wealth is unethical. everyone should make the same universal income

Status
Not open for further replies.
everyone deserves access to affordable housing, free health care, and advanced education
Yes, but wealth is not unethical. Wealth generated by paying your employees so little they need foodstamps to feed themselves even though they have a full time job is though. So is wealth generated by price gouging on necessities like medical care or medicine.

In this country employees are not forced to accept what an employer pays them.
They are when the companies cooperate to suppress wages.

I'm not saying everyone gets a McMansion, goes to Harvard, and eats surf and turf every night.

I'm saying everyone with a job should be able to afford a cheap apartment, enough to eat, and enough to take care of themselves.

It they manage their money wisely, they can.
Employers should not be held responsible for employees dumb financial decisions.
Do you not realize that if an employer pays so little that the employee needs welfare to survive you are subsidizing the employer with government funds?

everyone deserves access to affordable housing, free health care, and advanced education

Why does anyone deserve anything? Who chooses what we all "deserve"?

I deserve to be on the PGA tour, after all I have worked hard at getting better at golf. But sadly I am about 40 strokes from making the cut, but that is just not fair. Please get me on the PGA tour...hell I would settle for the senior PGA!
Do you play on public golf courses?

Why should your golf be subsidized?

I always wondered about that myself, I guess it is the same mindset that pays for parks and bike trails and the like.
Free stuff

Nothing is free. The citizens of the community I live in voted for and approved tax funds to pay for these things as they are seen as a benefit to the community as a whole. It was a willing choice by the majority of the people that voted on them.
Now you are getting it

Those same citizens vote to provide tax funds to help those in our society who need help

1. That is nearly impossible. They are competing with each other for the best employees.

2. Wages get suppressed when employers have too many candidates chasing the same job. They can offer bottom dollar and somebody is forced to accept it, because there are no other options. Supply and demand.

Now do you see why illegal immigration is such a huge problem?

Those same citizens vote to provide tax funds to help those in our society who need help
So, why do we need the Federal Government to take money from me here in Texas and give it to some burnout in South Central LA?

Local communities should decide. The founders never intended the federal government to be used as it is now.

Please add to that list -

Beer
Food
Water
Clothing
Transportation
Furniture
Comfy bedding
A/C
Heat

Yes, but wealth is not unethical. Wealth generated by paying your employees so little they need foodstamps to feed themselves even though they have a full time job is though. So is wealth generated by price gouging on necessities like medical care or medicine.

Example(s)?

Are ya stupid? None of us are asking anyone to pay our way. We are volunteering to pay yours.
Well, let me give you bank wiring info. How much can I expect?
Go down to the local welfare office and apply. They will give you the help you need, paid for by us generous taxpayers.
So, why do we need the Federal Government to take money from me here in Texas and give it to some burnout in South Central LA?

Local communities should decide. The founders never intended the federal government to be used as it is now.
Texas gets more than it gives, so your funds aren't going anywhere but Texas.

Really? I've never had a gun held to my head by an employer....

Ummmm.....because we are the UNITED States

We also take money from you and build irrigation systems in the dessert.
The founders had no concept of what it takes to run a modern government

I'm not saying everyone gets a McMansion, goes to Harvard, and eats surf and turf every night.

I'm saying everyone with a job should be able to afford a cheap apartment, enough to eat, and enough to take care of themselves.

Employers should not be held responsible for employees dumb financial decisions.
Do you not realize that if an employer pays so little that the employee needs welfare to survive you are subsidizing the employer with government funds?

Yes. And i want to stop that.

Yes. And i want to stop that.
Then you are gonna hafta get employers to pay a genuine living wage.

Ummmm.....because we are the UNITED States

We also take money from you and build irrigation systems in the dessert.
The founders had no concept of what it takes to run a modern government
When you were in civics/government class, do you remember why the individual states decided to form a union?

1. Unified Defense
2. Common Currency
3. To make transactions between citizens of one state and another consistent (they were trying to fuck each other over), AKA regulate Interstate Commerce (which the left has bastardized to mean regulating EVERYTHING)

Last edited:
rightwinger Crepitus Dragonlady
You bottom feeders have totally exposed yourselves...you do realize that no one even semi successful ever says....”Others should pay my way, I deserve it because I breathe oxygen and have a heartbeat.”
Haha...you crazy whackos.
Are ya stupid? None of us are asking anyone to pay our way. We are volunteering to pay yours.

Haha...right.
Now you want to repackage shit...huh?

Then you are gonna hafta get employers to pay a genuine living wage.
That will make the problem worse, not fix it.

The problem is neither an excess of liberty nor a deficiency of government, except that government has been derelict in its constitutional duties to regulate immigration, which has a DIRECT effect on the job market and economy as a whole.

See? Libertarians DO believe in government. Its purpose should be to promote liberty and prosperity of its citizens (not citizens of Mexico or elsewhere).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back