We all downplayed this Virus

This virus has brought out the stupid in people that is for sure.
BOTH SIDES.
Right now there are people still trying to say it is no worse than a regular flu. Regardless that it has killed more people than H1N1 in one month. One damn month.
Trump has done a great job with the tools he had. Thank God we didn't have some ninny string puppet in charge that would have resulted in a massive-massive death count.
For what 1 month and 1/2 he told the US citizens nothing to worry about. Jesus he didn't stop EU countries from travel to the US till 3-11 and then didn't stop the UK.

Did you click the links I posted, you evil witch? First death in the US was Feb 28th. But we should have closed the country in January? Idiot.
First, I believe the virus was already well established here at that time.

Second, when he TRIED to do something within his Constiturional powers, he was attacked relentlessly by those who now say he didnt act fast enough. I have no use for these people!
You have no use for these people, because their truth does not align with Trumps failures.

Okay, I won't argue with that. I'm not pleased with China.

Please list the reasons for your displeasure. And be specific, please.

I have many times. The wet markets should have been shuttered years ago even though the origin of this monster is still uncertain. And they were less than transparent and truthful about their early experience with C19. Lots of other reasons I'm not happy with China. Their human rights record is abysmal.
China sucks on so many levels. Especially that.

MK,
You will not that Leftists will avoid this like the plague. Truth hurts them deeply.
Both sides need to quit the blame until this is over. Then we can analyze. What could we have been done better? What can we improve on for next time? I have been thinking a good bit on this. The political blame game reminds me of Benghazi. Instead of focusing on preventing future situations like it, politicals focused on partisan blame.

And for every Leftist blaming Trump there are Rightists blaming Dems and even Obama.

I make no secret about disliking Trump and his policies, but this time, for the first time in his presidency, he is faced with a crisis not of his own making. I think it’s comparable to 9/11 and will be a defining moment for his presidency. The combination of a worldwide pandemic and a worldwide recession is not something we’ve experienced in living memory. And the world is vastly different now than the when the Spanish flu hit.

No one person or agency or country is responsible for this. It is not a red state or blue state issue. No one is wanting the economy to crash or people to die.

Today’s reality is that new contagious virus‘ usually have already traveled far and wide before anyone even realizes what has happened. I just saw an article that stated it might have been in California as early as December.

So...quit blaming Trump, the Dems, China, WHO etc. No one could have fully anticipated this reality.

I do think Trump is doing his best and now takes it seriously, but I think the tools he has - his personality and management style make it difficult, because almost all of this is out of his control.

So, I will support his efforts to bring us through this, and likewise that of Pelosi, to ensure no one is left out. Let there be no forgotten man.

As soon as Donald takes TESTING seriously and stops hyping unproven drugs. As soon as he listens to REAL doctors and scientists and stops listening to Giuliani, Ingraham, Navarro and Doctor "Quack" Oz instead of the experts. As soon as he stops blaming everybody in the universe for his lame initial response and takes a bit of personal responsibility and shows a little actual LEADERSHIP - - - THEN I'll believe he's taking the problem seriously.

I think he is out of his depth here and doing the best he can. Until this is over, I don’t think we can fairly analyze it (and no, I don’t like the constant need to cast blame as opposed to just carry on, but it is who he is). And keep in mind, he is getting blamed unfairly as well.
Why can’t we all blame China?

It is convenient, but inaccurate. China screwed up and mislead, but I do not believe that would have changed the spread of something so contagious and asymptotic in it’s early stages or when people only have a mild case.
Maybe but if they contained it in Wuhan and told the rest of the world how contagious it was we would have had a 2 month head start on remedies, research, lockdowns and travel bans.

Possibly, but I am not sure they knew exactly what they were dealing with in those early days and more than likely it was already outside of Wuhan by the time they did. Keep in mind, the majority of people who get it, only get a mild case, like a flu or a cold. That said they could have been more cooperative earlier.

What would have helped is if trump had not reduced the United States CDC department in China from around 50 to 14.

Those people were put there to do exactly what wasn't done. Work with China to identify the virus, contain the virus and stop it. Report honestly to the rest of the world what is happening and work with the rest of the world on the problem.

We had that put in place but trump tore it apart.

We also had a pandemic department in the CDC here. Their only job was to prevent what is happening now.

We also had what Susan Rice called "Pandemic Response For Dummies" manual left for trump on what to do in case this happened.

Notice I said had. Past tense. trump fired that pandemic department and has totally ignored the plans to deal with this situation.

No trump isn't responsible for creating that virus and unleashing it on the world.

trump is responsible for his response, his lies, removing the people who are experts on this problem and not using the plan left for him to deal with this problem. Even though Obama and his team briefed trump and his team on all of it.

