We are three months into the Republican Congress.....Why haven't they accomplished anything yet?

kaz shows up, as usual, to run interference :blahblah: for repubs (rw'ers) but he a libertarian donchaknow :rolleyes-41:
I know right? Cats like him are always there with the MOST criticism for anything remotely Democratic or liberal, but yet never seem to have much to say in the way of criticism for the right outside of "well both sides..."

I can spot those fakes a mile away.

Good call.

Last edited:
Nowadays, saying you're a 'libertarian' is just another way of saying "I vote conservative Republican, but I'm embarrassed to say it right now. Maybe next year.."

Thanks, Rand Paul.

When democrats gained the majority in the Senate and the House midway into Bush's 2nd term what was the first thing on their agenda? Was it the economy or the war in Iraq? Nope, the democrat controlled senate took on McCarthy like hearings determined to uncover steroid use in baseball. When Barney Frank took over as the chairperson of the powerful "house banking committee" which had oversight responsibility for Fannie Mae he waited about a year and then pronounced Fannie to be in good shape when it was on the verge of collapse. Was Frank incompetent or did he plan for the collapse of Fannie Mae as the biggest October surprise in history?

Nowadays, saying you're a 'libertarian' is just another way of saying "I vote conservative Republican, but I'm embarrassed to say it right now. Maybe next year.."

Thanks, Rand Paul.

Modern libertarian means that I hate the public sector and wish to cut infrastructure, science and r&d to the bone. I don't give a damn about the quality of my food or rather I get a paid fairly.

They have done a lot!

Refused to raise min wage
Refused to become one of the last countries to give women paid maternity leave (we remain one of 4 countries to NOT have this)
Bitched and moaned about obamacare
Conspired with right wingers in Iran to derail peace talks

I am sure there is more.

Funny. I got paid maternity leave. 2 months to be exact.

They have done a lot!

Refused to become one of the last countries to give women paid maternity leave (we remain one of 4 countries to NOT have this)

I am sure there is more.

From your company right?

They have done a lot!

I am sure there is more.

From your company right?

Well ...I wouldn't exactly need it if I wasn't employed now would I?

as an aside .... You do realize that even Mcdonalds offers employees paid maternity leave... Yes? Up to twelve weeks to be exact.

This is a non issue.

When democrats gained the majority in the Senate and the House midway into Bush's 2nd term what was the first thing on their agenda? Was it the economy or the war in Iraq? Nope, the democrat controlled senate took on McCarthy like hearings determined to uncover steroid use in baseball. When Barney Frank took over as the chairperson of the powerful "house banking committee" which had oversight responsibility for Fannie Mae he waited about a year and then pronounced Fannie to be in good shape when it was on the verge of collapse. Was Frank incompetent or did he plan for the collapse of Fannie Mae as the biggest October surprise in history?

Frank is pretty talented in being able to cause the worst economic collapse in 75 years in just one year of a Comittee chairmanship.

They have done a lot!

I am sure there is more.

From your company right?

as an aside .... You do realize that even Mcdonalds offers employees paid maternity leave... Yes? Up to twelve weeks to be exact.

This is a non issue.
Its an issue because its not enforced across the country like a min wage is...its discriminatory.

They have done a lot!

I am sure there is more.

Do you think all women deserve it?

S
They have done a lot!

I am sure there is more.

From your company right?

This is a non issue.
Its an issue because its not enforced across the country like a min wage is...its discriminatory.

Planning a family? Look for a job with better benefits.

The Republicans celebrated the demise of Obama

They had turned him into a lame duck President while they now get to call the shots

Meanwhile, Obama has

Extended Immigration Reform
Recognized Cuba
Formed an international accord to dismantle Irans nuclear program

What have Republicans accomplished so far?
Meanwhile, Obama has: Allowed poverty to grow, neglected our rundown infrastructure, allowed "ILLEGAL" immigrants to remain in this country, run up the national debt, neglected the homeless, made health care more expensive, never addressed the injustices in our judicial system, avoided looking into government corruption, never addressed subsidies, never addressed income inequality, allowed and condoned the building of mosques on foreign soil at the expense of taxpayers, continues to supply weapons to terrorists, allows and condones our unfair, unjust, and one-sided foreign trade agreements and policies, failed to address our enormous prison population, failed to address campaign finance reform, ignored the Lobbyists' control of the U.S. Congress, failed to seek and to enact a solution to tax fraud and tax loopholes, never addressed the off-shore out-sourcing of our jobs, allowed no-bid government contracts to continue status quo, failed to end the wasteful defense spending, failed to end Medicare and Medicaid fraud and corruption, and has not brought about his promised "CHANGE" that he campaigned on in 2008.

We still have unaffordable higher education, we still have college grads flipping burgers and living with parents, the elderly are still forced to choose between buying medicine and buying food, we still have VETS on waiting list to see a doctor, we still have homeless VETS, our economy is still running on borrowed money, home ownership is way down, home owners that lost a big chunk of equity in their homes have never regained it, we have troubled pension funds, cities going bankrupt, and we're still send soldiers to fight and die in political wars on foreign soil.

Now, do you want to re-think your list of Mr. Obama's accomplishments? How are we better off today, than we were before he took office? Do we have more living wage jobs available? Do we have an adequate number of living wage jobs that cover all education and skill levels? Do we have a self-supporting nation, and a self-supporting citizenry? Does America produce what America uses and consumes, or are we still import dependent? Do we see a lot more "Made In U.S.A." labels on store shelves? How much have invested in alternative energy sources compared to what we've spent sacrificing our soldiers in senseless deadly costly wars?

What has Obama accomplished?
Save me your right wing rant

The Obama economy has surpassed the Reagan economy.
Did I not speak the truth? Can you disprove anything that I said? And, Mr. Reagan wasn't any better than the rest of them. Also, the Obama economy has further destroyed what little we had left of an economy. FYI - I'm NOT a Right Wing anything, nor am I a Left Wing anything. If you can dispute anything that I said, by all means, please do so. Otherwise, your "rant" carries no weight, and is just that, a rant.

They have done a lot!

I am sure there is more.

Do you think all women deserve it?

I think employers should offer maternity leave for full time employees. But it's up to the employer what they offer as compensation .. Not the government.

Maybe you should start a boycott of Starbucks. They discriminate against pregnant women ... cheapskates.

S
They have done a lot!

I am sure there is more.

From your company right?

This is a non issue.

Planning a family? Look for a job with better benefits.
How about stop being one of 4 civilized nations that DO NOT have paid maternity leave. PERIOD. Democrats car. Republicans don't.

They have done a lot!

I am sure there is more.

Name the 192 countries that have paid maternity leave and please link to your source(s).
Parental leave - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Sad when countries in Africa have us beat on this....pathetic.
Sad is when you depend on your government to mandate this rather than letting businesses decide and compete

Forum List

Back