one-off of someone who died....nothing is perfect).

But, I don't believe we downplayed it.

I believe we overreacted.

We downplayed it. All the sports leagues shut down, schools closed, Olympics cancelled. It is highly contagious and it lasts a long time —- 2 weeks. If we didn’t shut down, our healthcare system would be significantly burdened or may have collapsed. We were unprepared as a country for such a malaise because no one has seen something like this for 100 yrs. This is China’s fault and we will be better prepared next time.

No way. Is this Trump supporters next desperate attempt to deflect blame for their savior's inaction? If so, this is a new low and that makes me think that the average Trump supporter is beyond any reason.

The efforts of Trump, Mulvaney, McCarthy, and the rightwing message machine to blame the media for stoking panic didn't weather well. Now they're picking cherries to provide cover for Trump downplaying the virus.

Did you miss the OP, Jose? WE ALL downplayed the virus. Including you. Did you not click on the links?

What did we downplay ?

Seriously ?

We have 160,00 people a year die from lung cancer. Most of those related to smoking.

The rest of us in between are not at risk (and spare me the bullshit one-off of someone who died....nothing is perfect).

We downplayed it. All the sports leagues shut down, schools closed, Olympics cancelled. It is highly contagious and it lasts a long time —- 2 weeks. If we didn’t shut down, our healthcare system would be significantly burdened or may have collapsed. We were unprepared as a country for such a malaise because no one has seen something like this for 100 yrs. This is China’s fault and we will be better prepared next time.

Sorry...can't agree......

I know you got sick, that is not unique to the virus.

And many places are not shut down.

Bull Fucking Shit

I was taking precautions in early January. You couldn't find an N95 mask by mid january.

Trump was downplaying it in March. Quit lying to protect Trump.

Democrasts were concerned & your fat asssed orange piece of shit called their concern a hoax. Fuck you & your bullshit lying.

Why were you taking precautions so early when the first death in the US was not until late February? Please explain. So you thought we should cancel the NFL playoffs? Please find your post and link that.
Thanks

I don't know of anyone who is blaming the virus on trump.

trump didn't create this virus. trump didn't unleash it on the world.

trump did spend two and a half months ignoring the virus, saying it was the new Democrat hoax, saying it would go away by itself in April and a very long list of things that we all heard. Along with a lot of lies about it.

What he didn't do was take the necessary steps at the proper time. He's still not taking the proper steps to combat this.

He is responsible for the response to the virus.

Which in my opinion, his response is to totally blunder the whole thing.

He was warned. Many times. Instead he attacked those who were trying to warn him and our nation.

All of that is on his shoulders.

Yes the virus would have come here no matter what. If we had proper response to it in the proper time, we wouldn't be where we are now.
If China was honest from day 1 the global death rate would be significantly lower.

What did we downplay ?

Seriously ?

Yeah, I am fine. People are actually accusing
Me of lying. Sadly. But not sure if my parents or my wife’s mom would have survived? Many are dying too. The issue is the disease is super contagious and lasts a long time. It would have slammed our hospitals. When I went in for my blood test the phlebotomist told me that the hospital was only working on COVID cases and nothing else that is not a dire emergency. So colonoscopies, knee injuries, etc. were all postponed indefinitely.

It is the lack of sufficient medical response that caused us to shut down. Not every state is the same. Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, huge states with widespread populations will contain it better but Boston is a ghost town.

What did we downplay ?

Seriously ?

Me of lying. Sadly. But not sure if my parents or my wife’s mom would have survived? Many are dying too. The issue is the disease is super contagious and lasts a long time. It would have slammed our hospitals. When I went in for my blood test the phlebotomist told me that the hospital was only working on COVID cases and nothing else that is not a dire emergency. So colonoscopies, knee injuries, etc. were all postponed indefinitely.

It is the lack of sufficient medical response that caused us to shut down. Not every state is the same. Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, huge states with widespread populations will contain it better but Boston is a ghost town.

I'll go with that.

And that is the risk of living in a huge population center. It always has been.

The east coast is taking a beating.

And they should have reacted faster and harder than they did.

New York waits until April 1 to shut down public playgrounds ?????

But there is not need to shut them down in Washington County Utah....so they have not.

If cases start to increase....they'll need to respond.

What did we downplay ?

Seriously ?

I'll go with that.

And that is the risk of living in a huge population center. It always has been.

The east coast is taking a beating.

And they should have reacted faster and harder than they did.

New York waits until April 1 to shut down public playgrounds ?????

But there is not need to shut them down in Washington County Utah....so they have not.

If cases start to increase....they'll need to respond.

Hence Trump is correct. Every Governor should do what is best for their respected state.

Forum List

Back