People are angry with China lying. So am I. But I'm not a hypocrite. I'm angry with trump for lying too. On top of all he has done to make this so much worse than it should have been.
You are hopeless
No, he is being truthful. Something you cannot work around.

XiJinping may not have "downplayed this virus," but he is certainly not taking responsibility for his own role in destroying the freedom and initiative in society that might have earlier revealed it.

Really? Shortly after Christmas they had sequenced enough of the genome to know there's a new pathogen. On Dec. 30, they informed the WHO. How much earlier do you think the revelation would have been possible?

I am slightly miffed, I have to admit, for your posting seems to be following the familiar pattern of "XiJinping bad", therefore "everybody knows" he's responsible for everything that anyone vaguely feels went wrong. BTW, "dissidents", by definition, have an agenda of their own, and XiJinping is their most high-profile target. So, they also aren't to be taken at face value.

As we've discussed earlier, XiJinping installed, following the SARS debacle, the "failsafe" reporting system exactly so that the central government is immediately made aware of an outbreak so that their experts can step in at the earliest possible moment. I find it a bit hard to believe that he who installed it and sought to make it work is also the one responsible for thwarting it, even while others did it for their self-serving purposes. That doesn't mean XiJinping is flawless. However, I have yet to see a single piece of evidence demonstrating knowledge in Beijing that was not shared with the world in a timely manner.

Stop blaming only Trump. Look in the mirror and I got this damn virus (cured and immune now). It sucked but I have has worse. Especially you Leftists, watch and then shut your damn mouths. The NYC Health Commissioner on Feb 6th said the risk of the disease in NYC is low and preparedness is high. So you want Trump to play doctor here but not play doctor now? Which is it? You people are a damn scourge.

That's a lie. No we didn't, because we weren't privy to the same information Trump had. He is 100% to blame for this, and his jerk off responses for the last three months proves it.

"China did everything right" --- BWK

I have many times. The wet markets should have been shuttered years ago even though the origin of this monster is still uncertain. And they were less than transparent and truthful about their early experience with C19. Lots of other reasons I'm not happy with China. Their human rights record is abysmal.

Yep - The gulag thing is SO not cool. But there are things that China is doing right that we're a decade or two behind on. Good friend of mine married a Chinese gal and they go over there pretty often. He shared a bunch of pictures of their clean, modern airports and high speed train terminals. They've got a beautiful condo that is maintained to perfection which they bought pretty cheap. The Chinese are investing tens of billions in infrastructure. They are also light years ahead of us in solar and battery technology.

This virus has brought out the stupid in people that is for sure.
BOTH SIDES.
Right now there are people still trying to say it is no worse than a regular flu. Regardless that it has killed more people than H1N1 in one month. One damn month.
Trump has done a great job with the tools he had. Thank God we didn't have some ninny string puppet in charge that would have resulted in a massive-massive death count.
For what 1 month and 1/2 he told the US citizens nothing to worry about. Jesus he didn't stop EU countries from travel to the US till 3-11 and then didn't stop the UK.

Did you click the links I posted, you evil witch? First death in the US was Feb 28th. But we should have closed the country in January? Idiot.
First, I believe the virus was already well established here at that time.

Second, when he TRIED to do something within his Constiturional powers, he was attacked relentlessly by those who now say he didnt act fast enough. I have no use for these people!
You have no use for these people, because their truth does not align with Trumps failures.
:"China did everything right" --- BWK

MK,
You will not that Leftists will avoid this like the plague. Truth hurts them deeply.
Both sides need to quit the blame until this is over. Then we can analyze. What could we have been done better? What can we improve on for next time? I have been thinking a good bit on this. The political blame game reminds me of Benghazi. Instead of focusing on preventing future situations like it, politicals focused on partisan blame.

And for every Leftist blaming Trump there are Rightists blaming Dems and even Obama.

I make no secret about disliking Trump and his policies, but this time, for the first time in his presidency, he is faced with a crisis not of his own making. I think it’s comparable to 9/11 and will be a defining moment for his presidency. The combination of a worldwide pandemic and a worldwide recession is not something we’ve experienced in living memory. And the world is vastly different now than the when the Spanish flu hit.

No one person or agency or country is responsible for this. It is not a red state or blue state issue. No one is wanting the economy to crash or people to die.

Today’s reality is that new contagious virus‘ usually have already traveled far and wide before anyone even realizes what has happened. I just saw an article that stated it might have been in California as early as December.

So...quit blaming Trump, the Dems, China, WHO etc. No one could have fully anticipated this reality.

I do think Trump is doing his best and now takes it seriously, but I think the tools he has - his personality and management style make it difficult, because almost all of this is out of his control.

So, I will support his efforts to bring us through this, and likewise that of Pelosi, to ensure no one is left out. Let there be no forgotten man.

As soon as Donald takes TESTING seriously and stops hyping unproven drugs. As soon as he listens to REAL doctors and scientists and stops listening to Giuliani, Ingraham, Navarro and Doctor "Quack" Oz instead of the experts. As soon as he stops blaming everybody in the universe for his lame initial response and takes a bit of personal responsibility and shows a little actual LEADERSHIP - - - THEN I'll believe he's taking the problem seriously.

I think he is out of his depth here and doing the best he can. Until this is over, I don’t think we can fairly analyze it (and no, I don’t like the constant need to cast blame as opposed to just carry on, but it is who he is). And keep in mind, he is getting blamed unfairly as well.

It is convenient, but inaccurate. China screwed up and mislead, but I do not believe that would have changed the spread of something so contagious and asymptotic in it’s early stages or when people only have a mild case.
Maybe but if they contained it in Wuhan and told the rest of the world how contagious it was we would have had a 2 month head start on remedies, research, lockdowns and travel bans.

Possibly, but I am not sure they knew exactly what they were dealing with in those early days and more than likely it was already outside of Wuhan by the time they did. Keep in mind, the majority of people who get it, only get a mild case, like a flu or a cold. That said they could have been more cooperative earlier.

What would have helped is if trump had not reduced the United States CDC department in China from around 50 to 14.

Those people were put there to do exactly what wasn't done. Work with China to identify the virus, contain the virus and stop it. Report honestly to the rest of the world what is happening and work with the rest of the world on the problem.

We also had a pandemic department in the CDC here. Their only job was to prevent what is happening now.

We also had what Susan Rice called "Pandemic Response For Dummies" manual left for trump on what to do in case this happened.

Notice I said had. Past tense. trump fired that pandemic department and has totally ignored the plans to deal with this situation.

No trump isn't responsible for creating that virus and unleashing it on the world.

trump is responsible for his response, his lies, removing the people who are experts on this problem and not using the plan left for him to deal with this problem. Even though Obama and his team briefed trump and his team on all of it.

People are angry with China lying. So am I. But I'm not a hypocrite. I'm angry with trump for lying too. On top of all he has done to make this so much worse than it should have been.
You are hopeless

Do you deny stating this? Do it! Deny it! LIE!

Think about the phrase coined by a high profile democrat, "never let a crisis go to waste", and you realize that the democrat party (together with the mainstream media) has managed to turn a health issue into a political cause. Democrats fought against shutting down transportation in and out of China as early as January and the democrat governor of NY called citizens "racist" as late as March if they expressed fear about the virus and yet the mainstream media and the democrat party tries desperately to blame the President. It's an election year and the best the democrats can hope for is keeping the U.S. in chaos in order to make a brain damaged candidate look good.
Folks this is such a crock of shit right here.

Stop blaming only Trump. Look in the mirror and I got this damn virus (cured and immune now). It sucked but I have has worse. Especially you Leftists, watch and then shut your damn mouths. The NYC Health Commissioner on Feb 6th said the risk of the disease in NYC is low and preparedness is high. So you want Trump to play doctor here but not play doctor now? Which is it? You people are a damn scourge.

That's a lie. No we didn't, because we weren't privy to the same information Trump had. He is 100% to blame for this, and his jerk off responses for the last three months proves it.

"China did everything right" --- BWK

Did they? Who knew?

MK,

You are hopeless

EVERYTHING? Hell no. But their response was light years ahead of ours even though their methods were more Draconian than anything we could have done here. Their testing regimen was WAY better. They are pretty much back in business. Apple has even reopened several of their manufacturing facilities and retail stores.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: BWK
MK,

You are hopeless

Yes! You never finished the sentence, because you are a liar. Finish the sentence coward.

MK,

You are hopeless

EVERYTHING? Hell no. But their response was light years ahead of ours even though their methods were more Draconian than anything we could have done here. They are pretty much back in business. Apple has even reopened several of their manufacturing facilities and retail stores.
All this juvenile dumb ass can do, is put in half a sentence to mean something that the other part of the sentence doesn't. He's dishonest and he lies. You put in the key word this coward won't; "response."

Its as if the media and the swampy dems wanted this virus to spread....
How so? Trump called it a hoax in the beginning. The Dems never lied about it like Trump. So why should the Dems be accused of wanting it to spread when they took it serious? You aren't making any sense.

Same old bullshit. Donnie blames his own ineptitude on Dem governors and mayors he doesn't like. Then he punishes them. Even has the audacity to blame it on Obama. It's always somebody else's fault. He takes no responsibility whatsoever - - - EVER.

• Love
Reactions: BWK
Its as if the media and the swampy dems wanted this virus to spread....
How so? Trump called it a hoax in the beginning. The Dems never lied about it like Trump. So why should the Dems be accused of wanting it to spread when they took it serious? You aren't making any sense.

Same old bullshit. Donnie blames his own ineptitude on Dem governors and mayors he doesn't like. Then he punishes them. Even has the audacity to blame it on Obama. It's always somebody else's fault. He takes no responsibility whatsoever - - - EVER.

He acts like a dictator/baby man child/ narcissistic pig/ racist/ criminal/ coward who couldn't take responsibility for his three month hiatus from reality of a major pandemic that was heading our way, and this pos loser dropped the ball. And these corralled sheep are still apologizing for this worthless slime. Trump is good for nothing.

The wet markets should have been shuttered years ago even though the origin of this monster is still uncertain. And they were less than transparent and truthful about their early experience with C19.

Closing the wet markets leaves hundreds of millions of Chinese without supply of affordable food. Yeah, decreeing that would work well. How about we are all ordered to cease eating pork? After all, who needs the swine flu - or whatever jumps from pigs to humans next?

Got a link demonstrating China (Beijing) was "less than transparent and truthful about their early experience with C19"? For that seems to be all the rage in town, and "everybody knows it". It would appear to me, it's all, say, a bit light on evidence, but rich in "holier than thou" outrage and resentment.

I find it easy to understand that our good Trumpletons are on the China war path, because if China is more guilty, Trump is less. Why folks not thus afflicted increasingly start to buy that exact same crap I do not really understand, to be honest.

The wet markets should have been shuttered years ago even though the origin of this monster is still uncertain. And they were less than transparent and truthful about their early experience with C19.

Closing the wet markets leaves hundreds of millions of Chinese without supply of affordable food. Yeah, decreeing that would work well. How about we are all ordered to cease eating pork? After all, who needs the swine flu - or whatever jumps from pigs to humans next?

Got a link demonstrating China (Beijing) was "less than transparent and truthful about their early experience with C19"? For that seems to be all the rage in town, and "everybody knows it". It would appear to me, it's all, say, a bit light on evidence, but rich in "holier than thou" outrage and resentment.

I find it easy to understand that our good Trumpletons are on the China war path, because if China is more guilty, Trump is less. Why folks not thus afflicted increasingly start to buy that exact same crap I do not really understand, to be honest.

Here's one for starters

But your right - If China is more guilty, Trump is less. That's the way Donnie rolls - ALWAYS!

Yep - The gulag thing is SO not cool. But there are things that China is doing right that we're a decade or two behind on. Good friend of mine married a Chinese gal and they go over there pretty often. He shared a bunch of pictures of their clean, modern airports and high speed train terminals. They've got a beautiful condo that is maintained to perfection which they bought pretty cheap. The Chinese are investing tens of billions in infrastructure. They are also light years ahead of us in solar and battery technology.
No doubt about it. The high speed rail is impressive? It makes us look like we are still living in the nineteenth century with what we have today. And when one of these delayed reaction Trump humpers reads this, they'll automatically equate it to communist support.Lol! Their arguments are so damn stupid.

No way. Is this Trump supporters next desperate attempt to deflect blame for their savior's inaction? If so, this is a new low and that downplayed the virus. makes me think that the average Trump supporter is beyond any reason.

The efforts of Trump, Mulvaney, McCarthy, and the rightwing message machine to blame the media for stoking panic didn't weather well. Now they're picking cherries to provide cover for Trump downplaying the virus.

Did you miss the OP, Jose? WE ALL downplayed the virus. Including you. Did you not click on the links?

I did click on the links, but even had I not, I would have known from the Navarro memo and the Red Dawn email chain that they couldn't show 'We all' downplayed it. The tightly edited snippets linked eliminate any mention of sources or context for their info. Local television stations had nothing comparable to the information available to government officials in January and early February.

There was a person in position to access all the information available at the time, and he downplayed it. Deflecting to Morning Joe doesn't make that any better.

It was not only morning Joe so you didn’t click the links. Show me one of your posts where you said we should shut down the country and cancel the NFL playoffs

I didn't say it was only Morning Joe. Is leaping to erroneous conclusions your superpower?

If you don't know about the Navarro memo or the Red Dawn email chain, inform yourself. For extra credit, search for the times Trump and pals accused the media of fomenting panic for the purpose of harming Trump. It will make a joke of your thread.

Forum List

Back